What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (10 Viewers)

Wednesday April 21st 9 miles, calf/high ankle pain

6 days rest

Wednesday April 28th 7 miles,  still sore

Rest day

Friday April 30th 7 miles and I was a little disappointed when I got home because I felt like I could keep going.  Still some soreness but it doesn't seem as concerning anymore 

This is the first time I felt like I fully know this 7 mile route and knew when i was getting close to the hills and how far I was into the run. It helps.  I think I can make 7 miles my normal run instead of my long run now. The caterpillar/accordion approach seems to be working, I would love to get to the point where I'm just running for an hour or so most days and take a rest day or two before I increase my long run much more. 

I think 420 for the day and 5000 for the month is a good place to stop. Congrats @SteelCurtainon the win. My weekly poker game is about to start and I’m going to be driving 5 hours tomorrow.
Ha ha.  I actually was going for 4500 at the beginning of the week and then decided I'd make a run at 5000. 

THEN....I saw you posted today it was a competition.  Then, my competitive juices started going. 

I'll probably do a few more to get to a nice round number of some sort.  Or some solid average. 

Arms, shoulders, chest are all feeling it though.  Can only bang out 20 at a time.  Then I rest.  Then another 20.  Then rest.  Then 10.    Then a longer rest and back at it again.

Congrats to everyone who played along.  Thanks to @gruecd for setting it up.  If he doesn't mind, I think I'll keep adding to my totals through May on there as well.  I certainly won't do as many as this month, but I think the accountability is good for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really solid run today, 10 miles starting at 8:00 for the first one and working my way down to 6:51/6:34/6:22 for the last three.  More importantly, the knee felt not only pain-free, but also totally normal.  I drove an hour yesterday to see an awesome new massage therapist, and I suspect that had something to do with today's performance.  Granted, the last few miles were a nice, gradual downhill, but it legit felt almost effortless until the last half-mile or so.

Monday will mark the start of a focused 12-week training block for J&J.  I feel like I'm probably in 3:05-3:07 shape right now (given good weather), and I really want to shoot for sub-3 (ideally sub-2:58:29), so I've got my work cut out for me.  Coach says we'll probably do a little less volume this cycle but with more focus on speed, maxing out around 55 miles versus my normal 65.  Personally, I'm good with only one 20-miler, a couple of 18s, and a bunch of quality 16-milers with SoS.  I also want to drop about 10 pounds, which shouldn't be a big deal over 12 weeks as long as I'm mindful of what I'm eating.

I'm looking forward to the challenge of getting after it again!  :boxing:     

Really solid run today, 10 miles starting at 8:00 for the first one and working my way down to 6:51/6:34/6:22 for the last three.  More importantly, the knee felt not only pain-free, but also totally normal.  I drove an hour yesterday to see an awesome new massage therapist, and I suspect that had something to do with today's performance.  Granted, the last few miles were a nice, gradual downhill, but it legit felt almost effortless until the last half-mile or so.

Monday will mark the start of a focused 12-week training block for J&J.  I feel like I'm probably in 3:05-3:07 shape right now (given good weather), and I really want to shoot for sub-3 (ideally sub-2:58:29), so I've got my work cut out for me.  Coach says we'll probably do a little less volume this cycle but with more focus on speed, maxing out around 55 miles versus my normal 65.  Personally, I'm good with only one 20-miler, a couple of 18s, and a bunch of quality 16-milers with SoS.  I also want to drop about 10 pounds, which shouldn't be a big deal over 12 weeks as long as I'm mindful of what I'm eating.

I noticed that run this morning...kick ###. And most importantly great to hear the knee is feeling ok. Looking forward to seeing what skinny gru is going to do

Same. Feel free to shoot me over that training plan. 

Glad the knee’s feeling better.

I’m in, Tri-man’s out.
Yup.  Leg is doing better, but I don't dare push a long race pace and create a problem that might linger for several weeks.  Was going to test the leg with an easy long run after cutting the grass this a.m., but then I got invited to go hang out with my son and the grandsons for the bulk of the day (while DIL was out).  I chose to hang with the little uns.

Yup.  Leg is doing better, but I don't dare push a long race pace and create a problem that might linger for several weeks.  Was going to test the leg with an easy long run after cutting the grass this a.m., but then I got invited to go hang out with my son and the grandsons for the bulk of the day (while DIL was out).  I chose to hang with the little uns.
Like/cry emoji.

Good choice, GB...but yeah- bummer you're not firing on all cylinders.

So, for those that haven't been to this thread, my son is starting an e-commerce site to sell fishing lures. We are just about done, and @Ned mentioned his son has done an e-commerce site as well selling paracord items. I ordered a camera strap that came today, and I will tell you guys in all honesty this thing is awesome. Very well made and well worth the money.

The product showed up today and I was very impressed with the quality of the product. So solid.

So anyway, I open the box and I am treated to:

This awesomeness

:lmao:

I literally laughed my ### off in the garage. I had to explain the whole story to the wife and kids.

Kudos Ned.  :bow:

So, for those that haven't been to this thread, my son is starting an e-commerce site to sell fishing lures. We are just about done, and @Ned mentioned his son has done an e-commerce site as well selling paracord items. I ordered a camera strap that came today, and I will tell you guys in all honesty this thing is awesome. Very well made and well worth the money.

The product showed up today and I was very impressed with the quality of the product. So solid.

So anyway, I open the box and I am treated to:

This awesomeness

:lmao:

I literally laughed my ### off in the garage. I had to explain the whole story to the wife and kids.

Kudos Ned.  :bow:
:lol:

How many takes did you need there? Who got roped into doing the camera (nice zooming in). And I assume the rest of the family was involved in lighting, key grip and holding the boom for that.

You go get some @Juxtatarot. And remember, when it's getting hard at the end, how you've got a pair of Oofos just waiting for your feet when you're done.
Running is great you don't even need to buy any equipment you just run it's so natural also you need a watch obviously and you should go to the expensive store and get fitted for great shoes and replace them often also if you are serious you need a watch that is a heart rate monitor but you also need another heart rate monitor for your chest strap because it's so much more accurate but you need the watch because it tells you that you are running and can play music if you buy these bone conductor headphones that you'll need to replace when one falls out of your ear but also you should get strava and pay for the premium and don't forget your ####### pedicure sandals because after a long run you have to treat yo self and then you can spend #### tons of money signing up for races and traveling to them and they'll give you a medal you won't wear or anything but you'll have it and that's nice but you'll probably want a place to store your medal even if it's just a participation trophy it still means you did it and you can get printed photos of you crossing the finish line too so you have lots of memories and now do you see why I hate you recruiters

Running is great you don't even need to buy any equipment you just run it's so natural also you need a watch obviously and you should go to the expensive store and get fitted for great shoes and replace them often also if you are serious you need a watch that is a heart rate monitor but you also need another heart rate monitor for your chest strap because it's so much more accurate but you need the watch because it tells you that you are running and can play music if you buy these bone conductor headphones that you'll need to replace when one falls out of your ear but also you should get strava and pay for the premium and don't forget your ####### pedicure sandals because after a long run you have to treat yo self and then you can spend #### tons of money signing up for races and traveling to them and they'll give you a medal you won't wear or anything but you'll have it and that's nice but you'll probably want a place to store your medal even if it's just a participation trophy it still means you did it and you can get printed photos of you crossing the finish line too so you have lots of memories and now do you see why I hate you recruiters
you should do tris...

Users who are viewing this thread