What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (17 Viewers)

They are going to have to halt trading of everything.  Reddit broke the stock market, it took awhile, but they did it.  

Looking at the GME chart it went up around 3X on Mon, retreated to around 2X, stayed pretty flat for a day, then rocketed to 9X.

Remaining holders of AMC, you think we've seen the peak or do we think there's a second, more explosive run? 

It's a pretty good strategy.  Unlike a pyramid scheme where only the first few profit, everyone can profit when the shorts are forced to cover (which drives the price even higher).

This could mark the end of the bear raid.
I get that this can kill hedge funds and other short sellers. But what's the potential impact on the overall market? How much collateral damage might we see?

Also, can these people attack the stocks we already own? Please.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get that this can kill hedge funds and other short sellers. But what's the potential impact on the overall market? How much collateral damage might we see?
Ferrari gonna do some bizness after this.  Lots of redditeers gonna cash in and buy some expensive ish.

This could get really ugly if it manifests in the Reddit Community discovering how to Short.  They could decide that they don't like a companies business practices (for whatever reason), and drive the stock down to pennies.

It's funny seeing GameStop and AMC emails. Completely unrelated to any holdings. We just use the businesses

Looking at the GME chart it went up around 3X on Mon, retreated to around 2X, stayed pretty flat for a day, then rocketed to 9X.

Remaining holders of AMC, you think we've seen the peak or do we think there's a second, more explosive run? 
I don’t think there is any way to know. I just have a few hundred shares so I’m gonna ride it out for a while and see. 

The downstream effect of this could be huge, if it's bank holdings that are in the mix of these hedge funds, (Think trust departments for high net worth) and the banks have loaned against the HNW accounts that are now defunct or zeroed out.  

Not only are you looking at these HNW people walking on the banks, the underwriting goes in the weeds.   While this isn't great depression territory, it casts a shadow over it.

It's a pretty good strategy.  Unlike a pyramid scheme where only the first few profit, everyone can profit when the shorts are forced to cover (which drives the price even higher).

This could mark the end of the bear raid.
You do realize people are going to be stuck holding shares at the peak when these things collapse.

No idea which is  why I wanted my original money off the table.  It sure would be sweet if it follows the same path.

Nothing is on the level of GME. GME is unique because 140% of the float was shorted. AMC I think it's 50%. So AMC won't have the potential "infinite squeeze" GME  has behind it.

If you get to greedy, then yes.  But most of the profits will come from the Shorts who were forced to cover.

Bear Raid meet Bull Raid.
I don't think that's what he's saying.  The big problem is the guy who showed up and bought shares, may not find anyone with liquidity on the way down to buy back in.  Could end up entering an order to sell at market at 350 and watch it execute at 15.

Users who are viewing this thread