What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley (3 Viewers)

How come Gurley is not listed as a player in the news in our e-mail from FootballsGuys? No downgrades or anything???
Welcome to week 17 for FBGs. Love their service but my 1 week 17 league always shows their massive info hole on the list week. I thought DFS might help but this week is usually a rough week for accurate news outside of seeing someone as inactive.
I mean you'd think if someone like Gurley is questionable or in a walking boot we'd hear about here in the daily news on FootballGuys? The season for some of us isn't over. I personally have a lot riding on week 17.
I have a feeling gurley wont play. Cant see them risking it being a meaningless game....

How come Gurley is not listed as a player in the news in our e-mail from FootballsGuys? No downgrades or anything???
Welcome to week 17 for FBGs. Love their service but my 1 week 17 league always shows their massive info hole on the list week. I thought DFS might help but this week is usually a rough week for accurate news outside of seeing someone as inactive.
I mean you'd think if someone like Gurley is questionable or in a walking boot we'd hear about here in the daily news on FootballGuys? The season for some of us isn't over. I personally have a lot riding on week 17.
I have a feeling gurley wont play. Cant see them risking it being a meaningless game....
That would be amazing, yet not out of the question. Every site or ranking I see Gurley in the top 2-5. What gives? Lazy vacation for those following and posting updates? Even ESPN doesn't talk about it? I don't get it?

Actually no, DJ being on the better offense means nothing to me. Gurley is so much more talented than him that it doesn't matter to me. Talent over situation in dynasty in almost all cases.

Not sure why you are telling me to spout college stats. I have NEVER brought up college stats because college stats are skewed much of the time.

HIs ACL looks just fine by the way, in case you weren't watching.

I don't see this close. At all. Just my opinion
You are right, his ACL looks fine.

But if I have two players, that are very close, then give me the one NOT coming off major injury.

Look, I get it, I really do. Injuries are fluky and very hard to predict.

I'm just saying personally, I'd rather have the guy that doesn't have that injury on his track record.

The fact that he is on a much better offense should be yet another reason to like him, if it were a close pick.

Beyond that, if you are saying that DJ being on the better offense means nothing to me ....well thats silly and "short sighted" at best.

Are you saying his "superior talent" which it seems you believe he has, can overcome him being on a bad offense? :D

Regardless, I'm not looking for an argument, it seems as if people want to split hairs sometimes on this board, and this is looking to be a classic case of just that.

The fact is, both are extremely talented, and I wouldn't mind owning either.

If both are healthy next year, there is a great chance they are both top 5 in their positions.

If its an extremely close case, then give me the guy coming off a major injury, and is on a great offense to boot.

Now- IF YOU FEEL GURLEY IS FAR AND AWAY THE BETTER TALENT , then the factors I mentioned might not be enough to overcome that. But thats not really the argument you seem to be making.

I personally don't feel like Gurley is that huge of a talent upgrade over DJ, but time may prove me wrong on that.

One thing is for sure, if DJ keeps having monster games and they go to the Super Bowl, then his price will be extremely expensive next year, and Gurley would be a much better value.

TZM
I stopped reading when you said "if two guys are close". I don't think they are remotely close in value at all for two obvious reasons, talent and age. That's the end of the discussion for me. That's all I need to say. If you disagree, so be it.

Was it you or the other guy who says you don't play in dynasty leagues? Maybe you shouldn't. This kind of ranking will get keep you donating to everyone else for years and years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped reading when you said "if two guys are close". I don't think they are remotely close in value at all for two obvious reasons, talent and age. That's the end of the discussion for me. That's all I need to say. If you disagree, so be it.

Was it you or the other guy who says you don't play in dynasty leagues? Maybe you shouldn't. This kind of ranking will get keep you donating to everyone else for years and years.
So rather than try and have discussion about which one is better of the two, or (gasp) actually try and state why you think he is better, you resort to "maybe you shouldn't play in dynasty ".

Got it.

The best thing about this and your posts, is if Gurley comes out next year, and is obviously hampered by his stagnant offense, then you have a crutch to blame his performance on.(and your personal stance) So rejoice!!

What if he does get injured again?

Will you then say that DJ had been a better pick? Or would you blame it on the fluky injury factor....?

Or would you be grasping at another straw to try and cling on to your opinion, even though it may have been wrong.

Let me guess, you might also be one of those guys that vanishes when they are wrong on someone too, right?

I said it earlier, I believe the two are extremely close, and I don't fault anyone going either way.

If both guys are starters for their teams next year for the whole season, I think there is a legitimate chance both *could* be top 5 guys.

There is a whole host of factors that could make this a scenario, where its not even close, or one isn't even fantasy relevant by the end of next year.

Injury is only one.

Just give me the one with the less checkered injury history. (oh wait, one is on a poor offense too)

You go on to say "This kind of ranking will get keep you donating to everyone else for years and years."

I think you meant to say "will keep". But I get what you are trying to assert here, even though you are wrong.

It is short term results-oriented people just like this who I make my living off of every day.

Just keep punching your clock, sir.

You said - "I stopped reading when you said "if two guys are close"

If you actually did stop reading, then why did you bother responding?

I don't understand this.

So you are trying to state a case, or make an argument for something, yet you didn't read an entire post you were set on responding to?

TZM

If gurley tore both his acls right now i would take him over johnson. Its close, but i would.

Like i said, stay away from dynasty. You will be better off for it.

If gurley tore both his acls right now i would take him over johnson. Its close, but i would.

This is probably the reason I was told off the board not to even get in a discussion with you sir.

A true waste of time, and now you mention you would take Gurley if he were to tear both acls.

I was told you were one of a handful I should put in my ignore file right off the bat, but I try and give everyone a chance.

Now, you are there permanently.

OPEN NOTE TO ALL DYNASTY PLAYERS ON THIS BOARD -

A- Get in as many leagues as you can with ghostguy123, as apparently he even doesn't mind taking players with 2 torn acls.

B- Hope he continues to punch the clock every week so he can afford his fantasy habits.

For its these types of people that will always continue to make our fantasy leagues profitable.

TZM

This is probably the reason I was told off the board not to even get in a discussion with you sir.

A true waste of time, and now you mention you would take Gurley if he were to tear both acls.

I was told you were one of a handful I should put in my ignore file right off the bat, but I try and give everyone a chance.

Now, you are there permanently.

OPEN NOTE TO ALL DYNASTY PLAYERS ON THIS BOARD -

A- Get in as many leagues as you can with ghostguy123, as apparently he even doesn't mind taking players with 2 torn acls.

B- Hope he continues to punch the clock every week so he can afford his fantasy habits.

For its these types of people that will always continue to make our fantasy leagues profitable.

TZM
This is so good it just has to be fattening.

Not that anyone cares, maybe you do since you are so passionate, but I am in two high stakes dynasty leagues and won both of them this year, and took 1st and 2nd last year, plus similar success the previous couple seasons since joining high stakes dynasty.

I guess I need someone to quote this so he can see it??? (Yeah right).

Anyway, for people who want to rank johnson over gurley in dynasty, good luck. I dont own either of them in any leagues anywhere and probably never will. No dog in this fight, just common sense.

I am glad he isn't playing this week, if something were to happen to my baby the last week of the year in a meaningless game I would be pissed all offseason. For those crying about week 17 availability you should be squarely kicked in jock for even playing in a league that does that.

I am glad he isn't playing this week, if something were to happen to my baby the last week of the year in a meaningless game I would be pissed all offseason. For those crying about week 17 availability you should be squarely kicked in jock for even playing in a league that does that.
I'm not a dynasty league, but I'm in one week 17 league and honestly it is a pain but I hope it doesn't change. The prize money is split between total points (through week 17) and the championship so it's always nice that almost half the league is usually in it till the last week. Just like the discussions about PPR. You might not like it but who cares you play to the rules.

What are Gurley's splits with grass vs. turf? I assume the LA Rams will have a grass field. Is this better or worse for him? Does it make a difference? I am almost certain he played his college career on grass. If anything, this should make it easier in his knees and prolong his career.

So you think that someone who happens to play the QB position should get it, because they play QB, right?
When the QB threw for 3rd highest passing yards of any rookie QB, then yes.Besides, Rams have a pretty decent O-line. They made Benny Cunningham & Tre Mason look good at times.

This is just the NFL already pandering to the LA market.
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/20/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-this-season/

20th and 25th in graded run blocking

You were saying?

So you think that someone who happens to play the QB position should get it, because they play QB, right?
When the QB threw for 3rd highest passing yards of any rookie QB, then yes.Besides, Rams have a pretty decent O-line. They made Benny Cunningham & Tre Mason look good at times.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/20/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-this-season/

You were saying?
I assumed the Oline was better. What happened to Greg Robinson? The guy was supposed to be a stud. I guess Tre Mason & Benny Cunningham were just a good rbs.

You were saying?
I assumed the Oline was better. What happened to Greg Robinson? The guy was supposed to be a stud. I guess Tre Mason & Benny Cunningham were just a good rbs.
I know ypc is not the end-all be-all but...

Mason in 2015- 75/208- 2.8ypc

Benny Cunningham in 2015- 37/140- 3.8 ypc

Gurley in 2015- 229/1108- 4.8 ypc

Todd Gurley said he's "got to get more catches this year."
Gurley was targeted just 26 times out of the backfield as a rookie, which was 48th among all running backs. He said he tried to get involved more down the stretch last season and hopes to see those numbers rise in 2016 after a fully healthy offseason where he's also dropped 10-15 pounds after being listed at 231 coming out of college. If Gurley can add 15-20 more catches, it makes him all that more appealing as a surefire top-three fantasy running back.

Source: ESPN.com 
Jun 3 - 11:19 AM

ESPN’s Nick Wagoner expects Todd Gurley to average 20-plus touches per game.
Gurley averaged just under 20 weekly touches last year. His per-game stats were slightly inflated because he missed three weeks, but he still finished top 10 in carries (229). With rookie Jared Goff at quarterback, the Rams' offense will continue to run through Gurley.

Source: ESPN 
Jun 3 - 7:17 PM

Blasphemy! I will not click the link, on principle. 
he's very well thought in the article but how do you account for freakish ability?  how many times were Tomlinson or Peterson on terrible teams where they made something from nothing and elevated the play of the entire team?  

definitely strange.  

"No one can overcome this bad situation.  Except Gurley. Who did it last year."

i'm glad i don't play redraft.  some very good arguments in that article.  

Pre-draft perception is a funny animal in redraft.

DJ and Gurley the consensus top 2 RBs this year, and 3 other RBs are virtually guaranteed to go in the first round (ADP, Elliott, Miller.) The Big 3 WRs in PPR are pretty much locked in (AB, OBJ, JJ), and Nuk, Green and Dez often fills out the tail end. Somebody will draft Gronk in the first.

I have the fifth pick and there's a 75% chance I'll be staring at a choice of Gurley or the WR4 (whoever you think that is.)

I'm strongly considering going against consensus and taking a RB from the state of Texas just based on volume.

I owned Gueley last year, he's a generational talent on Peterson's level. But I'm not convinced I want to own him in redraft this year.

I'm really considering going against ADP and snagging Gurley at 1.03 in a 0.5 PPR. I'm a bit biased because he helped me me to a championship last season. But I just feel like his floor combined with a someone like Mike Evans / Keenan Allen / D. Thomas is way more valuable than someone like Julio combined with McCoy / Lacy / CJA. Maybe I'm crazy?

I'm really considering going against ADP and snagging Gurley at 1.03 in a 0.5 PPR. I'm a bit biased because he helped me me to a championship last season. But I just feel like his floor combined with a someone like Mike Evans / Keenan Allen / D. Thomas is way more valuable than someone like Julio combined with McCoy / Lacy / CJA. Maybe I'm crazy?
Not at all.  I was the opposite for a while and now I'm coming around to this.  But I have a pick a little later than that

For redraft, why are Gurley and AP not in the same tier? They are basically the same for fantasy purposes. 

For redraft, why are Gurley and AP not in the same tier? They are basically the same for fantasy purposes. 
Because on a year-round FF board such as this one, a lot of dynasty players let their instinctive long-run planning slip into their redraft projections.

Gurley is going to be a bust, I'm calling it now. He's got skills but the Rams may have the worst offense in league history.

Fisher just looks like the game has passed him by.  Brutal to watch this offense.
Agreed. You need a QB and the ability to "open things up" in today's NFL.

Fisher ain't going back to the play-offs by trying to win games by 13-10 while handing the ball to Eddie George Todd Gurley 350 times to shorten the games.

Users who are viewing this thread