What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (6 Viewers)

Hi, are there any openings in your clan? I used to post here a while back as Lionsfan11 but I lost the password and made this new account. I usually just read FF news in the Shark Pool but stumbled across this thread and thought I’d ask. I have two COC accounts that are looking for a new clan as my current one is full of lower level people and in flux. My main account is relatively new to TH9 and can take out any TH8 no problem with max balloons but I’m struggling to learn how to attack other TH9’s. I’m active, watch some youtube videos and am coachable though. For the second account, I usually just empty collectors and only raid during gem boost or other boost periods. My main purpose for this account is war. Here’s my 2 accounts:

Main Account: TH9 that came in as a max TH8 about 1.5 months ago

- all new defenses and walls upgraded to max TH8 (last Tesla upgrade in progress)

- only non-lab elixir upgrades remaining are 1 barrack, 1 DE storage, 4 DE drills (2 drills in progress)

- BK10 and AQ6

- both L1 x-bows built (no desire to upgrade them until end of TH9)

- lab upgrades so far are max balloons, max hogs, L6 giants. L2 lava hound in progress

Back-up Account: TH8 that was a max TH7 about 1 month ago

- no upgrades made to TH8 level

- all gold has been dumped into new walls and clan castle upgrade

- all elixir has gone into DE drills and lab

- lab upgrades so far are L3 dragons, L3 minions with L5 archers in progress

- not sure if I’m going to upgrade defenses with this account anymore

- should rate as a max TH7 for war
Zomghi2u

Can't do any worse than me this war. Jesus.
yes, yes I think I can

Hogs are not my thing. If I dont have a lava on my plus 5, Im switching with someone. Play to my only strength and I say that in the loosest way possible
I think you're getting it with hogs, that last attack was good but the CC wrecked your kill squad.Then the CC wrecked your king and didn't leave him enough health to finish the Queen off.If the queen dies, that was 3 imo. First time I've seen a kill squad just blew up like that.

Two funny issues with my attacks

wanted to get two in before work today

So went to cleanup a pretty easy hound base. Heroes went in and wrecked the queen cc and a anti air and a bunch more stuff. I thought the play would be to release to the other 3 aa individually. well, this led to two of my hounds living to the end. Not enough left to cleanup. 2 hounds and probably 12 skulls don't get it done if the skulls stay together. 2 stars all defense down with 1:30 to go.

So i hit my +5 (actually swap with tam) their top th9. get the cc out and pull it over kill it and go in for the queen with a golem and some normal stuff. that all works. King even takes a walk which was actually fine. hogs get all the defenses down but I only had two live hogs at about 1:30 and my cleanup crew couldn't get in the core. 95% 1 star.

Culd and BB

My base held nicely to a 3 golem, 20 wiz, 6 witch attack (all max)

add in 6 level 6 archers, 8 level 5 wall bombers and 13 King and 11 Queen

It was nice

1 zap, 2 heals, 1 rage and 1 jump

FBGS has some openings. Come on over

I think you may be Culdeus' dream

Ok thanks. I'll jump over after work today. Main account is Lowmax11 and back-up is Guam H. Ten Times - built the x-bows to protect dark elixir, both level 1.

Just put FFA in the request

Can't do any worse than me this war. Jesus.
yes, yes I think I canHogs are not my thing. If I dont have a lava on my plus 5, Im switching with someone. Play to my only strength and I say that in the loosest way possible
I think you're getting it with hogs, that last attack was good but the CC wrecked your kill squad.Then the CC wrecked your king and didn't leave him enough health to finish the Queen off.If the queen dies, that was 3 imo. First time I've seen a kill squad just blew up like that.
I've had it happen to me when a valk is in the mix. For me, I thought the problem was I let her get too close. I will have to rewatch if thats what happened here too. She is faster than everyone so she gets there and wipes out all skellies leaving the wiz n witch vulnerable.

Valks really can torch a 212. Then if you just ignore them they go and mess with your heroes. A skull/valk combo is also annoying.

I'm pretty much out for the rest of the day. this other clan has shown no ability to 3 star much of anything. Just focus on getting 2 over 20 and 3 under 20 and should take this going away. Probably won't max xp but so it goes.

In case anyone was wondering, Rascal did not die last night and has the use of both right and left arm. More importantly, he'll be able to get his attacks in for the war.

Happy Friday people!!

Valks are awesome. Defense, offense, they really aren't bad. Worth upgrading imo. I've been war attacking with them for about a month straight now (just trying to get to know them :wub: )

Hogs are the better upgrade and probably better for war, but I'm stuck on Valks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lionsfan011 said:
AcerFC said:

Ok thanks. I'll jump over after work today. Main account is Lowmax11 and back-up is Guam H. Ten Times - built the x-bows to protect dark elixir, both level 1.

Did we send this guy the welcome gift basket yet?

Lionsfan011 said:
AcerFC said:

Did we send this guy the welcome gift basket yet?
Edible Arrangement en route (the fruit is shaped like different attackers)

I've been running the 8 lvl3 Pekka with 3 max rage attack at the end of TH8 to get gold and DE..... Not bad. You can truck some people so long as they don't have flying objects in the CC.

I'm all set to join but can't find fbgs in search. Guessing my trophy count is too low. One account is at 1450 and the other about 850. Any help?

Any thoughts to Quattro raising our trophy limit for guys trying to get in or something? I've been barely active the last few weeks so have no idea if it's been discussed, but the few times I'm on a day it seems like there have been a ton of randoms looking to join.

Any thoughts to Quattro raising our trophy limit for guys trying to get in or something? I've been barely active the last few weeks so have no idea if it's been discussed, but the few times I'm on a day it seems like there have been a ton of randoms looking to join.
Either that or change it to "Closed"

Yeah, it should be raised. 0 is a little low.

Here's a video of my attack on the base Tsunami. I found some gohowiwi attacks against it but didn't find any air attacks. Its at least the second time FBGS have come across this base so grabbed the video in case one of the other ones come up against it as well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bWb5MMRCoNI

Was going to grab some more videos but it appears my computer isn't up to snuff to run Andy (Couldn't get bluestacks to work) and a screen recorder at the same time without a bit of lag. With that said, if you come across Tsunami you can use this plan. I think it'd work to up xbows as well.

But hitting "Reject" while shouting "No Quattro for you!" is so much fun.

So Honda lost. But, three of us, myself included, are going, or just pushed the button, to do 8.5. That's right.

No Xbows, only fourth ad for new defenses, walls, and lots of offense.

So Honda lost. But, three of us, myself included, are going, or just pushed the button, to do 8.5. That's right.

After seeing FBGs opponent a couple of wars ago, I'm hitting the button to head for 9.5 on Monday.

golems are a pretty poor use of DE. Just get a max golem for your cc. There is really no reason to use more than one golem until you hit th10 for war or farming.

Somewhat of a milestone. First time ever the lowest base for fbgs opponent is a max th8. Usually they have at least one straggler or two.

Good luck. Gonna take a lot of discipline not to upgrade when you're getting 3 starred by attacks you know you could have stopped. The focus on offense will be fun though.

Users who are viewing this thread