What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (11 Viewers)

I was just searching for a ticker in my Schwab account.  On the sidebar of the search is:

Most Popular Searches

1.Bitcoin

2.Arkk

3.Plug

4.Rmd Calculator

5.Aapl

6.Trade

7.Watchlist

8.Spy

9.Bb

10.Rmd

Regarding the penny discussion....I've read/watched people give very different definitions.  Some say anything under $5 is a penny, some under $1...heck I've even seen $10.  For a learning experience, I wouldn't hesitate buying a couple future techs in this range over a fractional share of a giant.  That's where I was about 10 months ago.  Drones for example...one of my first purchases was UAVS and I can say that stock has taught me alot.  I wish I had more invested too where I could have done some real trimming, I did take back my initial investment though.  I wouldn't go buy a bunch of stocks under $1 right now, but there are certainly some "future" stocks where you can learn, and profit, under $10.  

Where are you seeing those numbers? $17 is crazy. One of the reasons they didn’t pop after Q3 (blew away numbers) was that they gave a conservative earnings estimate.
It "was" on a CNBC page.  I can't find it now, but it was on the summary page to the right of the bar chart.

That’s why it’s a decent buy right now. The market is a gambling floor and Amazon isn’t interesting. I feel like it’s a not really risky bet to be around $4000 at the end of this year. Like a boring 20-30% return.
Right, totally agree. I think amazon will be in the 3800-4100 range by December - would be disappointed if it’s not.  

I’ve got my 13 and 16 year olds savings accounts moved over to Fidelity, haven’t figured out what to buy. Thinking smaller companies, because they are in the can buy Google but not Amazon range. That just doesn’t seem fun to follow or give them high ceilings.
I think this totally depends on the kid.

For mine, each has a college account and each has a different mentality. My oldest likes simplicity, so he's mostly VTI. we're setting up his Roth IRA this week at M1 and he'll just contribute $50 weekly to VTI or I might convince him to use some ARK funds. 

My second is risk adverse but also in the top 3% of his class and wants money for his Masters degree. I've been trading in his account but when we talk he's much more concerned about losing than gaining. So we keep some defensive plays like VPU and bonds (not much but he likes seeing them there)

3rd wants to be a computer programmer, he likes the ARK. I also trade in his account, which happens to be the one that has done the best. 

4th doesn't care. His is also the only account with Schwab. He's almost all VTI.

5th is convinced she is a princess. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:
It "was" on a CNBC page.  I can't find it now, but it was on the summary page to the right of the bar chart.
I think it must have been for next December’s quarter because it comes close to the link I sent you. I hadn’t seen anything close to that high for last quarter. It’ll be interesting because Amazon definitely played down earnings due to CV-19, meaning spending a ton to deliver safely. They are going to be a huge beneficiary of the vaccine even if people think that consumers are going to stop ordering online (hint, they won’t). Last quarter they earned $12.37. CV-19 costs were $8+, so you are talking about potentially having earnings around $20 per share, over a year than means a post CV P/E ratio closer to 20 while growing 20%. That’s all my back of the napkin stuff but if they can turn their delivery logistics into a break even proposition (others pay them to deliver), they could be raining free cash.

Yeah, talking myself into not selling and just calling it my dividend stock/bond.

Might regret it but gonna take my 68% gain on $BNGO now.
Can’t regret making that nice return in a week. Having a solid day even with LITE and FVRR, just wish 4 of the 5 stocks I was looking at starting positions in hadn’t gone up nicely pre-market. Damn long weekend. That ROKU sell freed up some money.

Just wish that darn PSTH would merge already. Would love to dump some of those SPACs I’m sitting on, but not until mergers.

RLFTF is up 20% over the last 3 hours.  It is currently $.43.  This reminds me of when I was a young lad invested in CYDY.
Just came here looking for an exit price. I was thinking about putting in an order to sell at 45 cents but I may push it a nickel. Thoughts? I'm a degenerate trader on this one, not an investor.

Just came here looking for an exit price. I was thinking about putting in an order to sell at 45 cents but I may push it a nickel. Thoughts? I'm a degenerate trader on this one, not an investor.
There could be a good argument either way.  This stock has had a tendency to rise to 60 or 70 cents when it does go up but that was a couple of months ago.  Their trial ends on Jan 21st.  Hopefully, this is the result of insider trading.

There could be a good argument either way.  This stock has had a tendency to rise to 60 or 70 cents when it does go up but that was a couple of months ago.  Their trial ends on Jan 21st.  Hopefully, this is the result of insider trading.
I'm only in for a few $k, so will hold until the 21st.

Maybe pessimism about vaccines/mutations and optimism about Biden money?
I still think some of these therapeutics are going to get a pop after Biden takes over and he tells the FDA to start approving some stuff just to try and get things back to normal. 

Just a hunch. 

Maybe pessimism about vaccines/mutations and optimism about Biden money?
Still don’t understand why Trump wouldn’t have done this and got the easy pop. I get the incompetence thing but some stories are so easy to get a quick headlines grab out of. 

Still don’t understand why Trump wouldn’t have done this and got the easy pop. I get the incompetence thing but some stories are so easy to get a quick headlines grab out of. 
He was so tied into the vaccines and Remdesivir/hydroxywhateveritwas. I still think the vaccine timing was held back to not help him. Not that I liked him, he handled last year about as bad as he could, but he’d probably burned every bridge that no one was going to pre-announce the results which they had knowing it could actually affect the vote. I remember the CDC or FDA saying they knew the week before about the Pfizer results.

2 stocks for example that may benefit from the Biden policies of green energy HYSR and SAENF.  Now what is the Robin Hood impact on these stocks since they are on OTC and currently Robin Hood buyers cannot purchase.  Do we see exponential growth if they uplist and then are able to be purchased by Robin Hood.

Kicking myself for not dropping more loot on $HAL. Bought 100 $7.80/each. Closed today at $20.54 and paying a solid dividend. Will not be trimming any of this one.

About to wrap up Season 3 of The Clone Wars. After watching the episodes with the Father, Daughter, and Son, I've decided it's time to buy more TRUFF.
Nice day for TRUFF up around 30%.

Its likely too early in this sector to get excited but there are going to be some big winners in the coming years, that I'm sure of.  Good to be in before it really heats up.

I will also purchase some MMEDF when it pulls back more because I do want more exposure.  I do think it got pretty far ahead of itself though. 

stbugs said:
Can’t regret making that nice return in a week.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Down almost 9% in AH after announcing a stock offering (which they'd be crazy not to do after this run but still.)

Wow me too, I bought on the dip at $40 with a target to sell at $60, which I did. Oops. 
Bought at $40 in March as well, still have it but I should have bought more. Only bought 50, which is a nice position now but was small back then. Everything I bought in late February through March has done ridiculously well. Only ROKU, FSLY and ZM have done better but at least I bought  a lot more of those.

HGEN down 20% after hours.  It is down to the $16s.

On January 19, 2021, Humanigen, Inc. (the “Company”) provided an update on its ongoing Phase 3 clinical trial of lenzilumab in hospitalized patients with COVID-19. As of January 19, 2021, more than 500 patients have been enrolled in the trial.

In response to the rapidly evolving therapeutic landscape, the primary endpoint of the trial has been changed to ventilator-free survival through day 28, previously one of several secondary endpoints. Time to recovery will be one of several secondary endpoints. The Company believes this change in the primary endpoint represents a more meaningful endpoint for patients, health-care providers, and payors given the current standard of care for hospitalized and hypoxic COVID-19 patients. The protocol and statistical analysis plan for the Phase 3 trial have been updated to reflect these changes. These changes have been reviewed and discussed with FDA and are expected to be posted to clinicaltrials.gov (NCT04351152). The Company remains blinded to the results of this ongoing trial.

Up 9%.  This is how it's done Jeff.
Hey, Netflix does this:

$6.64B revenue and $1.19 earnings for $6.63B and $1.39 estimates

Gains 12% AH even with barely beating revenue and missing earnings.

Amazon does this:

$96.1B revenue and $12.37 earnings for $92.6B and $7.29 estimates

And was down 1% AH. I’ll be looking forward to the earnings report late January/early February (not officially announced yet). 

At this point, holding Amazon is like holding cash. 
It won’t be, I hope, but I think it’s pretty safe. Kind of like an SPAC around $10. Sort of ignored so not yet same run up as similar stocks, but good potential.

IPOE with another great day, up 15%.  So right now I'm in:

IPOC (now CLOV)

IPODU, IPOEU (Social Capital merger), IPOFU

NGABU

SVFAU

Any other good ones to get in on the ground floor with here?

IPOC (now CLOV)

NGABU

SVFAU

I just started a position in PDAC warrants at 2.85 and also started a position in IPV warrants at 5.25

IPOC (now CLOV)

NGABU

SVFAU

Ground floor for me is still RBAC and GHIV. Based on nothing, both have room to grow. I hope  :scared:

The pumper spin from the HGEN side is that they are getting advised by the FDA to an endpoint which assures success.  Pretty sure that's what @Whyatt will say.

They do have the connections in their corner, they will likely get every opportunity to succeed.  

Users who are viewing this thread