Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Adrian Peterson Status Updates

TheFanatic

16 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

Pretty easy start for me over L Murray, Jamal Charles, and D Henery. 

Not expecting much, so anything over and above 80 yards or a TD will be welcome.

Cardinals have averaged 2.6 ypc, TB has allowed 3.4 ypc, and Peterson has averaged 3.0 ypc this season. Cardinals RBs have scored 1 TD between them out of 131 combined touches. TB has allowed 1 rushing TD to a RB. Peterson has not scored a TD in his last 152 touches. I would take the under on 80 yards and a TD.

16 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Cardinals have averaged 2.6 ypc, TB has allowed 3.4 ypc, and Peterson has averaged 3.0 ypc this season. Cardinals RBs have scored 1 TD between them out of 131 combined touches. TB has allowed 1 rushing TD to a RB. Peterson has not scored a TD in his last 152 touches. I would take the under on 80 yards and a TD.

he said "or".

1 hour ago, Anarchy99 said:

I’m not expecting that at all. And I meant to say OR not AND.

At this point he’s just the best option I have and he looks (on paper and coach speak) to be getting more touches than the rest of those guys.

I could make a case for any of the guys on my bench to be a better start over him.

I just picked him up as a free agent (he went through waivers). I'm not expecting much, but it was between him and Alfred Morris. I don't know what'll happen with Elliott, but I want no part of a Morris/McFadden timeshare should Ezekiel's ruling be overturned by the Fifth Circuit.  

eta* I have Ezekiel

Edited by rockaction

58 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

To put it more simple. AP was not startable on the saints roster FF wise. Now I believe he is at least startable. 

What he does with those touches is TBD.

I think Anarchy makes a good point about Tampa being a strong run defense.

They are pretty bad in coverage but they have been one of the best run defenses for a couple years now.

Not a good formula for Peterson match up wise.

On October 10, 2017 at 5:52 PM, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I'm happy I got to see one of the greats play in a Saints uniform, even if just for a little bit and in decrepit 2.0 ypc fashion. I enjoyed it. Best of luck to him, I hope he can show he's still got it.

Felt the same way watching the snake under center when he had nothing but fumes left

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

I think Anarchy makes a good point about Tampa being a strong run defense.

They are pretty bad in coverage but they have been one of the best run defenses for a couple years now.

Not a good formula for Peterson match up wise.

Tampa looks to be full strength on defense finally too. Kwon Alexander, LaVonte David, and TJ Ward all practiced yesterday. 

3 minutes ago, Grahamburn said:

Tampa looks to be full strength on defense finally too. Kwon Alexander, LaVonte David, and TJ Ward all practiced yesterday. 

Asking for a friend: If Tampa D is on waivers, pick them up?  How good are they?  

eta* Never mind, just did. Held NE to 19 and getting guys back is enough for me.  

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rockaction said:

Asking for a friend: If Tampa D is on waivers, pick them up?  How good are they?  

eta* Never mind, just did. Held NE to 19 and getting guys back is enough for me.  

Should be a nice pickup.  Bills next week.  Miami and the Jets soon too.  They're a different team with Kwon on the field.

So in my 12 team league .5 ppr I drafted him in the 8th round. An afterthought. I had David Johnson and Zeke with Carlis Hyde as a backup. 

Fast forward: 

Johnson on IR

Zeke suspended

Hyde losing touches 

Two weeks ago I got tired of AP and dropped him?

Still 4-1 with a decent lead this week. 

That’s FF for you. 

8 minutes ago, BigDave said:

So in my 12 team league .5 ppr I drafted him in the 8th round. An afterthought. I had David Johnson and Zeke with Carlis Hyde as a backup. 

Fast forward: 

Johnson on IR

Zeke suspended

Hyde losing touches 

Two weeks ago I got tired of AP and dropped him?

Still 4-1 with a decent lead this week. 

That’s FF for you. 

It would help for context if you could post your full league rules, as well full draft results

5 hours ago, rascal said:

Yeah, I spent 50% of faab on Mack and McKinnon.  Wish I had spent 10% more on Peterson 

We had an owner who blew his remaining FAAB on Peterson. I questioned it. Looks like may have been worth it. Unfortunately for him he just lost Aaron Rodgers and has 3 other GB players.

5 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I doubted him at 32. Looks like he'll be playing with a chip on his shoulder. 

Seems to me he’s always played with a chip on his shoulder.

I admit I doubted him too, about whether he had anything left. Should absolutely have known never to underestimate this guy.

On 10/10/2017 at 1:33 PM, Anarchy99 said:

Not sure ADP has the wheels or the moves to rip off a 60 yarder. Just for ha-ha's, I looked at his game logs. He's had 4 runs of 60 yards or more in his last 40 games played (regular season and playoffs) spanning 736 carries. Assuming he is still capable of producing at the same rate, that's 1 run 60 yard run every 10 games and 184 carries.

Guess we know he has the speed to rip off 30 yarders.