Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

there's the previously posted stuff lingering in the Reply box (cleared with "clear editor" when it's visible).

but then there's also the multiple post thing... which I can't figure out at all. I've sussed out when it happens if I'm posting at the end of the page and hit post again when I don't actually see the reply... but that's not the only time it happens. 

• Replies 87k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, Memphis Foundry said:

Thanks, @DA RAIDERS@mr furley , and @cosjobs -- my best guess so far is that the forums fire off some sort of javascript to clear out the saved contents of your editor after the reply is posted, and because of the size of this thread, that script is either timing out or not getting fired.

I know that the rich text editor that Invision uses saves its contents to your browser's local storage to reduce the chance of you losing a long post by accident. But it is supposed to clear the editor out once the server confirms to the client that you've successfully replied. 

I'll check with Invision.

2019-02-04 (1).png

Embedded images?  What is this sorcery?

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, ffjunk said:

Just sent it back. I thought it was some honest person sending it back to me cause I venmoed the wrong person. Nice italian name i have too.

the nice person was sending it from inside their house

so, about 7 years ago after my bank got sold and my job was being terminated, i interviewed with another bank for a job.  got a couple of rounds of interviews, but got beat up about my experience on my last interview.  i was kind of talked down to a bit.  fast forward to today, i am real happy where i am, but saw that same bank hiring for the job again.  i am going thru the process in the hopes they offer me the job and i can jerk them around then turn them down.  i have no intention of working there.

• Like 10
  • Laughing 2
8 minutes ago, Chemical X said:

so, about 7 years ago after my bank got sold and my job was being terminated, i interviewed with another bank for a job.  got a couple of rounds of interviews, but got beat up about my experience on my last interview.  i was kind of talked down to a bit.  fast forward to today, i am real happy where i am, but saw that same bank hiring for the job again.  i am going thru the process in the hopes they offer me the job and i can jerk them around then turn them down.  i have no intention of working there.

spite is a powerful emotion, though it takes a lot of energy.  

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

spite is a powerful emotion, though it takes a lot of energy.  

yeah, what's interesting is that I didn't hold a grudge or care much, cause that place is a mess.  I haven't sent a resume out in years, but saw the spot and wanted to see if actually got a call.  the same people are still there.  I don't mind spite for limited energy and engagement.

2 hours ago, -fish- said:

I don't think that the clear editor option always shows up for everyone.   I used to have to post then delete the post to get rid of the text.   One day the "clear editor" option showed up on my phone.   I don't know if it's a browser issue or a device issue, but it isn't always there.

on your phone, once a month or so, go into your browser and delete all cookies.   delete everything that isn't needed.  this helps also

sorry to dump this here, but I need  some post therapy

I mentioned a while back that my sis had cancer, but the radiation and chemo cleared her of cancer in November. I got a text Saturday night that she wanted to do a conference call with me and my nephew Sunday morning.

Long story short, cancer came raging back in a hurry and at this point they are focusing on trying to ease her pain and palliative care in hospice. Now now three of my five family members  are on hospice. The only one besides me not expected to die within six months is my 71 year old brother who lives as a pauper in Cambodia. 

I really need to spend as much time as I can with my sister in Boston these final days, but that means leaving my parents on hospice on hold without me. Mom and Dad could hang on for quite a while (or not), but the expiration on my sister seems much more imminent. On the other hand, my sis has a strong network of friend s to provide comfort, aid, and assistance while my parents have just me. But on the other hand, my sister is fully aware of my presence and my parents are only in the moment.

Sister is only 67, four years older than I.  Mom had cancer, too, along time ago and beat it. Fortunately, none of the males in my family have had it. Knock on wood.

• Sad 9
5 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

I mentioned a while back that my sis had cancer, but the radiation and chemo cleared her of cancer in November. I got a text Saturday night that she wanted to do a conference call with me and my nephew Sunday morning.

Long story short, cancer came raging back in a hurry and at this point they are focusing on trying to ease her pain and palliative care in hospice. Now now three of my five family members  are on hospice. The only one besides me not expected to die within six months is my 71 year old brother who lives as a pauper in Cambodia. 

I really need to spend as much time as I can with my sister in Boston these final days, but that means leaving my parents on hospice on hold without me. Mom and Dad could hang on for quite a while (or not), but the expiration on my sister seems much more imminent. On the other hand, my sis has a strong network of friend s to provide comfort, aid, and assistance while my parents have just me. But on the other hand, my sister is fully aware of my presence and my parents are only in the moment.

Sister is only 67, four years older than I.  Mom had cancer, too, along time ago and beat it. Fortunately, none of the males in my family have had it. Knock on wood.

dammit, man- so sorry to hear this Cos. all the best to you and your family. 

• Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, Chemical X said:

you had a bank? 

• Love 1
  • Thinking 1
18 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

I'm very sorry to hear this.  Please let us know if we can do anything to help.  We're here for you.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Memphis Foundry said:

Thanks, @DA RAIDERS@mr furley , and @cosjobs -- my best guess so far is that the forums fire off some sort of javascript to clear out the saved contents of your editor after the reply is posted, and because of the size of this thread, that script is either timing out or not getting fired.

I know that the rich text editor that Invision uses saves its contents to your browser's local storage to reduce the chance of you losing a long post by accident. But it is supposed to clear the editor out once the server confirms to the client that you've successfully replied. 

2019-02-04 (1).png

I've been having technical issues lately too.  It takes a long time for any post to actually post, plus I'm having the same problem as Furley in that old posts I quote keep showing up in my editor, which I have to clear before writing a new post.  I sent a PM to Clayton last week on Thursday but haven't hear back.  Maybe I should have sent it to you instead?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Binky The Doormat said:

I have noticed that there are very long delays after I hit "submit reply" ...like almost a minute delay, where I can do nothing else.  

Like you have a seizure?   Joe should definitely be looking into this.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Binky The Doormat said:

I have noticed that there are very long delays after I hit "submit reply" ...like almost a minute delay, where I can do nothing else.  

I get this a lot. I'm not sure it's just in this thread, either, but I'll try to pay more attention to that going forward( @Joe Bryant, that's what I was talking about with my comment the other day you questioned). I basically have to hit "send" and go away for a minute or two so I don't double post.

I also get the carry-over comments/quotes others have mentioned. I do the "clear editor" thing or highlight the cross over the quote and nuke it, but it's a pain to do that every time. This is also an issue that I don't know if is tied only to this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

Really sorry to hear Cos. #### cancer man!

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Same. Sometimes I get impatient and hit refresh where it makes me double post. 

I just posted in the gambling thread, and it took about 45 seconds for a 2 word post to go through.  Is this a feature?   Can we apply it to Tim?

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, Uruk-Hai said:

I get this a lot. I'm not sure it's just in this thread, either, but I'll try to pay more attention to that going forward( @Joe Bryant, that's what I was talking about with my comment the other day you questioned). I basically have to hit "send" and go away for a minute or two so I don't double post.

I also get the carry-over comments/quotes others have mentioned. I do the "clear editor" thing or highlight the cross over the quote and nuke it, but it's a pain to do that every time. This is also an issue that I don't know if is tied only to this thread.

Thanks. I've never seen it but you guys post more than I do. 

For sure when you do see it, please tag @Memphis Foundry and let him know exactly what you're seeing. That's going to be the best way to diagnose. Thanks. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Joe Bryant said:

Thanks. I've never seen it but you guys post more than I do. 

For sure when you do see it, please tag @Memphis Foundry and let him know exactly what you're seeing. That's going to be the best way to diagnose. Thanks. 

Sure thing. I just figured you had nothing to do and Keith was busy as usual 😉

For a while I was bragging about how my depression had abated as I got older. 

I'm not sure if I am depressed now or overwhelmed with justifiable sadness. I just don't give a #### anymore. Started drinking pretty heavily and smoking again. Pretty sure Prozac is giving me diarrhea. 

• Sad 3
1 minute ago, cosjobs said:

I'm not sure if I am depressed now or overwhelmed with justifiable sadness. I just don't give a #### anymore. Started drinking pretty heavily and smoking again. Pretty sure Prozac is giving me diarrhea. 

These can all be the same thing, Damon, but you know that already.

You didn't ask for advice, so I'll let that go.

2 minutes ago, Uruk-Hai said:

These can all be the same thing, Damon, but you know that already.

You didn't ask for advice, so I'll let that go.

I think depression in my early life was organic, but this seems externally driven. Never had much luck with the earlier kind, but maybe there's a magic pill for this round. :excited: 

i like pills

8 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

I think depression in my early life was organic, but this seems externally driven. Never had much luck with the earlier kind, but maybe there's a magic pill for this round. :excited: 

i like pills

I think your first sentence tracks with what I've experienced. 

I hate pills.

Damn, sorry cos.  

I enjoy drinking as much as the next guy but if you are doing it heavily due to depression please get some help.  Or at least come in here to talk about it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, shuke said:

Damn, sorry cos.  

I enjoy drinking as much as the next guy but if you are doing it heavily due to depression please get some help.  Or at least come in here to talk about it. 

Or start a thread where you rank beers and post music you like.  Then lash out at your cats for not carrying their own weight around the house.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Or start a thread where you rank beers and post music you like.  Then lash out at your cats for not carrying their own weight around the house.

I don't know. I'm so befuddled nowadays I'm drinking IPAs and liking them,

• Love 2
  • Sad 3
1 hour ago, cosjobs said:

Stop shoving it up your ###?

3 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

So sorry to hear all the #### going on, Damon. Really sucks.

At least we're getting close to baseball season.

and the Astros AAA club is moving from Fresno to ROund Rock

3 hours ago, cosjobs said:

Jesus Christ.  I’m sorry, man.  If there’s anything I can do I want to help. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jesus Christ.  I’m sorry, man.  If there’s anything I can do I want to help. 

7 hours ago, Memphis Foundry said:

2019-02-04 (1).png

I've noticed it happens mostly when I am replying to someone and then I decide not to post the reply. Going back into the same thread at a later time and trying to post or reply will bring up the previous typed out post. Could have been from a few minutes ago or could be from weeks ago at times.

My guess is that it's the board's way of trying to help out by saving and restoring a previous post thinking that I got interrupted from posting it previously. The catch is when the clear option doesn't show up and the only choice is to post it in order to clear it out.

Man cos, I'm so sorry. That's a whole lot of suck at once. I don't blame you for wanting to shut down in some way. Hopefully you can resist the urge to self-destruct. I think that you hold great value to many and any self-destructive behavior that diminishes that would be a tremendous shame.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, cosjobs said:

I know we don't "know" each other (although I do know you appear to be a world class chef), but I just want to say that I hurt for you and I also admire the hell out of you for your self-awareness and willingness to be vulnerable.  Great example for a dude like me.

• Like 8
14 minutes ago, facook said:

I know we don't "know" each other (although I do know you appear to be a world class chef), but I just want to say that I hurt for you and I also admire the hell out of you for your self-awareness and willingness to be vulnerable.  Great example for a dude like me.

This is a great post.  And as someone who has met cos, I'll confirm as would many others than he's just as fabulous as you suspect.

I'm really sorry GBcos and add to the others in an offer of any help I could give.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, cosjobs said:

F*** cancer. So sorry to hear

• Like 1

JFC, cos....that's a pretty bad beat, brother.  "Hang in there and I know you'll figure it out" sounds stupid and trite, but it's about the best I've got at present. :(  There's probably not a "right" answer, at least not 100% right, so I guess I'd go with whatever you're gut is telling you is best, or at minimum the thing you'll regret the least given circumstances.  If yours is telling you that you need to be with your sister, then I'd say do that and don't feel guilty about it.   But I'm just some rando from the innerwebz.

9 hours ago, shuke said:

Take it to the board software thread, nerds.  

8 hours ago, krista4 said:

Until now I thought the Super Bowl would be the most boring event of the week.

You say in a thread that had five pages of SquaresChatTM?

6 hours ago, cosjobs said:

Prozac is giving me diarrhea. 

Go on....

5 hours ago, cosjobs said:

I don't know. I'm so befuddled nowadays I'm drinking IPAs and liking them,

That's not befuddled....that's gross.

2 hours ago, krista4 said:

This is a great post.  And as someone who has met cos, I'll confirm as would many others than he's just as fabulous as you suspect.

Anywhere close to this?

• Like 2