What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (7 Viewers)

My favorable opinion on afternoon running is well documented, but I really wanted to race late Sat morning. I'm not even sure I'll have dry conditions Sat afternoon. I'm currently debating between Saturday evening and just waiting til Sunday. But I also really want a few zoom cocktails Saturday night.

I am growing compelled to go tomorrow morning as I see very lovely 40* no wind before 8am.  If Saturday storm moves faster, the wind would join the rain in early hours of the morn. I am a little worried about traction on the 2 wood bridges I cross on planned route in the wet. Also never ran hard in Vaporflys and also never in wet conditions, not sure on traction. Perhaps at 5k pace they actually take flight. 

Plan for me is to run early Saturday (likely pre-sunrise).  Same course as this morning.  Start at 1km in.  Temp forecast (50F) isn't as cool as I would like (40F).  Wind will be light and out of the NE.  So most of my run will be a slight cross/tailwind.  Rest day tomorrow and plenty of Naproxen.  Don't have my beet juice shots here in DFW, though.  Maybe some Mountain Dew pre-race!

Goal is 22:30 -- but I have no idea what to expect.  I haven't tried 5K pace in ages.  Could be 23:30 and could be 22:00.  We'll see.

I'd be up for Zoom drinks Sat eve, if we can do it not too late!

My favorable opinion on afternoon running is well documented, but I really wanted to race late Sat morning. I'm not even sure I'll have dry conditions Sat afternoon. I'm currently debating between Saturday evening and just waiting til Sunday. But I also really want a few zoom cocktails Saturday night.
Do the Saturday cocktails and race Sunday. It'll be fine. And don't sleep much.

Do the Saturday cocktails and race Sunday. It'll be fine. And don't sleep much.
I did this Senior year of high school. We called it 'The Experiment.' Will drinking and going to bed late the night before a race impact performance? Through 2 miles I was on PR pace. The next thing I remembered my coaches were peeling me off the side of the course some time later.

I did this Senior year of high school. We called it 'The Experiment.' Will drinking and going to bed late the night before a race impact performance? Through 2 miles I was on PR pace. The next thing I remembered my coaches were peeling me off the side of the course some time later.
One time isn't proof of anything.  You should find out if those results still hold true.

Originally I was hoping for today, but work schedule is rough and the wind is up a bit, so tentative plan is tomorrow around lunch.  We're not supposed to get any real rain until later in the day - hope it is not wet.

They would be the three that put privacy deals on their accounts so in order to see their workouts I HAD to follow them. 
Hmmm...

Didn't mean to call you out or anything.  I just found it an interesting trio.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't like having a massive feed when I first log into strava. I like to find my workouts first, and then go to the Club feed to see what everyone else is doing.

Just personal preference, that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't like having a massive feed when I first log into strava. I like to find my workouts first, and then go to the Club feed to see what everyone else is doing.

Just personal preference, that's all.
You know there's a tab where you can see only your stuff, right?  It's one tap away.

Zasada said:
@Juxtatarot you just ran a 5K this morning at a pace that you used to scope the course.  That's the same pace I hope to achieve when I'm running at 100%!  Hah.  #BMF.
Yeah, he just laid this out there all la-di-da style:

juxt: I'm just gonna go out for an easy 5k right on the nose at a pace of 7:13 and won't even break a sweat just to make sure the guys know my 5k route is cool but all the while I'm strutting my stuff out there at a HR of 92 for this run after which I went home and crushed some bacon eggs and toast

Yeah, he just laid this out there all la-di-da style:

juxt: I'm just gonna go out for an easy 5k right on the nose at a pace of 7:13 and won't even break a sweat just to make sure the guys know my 5k route is cool but all the while I'm strutting my stuff out there at a HR of 92 for this run after which I went home and crushed some bacon eggs and toast
136 HR and I don't eat breakfast.

Users who are viewing this thread