What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 NFL Draft Pro Day results (1 Viewer)

Xue

Footballguy
Wanted a separate thread from the Combine one.

Post any notable Pro Day results here. Thanks.

Uzoma Nwachukwu, WR Texas A&M

5'11-1/4" 198 lbs (Texas vs Nation weigh-in)

4.45, 4.47 40

39.5" Vertical

10'10" Broad Jump

6.77 3-Cone

4.21 Short Shuttle

11.28 Long Shuttle

25 reps!!!

There was no posted height and weight from his Pro Day. Some sources have his 40-yard at 4.40, but I prefer to accept the slower times.

Last edited by a moderator:

4.45, 4.47 40

39.5" Vertical

10'10" Broad Jump

6.77 3-Cone

4.21 Short Shuttle

11.28 Long Shuttle

25 reps!!!

There was no posted height and weight from his Pro Day.
Those are impressive numbers.Some highlights

Also, they had him running a 4.40 in this link:

Aggies Pro Day

4.45, 4.47 40

39.5" Vertical

10'10" Broad Jump

6.77 3-Cone

4.21 Short Shuttle

11.28 Long Shuttle

25 reps!!!

There was no posted height and weight from his Pro Day.
Those are impressive numbers.Some highlights

Also, they had him running a 4.40 in this link:

Aggies Pro Day
Yes, some sites have him at 4.40, but I accept the slower times. It's possible he's a legit 4.40 with those Vert and BJ numbers. But until I find video, it's just heresay at the moment.

Damontre Moore, DE/OLB Texas A&M:

Moore came in ten pounds heavier (260 vs. 250) than he was at the Combine.

While Moore improved his bench press total from the 12 he posted at the Combine to 19,

he passed on running the 40-yard dash due to concerns over a lingering hamstring issue.

Moore was stretching and grimacing after his final 3-cone attempt, which seemed to indicate that his hamstring was an issue.

DeAndre Hopkins didn't run anywhere near a 4.4. Many other sites report him at 4.55 to 4.58.

Using this vid:

, I have him at 4.59 with 1.65 10-yard and 2.70 20-yard splits, which is what NFLDRAFTScout has him at.Still like him regardless, just not a burner.

DeAndre Hopkins didn't run anywhere near a 4.4. Many other sites report him at 4.55 to 4.58.

Using this vid:

Xue, are you measuring using FPS or timing it with a computer clock or using a stopwatch?Also, do you have an opinion on the revisions at NFLDS.com for the 2012 class? Almost all of the listed times got faster sometime in February.

Using this vid:

I'm counting frames and dividing by FPS. Pretty simple. If you have a plug-in to download videos from Youtube, download the MP4 versions and play in Quicktime. You then change the timer in Quicktime to display the "Frame Number".As for the revised times on NFLDS, the new times are way too fast. It's odd they made the change days before this year's combine. Not really sure how or why.

Hopkins is a tough one to peg. Really like his production, route running, and hands. A bit concerned that he doesn't have enough standout athletic traits to be a #1 though.

That's emblematic of this WR class as a whole. As far as I can tell, there's not a lot of overlap between the group of prospects with safe football skills and the group of prospects with special athletic qualities.

Hopkins is a tough one to peg. Really like his production, route running, and hands. A bit concerned that he doesn't have enough standout athletic traits to be a #1 though. That's emblematic of this WR class as a whole. As far as I can tell, there's not a lot of overlap between the group of prospects with safe football skills and the group of prospects with special athletic qualities.
People wanna compare him to Roddy White, but Hopkins is simply not as explosive. I think he's more like Austin Collie (plus 14 lbs).

Arkansas is tomorrow. Curious to see what Dennis Johnson can do. In my view he's a draftable RB prospect (5th-7th round).

'ZWK said:
Franklin weighed in at 196? That's 9 pounds less than he was at the combine. Not good.
He was 201 at Senior Bowl. Listed at 195 during season. I don't see a problem.
Because almost no RBs that size have been successful in the modern day NFL, other than superfast guys.Here is a list of the most successful RBs who have entered the NFL since 1999 with a combine weight of 205 or less (with a bias towards including more players):

Player Weight BMIDarren Sproles 187 30.1Justin Forsett 194 29.5C.J. Spiller 196 27.6Chris Johnson 197 27.5Steve Slaton 197 29.0Ahmad Bradshaw 198 28.8Jahvid Best 199 28.4Ray Rice 199 30.3Kendall Hunter 199 30.9Bernard Scott 200 28.5Jamaal Charles 200 27.9Brian Westbrook 200 30.1Leon Washington 201 30.7Jerome Harrison 201 29.5LeSean McCoy 204 29.0Kevin Faulk 205 31.5 Johnathan Franklin (C) 205 29.4Johnathan Franklin (PD) 196 28.1Spiller, Johnson, Best, and Charles are a different type of RB from Franklin (they're all speedsters), so let's set them aside. At 205, Franklin would fit right in with the rest, with a weight at the top of the range for this group and a BMI slightly below the average. At 196, he would have a lower BMI than any of them, and would be lighter than 10 of the 12 (including the 4 RBs who have been good starters in the NFL: Bradshaw, Rice, Westbrook, and McCoy). The only two below 196 are Sproles and Forsett, who are roles players who have never topped 120 carries in a season (Sproles has been so good at his role that he's had some fantasy value, but it's a very unusual role).And I think that a lot of these guys bulked up more after they got to the NFL. If Franklin's college playing weight is all that his frame will hold and he'll be stuck as a sub-200 guy, that is bad.

The options are big, fast, quick or explosive and Franklin is none of those things. Plus his college career suggests he doesn't have enough vision/skill to succeed even if he did have the physical tools to compete.

So I'm not sure what people are seeing with him, but I think it's 95%+ their eyes are deceiving them.

The options are big, fast, quick or explosive and Franklin is none of those things. Plus his college career suggests he doesn't have enough vision/skill to succeed even if he did have the physical tools to compete.

So I'm not sure what people are seeing with him, but I think it's 95%+ their eyes are deceiving them.
He'll be a good 3rd down back. He's elusive, good in the open field and breaks more tackles than you'd expect, but he can't do anything up the middle without a gaping hole.

Users who are viewing this thread