What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (7 Viewers)

Alright keep leaving the gap on their weaker th10 and firing at their top th10.

Probably end up how I called it 3 months earlier that our th10 should just wipe their th9 on first attack. 3 weeks later we did it and we started winning 90% of wars.

Kind of how I just predicted this war result by saying to punt the top 4. Got ignored and we failed miserablly on their th10 cause we were trying to kill their top bases.

I'll just fall in line and attack my base.
Our issue now is that the matchmaking system seems, at least on the surface to try and match the TH count +/-3 and it's counting the TH9.5 like they are actual TH10s. We are getting by and large weakish th10s in the low end and the top end of the th10 are varying from uber to meh.

Did I miss a post or just drunk? Lol.

Anyway I'm not talking about base number culd. Talking th wise. If we can't adjust war to war on who to hit we will lose 90% time we come up against a good clan.

Check the thread, check the clain mail.

Idk just seems basic to me. Our strategy is always laid out by one of those.

Probably end up how I called it 3 months earlier that our th10 should just wipe their th9 on first attack. 3 weeks later we did it and we started winning 90% of wars.

Kind of how I just predicted this war result by saying to punt the top 4. Got ignored and we failed miserablly on their th10 cause we were trying to kill their top bases.

Where is the gap? Did you look?
This last war? Base 13-16. no team was assigned to them. Which is all I've been saying. The gap should have been 1-4 and not 13-16.

Did I miss a post or just drunk? Lol.

Anyway I'm not talking about base number culd. Talking th wise. If we can't adjust war to war on who to hit we will lose 90% time we come up against a good clan.

Check the thread, check the clain mail.

Idk just seems basic to me. Our strategy is always laid out by one of those.
Well I laid the teams out to put a group in that can swing both ways (hey now) and a group that likely will never see TH10, and groups that would always see TH10. One of the subtle things about the TH10 is people have such a huge variety of tower levels that you can't just roll in. Most TH9 down to about base 28 are maxed now so it's not like you go in and see some edge.

This last war? Base 13-16. no team was assigned to them. Which is all I've been saying. The gap should have been 1-4 and not 13-16.
See 17253

See 17253
On mobile don't know what post you're referring to. All I know is the teams you broke out left a gap between base 13-16.

This all started by saying base 13-16 shouldn't be a gap and base 1-4 (in our last war) should have been the gap. If we were able to work our way there by 2 starring the th10 then great.

If not, we could send low guys with hounds to snipe it.

That's all. It's a simple, elementary change to your team idea. Yet you are thinking too hard.

See 17253
On mobile don't know what post you're referring to. All I know is the teams you broke out left a gap between base 13-16. This all started by saying base 13-16 shouldn't be a gap and base 1-4 (in our last war) should have been the gap. If we were able to work our way there by 2 starring the th10 then great.

That's all. It's a simple, elementary change to your team idea. Yet you are thinking too hard.
Yeah ignore me im drunk, the wings won. But I give my proxy to smn

See 17253
On mobile don't know what post you're referring to. All I know is the teams you broke out left a gap between base 13-16. This all started by saying base 13-16 shouldn't be a gap and base 1-4 (in our last war) should have been the gap. If we were able to work our way there by 2 starring the th10 then great.

would appreciate a plan formally written out. I feel like I've tried to incorporate your ideas in the revision above. If this isn't the case I'm lost.

Maybe it was just the base numbers referring to that war that got me.

Think I got the changes in a general sense now.

Basically just ignore top th10 bases til we take care of business on bottom th10.

That's what I've been saying anyway

Yes the 5.1 plan takes into account. I think the other thing needed on there is TH8 should not waste attacks on other TH8s unless they have less than max air D.

If we push everyone down 5 slots from where they are and say the following

Hit TH8 only if you can hold a hound in your cc or it's a super easy TH8. (Total anti air level must be less than 15)

Hit TH9 only if you can build L2 hounds

If you don't fall into one of those two categories hit bases 1-5 only.
I know it's easier to attack via air, but it's possible to 3-star TH8s and TH9s and snipe TH10s on the ground.

Just to add a few cents

You really have to look at who is attacking

SMN could do more with 180 troops than I can with 240. We have some high level TH 10 guys who cant attack in war, just like me

We should be focusing on going low to try to get three. Just because I have the troops and can, doesnt mean I am effective

Then we have guys who we know we can count on. SMN, VA, Tam, Doc, Culd

Break guys into ability level, not number. I am sure that I am not the only honest one here
I'm with you Acer. Waiting for the day when ground/hogs come back into favor.-

Just to add a few cents

SMN could do more with 180 troops than I can with 240. We have some high level TH 10 guys who cant attack in war, just like me

We should be focusing on going low to try to get three. Just because I have the troops and can, doesnt mean I am effective

Break guys into ability level, not number. I am sure that I am not the only honest one here
The majority of TH8s and many TH9s currently can be 3-starred by hogs.

Just to add a few cents

The majority of TH8s and many TH9s currently can be 3-starred by hogs.
Agreed. But I haven't hit a th8 in 8 months or more, and TH9 is a rare sight in war.

We are basically to the point where we see between

12-15 th10

20-25 th9

0-3 th8

Of the th9 half are at or near max

[SIZE=22pt]FBGS War Strategery v5.105[/SIZE]

Current Situation: TH9 are now TH8, we can 3 star them with ease. TH10 are an issue and we need to have the right people in the right spots to succeed. To accomplish this while we have nearly all our members in some state of transition people will be grouped into teams.

The 1985 Bears - Doc, CJay, Jrk, Ron

Assigned bases and goal – 5, 6, 7, 8

The 1999 St. Louis Rams - VA, Jason, fudd

Assigned bases and goal – 9,10,11,12

The 1992 Dallas Cowboys – Aiden, SML, channing

The 1989 San Fransico 49ers – SMN, Shammy, culdeus, Scott

17, 18, 18, 20, 21, 22

The 1993 Buffalo Bills – Tam, Zub, tam, Acer

23, 24, 25

The remainder of players attack +8 down to the last base. If you are 32-40 attack 1-5 or any TH10, else wait to cleanup any failed 3 star attempt on a TH9 or TH8.

Work within your teams to figure out who wants what base. Stay in your range until you get your goal.
Made some other edits.

I'll call the FCFS bases each war. This time we actaully have 4 of them This war loooks super easy so will be a good test of our ability to max out TH9 and below.

Last edited by a moderator:
TH10 in 40 hours. Do I have this right? Not building defense, going 9.5 for the time being.

- Spell factory (3.2m)

- Research lab (LVL 3 hogs immediately upon completion) (4.0m)

- Camps x 4

- DE drill at some point

Also did I see somewhere in this thread that building new defense but keeping them at level 1 doesn't impact war match-making? Or am I making that up?

TH10 in 40 hours. Do I have this right? Not building defense, going 9.5 for the time being.

- Spell factory (3.2m)

- Camps x 4

- DE drill at some point

Also did I see somewhere in this thread that building new defense but keeping them at level 1 doesn't impact war match-making? Or am I making that up?
Clan castle Upgrade for your 7m gold. And building the new defenses does affect you. Shoot me now just a few people by building the Cannon and Archer tower.

- Spell factory (3.2m)

- Camps x 4

- DE drill at some point

most guides have DE drill as a day 1 item. Just to level 1 though. It's cheap. Something like 1.25 mil, can't really remember for sure but it's low enough that you should be able to do lab/spell/de on day 1 coming in with max stores and some war loot.

Ok, someone else on reddit is taking data on clan war base rankings.

They are doing something interesting I thoght. They are scaling people by the amount of gold/elixer in the storages as a method to reverse engineer the program.

I took a look at ours and saw that Tam is only 2000 behind me and I'm about 12000 behind doc and jrk.

You have to actually be in a war to see the values, may breakdown our top 20 a little when this kicks off.

- Spell factory (3.2m)

- Camps x 4

- DE drill at some point

Clan castle Upgrade for your 7m gold. And building the new defenses does affect you. Shoot me now just a few people by building the Cannon and Archer tower.
Jesus somehow totally forgot about the clan castle. I've been dumping my gold into walls. I'll start saving it up now, thanks for the reminder.

- Spell factory (3.2m)

- Camps x 4

- DE drill at some point

most guides have DE drill as a day 1 item. Just to level 1 though. It's cheap. Something like 1.25 mil, can't really remember for sure but it's low enough that you should be able to do lab/spell/de on day 1 coming in with max stores and some war loot.
Good call. Storage is just about full, and I'm expecting the CC to be half full. I'll pop out the first DE because I wont be anywhere close to having enough for a camp after the spell factory/research lab goes.

Ok so doc made a pro tip yesterday he says you need to pack wbs for queen routing on a TH10 2 star. However, it appears you only need 1 wb. queen will prefferentially target any damaged wall first, then the weakest wall second within reason.

queens aren't the only ones that use this (damaged first) approach. Several other units have this baked in their AI

BTW expect a LOT of valk/healer/fur raids from me the next 3 weeks if we have things wrapped up. Your patience is appreciated.

Those that want to be part of history we make 99 with this farming war.

Re roll about 5pm est tomorrow but can wait for anyone that wants in.

All are welcome.

Ladies and Gents

My 2nd single from my CoC Upcoming Album

"While My BK Gentle Sleeps"

NOTE: Very tough to play and remember the lyrics I came up with at the same time here. Sorry it's not 5 stars musically. Also live in a townhome built in the 60s with thin walls. Have to keep my voice register higher to not be so loud. I don't want my neighbors hearing me sing this ####.

Hoping to put something together on the guitar for the next one.

:whitecorner:

aq will be awake for the 100th win this will be do or die

unless we match with another farmer

I kind of want a hard fought 100th victory though

:coffee:

I'm gonna look at the mix vortex is throwing down.

mix is too odd. They are all th9+ now. Don't think we'd match.

Here is a very long post copied from Reddit. I cannot agree with this more. I really wish I'd see more of our laloon raids leading with a golem and kill squad. I'm to the point where I do this in farming as well as raiding. 1 golem + heroes and 4 wiz and either a jump or some wbs can easily outperform their camp slots and just gouges the base.

--------------------------------------

Laloon isn't as easy as a lot of people think. I couldn't tell by your post, but if you're going for a 3 star, never bring minions unless its only a couple for clean-up purposes. Lavaloonian, is a 2 star comp, laloon, is the 3-star comp. On anti-air bases, timing is incredibly important because normally the air defenses and wizard towers will be positioned that loons take a really long to get to them. If you just yolo drop like most people do in matchmaking, you'll most likely get your loons clumped and they'll move away from the ADs. In war, good attackers will drop their loons in pairs on specific defenses that open up pathing, aka surgical attacking. This is important because on anti-air bases the first pair of loons will path away from the AD, but the second pair dropped several seconds later should ideally path toward the AD. Here'san example. If you dropped loons from the southeast in a line, none of them would go to the AD. If you wait for the southern AT/mortar to die, you might be able to get loons to path toward the AD, but they won't unless you killed the cannon/AT to the NE and even then loons could still path to the WT towards the NE. No matter what angle you approach that AD from, it's a huge pain in the ### to take down. Even if the attacker decided to use a golem and heros to get that AD/AQ/CC, it's not easy. The attacker would have to prevent his wallbreakers from dying to the single bombs and then deal with 3 teslas, a cannon, an AT, an xbow, the BK, CC, skellies, AQ, storages before getting his AQ to snipe the AD.

It's extremely hard to penta/quad laloon a base like the one above because the pathing keeps the ADs and WTs alive longer. It's difficult to kill 5 hounds quickly, so the better way you can stop laloon is by killing the 'loon' portion of the raid. This is basically done by separating the hounds from the loons and letting WTs/teslas/ITs/ and air bombs pick away at the loons while the hounds fly away. A lot of people don't understand the importance of wizard towers. Even if they don't overlap the ADs if they can be targeted with the initial loon drop, they're essentially useless because they'll maybe take half the health from 2 loons. Usually you see laloon fail because of the clutch wizard towers and teslas left standing that couldn't be taken down. Personally, I believe there are a few TH 9 bases that are damn near impossible to penta or quad laloon because they have extremely good pathing, well positioned WTs/teslas/AQ.

I also strongly believe penta/quad laloon involves an element of luck, which makes it less reliable and is the reason why I no longer use it on strong TH 9s. You never know how quickly your pups will aggro onto the enemy AQ or how quickly they'll kill the cc wizards. If they fail or take awhile, your raid can come to a halt very quickly. A lot of laloon raids literally come down to fractions of a second, which is why timing is incredibly important. I've seen some raids that look like domination, but in fact the attacker was able to get a stray loon on an AD that otherwise would have been untouched. Even though he may have 3'ed with 10 loons left, if that one loon didn't happen to stray off because the tesla pop stunned it enough to skew it's pathing, the AD would have lived and it would have been an 80% 1 star. We've all seen some attacks come down to 1 or 2 loons vs 1 archer tower, sometimes the archer tower wins and sometimes the loon, but either way it literally comes down to the fractions of a second it takes for the bomb drop to hit the ground.

If you have both heros, I would resort to golaloon as a means of attacking. Golaloon is much more versatile and can be used on any base, the only thing that differs is the number of golems and spells. Golaloon is much more powerful for a few reasons. First, it eliminates the CC/AQ/AD or 2AD if done properly. More importantly, it can make pathing much easier to get to the remaining ADs, which otherwise would have been much tougher in a penta laloon attack. It also can eliminate some air mines and bombs. It takes the 'luck' element out of the loon portion because you're killing the AQ and CC beforehand so you don't have to worry about pups killing them. However you do have to get some good fortune and hope your AQ doesn't shoot everything but the AD.

Symmetrical bases are not too hard to laloon because the pathing is identical on each side unless the defender positions his teslas differently on each half. When scouting the base really think about how the loons will path. Will they get to an AD quickly, what about the wiz towers? If they reach the AD on the second defense they attack, then it'll go down quick. If the AD's will die fast, take 4 hounds an extra loons, otherwise take 5. Generally it's good to get the AD down fast, but if you get your hounds way to far ahead of your loons, you'll have nothing to tank for your them if the the AD are really spread. This is an example of a difficult base to laloon. Even though it's easy to get to the AD, they'll go down quickly and then the hounds will fly far away leaving the loons behind with nothing to tank for them. The other issue with a base like this is that few pups will spawn over the AQ since the ADs are really spread. Take into consideration the AQ and her position when thinking about doing a laloon attack. You need to be able to rage pups over her to take her out. In Moskri's base the AQ doesn't cover any AD so she likely wont aggro onto a hound for too long and instead she'll run back to her altar and shoot loons in the core. For your laloon attack to go well, you have to think about how quickly you can get the ADs and wiz towers down. For this reason you should drop your loons surgically so they can cover more defenses and not clump up as much. On symmetrical bases you can drop loons in a line and often get away with it, but as you start dealing with harder and harder bases, dropping loons in pairs is essential to ensure your loons to path to the ADs and WTs as efficiently as possible.

Hope this helps.

That never worked for me. Cant get the timing down. Heroes always walked
I think it's actually a lot easier now with 35cc slots. I do golem wiz arch. The golem runs off but the wizarch start the funnel really fast.

Here's my deploy on 95% of my war attacks

CC down

wait to see where extra cc goes

4 wiz funnel for heroes

WB or jump

does queen see me yet? Yes-drop king, no drop queen.

Wait for queen to pick me up, drop king

The key to keeping heroes from walking is making sure you funnel, plus you have already gotten attention from the queen and/or cc.

It's been roughly 100% reliable for me on TH9. Most of my fails on TH9 are when I can't get the AA down from the kill team.

At the moment, and this goes against my ethos I'm inclined to sit theoneandonly and guam for win 100 assuming we don't get anyone else in.

Theone donated a total of 0 troops in 2 weeks. He's funny, but he's a random that conned his way in. Guam is sort of filler anyways.

Seconded?

That never worked for me. Cant get the timing down. Heroes always walked
Key for this... Golem down...wizards on the outside buildings first..then wizards on center building then heros. Hero's lock on to center building, but once it's down the outside building is also down so they go forward into the base.

When you wait too long to get hero's down is when they wander.

Do we have thoughts/ a guide on knowing when a base is best attacked by a Holowiwi? Does it start with ADs being too far in to give much cover to perimeter cannons/ATs?

Trying to add a couple more th9 attack plans for non-lavaloon bases. Thinking holowiwi and hog rush should pretty well round it out, and eventually something gowi** but not for a while.

Lavaloon on most TH9S

Holowiwi if ADs are too central

Hogs if it doesn't look like it's going to happen through the air

3 stars every time! :boxing:

At the moment, and this goes against my ethos I'm inclined to sit theoneandonly and guam for win 100 assuming we don't get anyone else in.

Theone donated a total of 0 troops in 2 weeks. He's funny, but he's a random that conned his way in. Guam is sort of filler anyways.

Seconded?
Seconded

Users who are viewing this thread