What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

North Korea thread (6 Viewers)

But he really likes to complain that the European nations don't spend enough on defense as they should under NATO (a complaint also made by Obama and W). But it would advantageous to look at that, and say, yeah, the US should pay less. Not just that we want to pay the same and have them spend more.

That’s what should have happened before the most recent meeting given that NK has done exactly this for 25 years.  And incrementally gets what it wants every time it does this. 
Best phrase I read a couple of months ago: North Korea has done very well selling the same horse for the past couple of decades.

bradyfan said:
Stopping more missile tests was probably the condition for the first meeting.
It would be nice to know these condition you speak of.
bradyfan is like the Magic 8 Ball of Footballguys.

Question: Why didn't we insist that North Korea show good faith before we agreed to the summit?

Magic bradyfan ball: My sources say stopping more missile tests is a good thing.

I changed the title of this thread to what I strongly believe is the reality of the situation. Trump's ridiculous statements after the summit including:

"North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat!"

and

"I trust Kim Jong Un"

look more and more absurd and shameful. What makes me worried is how Trump will react when he finally realizes how much he's been duped.

I changed the title of this thread to what I strongly believe is the reality of the situation. Trump's ridiculous statements after the summit including:

"North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat!"

and

"I trust Kim Jong Un"

look more and more absurd and shameful. What makes me worried is how Trump will react when he finally realizes how much he's been duped.
He’ll react by denying he said those things.  

Kim Jong Un didn’t play Trump like a fool. 

Trump played his base as fools

Trump knew what’s up
I don’t know that he knew or cared.  He’s into making chaos for Daddy Vladdy.  He doesn’t give a crap about anything but money.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Kim Jong Un didn’t play Trump like a fool. 

Trump played his base as fools

Trump knew what’s up
Always had to tell with this man but I honestly do not believe this. And I don't much think it had to do with Putin, or money either. I think he thought he'd be loved by everyone. 

Always had to tell with this man but I honestly do not believe this. And I don't much think it had to do with Putin, or money either. I think he thought he'd be loved by everyone. 
He knew how it would play with his base. All his base belongs to him. They love the GEOTUS. Trump wanted this as much as Kim Jong did. Did it achieve anything? Only to his base. 

bradyfan said:
Kimmy and Trump showed a willingness to talk.  Is that a small step towards peace compared to throwing threats at each other?  
No...they didn't talk about anything of substance.  The summit was a ####### joke and a PR stunt.  You have a summit to present an actual deal that gets worked on behind closed doors for months.   Amazing you guys can't see through this charlatan smoke screen.

Sinn Fein said:
Removing significant level of forces in Korea (and Germany) is not in the US's strategic interest.  

Both regions ensure that we have infrastructure and a foothold in far-reaching areas of the globe.

There are only 2 countries that think its a good idea to draw down American presence in those regions:  China and Russia.

Its embarrassing that Trump, and his supporters, cite the need to increase tariffs on Canadian and European aluminum and steel on national security grounds, but fail to recognize the long-term harm of pulling out of strategic regions in the world.
I'm sick of "national security" being used as justification for anything.  It's such a broad and meaningless term, but if you oppose it you get labelled as being anti-American

I'm sick of "national security" being used as justification for anything.  It's such a broad and meaningless term, but if you oppose it you get labelled as being anti-American
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS - you pacifist Liberal you! 

Sincerely, Neo-Cons during Dubya’s term

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS - you pacifist Liberal you! 

Sincerely, Neo-Cons during Dubya’s term
"Naturally, the common people don't want war...but after all it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them that they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism as exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country." --Hermann Goering

:lmao:  

I would assume the moderate-conservatives and moderate-liberals don't know what to do with the world.  Third party baby!!
Got that right.  It can be a lonely place...sorta like living in a city where you're the only one that pulls for your particular sports team

You're labeled by mouth breathers pissed off that someone is "disrespecting the flag" by kneeling, all the while they are dragging the stars and bars all around town on the back of their rusted out F150.  You really can't make that sort of hypocrisy up.  All that to say, who really cares what THAT type of person labels you?

I'm delighted that little rocket man outsmarted our dopey president. If there was ever a definitive sign of how much I hate Trump, this is it  I am a bigger fan of Jung Un. 

You're labeled by mouth breathers pissed off that someone is "disrespecting the flag" by kneeling, all the while they are dragging the stars and bars all around town on the back of their rusted out F150.  You really can't make that sort of hypocrisy up.  All that to say, who really cares what THAT type of person labels you?
I don't care, but the type of people you describe are (unfortunately) commonplace in this country and are the reason Congress gets to hide behind "national security" to pass ####ty policies.

boots11234 said:
Trump will attack the sites if Kim try’s to screw with him.  Book it. 
Trump’s not admitting it’s happening. He’s telling you that he solved the problem. There’s no problem so why attack them?

Trump’s not admitting it’s happening. He’s telling you that he solved the problem. There’s no problem so why attack them?
It makes for an interesting dynamic. Jong un studied for a year or more the psychology of Donald Trump. Read his book and the books about him. He knows his ego and knows what drives him. Jung un knows that Trump is currently beating his chest and campaigning for a Nobel Peace Prize. That's why he tweeted that the nuclear threat is over and we can all sleep comfortably. This is a time where Kim can build whatever he wants. Repair whatever he wants. he has a grace period before Trump will actually swallow his pride and admit he's been taken.  everyone in the world can see it, but Trump still wants to full his base into thinking he's done something remarkable. And Un is using that opportunity to build up it's test sites. 

It makes for an interesting dynamic. Jong un studied for a year or more the psychology of Donald Trump. Read his book and the books about him. He knows his ego and knows what drives him. Jung un knows that Trump is currently beating his chest and campaigning for a Nobel Peace Prize. That's why he tweeted that the nuclear threat is over and we can all sleep comfortably. This is a time where Kim can build whatever he wants. Repair whatever he wants. he has a grace period before Trump will actually swallow his pride and admit he's been taken.  everyone in the world can see it, but Trump still wants to full his base into thinking he's done something remarkable. And Un is using that opportunity to build up it's test sites. 
We’re dealing with the first administration where saying they did something is treated as equivalent to actually accomplishing it.

Also yeah I agree with you and I’ll add that Trump really solidified KJU with *his base. Whatever theories our IC had about undermining KJU or engineering a coup are pretty much over, this meeting with Trump I think has fulfilled a longtime promise of the Kims and I think probably made KJU genuinely popular to the extent NK leaders can be so in a genuine fashion.

I think Kim Jong has enough intel on Trump to know how to play his ###. It’s not like China doesn’t have any intel on him either. 

I think Kim Jong has enough intel on Trump to know how to play his ###. It’s not like China doesn’t have any intel on him either. 
In our country, because of his base and Trump bonding with them over their similarities on social and civil issues, only about 60% of the population knows he's a childish egomaniacal moron.  But to the rest of the world, nearly 100% of the other countries realize it.

JuniorNB said:
I'm delighted that little rocket man outsmarted our dopey president. If there was ever a definitive sign of how much I hate Trump, this is it  I am a bigger fan of Jung Un. 
I don’t think you mean it. 

Trump is an awful human being and a lousy President. Kim is a brutal mass murderer. Not really in the same ballpark. 
You don't think there are people that Trump would kill tomorrow if he knew he could get away with it with no repercussions the way Kim does? Sorry, I don't think there's much difference at all between the two. Only the circumstances.

Dickies said:
I don't care, but the type of people you describe are (unfortunately) commonplace in this country and are the reason Congress gets to hide behind "national security" to pass ####ty policies.
They are commonplace, no question.  They aren't the majority though and the best way to combat that sort of idiocy is to water down their individual votes so that they are less potent.  People are all over the "Democrats are gonna blow it" thread with all these different approaches on what the Democrats should/can do.  The one thing that's going to matter is the quantity of people that come out to vote.  The more that come out, the less these whackadoodles matter.  It's that simple, period.  If we want to change the course of America, the answer is engaging as many people as possible who aren't voting to vote.

You don't think there are people that Trump would kill tomorrow if he knew he could get away with it with no repercussions the way Kim does? Sorry, I don't think there's much difference at all between the two. Only the circumstances.
Thankfully we’ll never know. 

But to answer your question- no I don’t think Donald Trump is a murderer, much less a mass murderer. 

President. Kim is a brutal mass murderer.
I think this is a bit of hyperbole.  Its akin to saying Trump is a brutal mass murderer because the US has a robust capital punishment program.

Any information we get out of North Korea is inherently biased - but even under that light, I don't think I have heard of Kim sending death squads around and indiscriminately killing people.

I think this is a bit of hyperbole.  Its akin to saying Trump is a brutal mass murderer because the US has a robust capital punishment program.

Any information we get out of North Korea is inherently biased - but even under that light, I don't think I have heard of Kim sending death squads around and indiscriminately killing people.
Have you read the UN report? 

Users who are viewing this thread