What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****The 2019 Carolina Panthers Thread**** We Rhule At Losing (4 Viewers)

Panthers staff is coaching the Senior Bowl. Should be interesting experience given the turnover on the Offensive Staff/potential loss of Brady if he gets a HC job.
I'm a little surprised at the interest in Brady for a potential HC job.  Seems soon as he's just getting his feet wet at the NFL OC role.  

Curious do any Panthers fans think Teddy is worth his current contract? I mean getting rid of Newton was a no brainer IMO, but not sure Teddy is really a franchise QB. Thoughts? 
I've expressed my opinion here a few times that I don't think Teddy is a franchise QB that can take a team deep into the playoffs.  Good backup but just doesn't seem the guy.  

If we're in a building mode then his current contract is fine but I don't want to extend or give him anything larger. 

The first domino in the Houston Texans trading Watson is a Top 2-3 pick in their hands and Watson is pushing the Texans around by saying he doesn't want to play in NY or. Miami which happen to both have a coveted Top-3 pick in a year where it's possible 4 QBs go in the Top 5-6 selections no matter who is holding them at the moment. 

SO why wouldn't the Texans try and get Miami to trade them back, I think pride factors in. But if say Carolina could get Miami to trade back to 8 and I'll say Miami would take the No 39 they have for 2021 and maybe a 2022 selection but nothing super high. 

Next, the Panthers start dangling 3 first round picks for Watson and bingo they got a trade partner that knows they can save face just a bit although i don't know how they can keep a fan base the way they have been managed. 

Miami sends the No 3 and in return Carolina provides the No 8 and 39 selections, maybe that alone would get it done. I also think the Jets will not trade down or out of the No 2 pick. So Miami by default becomes the target for Carolina. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread