What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR A.J. Green, ARZ (3 Viewers)

ESPN says he walked off field, took off his shoe, took off his helmet, then walked over to Marvin Lewis, where they decided he was done and then carted off practice field back to stadium. I take it as a positive he walked!

Can I have more guys go down with injury or discipline their kids with sticks? My season ended one week after posting top points week 1. I know. I know. Nobody cares.

Worth picking up Sanu/Jones in all 12 team PPR formats if he does miss time, they can be solid WR3/Flex plays.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish they would quit saying "carted off the field". He walked off and was carted back to the stadium. Totally expect this to be a nagging injury, but not forcing him to miss multiple weeks.

I wish they would quit saying "carted off the field". He walked off and was carted back to the stadium. Totally expect this to be a nagging injury, but not forcing him to miss multiple weeks.
Yeah, some reports make this sound worse than it is. I'd look into buying low in redrafts if a Green owner is at or below .500 and panicking right now. Worth a shot.

ESPN says he walked off field, took off his shoe, took off his helmet, then walked over to Marvin Lewis, where they decided he was done and then carted off practice field back to stadium. I take it as a positive he walked!
it's turf toe...of course you can walk.

I just love how the headline is he was "carted off the field". To me, that means he couldn't leave under his own power, and it's extremely serious.

I just love how the headline is he was "carted off the field". To me, that means he couldn't leave under his own power, and it's extremely serious.
meh...I'd take a cart too if I had to walk on my heel the entire way to the locker room.

I've had turf toe...you can aggrevate it from just walking..let alone running and cutting on a dime. He probably has a steel plate in his shoe. This injury lingers.. He should be able to take inflamation pills or take a cortisone shot to reduce the swelling. it's possbile to play though it.

meh...I'd take a cart too if I had to walk on my heel the entire way to the locker room.
Exactly. I imagine no matter the severity of the injury, he was taking a cart back.

If he's out, bump Gio and maybe Hill ? Forte ran wild on the Panthers last week.
With WR1, WR2, and TE1 potentially out for Cincy, I could see CAR loading up the box and forcing Dalton to try to beat them as they shutdown the running game.

Yeah, just can't play football sometimes (missing a week and then playing in others). This is just an annoyance at this point for his owners. They will have to watch and make sure he is a go. To me, he gets the Arian Foster treatment, not the Megatron treatment (if he's active, he's in the lineup, no ifs, ands, or buts).

Sanu will have 10 catches by halftime.
...on fantasy benches everywhere.
I've started him every week. Don't ask...
Haha damn I bet he's been a nice little surprise a few weeks there, eh? I've got a ton of options at my 2 flex spots and this news has me wondering if this is the week to give him a start. Would be starting over the likes of Patterson, Benjamin, Robinson and possibly Beckham.

Haha damn I bet he's been a nice little surprise a few weeks there, eh? I've got a ton of options at my 2 flex spots and this news has me wondering if this is the week to give him a start. Would be starting over the likes of Patterson, Benjamin, Robinson and possibly Beckham.
Sanu has been sitting on my bench but with the injury to Calvin Johnson, I may just have to pull the trigger this week.

Interesting, I was reading something where even with AJ Green in the game, Sanu was getting about 8 targets a game, plus he has this knack for the big play. Now, imagine if Green is not there, his targets may well go into the double digits. He's definitely not a bad play as a # 2 WR with Green out. And with Green in, I think he's still a legit flex play.

Sanu has been sitting on my bench but with the injury to Calvin Johnson, I may just have to pull the trigger this week.

Interesting, I was reading something where even with AJ Green in the game, Sanu was getting about 8 targets a game, plus he has this knack for the big play. Now, imagine if Green is not there, his targets may well go into the double digits. He's definitely not a bad play as a # 2 WR with Green out. And with Green in, I think he's still a legit flex play.
OK, here's what CBSSportsline has to say about Sanu:

Mohamed Sanu coexisting fine with A.J. Green

When Mohamed Sanu had 84 yards and a touchdown Week 2 against Atlanta, it seemed like just a byproduct of A.J. Green being sidelined by a sprained toe, but in two games with Green back in the lineup, Sanu has remained a regular part of the Bengals' passing game, getting at least eight targets in each.

He had a season-high nine Week 5 at New England and was about as productive as Green, catching five passes for 70 yards and a touchdown. In standard CBSSports.com leagues, he has now scored double-digit Fantasy points in three straight games.

Sanu will never be to Fantasy owners what Green is, but he has good size and has delivered his share of big plays already this season. He won't be the most exciting waiver claim this week, but in leagues where wide receivers come at a premium, he might be a pretty nice find.

I'm thinking about starting him over Keenan Allen....

OK, here's what CBSSportsline has to say about Sanu:

Mohamed Sanu coexisting fine with A.J. Green

When Mohamed Sanu had 84 yards and a touchdown Week 2 against Atlanta, it seemed like just a byproduct of A.J. Green being sidelined by a sprained toe, but in two games with Green back in the lineup, Sanu has remained a regular part of the Bengals' passing game, getting at least eight targets in each.

He had a season-high nine Week 5 at New England and was about as productive as Green, catching five passes for 70 yards and a touchdown. In standard CBSSports.com leagues, he has now scored double-digit Fantasy points in three straight games.

Sanu will never be to Fantasy owners what Green is, but he has good size and has delivered his share of big plays already this season. He won't be the most exciting waiver claim this week, but in leagues where wide receivers come at a premium, he might be a pretty nice find.
No talk of Marvin Jones out of the picture due to injury and headed back?

Users who are viewing this thread