What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley (8 Viewers)

Here's the asking price for Gurley in one of my Dynasty leagues for those seeing what people are doing.

I've been talking to the Gurley owner in my dynasty about another player and as a joke I said I'll give you Jeremy Hill/Gio Bernard/2nd for Gurley. He said no as expected then I got the itch and really wanted him. I proposed all these offers which all were declined. I thought a couple of these was such overpayment that although he hated the idea of dealing Gurley he wouldn't be able to say no but he did which is fine by me.

DeMarco/Demaryius/1st rd pick/TWO 2nd Rd Picks for Gurley/NYG/Crosby

Arian/DeMarco/Demaryius/1st rd pick/TWO 2nd Rd Picks for Gurley/NYG/Crosby

DeMarco/Martavis/1st Rd Pick/2nd Rd Pick for Gurley/NYG

DeMarco/Martavis/Demaryius/2nd Rd Pick for Gurley/NYG/Jordan Reed
I like DT as much as anybody. Aint happening. I don't want to beat up the rest of your offers, but DT is top 10-15 player at this point in dynasty. His QB is no good right now, and it may get worse. IMO Gurley is the #1 fantasy player. If you were to offer Bell or Freeman, well that's another story. I think Beckham could be intriguing to somebody that prefers WRs. Although I think its Beckham + a first at this point.

Redraft question: what do you think Gurley's ADP will be next year?

Of course, so much depends on how this season ends, injuries and whatnot, but right now, I have to think that Gurley will be a top 5 pick next year.

Of course, so much depends on how this season ends, injuries and whatnot, but right now, I have to think that Gurley will be a top 5 pick next year.
Top 3 for me and it could end up being a coin flip between him and Bell at No. 1 depending on whether Gurley has a quality role in the passing game. If he does then I think the debate between him and Bell will get real interesting.

Ghost Rider said:

Top 5 is looking like the worst case scenario. If he keeps up close to this pace likely top 2.

spider321 said:
comfortably numb said:
I offered Gurley for

Dez

Julio

AJ Green

ODB

Was declined all 4 times
The other owners saved you from yourself.
FWIW

This is a 16 team dynasty league

must start 3WR

and RB is start 2 or 1 with 2TE

.5PPR for RB and 1PPR for WR
You should say thank you by sending each of them a cheese gift basket or maybe an edible arrangement.

Last edited by a moderator:
spider321 said:
comfortably numb said:
I offered Gurley for

Dez

Julio

AJ Green

ODB

Was declined all 4 times
FWIW

must start 3WR

You should say thank you by sending each of them a cheese gift basket or maybe an edible arrangement.
Lol...I'm gonna keep trying

spider321 said:
comfortably numb said:
I offered Gurley for

Dez

Julio

AJ Green

ODB

Was declined all 4 times
FWIW

must start 3WR

Lol...I'm gonna keep trying
Smh.

It's your funeral. Knock yourself out!

Boom. 71 yd TD run.

He's a monster.
Reminiscent of Jim Brown, Dickerson and Peterson.

Big, thick, powerful backs with elite speed/athleticism that ran away from smaller defenders in the open field with rare angle-destroying jets.

No matter how good many thought he was, production is the ultimate acid test, and he keeps proving it and separating himself on a regular basis every week. He might already be the best RB in the league (looks like Bell went down and grabbed his knee, hope he is OK). As good as Cooper is, he is running away with the Rookie of the Year if he sustains the torrid, incendiary first four game pace.

He hasn't played long, but at this rate, he probably deserves to be in the top 10 in the 2016 iteration of NFLs Top 100 Players. He is special, with the elite talent to carry the Rams on his shoulders and almost singlehandedly (they also have a potentially great defense) elevate the beleaguered and chronically inept franchise into the playoffs for the first time in a decade plus.

* Still just the first half. :)

As predicted, his speed should increase as he rounds into form. RBs aren't supposed to be that fast for their size, and no matter how it looks on the film, it is always shocking to defenders live and on the field, very hard to simulate and prepare for a dude like Gurley in practice, putting them at a fundamental, inherent disadvantage.

spider321 said:
comfortably numb said:
I offered Gurley for

Dez

Julio

AJ Green

ODB

Was declined all 4 times
Offering to give up Gurley so cheap, doesn't deserve him in the first place.

Tex

spider321 said:
comfortably numb said:
I offered Gurley for

Dez

Julio

AJ Green

ODB

Was declined all 4 times

Tex
Having the best player at the most shallow position is so overrated, Tex.

I mean, really, how many young, stud, bellcow backs are there these days? 2? 1 now that Bell is likely out?

What you REALLY need is a stud WR because there are 10-15 of those.

Get with the times, man!

spider321 said:
comfortably numb said:
I offered Gurley for

Dez

Julio

AJ Green

ODB

Was declined all 4 times

Tex

I mean, really, how many young, stud, bellcow backs are there these days? 2? 1 now that Bell is likely out?

Get with the times, man!
i'd rather have gurley too. :thumbup:

spider321 said:
comfortably numb said:
I offered Gurley for

Dez

Julio

AJ Green

ODB

Was declined all 4 times

Tex

Get with the times, man!
After watching Gurley over again on that long TD run looking like he was shot out of a 50 cal., I'm a little emotional.

Tex

Nick WagonerESPN Staff Writer

wagoner_nick_m.jpg

Rams RB Todd Gurley gained 12 yards on his first two carries of the second half to set a new record for most rushing yards by a back in his first four NFL starts since the merger, per ESPN Stats and Information. He now has 13 carries for 113 yards on the day with nearly two full quarters left to go.

Nick WagonerESPN Staff Writer

wagoner_nick_m.jpg

Rams RB Todd Gurley gained 12 yards on his first two carries of the second half to set a new record for most rushing yards by a back in his first four NFL starts since the merger, per ESPN Stats and Information. He now has 13 carries for 113 yards on the day with nearly two full quarters left to go.
:tearyeyed: sniff sniff

Gurley may not be as game script-dependent as initially feared by some, IF the game script is, win with Gurley. :)

Record BG (Before Gurley) 1-2

Record AG (After Gurley) 3-1

* Admittedly the schedule was tougher in the first third of the season, and eased up in the middle third.

Banger said:
spider321 said:
comfortably numb said:
he looks beastly, so fluid yet powerful
More valuable than ANY receiver in the league.

Yes, even in a 16-team ppr where you have to start 3 receivers.
Especially if bell is out.
I think the only one-for-one swaps you can consider for him are Bell (assuming the knee isn't bad) and Gronk. Everyone else would just be giving away positional advantage.

spider321 said:
comfortably numb said:

debatable

In this league I have seen a switch where the best RB seems to not be enough for a top WR or TE

Evident by being turned down this week 4 times by 3 owners

spider321 said:
comfortably numb said:

debatable

In this league I have seen a switch where the best RB seems to not be enough for a top WR or TE

Evident by being turned down this week 4 times by 3 owners
All 4 of you made a bad decision.

Learn from yours.

eta, This is the last time I'm going to try to talk some sense into you.

It's on you when you trade the man among boys for a dime-a-dozen #1 WR.

Take away that 71 yard run and it wasn't a very good day. Yeah, I'm not a fan of those kind of arguments either, but you guys can't tell me you were watching the box score before that run and were super excited about his game. I know I wasn't. 19 carries for 62 yards against a terrible defense isn't exactly what I was expecting.

TL:DR I'm hoping this kid isn't big play dependent.

Take away that 71 yard run and it wasn't a very good day. Yeah, I'm not a fan of those kind of arguments either, but you guys can't tell me you were watching the box score before that run and were super excited about his game. I know I wasn't. 19 carries for 62 yards against a terrible defense isn't exactly what I was expecting.

TL:DR I'm hoping this kid isn't big play dependent.
:lol:

I'm an ecstatic Gurley dynasty owner. Just trying not to get too ahead of myself and talk real here. Seriously. The 49ers DT plays that play better and this thread hits page 3. Let's pump the brakes just a touch guys. Sounds like a bunch of boy band fan boys in here.

I'm an ecstatic Gurley dynasty owner. Just trying not to get too ahead of myself and talk real here. Seriously. The 49ers DT plays that play better and this thread hits page 3. Let's pump the brakes just a touch guys. Sounds like a bunch of boy band fan boys in here.
Good point. He has been compared to Alfred Morris in here. That alone means it could end ugly.

We're more giddy than some 14 year old girl chasing One Direction could ever be.

Users who are viewing this thread