What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****Official Baltimore Ravens Thread***** (1 Viewer)

In the weekly Coordinators' press conference Wednesday, Greg Roman said something really interesting when asked about the recent success of his play calling: "Part of the early and mid part of the season was seeing how people were playing us, running some things against those things and seeing how it would end up. And gathering information for, you know, playing the long game. That factors into our success, and into our evolution."

Fans speculate from time to time that teams are holding things back for use at key moments later in the season, and I thought it was interesting to hear Roman affirm that he was at times calling plays essentially as experimentation. Maybe during this recent streak, we're seeing the results of that experimentation. At the very least, I'm not hearing the narrative that the Ravens' offensive success stems from opponents' unfamiliarity and that they get shut down the second time a defense gets to look at them.

I mean there has to be some reason they're rushing for 262 yards/game since Lamar's return.

I've already made this comment elsewhere and won't belabor the point, but since Lamar's return.

Jeff Z over at the Athletic picked Buffalo 27, Baltimore 24
As long as the weather is reasonable, I would be very surprised if Baltimore is held to 24 points in this game. I don't think the Buffalo D matches up all that well vs the Ravens' offense 

As long as the weather is reasonable, I would be very surprised if Baltimore is held to 24 points in this game. I don't think the Buffalo D matches up all that well vs the Ravens' offense 
Weather looks like no snow, mid-30s, and breezy for tonight's game.

Weather looks like no snow, mid-30s, and breezy for tonight's game.
Yeah, not terrible. A little less windy than last year's regular season game where the wind was somewhat of a factor but not overwhelmingly. I think tonight's conditions play in Allen's favor a little, as he has that Flacco-like ability to blast a ball through lighter winds, whereas Lamar is susceptible to some fluttering. But doesn't seem like the weather will be determinative, which is all I was hoping for.

I guess I will go with a pick of Ravens 31-27 that's a white-knuckle ride to the finish with a chance for the Bills to win on a final drive that gets inside the red zone. Ravens blitz far less than usual, using exotic schemes to try to confuse Allen and generate pressure, but still using 4-man rushes more than 5 and 6. With Humphrey drawing Beasley man-to-man in the slot, I could see some well-timed CB blitz from him as Bowser or even Campbell drops into zone coverage from the DL. The Bills play nickel like 90% of the time, so maybe it's a big game for Gus Edwards as the Ravens try to muscle up with inside power running. My 2 X factor Ravens are Ngakoue and Mark Andrews, who has been kind of MIA lately.

Going to be a long 11 hours until kickoff 

Yeah, not terrible. A little less windy than last year's regular season game where the wind was somewhat of a factor but not overwhelmingly. I think tonight's conditions play in Allen's favor a little, as he has that Flacco-like ability to blast a ball through lighter winds, whereas Lamar is susceptible to some fluttering. But doesn't seem like the weather will be determinative, which is all I was hoping for.

I guess I will go with a pick of Ravens 31-27 that's a white-knuckle ride to the finish with a chance for the Bills to win on a final drive that gets inside the red zone. Ravens blitz far less than usual, using exotic schemes to try to confuse Allen and generate pressure, but still using 4-man rushes more than 5 and 6. With Humphrey drawing Beasley man-to-man in the slot, I could see some well-timed CB blitz from him as Bowser or even Campbell drops into zone coverage from the DL. The Bills play nickel like 90% of the time, so maybe it's a big game for Gus Edwards as the Ravens try to muscle up with inside power running. My 2 X factor Ravens are Ngakoue and Mark Andrews, who has been kind of MIA lately.

Going to be a long 11 hours until kickoff 
:lol:  Yeah, I'm already working on timing out my nap.

As for a prediction, I'm going a little lower than you and with a different winner. I'm thinking 23-20 Buffalo. Just feels like their game to me.

I read something the other day about Stefon Diggs' mother meeting Ozzie Newsome at a pro workout for Stefon's little brother. She went up to Ozzie and said "they should fire your ### for not picking Stefon!". :lmao:  Given Baltimore's issues with drafted WRs, how good a fit would THAT guy be on this team?

I’ll go 27-23 Ravens. Bills are a fantastic team and I’ll be rooting for them if they prevail. Probably comes down to turnovers. I do think we blitz a decent amount and hopefully can contain Allen particularly to his right. Misdirection/screens/anything that puts our LBs in coverage worries me almost as much as their stellar receivers. May as well blitz them if they’re not gonna cover anyone anyways! Read somewhere on the internet, so it must be true, that home favorites of 3 or less are 6-12 in the playoffs and 4-14 ATS. 

I think the Bills sell out like crazy to stop the run which sets up some nice passing prop value for Bal, probably their TEs as that is the weakest part of the Bills pass D. 

I can see Beasley and Knox having good days as I think Bal will contain Diggs and Brown while blitzing, forcing Allen to consistently beat the blitz in short 5-8 yard chunks. 

Coin flip. Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Bills sell out like crazy to stop the run which sets up some nice passing prop value for Bal, probably their TEs as that is the weakest part of the Bills pass D. 

I can see Beasley and Knox having good days as I think Bal will contain Diggs and Brown while blitzing, forcing Allen to consistently beat the blitz in short 5-8 yard chunks. 

Coin flip. Good Luck!
Good luck man!

I hate that your season ended on a Lamar Jackson injury. Hopefully it’s not a bad concussion and they don’t become a long term issue. He really is an unbelievable weapon. The Ravens need to find themselves a better center maybe and some receivers that win more often too. The Ravens injuries at LT definitely hurt them tonight. Don’t think this will be the last time these two teams with these two young QBs meet in the playoffs.

Well, that was disappointing. I thought the Bills would win, but I also thought Baltimore would show better than they did.

@The_Man & @Cobbler1 , you guys ok?
Ehh. Hanging in there. Would have been fine losing to the Bills. They’re a fun team and very likable. Their followers here are 99% cool. But losing while playing terribly leaves a more hollow feeling. How you doing?

Can’t win em all

D was spectacular. O was so disappointing. And the wind did F up the game which I was afraid would happen 

The Ravens’ approach to the salary cap has always been to cheap out at Center and Guard (other than Yanda) but it’s time to invest 

Ehh. Hanging in there. Would have been fine losing to the Bills. They’re a fun team and very likable. Their followers here are 99% cool. But losing while playing terribly leaves a more hollow feeling. How you doing?
I'm good. I don't live-and-die by sports contest results like I used to. It's too exhausting for my old ### these days. I'm still involved during the games, but don't get the hangovers anymore.

I wish it was a better game, though.

Can’t win em all

D was spectacular. O was so disappointing. And the wind did F up the game which I was afraid would happen 

The Ravens’ approach to the salary cap has always been to cheap out at Center and Guard (other than Yanda) but it’s time to invest 
Yeah, they smoke-and-mirrored the OL much better this season than I thought they could - especially after Stanley got hurt. But the chickens came home to roost last night.

The wind did mess with the game, but it hurt Buffalo too. Allen had some balls sail on him and their K missed two attempts.

Ravens made 5 trips inside the Bills' 30 yard line and got 3 points. Wind, snow, hurricane, mudslide, whatever - that ain't gonna do it against anyone.

Great game by the Buffalo defense not allowing Lamar to get loose on the ground. When you can do that it really makes the Baltimore offense very mediocre. Hoping for a KC win so we can see an Allen and Mahomes face off.

My to-do list (in no particular order):

- As @The_Man said above, stabilize the interior OL. They should have Stanley back at LT and Little Zeus at RT (though I thought he played better at LT). And find a C who can snap the damned ball.

- I think the next two big names they have to make contract decisions on coming off rookie deals are Andrews & Brown. I'm guessing Brown is gonna want LT money. Then comes Lamar......

- They've got to figure out something in the passing game. Teams are just flat-out ignoring the threat now. They somehow have to get a studly WR. I think Hollywood Brown is close to his ceiling - which is fine, but he's not a #1.

- I don't think they have any OLBs under contract next year. I think I'd re-sign Judon and let the others go unless they can be retained fairly cheaply. In any case, they have to do something here.

Orlando Brown wants out.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/two_time_pro_bowl_ot_orlando_brown_requests_trade_from_ravens/s1_14819_34066922

Bracie Smathers said:
Orlando Brown wants out.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/two_time_pro_bowl_ot_orlando_brown_requests_trade_from_ravens/s1_14819_34066922
You could kind of see this coming when he played so well in Stanley's absence. And he's said in the past that he wanted to play LT because his father did. I was hoping that, if the Ravens paid him like a LT, he'd be content. But, if it's a pride/ego thing too, then I don't see any way around him leaving.

Apparently the Ravens have given him permission to seek a trade. They'll want hefty compensation, though.

You could kind of see this coming when he played so well in Stanley's absence. And he's said in the past that he wanted to play LT because his father did. I was hoping that, if the Ravens paid him like a LT, he'd be content. But, if it's a pride/ego thing too, then I don't see any way around him leaving.

Apparently the Ravens have given him permission to seek a trade. They'll want hefty compensation, though.
Yeah not gonna just give him away. I’ve seen the Chargers and Jags speculated. Otherwise, he’s gonna have to play and deal with it for a couple years. There’s no leverage to sit out.

I don't think the Ravens have any intent (or flexibility) to pay him as a LT, not with that huge deal they gave Stanley.

Yeah not gonna just give him away. I’ve seen the Chargers and Jags speculated. Otherwise, he’s gonna have to play and deal with it for a couple years. There’s no leverage to sit out.
2021 is the last year of his deal unless they want to franchise tag him. You don't want to deal with disgruntled players, I think if they get something pretty good for him he's gone. Sucks because they need more not fewer O-linemen.

I don't think the Ravens have any intent (or flexibility) to pay him as a LT, not with that huge deal they gave Stanley.

2021 is the last year of his deal unless they want to franchise tag him. You don't want to deal with disgruntled players, I think if they get something pretty good for him he's gone. Sucks because they need more not fewer O-linemen.
I mean there’s always the slim chance he goes the AB route and acts like enough of a psycho to get himself cut but in all likelihood he will pipe down and play. He has no leverage to sit out and makes the most future money by being a good solider, playing, and playing well. Money generally wins in the end. And the Ravens won’t hesitate to play him this year under contract and then franchise him if that’s what’s best for the team.

I’m sure they will explore a trade though. It made sense to do so even before Brown started talking. If they can land a top half of the first round pick for him and possible get a Waddle or Pitts type that’s a good move. And it would free up future $$$ to throw at EDGE and OL in free agency. With him they would have an elite line. Without him the line is still probably better than the line that ended last year. Stanley returns as upgrade to Brown, I’d expect them to draft/sign some interior OL or even signing a vet RT and letting Phillips slide inside to guard full time is probably a big boost.

Ravens finally granted Orlando Brown his wish.

They now have a pair of 2021 1st round picks, albeit late ones.  I think they use these to move up into the teens to take the player that they fell in love with, whoever that may be.

Alternately, they could take a WR at their original pick and use the 2nd one as arbitrage.  Some team may be willing to pay up for the possibility of a 5th year option when #31 is on the clock.

Posted this in the thread about the trade:

From an article at The Athletic, here are 3 different trade value calcs on how this washes out:

1. Jimmie Johnson Chart: Brown for the 44th

2. Rich Hill: Brown for the 37th

3. Michael Lopez: Brown for the 25th

I see it written often that JJ's chart is outdated, but still seems to be the one cited most often in trades. I don't have a clue who the other two dudes are, or if one is more accurate than the other. The average of the 3 is pick 35.

Another way to look at it is that Baltimore gave up Brown to move up 27 spots and gain a 3rd & 4th (leaving aside the 2022 late rounders swapped). Moving up into the 1st is important, because now the 5th year option is in play. It's a nice carrot to dangle in front of other teams should the Ravens look to trade it - it's another year to evaluate the player while under team control. It's why they moved into the first to select Lamar Jackson 3 years ago when they could have gotten him early 2nd.

Baltimore wasn't ever re-signing Brown at LT market prices (they're already paying Stanley $100 mil to play there; they also have decisions to make on Jackson & Mark Andrews in the next year or so). When Brown went public, they were kind of boxed in. They could have kept him this season, after which he would have gotten top-of-the-market LT money from someone else, and gotten nothing in return. I have no doubt Brown would have played well and not dogged it (a lesson I'm sure he learned from the combine).

I'm sure, besides their division rivals (& NE, from residual loathing), KC is the last team Baltimore wanted to do this deal with. But you can only dance with those who step onto the floor and it appears the Chiefs were the best (only?) partner out there.

There are risks for both teams here.

KC gets a good player at a position of need for a year cheap, but either has to pay him big money or let him walk. And Brown's a weaker pass blocker than he is a run blocker (or has been, at least).

Baltimore immediately weakens their OL (especially if Stanley is slow to return to form). It's also more important that they nail this draft than it was this time yesterday.

But, I like the trade for both teams, given their circumstances, and that they had the guts to do it.

Ravens finally granted Orlando Brown his wish.

They now have a pair of 2021 1st round picks, albeit late ones.  I think they use these to move up into the teens to take the player that they fell in love with, whoever that may be.

Alternately, they could take a WR at their original pick and use the 2nd one as arbitrage.  Some team may be willing to pay up for the possibility of a 5th year option when #31 is on the clock.
They have a bunch of flexibility, that's for sure. I think they'll be active in trades on Draft Day(s).

WR, OL, S, Edge, and DL in some order.

I don't know why this hasn't been asked but what in the world was Baltimore thinking in dishing a very good OLT to the best team in the AFC when OLT was the Chiefs big weakness?

I'm really surprised that a team like the Ravens would deal to everyone's biggest rival in the conference.  I have to believe Ozzie would not have dealt with KC and gotten little in return.   

For AFCN teams in the draft.  

I have to think CIN takes the OT to protect JB.

Don't be surprised if PIT goes RB in the first if Harris is available.

CLE 'probably' leaning CB with EDGE a close second.

I thought BAL would be going EDGE but what do you think the AFCN teams will go in the 1st?

Posted this in the thread about the trade:

From an article at The Athletic, here are 3 different trade value calcs on how this washes out:

1. Jimmie Johnson Chart: Brown for the 44th

2. Rich Hill: Brown for the 37th

3. Michael Lopez: Brown for the 25th

I see it written often that JJ's chart is outdated, but still seems to be the one cited most often in trades. I don't have a clue who the other two dudes are, or if one is more accurate than the other. The average of the 3 is pick 35.

Another way to look at it is that Baltimore gave up Brown to move up 27 spots and gain a 3rd & 4th (leaving aside the 2022 late rounders swapped). Moving up into the 1st is important, because now the 5th year option is in play. It's a nice carrot to dangle in front of other teams should the Ravens look to trade it - it's another year to evaluate the player while under team control. It's why they moved into the first to select Lamar Jackson 3 years ago when they could have gotten him early 2nd.

Baltimore wasn't ever re-signing Brown at LT market prices (they're already paying Stanley $100 mil to play there; they also have decisions to make on Jackson & Mark Andrews in the next year or so). When Brown went public, they were kind of boxed in. They could have kept him this season, after which he would have gotten top-of-the-market LT money from someone else, and gotten nothing in return. I have no doubt Brown would have played well and not dogged it (a lesson I'm sure he learned from the combine).

I'm sure, besides their division rivals (& NE, from residual loathing), KC is the last team Baltimore wanted to do this deal with. But you can only dance with those who step onto the floor and it appears the Chiefs were the best (only?) partner out there.

There are risks for both teams here.

KC gets a good player at a position of need for a year cheap, but either has to pay him big money or let him walk. And Brown's a weaker pass blocker than he is a run blocker (or has been, at least).

Baltimore immediately weakens their OL (especially if Stanley is slow to return to form). It's also more important that they nail this draft than it was this time yesterday.

But, I like the trade for both teams, given their circumstances, and that they had the guts to do it.
It weakens what the OL could have been this year but it should be stronger than it was last year. Big upgrade at guard, Stanley is better than Brown if healthy and no reason to think he won’t be. I believe he was starting activities again in January. You’d hope Phillips will be better than he was as rookie. Villanueva was in for a visit, if he gets signed the line could approach the elite level of 2 years ago.

I don't know why this hasn't been asked but what in the world was Baltimore thinking in dishing a very good OLT to the best team in the AFC when OLT was the Chiefs big weakness?

I'm really surprised that a team like the Ravens would deal to everyone's biggest rival in the conference.  I have to believe Ozzie would not have dealt with KC and gotten little in return.   

I thought BAL would be going EDGE but what do you think the AFCN teams will go in the 1st?
I addressed my thoughts on your first question in my post above. 

I'm not sure who the Ravens will draft in the 1st. They may not keep both of those picks. As I said above, needs are WR/S/OL/DL/EDGE.

I don’t think I’d characterize a first as little in return. I was hoping for a mid 1 but I guess that was entirely unrealistic. Lots of flexibility now with the 2 late 1s and I think it’s 2 3s and 3 4s next year. 

I think Ravens will sign a Houston or Kerrigan type but EDGE is still on the table. Tackle as well and of course wr. 

It weakens what the OL could have been this year but it should be stronger than it was last year. Big upgrade at guard, Stanley is better than Brown if healthy and no reason to think he won’t be. I believe he was starting activities again in January. You’d hope Phillips will be better than he was as rookie. Villanueva was in for a visit, if he gets signed the line could approach the elite level of 2 years ago.
Phillips was not good last year. He needs to step up.

I honestly don't know how good Villanueva is pass-blocking vs run-blocking, and how he compares to Brown in both areas.

Phillips was not good last year. He needs to step up.

I honestly don't know how good Villanueva is pass-blocking vs run-blocking, and how he compares to Brown in both areas.
Phillips wasn’t good at tackle and I don’t think he was drafted to play there. I thought he showed a lot of potential as a massive guard. My understanding is Villanueva is as good as Brown was in pass pro but not as strong of a run blocker. 

I addressed my thoughts on your first question in my post above. 

I'm not sure who the Ravens will draft in the 1st... needs are WR/S/OL/DL/EDGE.
The issue of dealing with KC has been skipped over by many reports.  It worse than dealing with Pittsburgh for Baltimore because KC is the biggest threat in the AFC.

Any specific names mentioned?  I'm fairly sure CIN has to with the OT and I do believe PIT goes RB if Harris is available.  Browns have clamped down all leaks but have to think they go CB or EDGE but I haven't a clue how they rank them.

I don’t think I’d characterize a first as little in return. I was hoping for a mid 1 but I guess that was entirely unrealistic. Lots of flexibility now with the 2 late 1s and I think it’s 2 3s and 3 4s next year. 

I think Ravens will sign a Houston or Kerrigan type but EDGE is still on the table. Tackle as well and of course wr. 
I think a lot of O-Brown so I think it was a terrible return.  I think it greatly helped KC and that is the crux of my criticism.  No matter what happened last year Buffalo is not the biggest threat.  You helped the biggest rival/obstacle in the playoffs.   

Phillips wasn’t good at tackle and I don’t think he was drafted to play there. I thought he showed a lot of potential as a massive guard. My understanding is Villanueva is as good as Brown was in pass pro but not as strong of a run blocker. 
Maybe you're right. I recall the Ravens getting torched by up-the-middle pass rushes last year. Could be that all happened after Phillips moved to RT, though. My memory is not what it used to be.

In any case, Phillips' best play was when he scooped up a fumble and destroyed some poor defender :lol:

The issue of dealing with KC has been skipped over by many reports.  It worse than dealing with Pittsburgh for Baltimore because KC is the biggest threat in the AFC.

I think a lot of O-Brown so I think it was a terrible return.  I think it greatly helped KC and that is the crux of my criticism.  No matter what happened last year Buffalo is not the biggest threat.  You helped the biggest rival/obstacle in the playoffs.   
And I believe KC helped Baltimore out of a jam. We'll see. The Ravens have to turn those picks into something, though.

And nothing is worse than dealing with Pittsburgh. 

And I believe KC helped Baltimore out of a jam. We'll see. The Ravens have to turn those picks into something, though.

And nothing is worse than dealing with Pittsburgh. 
KC has been to and won one of the last two SBs.  It not a debate, they are the biggest threat in the AFC.

Next year when other teams advance they will be playing KC in KC, not Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh.  

Baltimore should have dealt with anyone in the NFC but if they 'had' to go AFC then anyone other than KC.  

Maybe you're right. I recall the Ravens getting torched by up-the-middle pass rushes last year. Could be that all happened after Phillips moved to RT, though. My memory is not what it used to be.

In any case, Phillips' best play was when he scooped up a fumble and destroyed some poor defender :lol:
I may just be hanging to the idea of it because I love the concept of taking a massive kid who is probably a project at tackle and moving him inside and let him maul propels at guard. The early season sample size wasn’t terribly big and to my eyes you’re right he was def worse than Fluker at tackle and DJ was basically playing on one leg.

Any specific names mentioned?  I'm fairly sure CIN has to with the OT and I do believe PIT goes RB if Harris is available.  Browns have clamped down all leaks but have to think they go CB or EDGE but I haven't a clue how they rank them.

I’ve seen Marshall mocked the most at wr. The dream would be Batemon falls or a trade up for Chase/Pitts if there’s a Qb run at the top and one slips to 7-10. At EDGE Ojulari, Oweh, and Zaven Collins seem mentioned a lot. 

I disagree with the KC angle. If they’re offering the best deal you take it to better yourselves and take the most from them. They’re now out a 1 and have to pay Brown big money which will weaken them elsewhere down the line. I’ve never understood the “don’t trade to rivals line of thinking”. If you like the return you do the deal. Unless you think Brown had enough leverage that they’d take a weak return just to move him which I don’t think was the case.

I’ve seen Marshall mocked the most at wr. The dream would be Batemon falls or a trade up for Chase/Pitts if there’s a Qb run at the top and one slips to 7-10. At EDGE Ojulari, Oweh, and Zaven Collins seem mentioned a lot. 

Although I'd love it, I don't see any way the Ravens get up to Chase/Pitts. I've seen Bateman mocked to them a few times, but have also seen him mocked going in the mid-teens.

I wouldn't mind them going Edge with at one of their 1st round picks if the value is there. OL with the other.

Well done!

I was a little surprised Baltimore kept both picks, as Jeff Z over at The Athletic has been talking the last few weeks about how De Costa despises not having 2nd round picks. I thought they might trade back and score maybe an extra 3rd or 4th. I can't see how they can trade picks now to get them back into the 2nd without including next year's first or second.

Anyway, it seems most are lauding the Ravens for taking Bateman. I was hoping Boykin would be the guy that Bateman supposedly is, but something's missing there. Seems like Bateman is really polished and has a high floor. Dynasty FFers are crying in their beers over his landing spot, but I don't really care about that if he turns into Michael Thomas.

I've never seen Oweh play. I know nothing about him other than the eye-popping measurables and that he didn't play football until JR year of HS. I gotta think Martindale is putting on his Dr Frankenstein lab coat and dreaming of what he can do with this dude. I like the swing-for-the-fences approach with this pick that also happens to be a position of need.

OL continues to worry me - especially with no 2nd rounder - but they couldn't draft 3 players in 2 picks. Duct tape and Villanueva will have to do.

Uruk-Hai said:
Well done!

I was a little surprised Baltimore kept both picks, as Jeff Z over at The Athletic has been talking the last few weeks about how De Costa despises not having 2nd round picks. I thought they might trade back and score maybe an extra 3rd or 4th. I can't see how they can trade picks now to get them back into the 2nd without including next year's first or second.

Anyway, it seems most are lauding the Ravens for taking Bateman. I was hoping Boykin would be the guy that Bateman supposedly is, but something's missing there. Seems like Bateman is really polished and has a high floor. Dynasty FFers are crying in their beers over his landing spot, but I don't really care about that if he turns into Michael Thomas.

I've never seen Oweh play. I know nothing about him other than the eye-popping measurables and that he didn't play football until JR year of HS. I gotta think Martindale is putting on his Dr Frankenstein lab coat and dreaming of what he can do with this dude. I like the swing-for-the-fences approach with this pick that also happens to be a position of need.

OL continues to worry me - especially with no 2nd rounder - but they couldn't draft 3 players in 2 picks. Duct tape and Villanueva will have to do.
Thanks fam! Love Bateman at 27. He’s smooth and fast. Maybe a poor man’s Amari Cooper type as a prospect. Can’t say I loved the Oweh pick. The physical freak lack of production prospect profile worries me but the upside is undeniable. And he did have 20 pressures in 7 games. I agree with what you said that they will let Wink mold him as an explosive piece off the edge. Adds a huge amount of athleticism to our front. 

Day 2 brought on a HUGE guard. I loved that pick. He’s freaking massive. Can’t say I know much about Stephens other than I read they want to switch him to safety and they loved him enough to take him much earlier than most rankings would indicate. 

We still gotta be in the FA market for a rusher (Houston, Kerrigan) and tackle, Villanueva...

Thanks fam! Love Bateman at 27. He’s smooth and fast. Maybe a poor man’s Amari Cooper type as a prospect. Can’t say I loved the Oweh pick. The physical freak lack of production prospect profile worries me but the upside is undeniable. And he did have 20 pressures in 7 games. I agree with what you said that they will let Wink mold him as an explosive piece off the edge. Adds a huge amount of athleticism to our front. 

Day 2 brought on a HUGE guard. I loved that pick. He’s freaking massive. Can’t say I know much about Stephens other than I read they want to switch him to safety and they loved him enough to take him much earlier than most rankings would indicate. 

We still gotta be in the FA market for a rusher (Houston, Kerrigan) and tackle, Villanueva...
I think Villanueva is a done deal and Baltimore is just waiting til they are past the comp deadline.

I'm with you that either Houston or Kerrigan ends up in purple & black, too. They only need them for 25 snaps or so a game.

That G they picked last night..... Some wonk compared him to the Mountain on Game Of Thrones. If he can move at all, the sight of him pulling will be frightening for defenders. And he should be a road grader straight ahead. Don't know anything about his pass blocking.

The DB choice didn't surprise me, though I know nothing about the player himself other than I read he's really athletic. The Ravens always pick DBs they can develop. He could go either Safety or CB, but I suspect he'll mostly be ST until he gets his feet under him and guys like Peters & Smith age out.

Today, I'd like to see some more OL and at least one ILB. I expect another DB or RB type to be picked, too.

If Oweh is a hit, they've had another really good draft.

I think Villanueva is a done deal and Baltimore is just waiting til they are past the comp deadline.

I'm with you that either Houston or Kerrigan ends up in purple & black, too. They only need them for 25 snaps or so a game.

That G they picked last night..... Some wonk compared him to the Mountain on Game Of Thrones. If he can move at all, the sight of him pulling will be frightening for defenders. And he should be a road grader straight ahead. Don't know anything about his pass blocking.

The DB choice didn't surprise me, though I know nothing about the player himself other than I read he's really athletic. The Ravens always pick DBs they can develop. He could go either Safety or CB, but I suspect he'll mostly be ST until he gets his feet under him and guys like Peters & Smith age out.

Today, I'd like to see some more OL and at least one ILB. I expect another DB or RB type to be picked, too.

If Oweh is a hit, they've had another really good draft.
Yeah they’ll wait until early next week and then get a couple of those guys done after the deadline. Colts and Dolphins rumored the competition for Villanueva. 

Cleveland seems absolutely perfect in that he can just lean on guys and be massive most of the time. It’s not like we’re a big screen team that will need him in space for that. If he can pull effectively that’s just a big bonus. Offshoot of that is I’m wondering if they do have plans for Phillips at RT in a year. 

Agreed they’ll look for a project tackle and another DB. ILB too. I wouldn’t be surprised if they added another wr. I’d love Tylan Wallace! 

Yeah they’ll wait until early next week and then get a couple of those guys done after the deadline. Colts and Dolphins rumored the competition for Villanueva. 

Cleveland seems absolutely perfect in that he can just lean on guys and be massive most of the time. It’s not like we’re a big screen team that will need him in space for that. If he can pull effectively that’s just a big bonus. Offshoot of that is I’m wondering if they do have plans for Phillips at RT in a year. 

Agreed they’ll look for a project tackle and another DB. ILB too. I wouldn’t be surprised if they added another wr. I’d love Tylan Wallace! 
Let’s goooooooooo

Uruk-Hai said:
Can you shoot me tonight's winning lottery numbers? You're a savant, man.
Haha. Happy to see them get some of my guys. Let’s see if they amount to anything now! I loved Wade as a steal in the 5th too. And the trade adding a 4 next year was smart. Should have tons of ammo with the expected comp picks to get a few top 100 players next year. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Justin Houston signed pretty cheaply. That's a big get for Baltimore if he has anything at all left. They only need him for about 15-20 snaps a game. 

The WR & OL rotations are, to me, the most interesting things to watch in preseason. I read the other day that Bozeman had the yips at C. JFC, is there something in the water in Owings Mills that precludes having a good snapper?

The defense is pretty much set, other than who'll get the most snaps next to Queen at ILB.

Justin Houston signed pretty cheaply. That's a big get for Baltimore if he has anything at all left. They only need him for about 15-20 snaps a game. 

The WR & OL rotations are, to me, the most interesting things to watch in preseason. I read the other day that Bozeman had the yips at C. JFC, is there something in the water in Owings Mills that precludes having a good snapper?

The defense is pretty much set, other than who'll get the most snaps next to Queen at ILB.
Yup it’s exciting. The LBs and safeties will take some steps forward in coverage but otherwise the defense looks really good again. The offense is shaping up to be improved from last year too. Maybe even on the level of 2019. Seems Bateman has been getting good reviews too. Just gotta keep Lamar from licking toilet seats and getting Covid a 3rd time 

Yup it’s exciting. The LBs and safeties will take some steps forward in coverage but otherwise the defense looks really good again. The offense is shaping up to be improved from last year too. Maybe even on the level of 2019. Seems Bateman has been getting good reviews too. Just gotta keep Lamar from licking toilet seats and getting Covid a 3rd time 
I'm concerned about the math on how many WRs they keep. I read an article the other day that speculated on 7, but that was before the Houston signing. If it's 6, that means either Boykin or Proche goes (Watkins, Brown, Bateman, Wallace, Duvernay are givens). Boykins is a good blocker, but there's some kind of disconnect between he & Jackson. I like Proche a lot as a return guy and think he has some potential as an offensive piece - I dunno, maybe he & Duvernay are too much of the same thing.

Given good health and if Queen becomes more consistent, I think the defense will be among the best Baltimore has had under Harbaugh.

I'm with you on Jackson - dude, do what you have to to stop catching that ####; you, too, Gus. 

Users who are viewing this thread