What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (11 Viewers)

If you are looking to steal bases from Turtles.

The bases that use the most modern design principals well are:

Late TH9 designs to stop Laloon and monster gowoppy - A++++++ BASE WILL RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE

-11 - Doc hates this base but I love it. Wall pattern is solid and just needs to flip a WT in the core. Very close to perfect. Great TH9.5 base imo.

-15 - May need to tweak a few things but love the wall pattern

-16 - exposed TH is actually a great touch here. Gives more room for double big bomb locations. Considering exposing SUPERBASE Townhall when TH10 is reached.

Early TH9 designs that would work B++++A------- SOLID BUT NOT PERFECT

-20 - Very similar to scott's base which IMO is the 2nd best base we have right now after SUPERBASE - If 1 or 2 wiz towers are swapped with an exterior AT it's much better. I think what makes this and Scotts base work is you actually have connecting wiz towers. Get any loons in the middle there and the air gets let out.

-24 - really solid early TH9 base. It's symmetrical, but that's imo ok for early TH9 base design. Walls are typically a mix of purple and skull. the asym stuff really is only most effective at all skull and some lego core.
Let's get some screenshots before these bases disappear.... forever!

Late TH9 designs to stop Laloon and monster gowoppy - A++++++ BASE WILL RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE

-11 - Doc hates this base but I love it. Wall pattern is solid and just needs to flip a WT in the core. Very close to perfect. Great TH9.5 base imo.

-16 - exposed TH is actually a great touch here. Gives more room for double big bomb locations. Considering exposing SUPERBASE Townhall when TH10 is reached.

-20 - Very similar to scott's base which IMO is the 2nd best base we have right now after SUPERBASE - If 1 or 2 wiz towers are swapped with an exterior AT it's much better. I think what makes this and Scotts base work is you actually have connecting wiz towers. Get any loons in the middle there and the air gets let out.

-24 - really solid early TH9 base. It's symmetrical, but that's imo ok for early TH9 base design. Walls are typically a mix of purple and skull. the asym stuff really is only most effective at all skull and some lego core.
Ill screen shot it. However, looking at them, not sure why culdy is so high on them

I am not sure I prefer any of them over mine

Ill see if I can get this uploaded as soon as possible

This special arena sucks for me. I only have 2 guys at 3 star or higher so I can't participate in the higher level one. And I have five two-stars, so I can only go once before having to cool down..

Ill screen shot it. However, looking at them, not sure why culdy is so high on them

I am not sure I prefer any of them over mine

Ill see if I can get this uploaded as soon as possible
I like them because they have all the best practices

-Tough cc lures

-Tough tracking for loons

-Asymmetrical so hard for those that insist on still using gowipe

-Lots of dgb spots

Issues with your base

CC not centered

symmetrical

4x connected WT

This special arena sucks for me. I only have 2 guys at 3 star or higher so I can't participate in the higher level one. And I have five two-stars, so I can only go once before having to cool down..
:lol:

Do the quests, get the units, build the army :thumbup:

Culdy, pick one for me and Ill use it this war and we can see what it looks like. Im ready to scrap my other one any way

After seeing this in action there is no way I ever build an inferno tower, ever.
Just recording for posterity

NorvilleBarnes said:
Can ANYONE make a CoC video that is listenable? Seems like the only options are distractingly horrible music, self promotion, or semi-tarded speech patterns.
To this point, what program/app are you guys using to record video of your battles?

Net seems to like rec. (screen recorder), but there's something about root access that has guys smarter than me up in arms about it.

Ipad 2

Android 4.4.4
I recently discovered Bandicam and it's about as awesome as I need it to be. Very simple to use on computer with Bluestacks account. Don't have anything for phone/iPad.

Culdy, pick one for me and Ill use it this war and we can see what it looks like. Im ready to scrap my other one any way
Do 11 and move a WT in the core. This serves two purposes I can :pokeseye: doc and we get a test versus a decent but not super strong opponent. I didn't do a tower count on their 11 to see if he did the two new towers for his 9.5 or not. If so we can find places for them somewhere.

After seeing this in action there is no way I ever build an inferno tower, ever.
Just recording for posterity

NorvilleBarnes said:
Can ANYONE make a CoC video that is listenable? Seems like the only options are distractingly horrible music, self promotion, or semi-tarded speech patterns.
To this point, what program/app are you guys using to record video of your battles?

Net seems to like rec. (screen recorder), but there's something about root access that has guys smarter than me up in arms about it.

Ipad 2

Android 4.4.4
I recently discovered Bandicam and it's about as awesome as I need it to be. Very simple to use on computer with Bluestacks account. Don't have anything for phone/iPad.
If they change the matchmaking I'll add them. Until then infernos are entirely useless.

Do 11 and move a WT in the core. This serves two purposes I can :pokeseye: doc and we get a test versus a decent but not super strong opponent. I didn't do a tower count on their 11 to see if he did the two new towers for his 9.5 or not. If so we can find places for them somewhere.
I am going to work on it. But Im not sure because my walls suck compared

Plus, on first glance, CC is not centered

I am going to work on it. But Im not sure because my walls suck compared

Plus, on first glance, CC is not centered
Pull the cc two tiles to the center and put the WT on the other side of it. Put your strongest walls between your TH and your queen and in your interior separators, weakest walls on the side completely opposite your th.

based on headcount he did a 9.5 without adding the AT/CT use those outside the walls to stop a lure better.

Why you being all private and ####? Got the sexy pics of the wif up in there?
Can you not see it? The turtles pics, Ill PM you the wife pics
prompts for a yahoo login
I have a Yahoo acct and use Flickr quite a bit, here is the message you get:

This page is private.Oops! You don't have permission to view this page.

Here's a link back to your home page.

You need to make the pics public or viewable by all or some such nonsense. Checked PM :kicksrock:

Honda ran into a monster. In a 40-man war, we are down 111 to 102 and have no realistic shot at winning. The good news is that a couple months ago, we would have been 25+ stars behind and lamenting the lack of a honey pot.

Edit to add that only three more bases need a star, and we have a path to get those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well, I have it set to public already with no restrictions. Guess its not working. I can not get onto any sharing sites at school. Ill try from home later

Honda ran into a monster. In a 40-man war, we are down 111 to 102 and have no realistic shot at winning. The good news is that a couple months ago, we would have been 25+ stars behind and lamenting the lack of a honey pot.

Edit to add that only three more bases need a star, and we have a path to get those.
And I learned the value of spells. Hope you guys somehow pull it out despite that, 2nd lootless war of the year for me. :pickle:

And I learned the value of spells. Hope you guys somehow pull it out despite that, 2nd lootless war of the year for me. :pickle:

Honda ran into a monster. In a 40-man war, we are down 111 to 102 and have realistic shot at winning. The good news is that a couple months ago, we would have been 25+ stars behind and lamenting the lack of a honey pot.

Oh, we have zero chance to win.

Honda ran into a monster. In a 40-man war, we are down 111 to 102 and have realistic shot at winning. The good news is that a couple months ago, we would have been 25+ stars behind and lamenting the lack of a honey pot.

:Honda:

NorvilleBarnes said:

Ipad 2

Android 4.4.4
I can't speak about Ipad, but if your Android version is between 4.4 and 5 you have to have root access to use any of the recording apps. You need 5.0+ to do it without root.

You can record without rooting your device by connecting it to your computer and using the Android SDK. This involves using the command line though, so it's not for everyone.

As mentioned, using Bluestacks and recording from there is another option.

:Honda:
Err.. double post for double lootless war :whistle:

You should see the beast that Quattro got paired up with :kicksrock:

Calling dibs on 16. Really like it. Very deceptive.

No one is answering the door. :shrug:

No one is answering the door. :shrug:
Answered.

Best of luck with all that.

Greetings from San Juan.

Get into a cab at the port and our cab driver is clanning it up,

Can't make this stuff up.

Can't escape it.
Pull into the hotel and the driver says "I bet you one dollar the valet asks me to join his clan."

Sure enough it happens. Good laugh had by all

An epidemic this clash stuff

Greetings from San Juan.

Can't escape it.
How's his base. Have him join fbgs brah
LOLWe can't do better than cab drivers from San Juan?
What level are his hounds?
L2 Hounds

Complained about healers being dumber than dragons and why they would follow his 2 archers and not heal his pack of Giants.

The look on my wife's face during this entire conversation = priceless.

Acer - tower moves

pickup the hut and spring and bomb next to queen - put the cannon there - aa to where cannon was - mortar to where aa was

you are missing a wall piece at the corner of the WT pull one in from the AT/AA pair to make that compartment closed

xbows are down.

pickup DGB and slide cc dead center make the spot between cannon and AT a DGB spot

xbow in that WT compartment you just got a full enclosure and pull AA where Xbow was

Put one of your brand new towers in the gap left behind.

teslas go where the huts are on the west. huts just go off in the weeds.

Greetings from San Juan.

Can't escape it.
How's his base. Have him join fbgs brah
LOLWe can't do better than cab drivers from San Juan?
What level are his hounds?
L2 HoundsComplained about healers being dumber than dragons and why they would follow his 2 archers and not heal his pack of Giants.

The look on my wife's face during this entire conversation = priceless.
Oh man I'm rolling reading this. Good stuff.

Now go enjoy the nice beaches and have a few drinks for me.

Best of luck with all that.
:lmao:

Yeah, Quattro up against a clan of asian cyborgs, it's not going to be pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread