Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

8 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

these kinds of shocks are strange how they can hit you - it often brings on a sense of our own mortality and how fragile life really is.  

I think that's it.  Thanks, GB.

(I'm still not putting those George songs any higher.)

• Like 1
  • Replies 87k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Posted Images

Washington snowpacalypse has been going on for a while.   I have a 4wd truck, so I've been driving a lot of people to grocery stores, work, etc.   Apparently the cold weather/ice/change in temperatures from driving around cracked a high pressure line on my power steering.   I've narrowed it down to one of two possible locations, but I can't tell because of all the snow, mud, water and steering fluid all over the place.   On top of that, a branch fell and hit my windshield and the tiny little crack it caused became a complete break all the way across the windshield overnight.   More snow next week, and I need to find someone that can find the leak, order the part and install it before then.  

6 hours ago, El Floppo said:
6 hours ago, -fish- said:

Oh and we're going to NYC from April 13-18 for spring break.   Would be happy to meet up with @El Floppo, @BobbyLayne or anyone else.   

I'll be here- would love to meet up. our spring break is the next week, so not sure what's going on yet while you're here.

Flop is my booking agent. He'll tell me where to show up & when.

Just now, El Floppo said:

so sorry, cos. 

its a good thing/mitzvah you're there for her. can't make it any easier on you though... lots of love, gb.

She had a great life. So many friends. But I'm the only one comfortable staying up all night

• Love 3

my older brother- who has probably called me less than 10 times in my life (once, leaving a surprise message to let me know our dad had died)- sent a text just now.

"not sure if you heard- huge mudslide in sausalito" (where mom lives)

me... :shock:  :scared:

immediately (but what felt like hours) followed up with "mom's fine and at home- not evacuated".

thanks for burying the lead, numbnuts.

Edited by El Floppo
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

my older brother- who has probably called me less than 10 times in my life (once, leaving a surprise message to let me know our dad had died)- sent a text just now.

"not sure if you heard- huge mudslide in sausalito" (where mom lives)

me... :shock:  :scared:

immediately (but what felt like hours) followed up with "mom's fine and at home- not evacuated".

thanks for burying the lead, numbnuts.

Did you leave for Frisco in your Rambler?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

My sister passed along about 20 minutes ago. My pain is acute, but my relief surpasses it. Such a kind and wonderful soul has left me and the world emptier than before.

RIP sis. Sorry for your loss, Cos.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

My sister passed along about 20 minutes ago. My pain is acute, but my relief surpasses it. Such a kind and wonderful soul has left me and the world emptier than before.

Love you, my brother.  I'm glad she's gotten relief from her pain.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, cosjobs said:

We are mortal. Love is eternal. It has to be. My deepest condolences.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, cosjobs said:

So sorry man. I'm glad you were able to be there.

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

Flop is my booking agent. He'll tell me where to show up & when.

20 hours ago, ScottNorwood said:

At me when it’s time for a NYC hang

Where TF were you two when scarfs COS and I cornholed?!?!

• Thinking 1
4 hours ago, cosjobs said:

Very sorry GB, very glad you were able to make it out to see her though. Toasting her tonight.

• Thanks 1