What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, NE (5 Viewers)

The Daniel Wallach guy that people cite in here and Pete Brush on Twitter will have this covered today. I’m just here to help myself cope with losing my main cog of my fantasy team which is really what is most important here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah and one of the few to make a stance for awhile and stick by it.  Answers everyone's questions.  Hope she's right.
Everything is trending to the judge delaying this. Of course that means she will uphold the suspension immediately because this has been the bizzaro world case.

The General said:
Everything is trending to the judge delaying this. Of course that means she will uphold the suspension immediately because this has been the bizzaro world case.
That is the NFL for sure.

"Lack of cooperation" could mean ANYTHING. And where are the details about Zeke wiping his phone after the request? Where are the details about what he even did to get suspended in the first place? 

Just stop.
If you can't understand plain English, that's your problem.  Please go Google "lack" and "cooperation" and see it if defines either word as ANYTHING, like you seem to think.  :lmao:

This isn't rocket science.  The NFL said Zeke didn't cooperate and cited him wiping his phones.  There's only 1 plain-English interpretation for what that means: the NFL requested his phones, Zeke wiped them, so they cited him for lack of cooperation with his phones.

The General said:
The Daniel Wallach guy that people cite in here and Pete Brush on Twitter will have this covered today. I’m just here to help myself cope with losing my main cog of my fantasy team which is really what is most important here.
I'm playing against the Zeke owner in Week 12...with a little luck, he'll be on suspension.  :P

is the general consensus that if the injuction is upheld today Zeke's good to go for the season? I'm wasting a 1/3 of my bench in two leagues waiting for this to resolve

If you can't understand plain English, that's your problem.  Please go Google "lack" and "cooperation" and see it if defines either word as ANYTHING, like you seem to think.  :lmao:

This isn't rocket science.  The NFL said Zeke didn't cooperate and cited him wiping his phones.  There's only 1 plain-English interpretation for what that means: the NFL requested his phones, Zeke wiped them, so they cited him for lack of cooperation with his phones.
Wow. Find another place to troll

Not sure which is worse... espnespn the poster, or espn the network. Either way this is not being excellent. 

is the general consensus that if the injuction is upheld today Zeke's good to go for the season? I'm wasting a 1/3 of my bench in two leagues waiting for this to resolve
From what I understand.. if he gets the injunction he WILL play until the trial which SHOULD be next year. 

Even though he wiped his phones, he did turn over all phone records in May 2017. That included all text messages, phone calls and even pictures sent from his phone(s). He complied completely, just not in a timely fashion. The idea that his wiping the phones hid information from them is not valid.

Surprised there wasn't a crowd in NY outside the courthouse when Zeke walked up. Hell, there was no one there outside of the cameramen and a few stragglers leaving the office. 

(I know the area well since I'm a New Yorker)

If I'm understanding all this, Failla will be ruling on a preliminary injunction, not a TRO.  And the standards for granting a PI are higher than those around a TRO.

So Failla ruling for the NFL wouldn't constitute reversing Crotty, just applying the higher burden of proof required for granting a PI.  In fact ruling against the NFL would constitute reversing the Brady judges, who denied a PI request over the "fundamental fairness" issue.  Presumably they're well respected also.
They are the same.

"I'm trying to understand what this conspiracy entails," Judge Failla presses Kessler on assertion that case against Zeke is a conspiracy

— Pete Brush (@PeteBrush) October 30, 2017

You don't have to find a conspiracy, Kessler says. I'm not sure I can, Failla says. She is not impressed with the Zeke conspiracy allegation

— Pete Brush (@PeteBrush) October 30, 2017

From what I understand.. if he gets the injunction he WILL play until the trial which SHOULD be next year. 
Correct. Until the appeal on the merits, which, as you said, would probably be in the off-season. The NFL probably won't seek an emergency stay because they would not get it.

I believe he can still request another injunction from a different court, and/or or different grounds, if he loses today, right?

Pete Brush

@PeteBrush

·

15m

Judge Failla notes courts have deemed suspensions to be irreparable harm. Clement agrees, but says NFL interest in discipline outweighs that

Judge Failla pressing NFL about investigator's credibility concerns re Zeke's accuser. Clement says concerns were laid out in arbitration

Pete Brush

@PeteBrush

Judge Failla calls NFL investigator Kia Roberts a "key witness" and wonders if her recommendations should have been given more weight

BAZINGA!

In response to when we will know something...

Pete Brush‏ @PeteBrush 51s51 seconds ago
I was wrong. "Today is the 30th and I do need to issue something today," Judge Failla just said. Kessler up for a rebuttal on Zeke's behalf

Most important piece of the day.

Pete Brush‏ @PeteBrush 4s4 seconds ago

With Kessler getting in his last licks, Zeke has perked up. Looking on intently. Also he just sipped the last of his bottle of Poland Spring

Pete Brush‏ @PeteBrush 1m1 minute ago

Judge Failla says "I have the bones of the decision. I am going to work on it and I will get it to you tonight."

Pete Brush‏ @PeteBrush 1m1 minute ago

Judge Failla declines Kessler invitation for her to rule from bench. She wants to add detail since whoever loses is heading for 2nd Circuit

Users who are viewing this thread