What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (12 Viewers)

Big news in the Blind Ref household.....

1.  Peloton bike is arriving this afternoon between 12 and 3.  So I'll probably be running less in 2021.

2.  Heading to Aruba from 12/23 to 12/31.  I can't wait to get to run in 80 degrees.  Cheap flights and hotel on points made this a no brainer (other than obviously COVID nervousness.)  We all have our N95 masks for the flight. 

3.  My sister is a physician and on Saturday she got the vaccine.  It was cool to see hope starting to spread around the vaccine.  I hope it continues.  Guessing @gianmarco will be the first to get vaccinated in this group, unless @tri-man 47 fits in the elderly care age group.  :D
I can't remember if I got it or not.

Actually, mrs. tri and I will be in the next wave.

Still July since the Mesa Marathon is postponed.  Might look at some other races for March, but a brief search wasn't promising for candidates.  This is probably the best one at this point.  Same weekend as we had planned, although she's behind in her training due to illness/work/continued IT band issues.  So I don't think it'll happen.

Oak Island
Milwaukee is supposed to be happening in April... :whistle:

If Keenen Allen plays tonight, you most definitely have to play him. 
This was awful advice, btw.

Doesn't matter, though. Thanks to no-shows by pretty much everybody on my team except Lamar, it didn't matter who I started.  :shrug:  The fantasy gods picked a hell of a time to hand me my biggest loss of the year, and the icing on the cake was my vaunted Rams defense getting throttled by the Jets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still July since the Mesa Marathon is postponed.  Might look at some other races for March, but a brief search wasn't promising for candidates.  This is probably the best one at this point.  Same weekend as we had planned, although she's behind in her training due to illness/work/continued IT band issues.  So I don't think it'll happen.

Oak Island
It would be awesome if you had a friend running one in March. You could just run it with him. 

have a lot of miles to get in to try to get back to where I was but it is starting to come back slowly but surely. still need to get out there just a little more often and then work on increasing the distance but I am getting back to having some fun. still being a bit of a wimp and running to the treadmill too much but figure that is better than not running at all... 

going to have to talk one of you into kicking me in the butt often to make sure I follow the 'plan' and not slide backwards. 

I has it. 
🎶 Get well get well soon, we wish you to get well 🎶 

seriously hope it’s just a brief response/reaction. We are rolling vaccine out to skilled nursing residents and employees starting tomorrow and built coverage in for days if staff has ‘day after’ effects. 

Have run 13 out of the last 15 days.  So it looks like that two week period has turned things around. Feeling pretty good right now.

Plan is to continue to do 6 days a week. Mentality has been to just run whatever feels good that day. And so far that has worked.  Been doing runs within runs. Last night started out slow and was planning an easy run, but then saw a guy coming up on me and pull even across the street on the other sidewalk.

Decided to smoke him, so ramped up to a 7:30 pace for .6 of a mile to leave him behind. That was fun.

Anyway, want to do somewhere between 25-30 miles a week for the foreseeable future.

One day at a time.  

Have run 13 out of the last 15 days.  So it looks like that two week period has turned things around. Feeling pretty good right now.

Plan is to continue to do 6 days a week. Mentality has been to just run whatever feels good that day. And so far that has worked.  Been doing runs within runs. Last night started out slow and was planning an easy run, but then saw a guy coming up on me and pull even across the street on the other sidewalk.

Decided to smoke him, so ramped up to a 7:30 pace for .6 of a mile to leave him behind. That was fun.

Anyway, want to do somewhere between 25-30 miles a week for the foreseeable future.

One day at a time.  
I'm not quite there yet but trying to get there. I'm trying to just run what feels good too. It's only been 3 days a week so far lately but that is better than 1 or 0. Just want to get to running 4 to 6 days a week and get up to 25-30 miles a week or so. If I can just make it a habit and get some miles in, I'll worry about more if and when the world starts to open back up. Really just need to start shedding some pounds again since I've been slowly adding them back over the last year. 

gruecd said:
Oh yeah, still no baby.  It should come to me as no surprise that a child living inside my wife wouldn't be early.  Probably won't be on time, either. 
Get used to it.

And congrats!

I love strava sometimes. 

Finally got to the big 100² miles. It's cool to look back at the log and see the place we've been, the good and the bad. It's like an easy journal for memories. I didn't remember that my first run wasn't from home, but while I was in a 4 month course in Virginia. I'm pretty sure I only joined because of some of you crazies. ❤️🤍💙

Users who are viewing this thread