What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (5 Viewers)

Mile 9 -- 8:11 (HR 149)

Mile 10 -- 8:08 (HR 162)

Mile 11 -- 8:01 (HR 158)

Mile 12 -- 7:58 ( HR 155)

Mile 13 -- 8:22 (HR 161)

Overall -- 8:07 (HR 151), 378' elevation

Last edited by a moderator:
Mile 14 -- 8:13 (HR 168)

Mile 15 -- 8:14 (HR 167)

Mile 16 -- 8:15 (HR 169)

Mile 17 -- 8:18 (HR 165)

Mile 18 -- 8:20 (HR 169)

I don't think he's going to enjoy the rest of this race. We probably shouldn't call :(

Mile 19 -- 8:34 (HR 169)

Mile 20 -- 8:13 (HR 169)

Mile 21 -- 8:26 (HR 169)

Mile 22 -- 8:34 (HR 170)

Mile 23 -- 8:35 (HR 170)

Mile 24 -- 8:37 (HR 168)

Mile 25 -- 8:44 (HR 168)

Overall:  8:16, HR 159, 763' elevation

Come on, big fella, bring it home.  Last 5 miles!!

Mile 19 -- 8:34 (HR 169)

Mile 20 -- 8:13 (HR 169)

Mile 21 -- 8:26 (HR 169)

Mile 22 -- 8:34 (HR 170)

Mile 23 -- 8:35 (HR 170)

Mile 24 -- 8:37 (HR 168)

Mile 25 -- 8:44 (HR 168)

Overall:  8:16, HR 159, 763' elevation

Come on, big fella, bring it home.  Last 5 miles!!
Damn that’s pretty solid! Get you some you  magnificent beast!

Mile 26 -- 9:22 (HR 165)

Mile 27 -- 9:08 (HR 164)

Mile 28 -- 8:37 (HR 168)

Mile 29 -- 9:57 (HR 163)

Less than 2 miles to go!

Just posted on Strava.  5:14/km, 8:25/mi.  Crushed it.  Hoping that was good enough to win.
I hope he doesn't come up just short - if it was true head to head, he would've known how deep into the pain cave he had to go.  Tough to know how much misery to put yourself through vs. an unknown foe.  Either way, it's a beastly impressive effort.

Pretty sure I took second. Obviously came out a little too hot. That dude I was talking about came up on me around mile 6 and introduced himself...then proceeded to smoke me. Tried keeping him in sight for a while, which was a mistake. Last 2 smaller loops had some nasty hills. Only walked 3 hills the whole race though.

Pretty sure I took second. Obviously came out a little too hot. That dude I was talking about came up on me around mile 6 and introduced himself...then proceeded to smoke me. Tried keeping him in sight for a while, which was a mistake. Last 2 smaller loops had some nasty hills. Only walked 3 hills the whole race though.
Dude.  Nice effort.  I ran a half marathon at that pace today and felt shot.  Can’t imagine an ultra right now.

One other thing......i think it’s cool you pushed it and tried to stay with him.  That was probably the most “race like” feel you had during the whole time.  

seriously, you are a beast.
In awe of this and grues effort today...especially so close to that last ultra. Hardware!

Strava says 1,571 feet of gain. There were really only 2 big hills on the outside loop, but the whole course was rolling.

And yeah, not technical at all, but I somehow managed to trip (but not fall, thankfully) on the same tree root three times. 

Yeah, I read the trepidation in this thread about the early pacing before I went out on my run, and figured given your experience there had to be a story behind it.  That makes sense - while maybe not the "smart" thing, I don't see how anyone could fault you for trying to hang with the potential winner if you thought it was within the realm of possibility.

Baller effort for that distance. You did pretty good too. 

@JShare87 - another busy Saturday. 10 rough miles in the books this morning, but got it done almost at the same pace as @gruecd. After that:

Farmers Market - weather still holding so a pretty good bounty still

Did leaves for an older lady friend of the family

Sante Fe Cafe - bacon, eggs, hash browns, and sourdough toast

Ace Hardware - A NEW RAKE!!!!!! BOOYAH!

Back home to split wood for the fireplace. More leaf pick up. Watching some Masters golf now and gonna grill up some pork medallions and fry some taters and onions on the grill later.

Having a cold beer and a toast to @gruecd for a guy who grabbed this Covid thing by the balls and created his own agenda this fall. THAT’S what a #BMFer does. Just an awesome display by him for the last month or two.

:hifive:

:banned:

Damn, a white spinner bait into that mess would be a good day. Did you bring your fishing rod?
Love me a nice white spinner bait. Caught 26 largemouth in one day with a white spinner once. That’s been my go-to ever since.

That was us yesterday.  There was no break in it.  30's, low 40's all day with rain, intermittent thunderstorms, and ridiculous wind.  Combined after a night of work and yesterday just didn't happen.  Today, while it'll still be windy, 2pm is looking like 51, sunny, and 19mph.  Just waiting.....

On my run this am, got to thinking about gru and his insane couple ultras and impending baby....made me feel good and hopeful after this miserable year.

Good things happen- whether fortuitously or planned (babies)- and good things come to those that work hard for them (ultras...or whatever goal driven thing).

Just need to break this grip of complacency, accept and see the good things, and push to better myself. 

Also...busted out and dusted off the fuel belt and threw in a couple 7oz bottles for the run this morning just to try it out. 

Got a block away and turned around. I'm sure the elastic hasnt aged well, but I don't remember it bouncing so much. The no-bounce was why I got it in the first place....but this was not gonna work for me. Hell...a negative on my new hokas- the laces are weirdly long and flap around while running. Have to tuck them into themselves for the run.

In other words, ignore my previous post.

So after getting home from the race yesterday, throwing back a burger and fries from Culver’s, and lying in bed for a couple hours to “recombobulate,” I ended up driving 3+ hours round trip to IKEA in Schaumburg to get a few things for the baby’s closet that weren’t available at the Milwaukee store. 😫🔫

Got back home around 10pm, then back up bright and early this morning to remove wire shelving from the same closet, patch holes, etc.

But at least I'll (hopefully) get to watch the Packer game in peace.

Legs feel decent today. I’d prob take the dog for a longer-than-usual walk to flush out the crap, but the weather is awful here, too. Might hop on the Peloton for a super easy spin instead.

Yup, on the podium.  And miles ahead of third.  Nice work, #BMF.

Up and at ‘em for a run this morning. Shooting for 10 miles. Anyone else running this morning?
Went out with my friend this morning to the trails.  Almost right away I could feel that running 90+ km weeks in five of the last six was catching up to me.  I was hoping to get at least 18km in, to hit 100km for the week.  But as I ran through the second trail loop my legs really started to fade, and by the end of the second I was rocking a little limp and running at a snail's pace.  My friend smartly advised me to call it a day rather than add a third loop, and I did.  No 100km week, but hopefully I also avoided an injury.  

As of this morning, I'm only 9km behind my 2,500mi pace for 2020.  That was 140km behind in September.  Fingers crossed I can stay healthy and motivated through the last 7 weeks of the year.  Only need to maintain 78km/week to hit the goal.

I just saw this topic.  I wish I saw it earlier! Can you guys help my son and sign this position to save Clemson men’s track?  They are trying to cut it which would start a chain reaction across the country.  We need to get this overturned!!  Thanks!  https://www.change.org/p/dan-radakovich-reinstate-clemson-university-s-men-s-track-and-xc-program?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_25685878_en-US%3A6&recruiter=1161778603&recruited_by_id=607dbfc0-1fa9-11eb-b05c-4d54d9115da2&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_abi&utm_term=petition_dashboard

I just saw this topic.  I wish I saw it earlier! Can you guys help my son and sign this position to save Clemson men’s track?  They are trying to cut it which would start a chain reaction across the country.  We need to get this overturned!!  Thanks!  https://www.change.org/p/dan-radakovich-reinstate-clemson-university-s-men-s-track-and-xc-program?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_25685878_en-US%3A6&recruiter=1161778603&recruited_by_id=607dbfc0-1fa9-11eb-b05c-4d54d9115da2&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_abi&utm_term=petition_dashboard
Done.

Sad days in the US world of education...

So...."Race" Week for the ChiefD Thankful For My Blessings Run.

Going to treat this like a normal race week. Will run the next three days and then take Thursday and Friday off for fresh legs for Saturday. Diet will be on point this week.

Plotted out the course this morning on Map My Run, and it is basically my normal 10 mile route with the extra mileage. Relatively flat course, but gently rolling hills throughout.  I am in no way fit enough to "race" this Saturday - plan is to go out and run this strictly by heart rate. 

My normal half-marathon heart rate zone is 170-180 bpm, so going to leave HR on my watch and let that be my guide. There may be walking involved at the end, but that's ok. Gonna carry my own water and a backpack of chews, so should be good there.

The only hitch in the giddy up is the weather - calling for rain here Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully that pushes out a day because the temps are really good here right now. 

Good luck to all that are participating.  :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread