What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (4 Viewers)

NewlyRetired said:
This graphic does not do this unique skill he has justice, as its nit just scoring in the box, it is how close he is to the net on almost every goal he scores.  It is uncanny

https://theanalyst.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/chicharito-goal-record.png
A true poacher.  His movement and instincts inside the box are amazing.

Not to minimize, but I saw a stat that said of Ruud van Nistelrooy's 150 goals for United, only 1 came from outside the box.

That is just amazing for them both.

movement and instincts inside the box are amazing.
This.

His ability to find the shoulder of defenders and that little seam of space just off them is absolutely incredible. The work he puts in off the ball to find those seams, either on the diagonal, showing back, or just opening them up in the box for the cross...as good as I've ever seen. He just needs guys to feed him. Sarge could learn a thing or two from him, tbh. 

This.

His ability to find the shoulder of defenders and that little seam of space just off them is absolutely incredible. The work he puts in off the ball to find those seams, either on the diagonal, showing back, or just opening them up in the box for the cross...as good as I've ever seen. He just needs guys to feed him. Sarge could learn a thing or two from him, tbh. 
:goodposting:  I think a lot of strikers, and most of the USMNT ones, could learn a thing or two from him. 

Aside from the injuries last season I think this was a lot of his issue.  He isn't going to beat people and score from all over.  He needs service and if you do he'll get on the end of it.  

:lmao:

I saw that.  Its amazing how many people get harrased on twitter and aren't connected to whatever it is.  

And I am not a fan of Jay Glazer either, but not because I think he's connected to United. 
It is. I've seen so many people harassed who aren't even connected to stuff. 

It is. I've seen so many people harassed who aren't even connected to stuff. 
Its crazy.  The best is when Linebacker Brandon Marshall gets heat for something WR Brandon Marshall says.  There is also a Mike McCarthy who gets a lot of mentions on twitter when coach McCarthy does something stupid (In GB or Dallas).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hence, my sincere apologies.

I used to think Spurs could tame Jose, or that he was a changed man, but alas, the Special One does not change his stripes.
I know this is a little tongue in cheek but I didn’t have any idea how Spurs fans could have talked themselves in to Jose and same for Roma.  This dude ran his stick at RM, United and Chelsea - no chance he was changing for anybody.  

For each Premier League season that Jose Mourinho has completed, he has finished in the same spot in the league that he was in after 12 games. 

Tottenham’s positions after 12 games? 1st

So, either Jose is getting sacked, or Spurs are winning the league!

We knew there was only one way this was going to end...

:kicksrock:

I know this is a little tongue in cheek but I didn’t have any idea how Spurs fans could have talked themselves in to Jose and same for Roma.  This dude ran his stick at RM, United and Chelsea - no chance he was changing for anybody.  
At least he won trophies at those clubs, as well as at Porto and Inter.  Spurs fans were probably thinking, he’s insufferable, but at least we’ll get a trophy or two out of it before the inevitable... 

Union coach Jim Curtain blasted ATL coach Gabriel Heinze for poor sportsmanship and acting like a baby after the CCL Quarterfinal last night. It's just ironic because since ATL has come into the league every time they've played us especially in ATL it always goes United's way and they've always have had some floppers out there. Plus they kind of ripped off the Milan colors but added a Gold stripe to it. One of the first matches vs ATL in ATL Bedoya got straight red for the ATL player basically flopping in the PK area. 

All that aside there's sportsmanship in the end. Even if you feel the other club didn't act in that way at the very least try and be the better person in that regard when it comes to Heinze. Heinze doesn't seem credible complaining about incidents and then he doesn't follow sportsmanship himself. Don't be A Lebron/Brady when you lose dude 

"Philadelphia Union head coach Jim Curtin says Atlanta United head coach Gabriel Heinze refused to shake his hand after the match ended tonight.

“He's an incredible coach, he's an incredible player, but you can still be also a sore loser and be an a**hole at the end of the game...I still think there's a right way. I think he should shake hands like a man after the game."

Union coach Jim Curtain blasted ATL coach Gabriel Heinze for poor sportsmanship and acting like a baby after the CCL Quarterfinal last night. It's just ironic because since ATL has come into the league every time they've played us especially in ATL it always goes United's way and they've always have had some floppers out there. Plus they kind of ripped off the Milan colors but added a Gold stripe to it. One of the first matches vs ATL in ATL Bedoya got straight red for the ATL player basically flopping in the PK area. 

All that aside there's sportsmanship in the end. Even if you feel the other club didn't act in that way at the very least try and be the better person in that regard when it comes to Heinze. Heinze doesn't seem credible complaining about incidents and then he doesn't follow sportsmanship himself. Don't be A Lebron/Brady when you lose dude 

"Philadelphia Union head coach Jim Curtin says Atlanta United head coach Gabriel Heinze refused to shake his hand after the match ended tonight.

“He's an incredible coach, he's an incredible player, but you can still be also a sore loser and be an a**hole at the end of the game...I still think there's a right way. I think he should shake hands like a man after the game."
I don't think calling somebody a sore loser and  an ####### is sporting either.  Neither coach has much to hang their hats on here - Curtis was pointing a finger at Heinze on the field, Heinze was complaining to anybody who would listen - I'm not surprised Heinze didn't shake his hand after that - he's a hot head.

I don't think calling somebody a sore loser and  an ####### is sporting either.  Neither coach has much to hang their hats on here - Curtis was pointing a finger at Heinze on the field, Heinze was complaining to anybody who would listen - I'm not surprised Heinze didn't shake his hand after that - he's a hot head.
I talked about this in the Matchday thread but I will repeat here.  Curtin is arguably the most laid back and nicest guy you will ever see.  I have never seen him say boo about anyone in his career.

I think there had to have been a trigger here to cause Curtin to speak.

I talked about this in the Matchday thread but I will repeat here.  Curtin is arguably the most laid back and nicest guy you will ever see.  I have never seen him say boo about anyone in his career.

I think there had to have been a trigger here to cause Curtin to speak.
It was definitely heated on the sideline after and I have no doubt Heinze ran his mouth.

That hoodie, tho. Incredible.

United v Liverpool rescheduled for 5/13 and United will play 3 games in 5 days...

AV Sunday 5/9
Leicester 5/11
Liverpool 5/13
Fulham 5/18

From ESPN

===============

UEFA are ready to pursue severe disciplinary action against clubs that signed up to the Super League and have yet to sufficiently distance themselves from the project, multiple sources familiar with the situation have told ESPN.

This could result in the maximum punishment under the organization's disciplinary pathway, which is a two-year ban from the Champions League or Europa League.

UEFA have spent the past 10 days in conversation with the 12 clubs in an effort to agree a lesser sanction and extract a formal definitive commitment not to pursue the Super League effort. As of Wednesday, according to sources familiar with the situation, they had reached an understanding with seven clubs: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur. Inter Milan were close to an agreement as well, according to sources, though none has yet been reached.

The remaining four clubs -- Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona and AC Milan -- have so far stuck to their positions and could face the UEFA disciplinary process for, among other things, violating Article 51 of the statutes, which states that "No combinations or alliances between... clubs affiliated, directly or indirectly, to different UEFA Member Associations may be formed without the permission of UEFA."

Users who are viewing this thread