What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Tom Brady, TB (1 Viewer)

let's not forget Gronk's not up to full speed. just as a rug can tie a room together, a healthy gronk can tie an offense together.

Rotoworld:

Tom Brady completed 24-of-37 passes for 234 yards and a touchdown in Sunday's Week 3 win over the Raiders.

The Patriots were held in check for most of the game by Oakland's pass defense, and Brady didn't have any deep completions. His touchdown came on a six-yard pass to Rob Gronkowski. Brady should of had a second touchdown, but both Gronkowski and Danny Amendola dropped wide-open passes in the end-zone. Brady has struggled in his first three games, and his lack of downfield accuracy is becoming a concern. Brady will be just a low-end option against the Chiefs on Monday night in Week 4.

Sep 21 - 4:08 PM

Rotoworld:

Tom Brady completed 24-of-37 passes for 234 yards and a touchdown in Sunday's Week 3 win over the Raiders.

The Patriots were held in check for most of the game by Oakland's pass defense, and Brady didn't have any deep completions. His touchdown came on a six-yard pass to Rob Gronkowski. Brady should of had a second touchdown, but both Gronkowski and Danny Amendola dropped wide-open passes in the end-zone. Brady has struggled in his first three games, and his lack of downfield accuracy is becoming a concern. Brady will be just a low-end option against the Chiefs on Monday night in Week 4.

Neither of those were anything close to "wide-open" passes. The Gronk pass was tipped and Amendola had to stretch out. Should they have been caught? probably.

Rotoworld:

Neither of those were anything close to "wide-open" passes. The Gronk pass was tipped and Amendola had to stretch out. Should they have been caught? probably.
Amendola's was off his finger-tips. Not even catchable. As mentioned, Gronk's was catchable but tipped thanks to a poor throw. :lol: at that blurb. People love their Brady.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pats O line really sucks this year. I know Mankins is long in the tooth, but it was a mistake to get rid of him. Plus, they lost their O line coach after a gazillion years this year. Brady's not fast enough to make plays on the run and he's getting lots of pressure. It's going to be ugly all year, I think.

Watched a bunch of the game today. Brady was under pressure from Justin Tuck (?!) and others all day. When he had time, his throws were way off. Pats lucky to escape with that one. Ugly game.

Would not love Brady as a fantasy QB this year. His deep outs look bad. Maybe someone with a subscription to PFF could back this up with data, but I don't subscribe at this point.

Rotoworld:

Tom Brady completed 14-of-23 passes for 159 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions in the Patriots' Week 4 blowout loss to the Chiefs on Monday night.

Brady was yanked from the game early in the fourth quarter in favor of Jimmy Garappolo after tossing a pick-six to Husain Abdullah. The Chiefs were up 41-7 and completely embarrassed the Patriots. In addition to his two interceptions, Brady also lost a fumble inside his own 20-yard line on a strip-sack by Tamba Hali. As much as the Chiefs embarrassed the Patriots, New England's roster on the offensive side of the ball is even more embarrassing. Brady has nobody to throw to besides a slot receiver in Julian Edelman and a less-than-100-percent Rob Gronkowski. New England has been painfully bad at developing receivers, and 37-year-old Brady is on pace for the worst statistical season of his career. He's back-end QB2.

Sep 29 - 11:03 PM

It's crazy to think that after four games, Tom Brady has more turnovers (5 - 2 interceptions and 3 lost fumbles) than touchdowns (4 passing).

What's news here is that Tom Brady was benched. I don't think that's ever happened. Pretty significant development if you ask me.

If the bad play continues don't be surprised to see it happen again. Jimmy G looked pretty good tonight.

What's news here is that Tom Brady was benched. I don't think that's ever happened. Pretty significant development if you ask me.

If the bad play continues don't be surprised to see it happen again. Jimmy G looked pretty good tonight.
He was sat when they were down 7-41 with 10 mins left. Jimmy looked good against the prevent defense.

Oline needs to change.

He was sat when they were down 7-41 with 10 mins left. Jimmy looked good against the prevent defense.Oline needs to change.
I didn't think it was that big a deal until I heard Steve Young go off about it in the postgame.

He was sat when they were down 7-41 with 10 mins left. Jimmy looked good against the prevent defense.Oline needs to change.
I didn't think it was that big a deal until I heard Steve Young go off about it in the postgame.
Is it a big deal? Why would Brady still be playing at that point, they played awful on both sides of the ball all game - it was over 5 mins into the 3rd quarter.

Agree. Young basically said it was either Brady wanted to come out following a pick-6 which isn't good, or he was forcibly benched which isn't good either.

Happend vs Saints a few years ago. Pats rarely in this position so it doesn't happen often but it's happened.

Agree. Young basically said it was either Brady wanted to come out following a pick-6 which isn't good, or he was forcibly benched which isn't good either.
He was benched. Came out during the postgame presser.

I am so tempted.to drop him... in my start 2qb league even...
LOL no way you can drop in a start 2QB. You could still get a significant asset in that format.

Majority of owners of Geno/Locker/Buff QB/Fitzpatrick/Minn QB/AZ QB/Ram QB/Browns QB/Raiders QB/ Tampa QB would part with them in a second for Brady (There's 10 QBs right there)

And depending on their last performance, possibly Tannehill & Flacco owners too.

He's going to start losing respect of his teammates. He's in complete denial of his decline.
:confused:

He included himself in the bad performance. He wasn't blaming everybody else and letting himself off the hook -- he was saying everybody sucked. Which, having watched the game, I'd have to agree with. :shrug:

including the coaching staff who might've put forth one of , if not the worst, game plans this season..they looked disinterested from the start of the game,like they didn't want to be there..

so, the Pats have been blown out in 3 of their last 5 games..last years debacle in the AFC championship game, Dolphins week 1, and last night..it's a trend, not an anomaly - this team , coaching staff, play calling are all lousy at this point..it's time for BB to move on at season's end, I think he's become that stale HC like Schottenheimer after 10 years in KC..it's time for a change IMO, BB has been in NE a very long time - perhaps too long?

The Pats haven't done him any favors by filling the team with "smart" skill position players who can't actually "play" but the writing is on the wall and if Brady makes it through 2014 as the starter he won't make it through 2015.

He is seriously droppable at this point for any one of the following:

Bortles

Bridgewater

Fitzpatrick

Glennan

Fantasy wise he's working with a lot of undeveloped "potential".

If you're talking about real football, you go ahead and count Brady out and see how that works out for you.

THey did the same thing about 5-6 years ago against the Saints on a MNF.

Hoodie said after the game he knew it wasn't their night so he pulled a few people knowing they were on a short week.

I wouldn't think much of it.

Remember when Brady says he will quit when he is not good anymore? Time to call it a career Tom. It is sad to watch such a great QB in the games history shrink to the inability he has to lead a team down the field. Bellicheats ego was in full effect again when they did not make a play for a real WR this offseason.

The SP board is not working properly for me again today (doesn't want to put quotes in replies)

I'm dropping him. I shouldn't have held out this long but, well, that name value is big. I picked up Eli in one league (started him this week) and traded for Russell Wilson in another (started Wilson last week, but he's on bye this week so Brady was trotted out one last time).

But that's it. Say Goodbye Tom

It was the end of a blowout.

Does anyone here seriously think Brady is on the sideline watching Garrapolo take snaps in a game is still decidable? C'mon folks, let's discuss meaningful information and not act like sportswriters.

Brady, last season

Weeks 1-8 QB26 (give or take depending on league scoring)

Weeks 9-16. QB5, and third highest FF scoring for QBs (late bye). Scoring increased by roughly 150%.

This year:

QB27, with his current average just a shade below last year's week 1-8 average.

Just saying - this looks like a strong buying opportunity right now. How much can you lose given his depressed price, and then consider the upside...

Brady is not a top fantasy QB without Welker to vacuum up all his off target throws.

Look at his numbers before Welker and then the last two years.

Edelman looked awful this game aswell.
probably because he is awful. maybe if Brady didn't have such man love for him it would be a step in the right direction for the offense.
He is not Welker and only the ego of Bellicheat would lead him to believe Welker is interchangeable with any other small pale WR. He is trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
Edelman is about 90% of what Welker is now. Maybe only 50-60% of what Welker was at his peak, but that Welker doesn't exist anymore.

While it's clear as day that Brady's skills are declining - like I said yesterday, Father Time is undefeated - I think the Patriots have done him a great disservice by not improving his weapons. There were plenty of free agents they could have signed this past offseason, but they did nothing. Julian Edelman is not a bad WR, but he should not be your best one. I'll bet deep down that Brady is super pissed about all of this, but he's such a company man, we'll probably not hear a thing about it until maybe years after he retires if he decides to candidly talk about such things.

Rotoworld:

Following Monday night's loss at Kansas City, coach Bill Belichick scoffed when asked if he'd "evaluate" the quarterback position this week.

Belichick chuckled at the notion, the reaction most people have when asked about benching a legend like Tom Brady in favor of a rookie like Jimmy Garoppolo. It's obviously not going to happen, but the fact that it even has to be asked speaks volumes. Brady has been bad since the beginning of last season, lacking zip on his intermediate throws and showing no accuracy on deep balls. It would be extremely rare for a player to reverse his career arc at age 37.

Related: Jimmy Garoppolo

Source: CSN New England

Sep 30 - 8:20 AM

fruity pebbles said:
is this the thread where we cr@p on Brady's career because he hasn't looked the same this year?
Top 5 career at the position all-time. He started sucking last year though.

Users who are viewing this thread