What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (15 Viewers)

Looks like right about 22 minutes on the nose.
So I put them into Excel so I could see tenths of a second on the average pace.  Right now we're at 6:32.4, and Team Juxt is at 6:35.5.  By my math, if Mrs. @gianmarco runs 21:58 or slower, we lose by literally a fraction of a second.  She needs to run at least 21:55 to salvage a tie, and 21:54 or better (7:03/mile) to bring home the win.

For those not in attendance, @gianmarcowas very quiet the entire time. Then, every 5 minutes he would randomly shout (sometimes over others in a conversation) “Hey, @JShare87!” While pointing to him pouring his bottle of scotch into a glass. “Guess what number!?!?” Last count I remember was 5. That was shortly before he said @gruecd “sucked as a human.” To which our lovely host muted him. 😂🤣😂
Thank you for confirming the poker zoom only option rather than unsuccessfully trying to multi task was the right decision. 

These ####### Zoom Happy hours are going to be the death of me. I didn't even make it through the poker tournament because I needed to lie down. I just checked to see if it was still going and it's not.

For those not in attendance, @gianmarcowas very quiet the entire time. Then, every 5 minutes he would randomly shout (sometimes over others in a conversation) “Hey, @JShare87!” While pointing to him pouring his bottle of scotch into a glass. “Guess what number!?!?” Last count I remember was 5. That was shortly before he said @gruecd “sucked as a human.” To which our lovely host muted him. 😂🤣😂
Not falling for this "act" that gian was soooooo wasted last night.  Not buying what you guys are selling.

(or very possible I'm giving you yahoo's too much credit for devising and implementing a plan)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished.  Strava still uploading.  24 + change. I’ll write up later.  Just got done hyperventilating.  Deliberately started fast thinking “I need to push for 23:15 or 23:30.  No other option but pain.  Unfortunately, couldn’t sustain but still had my fastest time yet.

edit 23:58
Awesome work!

So I put them into Excel so I could see tenths of a second on the average pace.  Right now we're at 6:32.4, and Team Juxt is at 6:35.5.  By my math, if Mrs. @gianmarco runs 21:58 or slower, we lose by literally a fraction of a second.  She needs to run at least 21:55 to salvage a tie, and 21:54 or better (7:03/mile) to bring home the win.
Pretty amazing really.  I didn’t analyze the teams at all, just figured it wouldn’t end up too close (one way or another).  For it to be within seconds, let  alone you needing to calculate tenths, is remarkable.  

Pretty amazing really.  I didn’t analyze the teams at all, just figured it wouldn’t end up too close (one way or another).  For it to be within seconds, let  alone you needing to calculate tenths, is remarkable.  
So you guys know, that's almost exactly the time I figured she'd do and what she was shooting for before it actually became a necessity. 

Run will take place in about 4 hours.

:popcorn:

Good thing I'm not running, I could drag the team average down by a full minute.

:lmao:

Did I say that?  In what context?

For the record, I was playing in the FBG poker tournament.  I completely sucked out runner runner like twice in a row, took a big chip lead (I think), then laid down on my bed never to return and timed out the rest of the tournament. 

I was a mess last night.

So is anyone on Team Juxt warming up in the bullpen to become a legend?  Depending on the Mrs., someone taking 15 seconds off could be the difference.

Doesn't look like much in the way of wind aided today other than the Great Lakes region.

So is anyone on Team Juxt warming up in the bullpen to become a legend?  Depending on the Mrs., someone taking 15 seconds off could be the difference.

Doesn't look like much in the way of wind aided today other than the Great Lakes region.
Or on Team Grue, for that matter.  This is insane.

She now knows the situation.  She doesn't usually like that kind of pressure.  Will be interesting to see how she steps up.

I'm starting to think there's a delayed benefit in racing. 

Yesterday's run sucked big time, but today's ride on the trainer felt great, decent power numbers at a relatively easy effort.  

Has anyone else noticed a nice benefit ~72 hours after a hard but short effort? I might have been tapering wrong for years. Of course this wasn't a race, further testing is required.

I was counting on you or @SteelCurtain since you had the earliest runs  :thumbup:

For the record, I was playing in the FBG poker tournament.  I completely sucked out runner runner like twice in a row, took a big chip lead (I think), then laid down on my bed never to return and timed out the rest of the tournament. 

I was a mess last night.
:rolleyes:

Pretty sure 15 seconds would kill me and also anyone inside a 20’ exploding radius

What's her PR? or expected time?
Her PR is 23:00.  Her listed expected time on here is 22:30.  Prior to knowing what she needed, I was shooting for 22 for her.

She's in better shape and that was on a hot day.  She's never gotten into the 6's.  That's what is driving her more than this, TBH.  I think she has sub 22 in her but it's going to be close. 

Yesterday's run sucked big time, but today's ride on the trainer felt great, decent power numbers at a relatively easy effort.  

Has anyone else noticed a nice benefit ~72 hours after a hard but short effort? I might have been tapering wrong for years. Of course this wasn't a race, further testing is required.
I always used to do that when I was doing TT events.  Hill sprint work is a great option the week of an event.  You can get in some redline efforts without risking injury.

rest days are what do it IMO. So glorious. 

@Juxtatarot - how much time to we need to shave to makeup for any gian shenanigans?
:wub:

I didn't want to mention you when i replied to DrZ b/c your HR seemed concerning on your kick ### run. But, you certainly are in the mix for some bad assery.

• Sad
Reactions: JAA

I have one anecdote about that.  I run a turkey trot 5K the Saturday after Thanksgiving every year.  One year I overdid it playing Thanksgiving football against my nephews (ran a bunch of fly patterns, etc.)  Legs were sore as I warmed up for the race and felt a little stiff, but I actually ran a really strong race.  Since then, I've been under the assumption that a little bit of hard effort (probably less than I actually did) is probably somewhat beneficial.

I always used to do that when I was doing TT events.  Hill sprint work is a great option the week of an event.  You can get in some redline efforts without risking injury.
You should so run. I mean, look in the mirror tough guy. Their ain’t #### that could stop you

Just finished.  Strava still uploading.  24 + change. I’ll write up later.  Just got done hyperventilating.  Deliberately started fast thinking “I need to push for 23:15 or 23:30.  No other option but pain."  Unfortunately, couldn’t sustain but still had my fastest time yet.

edit 23:58
You know, you should rightfully be the pride of the @Otis diet thread.  With the match on the line and all the pressure on you, you go out and nail a big PR, putting full pressure on TeamGrue and setting us up for a possible win.  That's some serious ballin'.  Way to go!!!

Her PR is 23:00.  Her listed expected time on here is 22:30.  Prior to knowing what she needed, I was shooting for 22 for her.

She's in better shape and that was on a hot day.  She's never gotten into the 6's.  That's what is driving her more than this, TBH.  I think she has sub 22 in her but it's going to be close. 
I don't know her training volume, but I expect her to have another level mile 3 and bring it home. 21:41?

I felt pretty good on Friday before the DOMS hit, even knocked out a big Peloton PR. Feel like dog#### today though. Doing a PZE ride as we speak, and Z3 feels way harder than it should.

Considering it, though it'd be a late afternoon run (not my favorite).  So many of you guys already nailed big PRs.

I was a mess last night.
I don’t remember the context but whatever it was, I doubt saying he sucked as a human was warranted. Funny as hell but unnecessary.

I don't know her training volume, but I expect her to have another level mile 3 and bring it home. 21:41?
She's been below 30 miles just once since the beginning of December when she only did 25 the week of Christmas while on call.  She's in great shape.

She's been at 35+ for months.

Users who are viewing this thread