What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Black Quarterback" ... hard to believe it ever mattered (1 Viewer)

Just deleted a post, for full disclosure. I sort of sided with Waldman based on hearsay, but now that I've listened to the podcast, I'll just let it speak for itself.

Interesting take.

Just deleted a post, for full disclosure. I sort of sided with Waldman based on hearsay, but now that I've listened to the podcast, I'll just let it speak for itself.

Interesting take.
Where does he come up with the 75% probability nonsense?
I decided I really didn't know how I felt about it after I listened to it. I'm not sure it's entirely accurate. The SP actually did, at first, a good job of asking this question. I'm not sure about the whole thing, actually.

eta* It was sort of a surprising rant. Also, I remember when comparisons to Matt Ryan in The Audible weren't a good thing, and how during the '11/'12 playoffs they were praising Tebow and blasting Ryan after that debacle against the Giants.

Last edited by a moderator:
BusterTBronco said:
Bridgewater won't fall due to racism. He'll fall because his style of play doesn't work in the NFL. He can also thank RG3 and his debacle of a season last year.
These two are nothing alike. Bridgewater is a pro style pocket passer who seldomly runs. Not sure how "pocket passer" doesn't work in the NFL :shrug:
i guess you didn't notice they are both black?!

BusterTBronco said:
Bridgewater won't fall due to racism. He'll fall because his style of play doesn't work in the NFL. He can also thank RG3 and his debacle of a season last year.
These two are nothing alike. Bridgewater is a pro style pocket passer who seldomly runs. Not sure how "pocket passer" doesn't work in the NFL :shrug:
i guess you didn't notice they are both black?!
link?

Last edited by a moderator:

@ProFootballTalkRaiders trade Terrelle Pryor to the Seahawks, per league source.
"Is Seattle trying to collect them???"

-BusterTBronco
Well if Wilson has a sophomore jinx season, they won't have to worry about a QB controversy. He's still the only QB on their roster.
sophomore jinx? like when he won the super bowl?
oops. I forgot that he's now in his 3rd year.

@ProFootballTalk

Raiders trade Terrelle Pryor to the Seahawks, per league source.
"Is Seattle trying to collect them???"

-BusterTBronco
Well if Wilson has a sophomore jinx season, they won't have to worry about a QB controversy. He's still the only QB on their roster.
sophomore jinx? like when he won the super bowl?
oops. I forgot that he's now in his 3rd year.
The jinx is racist so it hits Black QBs their junior year.

BusterTBronco said:
There will not be a black QB drafted in the first round this year.

Ya see, NFL teams want a Johnny Manziel. They want a Blake Bortles. They don't want a Teddy Bridgewater.

Hard to believe it ever mattered. Indeed.
Hard to believe that Aaron Rodgers was drafted before Jason Campbell in 2005, when will this bias against black QBs end. It has almost been 10 years and there is still is a chance that a white QB will get drafted before a black QB does, please stop this madness.

2005 NFL Draft

Congratulated a Vikings-fan friend on getting Bridgewater.

And apparently he is not happy with the pick because "black quarterbacks never make it in the NFL".

:rolleyes:

:no:

Lots of long texts somehow trying to defend this flawed logic of his. I am having none of it.

Could've had maybe 100 reasons real or imagined to not like the move. That would be reasonable if reasonable evidence was presented to me. But that's not what was led with. Frankly disappointing.

-QG

Seriously though, kidding aside, if two top tier prospects in the same draft are 100% identical in every single way except one is white and one is black (exact same skillset, same stats, same hair cut, etc... Let's call 'em Peyton Whiteman'ning and Peyton Blackman'ning)... We all know that Peyton Whiteman'ning gets drafted first right?

Less of a chance that he'll get a drug suspension, and teams always respect white QB's in the huddle more anyway... Just a way less risky pick for a million different reasons.

Seriously though, kidding aside, if two top tier prospects in the same draft are 100% identical in every single way except one is white and one is black (exact same skillset, same stats, same hair cut, etc... Let's call 'em Peyton Whiteman'ning and Peyton Blackman'ning)... We all know that Peyton Whiteman'ning gets drafted first right?

Less of a chance that he'll get a drug suspension, and teams always respect white QB's in the huddle more anyway... Just a way less risky pick for a million different reasons.
Is this how you'd play it if you were a GM?

2010. Mike Kafka - 4.24. Jarrett Brown - Undrafted. It happened.

Please explain how they were 100% identical in every way except the color of their skin.

Please explain how they were 100% identical in every way except the color of their skin.
:confused:

I challenge you to find two more top tier prospects with even closer profiles.

Nah, I'd give them an equal shot cuz I'm not a racist.

Just saying though, if one of the two is going to be out of the league in a few years because of a dog fighting ring, or smoking too much pot, or sexual assault on some girl at the club... Well, we all know which one of the two that would be. Just sayin'.

Your choices, your burden. Get to it or blow.

Just saying though, if one of the two is going to be out of the league in a few years because of a dog fighting ring, or smoking too much pot, or sexual assault on some girl at the club... Well, we all know which one of the two that would be. Just sayin'.
do you have a breakdown of NFL QB suspensions by race?

I just can't believe anyone would question the precision of the analogy.

Good lord..

7 starting Black QBs... I'd take them in this order, although I understand the argument for Wilson to be number 1. I'd bet within 4-6 years there are at least 12-16 on this list. I'd also take the top 3 on this list over at least 2/3 of the remaining QBs.

Cam

Wilson

Kaep

Bridgewater

RG3

EJ

Geno

I just can't believe anyone would question the precision of the analogy.
Doesn't surprise me you'd choose to blow.

7 starting Black QBs... I'd take them in this order, although I understand the argument for Wilson to be number 1. I'd bet within 4-6 years there are at least 12-16 on this list. I'd also take the top 3 on this list over at least 2/3 of the remaining QBs.

Cam

Wilson

Kaep

Bridgewater

RG3

EJ

Geno
is this by ability or how dark each player is? and in either case, bridgewater is last until he actually, you know, plays.

Big Ben says hi.

Users who are viewing this thread