What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (9 Viewers)

I guess Richards and Long could play fullback if needed (if Dest is out, there's no real cover at LB).

And yeah...Yueill will scare nobody- not even the region minnows. Decent player and all, but...
Personally I would drop one of the three strikers and add one more FB but that is quibbling I guess.  There are always going to be a million variations on the last 3-4 roster spots.

No comments about Jozy and Caillou absences.

Not surprising to any of us, I'm sure.

That said- I watched one of those TFC CL games vs a high pressing Mex team, and Caillou looked solid. His step is still forever gone, but he reads the game so well and distributes the ball so well. 

Also saw that Efrain Alvarez was called up for El Tri for this. He's gonna get cap tied in one of these games...so be it?

Also saw that Efrain Alvarez was called up for El Tri for this. He's gonna get cap tied in one of these games...so be it?
He is on the provisional roster for Mexico which was 40 players.  No word yet on whether he will make the cut or not for Nations League.

I know Tata likely wants to cap tie him but I am unsure he is a top 23 player for Mexico yet.

Pulisic's first step with the ball has to be near tippity top of the world right now.  He turns players constantly and just leaves them in quick sand, which is why he draws so many fouls.   
My frustration watching him, and Saturday against Man City was a good example of this, is that when he gets players turned and gets into really dangerous spots, so often he is cynically fouled.  So when looking at the game in hindsight and remembering the times he was dispossessed or had a clumsy touch, it's very easy to forget the 3 or 4 times where it looked like he was going to create a real chance only to end up on the ground.

Also, I picked up FIFA 21 and am trying to lead Northampton to the EPL in career mode.  I have bought Gioacchini and Aaronson in my quest to accumulate largely USMNT players.  Have to wait for the Dike situation to play out before I can try to buy him.  I have no idea when I'll be able to afford the big guns like Adams.

My frustration watching him, and Saturday against Man City was a good example of this, is that when he gets players turned and gets into really dangerous spots, so often he is cynically fouled.  So when looking at the game in hindsight and remembering the times he was dispossessed or had a clumsy touch, it's very easy to forget the 3 or 4 times where it looked like he was going to create a real chance only to end up on the ground.
What's even more frustrating about that is how often he's not rewarded with a card.  My mind goes back to the Porto game where he was fouled 11 times and they only gave Porto a card on 2 of those fouls.  All 11 stopped attacks for Chelsea and Porto had no right to finish that game with 11 men given their cynical fouling, but Pulisic just doesn't seem to get opponents carded at the same rate as other superstars would which is so frustrating as a USMNT fan watching our guy in the EPL.

Is the foul "cynical" if he's in a dangerous position, or does that make it by definition a "professional" foul?

In any event, as painful and frustrating as it is to see at times, I think its a complement to the player.  One thing all great attacking players share is they are mercilessly hacked to bits.

What's even more frustrating about that is how often he's not rewarded with a card.  My mind goes back to the Porto game where he was fouled 11 times and they only gave Porto a card on 2 of those fouls.  All 11 stopped attacks for Chelsea and Porto had no right to finish that game with 11 men given their cynical fouling, but Pulisic just doesn't seem to get opponents carded at the same rate as other superstars would which is so frustrating as a USMNT fan watching our guy in the EPL.
Im sure I'm totally wrong, but I thought he drew 4 or 5 yellows in that game? Or was that RM or a different game? 

It's frustrating, and it would be great if it was more- but I feel like he does get a lot of players put in the book...a really useful quality that puts pressure on opposing teams who can't risk the second.

It's frustrating, and it would be great if it was more- but I feel like he does get a lot of players put in the book...a really useful quality that puts pressure on opposing teams who can't risk the second.
This is going to be hugely important for Qualifiers.  If the butchers sense the Concacaf refs are not going to give yellows easily, it is going to be open season on Pulisic and Dest as our prime dribblers.  Gio will get hacked too but it seems like his body can better ride those nasty challenges.

Is the foul "cynical" if he's in a dangerous position, or does that make it by definition a "professional" foul?

In any event, as painful and frustrating as it is to see at times, I think its a complement to the player.  One thing all great attacking players share is they are mercilessly hacked to bits.
That's a valid point, although I suppose in the end it's in the eye of the beholder as to how much of a legitimate play on the ball was made - just as one man's "dive" could be another man's "drawing the referee's attention" to a foul. 

I also agree with other people's concerns that he may get much less protection from Concacaf refs than he does in Europe.

Children's Mercy Park in KC announced today they will be at full capacity starting May 29.

Might be a candidate for hosting a US game during Gold Cup. They are already slated to hold some matches, but I'm guessing this was partly done to be available for a US match.

So the Twitterati is inferring from the Atlanta Atlantic article that the Boca-Tata relationship was so bad that it killed any chance Tata had of managing the USMNT.  

Last time they went with this front 3 was Crystal Palace correct?
I don't recall when, but I know we've seen it before. Lately it seems Werner is carved in stone on the teamsheet, but Tuchel has to work some rotation in with the crazy schedule they have to close out the season.

Anyone got a good way to watch the match?  It is on Peacock and I don’t want to subscribe to yet another service.  Already subscribe to Paramount Plus for other Chelsea matches 

I take it he's at an MLS academy?
Already graduated from LA Galaxy's academy and is on the Los Dos team in USL this season getting his first taste of adult pro soccer.

This will be an important season for him to see if he can handle the physical aide of the game because he is extremely small at only 5'1" and 125 pounds as of his signing last year.

Already graduated from LA Galaxy's academy and is on the Los Dos team in USL this season getting his first taste of adult pro soccer.

This will be an important season for him to see if he can handle the physical aide of the game because he is extremely small at only 5'1" and 125 pounds as of his signing last year.
Time to get him on those "Messi pills".

• Laughing
Reactions: Ned

Users who are viewing this thread