What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Aaron Rodgers, NYJ (4 Viewers)

Big concerns for me tonight.  Rodgers against the Cardinals D, and his top (three?!) WRs out.  

My only alternate is Bridgewater.  Talk about two bad choices...

Big concerns for me tonight.  Rodgers against the Cardinals D, and his top (three?!) WRs out.  

My only alternate is Bridgewater.  Talk about two bad choices...
I hear ya.  I have both Rodgers and A Jones going; hoping for repeat of Week 3.   I hate Thursday night games.  

Aaron Rodgers completed 22-of-37 passes for 184 yards, two touchdowns and zero interceptions in the Packers' 24-21, Week 8 win over the Cardinals. 

Rodgers also added an 11-yard rush in the dying moments of the fourth quarter. Missing Davante Adams and Allen Lazard to the COVID-19 list, Rodgers was in survival mode this evening — he was averaging 3.0 yards per attempt at halftime — but conjured just enough play-making magic with Randall Cobb to supplement a potent rushing attack in this narrow road victory. It was Cobb who corralled each of Rodgers' scores in the end zone as a random assortment of rogues and ruffians mixed in for targets behind Aaron Jones' team-leading total of 11. Adams and Lazard now have 10 days to go negative ahead of a colossal inter-conference matchup with the Chiefs in Week 9. 

- NBC SportsEDGE

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait a minute

WAIT A ####### MINUTE

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1455912321763717123

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

#Packers QB Aaron Rodgers is unvaccinated, per me and @MikeGarafolo. That’s why he’s out for Sunday vs. the #Chiefs.
I VERY CLEARLY remember him saying he was vaccinated: am I hallucinating this? I'm not trying to start something that results in a thread irrationally getting moved to another subforum, but yeah this is some ####.

Wait a minute

WAIT A ####### MINUTE

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1455912321763717123

I VERY CLEARLY remember him saying he was vaccinated: am I hallucinating this? I'm not trying to start something that results in a thread irrationally getting moved to another subforum, but yeah this is some ####.
I’ve heard this from another source.  It is a reliable source.   Rodgers is definitely not vaccinated.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Aaron Rodgers tested positive for COVID-19 and will not play Week 9 against the Chiefs. 

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Rodgers is unvaccinated, meaning he will be forced to miss at least 10 days. Green Bay's Week 10 game is only 11 days from today, making Rodgers questionable for that matchup as well. This development is another COVID hit for an offense that was without two of their top receivers last week. Those receivers are expected to return against the Chiefs, but they will now be catching passes from Jordan Love, whose seven career pass attempts all came late in Green Bay's blowout loss to New Orleans Week 1. Even in a great matchup, Love is nothing more than a risky streaming option, and it will be tough to trust anyone not named Davante Adams or Aaron Jones for fantasy purposes. 
See this is what I was confused at. Why would he be out? He just needed 2 negatives 24 hours apart as a vaccinated player. That's why I thought "wait, maybe there's a complication it he's showing symptoms they are worried about" and was looking for medical complications when that other tweet came out. Oh boy...

I hope the press asks him about his previous vaccinated response. Can’t wait to here what he has to say.

Either say no comment or be honest like Kirk Cousins was when asked. 

The NFL is definitely going to look into this, that means he's been lying and doing the wrong protocols this whole time unless Green Bay was also in on it. We might be looking into a fine/possible suspension.

I'm sure he's not vaccinated.

I assume it won't matter for his playing status. I've yet to see a vaccinated person return as quickly as he'd have needed to this Sunday and looks like he's barely going to beat the 10 day window to play in week 10 in what could be both the Rodgers and Wilson return game.

The NFL is definitely going to look into this, that means he's been lying and doing the wrong protocols this whole time unless Green Bay was also in on it We might be looking into a fine/possible suspension.
All we know right now is that he misled reporters. With the team/league, he wouldn't have been able to just say he was "immunized". He would have had to show proof of vaccination

The NFL is definitely going to look into this, that means he's been lying and doing the wrong protocols this whole time unless Green Bay was also in on it. We might be looking into a fine/possible suspension.
Ha, they don't just take players words for it, they got to show proof of vaccine. So unless he used a forged vaccination copy he was not lying.

I'm sure he's not vaccinated.

I assume it won't matter for his playing status. I've yet to see a vaccinated person return as quickly as he'd have needed to this Sunday and looks like he's barely going to beat the 10 day window to play in week 10 in what could be both the Rodgers and Wilson return game.
I’m sure he’s not vaccinated too.  Because I have a source who has confirmed that. 

I had tickets to the Packers v Chiefs two years ago. Mahomes was hurt.

I have tickets to the Packers v Chiefs on Sunday. Rodgers is out.

The only two games I've bought tickets to for years.

It's like God only wants these two to meet in State Farm commercials.

I had tickets to the Packers v Chiefs two years ago. Mahomes was hurt.

I have tickets to the Packers v Chiefs on Sunday. Rodgers is out.

The only two games I've bought tickets to for years.

It's like God only wants these two to meet in State Farm commercials.
Man that sucks for you.

This was actually one of the rare times when I heard impactful NFL news my first thought was not the impact to my fantasy teams but that we were all going to miss out on a great matchup, and that's just to watch it on TV.

Tons of conjecture and speculation, BUT I think players had to provide proof, and thought they had certain rules in place like colored wrist bands for example.

If Rodgers wasn’t vaxed it would have been obvious from this stuff, right? Unless he provided fake docs. 

I can’t remember how much camp he missed or what the Pack / teams do to identify non-vaxed players. 

Ha, they don't just take players words for it, they got to show proof of vaccine. So unless he used a forged vaccination copy he was not lying.
And if he did forge it, why admit it now?

Most likely scenario is that he misled reporters but the team has known his status all along

All we know right now is that he misled reporters. With the team/league, he wouldn't have been able to just say he was "immunized". He would have had to show proof of vaccination
HIs full quote:

"Yeah I've been immunized." he said. "There's guys on the team that haven't been vaccinated and it's personal decision, not going to judge those guys."

The second part would assuredly make it seem like he's vaccinated, regardless of what word he used.

And if he did forge it, why admit it now?

Most likely scenario is that he misled reporters but the team has known his status all along

I don't think he'd admit it either, so unless they had reason to investigate him similar to the NHL player no one would likely know.  Also we'd likely be hearing talk of suspension if it was known he submitted fake card.

I agree with what you say is the most likely scenario but my only question on that is I thought non-vaxxed have to wear masks indoors. Has Rodgers been doing that?

Yep.  He lied.  Deliberately.
At some point during my childhood, I decided I would never fall back on the "What I said was technically not a lie" excuse. Outside of sworn testimony, the only reason not to lie is because you have a moral code against it. And if that's the case, how is it any better morally speaking to say something intended to give someone a false impression? Why even bother? If you're going to lie, then just lie. Don't mislead people and pretend you're any better based on a technicality.

And one thing for sure, there is zero doubt that his response to media about being vaccinated was misleading at best. Very snaky and character revealing.

Users who are viewing this thread