What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (17 Viewers)

krista4 said:
I was thinking Gig Harbor would be great, actually.  Location is fantastic for getting to a lot.  Bainbridge would be even better, but so much $$$.
getting to  a lot?

Let stay somewhere we won't have to get to because we'll be there.

I'm going to be in London for work in a couple of weeks.  While there I'm going to look into getting a government grant to develop my silly walk.  Do they still give grants for that?  I think I need at least $20k to fully develop it.

I'm going to be in London for work in a couple of weeks.  While there I'm going to look into getting a government grant to develop my silly walk.  Do they still give grants for that?  I think I need at least $20k to fully develop it.
1974 called.

they don't want their joke back.

And the hits keep coming.......... A good friend of mine died from complications from diabetes. Was on dialysis for 4 years, finally was in the top 10 for a kidney in Texas, and died before he could get one at age 48. No thropras needed. It was a surprise but not shocking as he really never took care of himself until it was too late.

Also, about to become homeless. We sold our house about a month ago, and have until April 5th to find something. As fast as condos come on the market they are scooped up before we can even see them. Three times this past week our realtor contacted me about condos that just got on the market. Set up an appt to see it and within hours get a call saying they have accepted offers. Apartments are few as well. Have an appt to see a town-home in a 55+ community on Weds. We'll see.... If nothing else we'll be living in a hotel for a few weeks. In the middle of all this, my wife had to have surgery last week to try and repair her incision from her hip replacement from this past July. She has two drains running out of her and packing has been on me. My daughter came over this weekend to help so that helped,  but I'll need to get more help as we have less than a month to be out of here.

I've never been this stressed in my life. Probably slept 3 hours the past two nights. 

Anyway, just needed to vent a little. 
Hey, I know it's a hike for you but my sister rents a condo off of Hwy 20 towards Racine. I know their tenants just left so if push comes to shove and you need an immediate place I can check on it for you. Thopras my man

And the hits keep coming.......... A good friend of mine died from complications from diabetes. Was on dialysis for 4 years, finally was in the top 10 for a kidney in Texas, and died before he could get one at age 48. No thropras needed. It was a surprise but not shocking as he really never took care of himself until it was too late.

Also, about to become homeless. We sold our house about a month ago, and have until April 5th to find something. As fast as condos come on the market they are scooped up before we can even see them. Three times this past week our realtor contacted me about condos that just got on the market. Set up an appt to see it and within hours get a call saying they have accepted offers. Apartments are few as well. Have an appt to see a town-home in a 55+ community on Weds. We'll see.... If nothing else we'll be living in a hotel for a few weeks. In the middle of all this, my wife had to have surgery last week to try and repair her incision from her hip replacement from this past July. She has two drains running out of her and packing has been on me. My daughter came over this weekend to help so that helped,  but I'll need to get more help as we have less than a month to be out of here.

I've never been this stressed in my life. Probably slept 3 hours the past two nights. 

Sorry, GB.  Sucks. :(

sorry pack.  Getting to that age.  Lost my best bud 3 years ago - tight since we were around 18.  

some kind of intestinal cancer - tough way to go.  

ETA:  blond-headed Mexican.  His dad looked like Zapata and his mom was full-blooded Hungarian, white-blonde hair, looked like Zsa Zsa Gabor.  

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry pack.  Getting to that age.  Lost my best bud 3 years ago - tight since we were around 18.  

ETA:  blond-headed Mexican.  His dad looked like Zapata and his mom was full-blooded Hungarian, white-blonde hair, looked like Zsa Zsa Gabor.  
Hey friend, you might wish to check on which "reaction" you chose to Pack's post. ;)

Pack, I'm so sorry.  I'm happy for you that you sold your house, though - that's good news!

This thread is great because you can vent, celebrate, commiserate, wallow and bust balls and sometimes all in one post.  It’s a community that I’m more of a voyeur than daily participant.  And that seems to be ok cuz I’m the neighbor that waves, picks up my dogs #### and who will drink a beer or three with you when time allows. 

Gueas that’s a long way of saying at tiime it feels good to spill your life on a message board or at least on this one. 

In light of Packs and Posty’s posts this I realize this is truly insignificant but will continue none the less   

Currently I have a bottle of bourbon between my legs and I’m comforting my dog in his last days   The decline came swiftly and He has stopped eating and can’t get stand up on his own.  If my wife and daughter were home he would be sniffing buttts and peeing on trees in the great beyond.

Life isn’t a movie script and rarely goes as planned so I’m drinking and crying and my wife will be home tomorrow to say her goodbyes.   

Many of you have been in the same position and know how much the realization the end has come hurts.

I’m scratching Max’s ear, pulling on the bottle and thankful for the last 13 years  

It was cathartic to type that out so no need for thoughts, prayers or anything else.  Thanks for indulging me.

This thread is great because you can vent, celebrate, commiserate, wallow and bust balls and sometimes all in one post.  It’s a community that I’m more of a voyeur than daily participant.  And that seems to be ok cuz I’m the neighbor that waves, picks up my dogs #### and who will drink a beer or three with you when time allows. 

Gueas that’s a long way of saying at tiime it feels good to spill your life on a message board or at least on this one. 

In light of Packs and Posty’s posts this I realize this is truly insignificant but will continue none the less   

Currently I have a bottle of bourbon between my legs and I’m comforting my dog in his last days   The decline came swiftly and He has stopped eating and can’t get stand up on his own.  If my wife and daughter were home he would be sniffing buttts and peeing on trees in the great beyond.

Life isn’t a movie script and rarely goes as planned so I’m drinking and crying and my wife will be home tomorrow to say her goodbyes.   

Many of you have been in the same position and know how much the realization the end has come hurts.

I’m scratching Max’s ear, pulling on the bottle and thankful for the last 13 years  

It was cathartic to type that out so no need for thoughts, prayers or anything else.  Thanks for indulging me.
sorry berndog, give that doggie something good to eat too.  

Losing a pet is never insignificant.  Sorry to hear, GB.

Sorry to hear, Bern.

Pack... Condolences on your friend. For housing, Can't you get girl wonder to sing your way in somewhere? Gl, gb.

You'll need to register w the dept of arguments first

Roverkid has been diagnosed with anorexia.   She'll be meeting with her nutritionist today, neuropsychologist tomorrow and sports medicine doc on Wednesday to help make a decision as to whether she's going to a residential treatment center or an outpatient facility.   She's ready for treatment.  She's scared and admits that her eating issues and weight loss are beyond her ability to control at this point.   I hugged her and it was like there was nothing there.

Roverkid has been diagnosed with anorexia.   She'll be meeting with her nutritionist today, neuropsychologist tomorrow and sports medicine doc on Wednesday to help make a decision as to whether she's going to a residential treatment center or an outpatient facility.   She's ready for treatment.  She's scared and admits that her eating issues and weight loss are beyond her ability to control at this point.   I hugged her and it was like there was nothing there.
####.

So sorry, man.  My sister went through this in HS.  Hugs from down south.

Wait.....

####.

So sorry, man.  My sister went through this in HS.  Hugs from down south.

Wait.....
lol.

The positive, if there is one, is that anorexia can mimic some of the symptoms of concussion, and can definitely delay the healing process.   Ideally, if she can get a handle on the eating disorder through getting treatment, it may help her fully recover from the concussion.

I'm buried with work and have a full-day mediation tomorrow.  I feel awful that I can't just take a week off while we figure this out.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Zow (your inbox is full or you’re complicated)

Heading out to Sedona on Wednesday and staying near Sky Harbor next Sunday.  Interested in grabbing a beer?  Anyone else in the Phoenix area is welcome too

lol.

The positive, if there is one, is that anorexia can mimic some of the symptoms of concussion, and can definitely delay the healing process.   Ideally, if she can get a handle on the eating disorder through getting treatment, it may help her fully recover from the concussion.

I'm buried with work and have a full-day mediation tomorrow.  I feel awful that I can't just take a week off while we figure this out.
If you need anything, I’m very close by!

-fish- said:
Damn, man.  Best of luck to both of you.  

Osaurus said:
@Zow (your inbox is full or you’re complicated)

Heading out to Sedona on Wednesday and staying near Sky Harbor next Sunday.  Interested in grabbing a beer?  Anyone else in the Phoenix area is welcome too
Oh wtf? I’ll try to address. 

Unfortunstely im currently scheduled to be in trial that day. 

-fish- said:
Kudos to her and you for addressing this head on... Hoping for the beast for both of you.

shuke said:
Sorry Pack and good luck.

strykerpks said:
Hey, I know it's a hike for you but my sister rents a condo off of Hwy 20 towards Racine. I know their tenants just left so if push comes to shove and you need an immediate place I can check on it for you. Thopras my man

General Malaise said:
Sorry, GB.  Sucks. :(

Binky The Doormat said:

Thanks guys, appreciate the thoughts

-fish- said:
So sorry to hear this.

You're a great dad, hope she's recovers soon.

berndog said:

Hang in there bern

:(  

It is good news just a shocker as we never had it on the market. Things are absoltely nuts right now
My old house has been on the market for nearly seven months and has had two contracts fall through on it, which has had me at record-breaking levels of stress, and you sold yours without putting it on the market.  Neat.  Don’t mind me while I off myself.

My old house has been on the market for nearly seven months and has had two contracts fall through on it, which has had me at record-breaking levels of stress, and you sold yours without putting it on the market.  Neat.  Don’t mind me while I off myself.
Wisconsin is just bananas right now. we bought 18 months ago. saw maybe 12-15 homes .. most the day they went on the market, or even before. put offers in on 3 the day they went on the market and got beat out my multiple offers on each. 

put an offer on one before it "officially" hit the market and someone else beat us to that, too.

around here, at least for a couple years now, if a house sits for more than a couple weeks it's shocking. 

Roverkid got back from her appointment.  Her mom took her.  Her mom has always had a touch of Munchausen's by proxy, so I take what she says with a grain of salt.   Short version is that she needs to get into treatment ASAP, and they are consulting with her doctor and the facilities about whether it will be residential or outpatient.   Roverkid is freaked out because they said the residential treatment program can be anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 years.   I told her that we're not sending her to a 2 year residential treatment program, and that we have a say in her treatment and if she really wants to do outpatient, she can, although she may have to do the first few weeks inpatient.  Her mom freaked out and started yelling at me that I didn't know what I was talking about and that we're going to do whatever the doctors say and that Roverkid could die.   Good job, mom. 

She's super upset that she may miss our spring break trip to NYC and won't get to play volleyball again.   

You could probably buy it from yourself for a good profit. :MiloMinderbinder:

Wisconsin is just bananas right now. we bought 18 months ago. saw maybe 12-15 homes .. most the day they went on the market, or even before. put offers in on 3 the day they went on the market and got beat out my multiple offers on each. 

put an offer on one before it "officially" hit the market and someone else beat us to that, too.

around here, at least for a couple years now, if a house sits for more than a couple weeks it's shocking. 
I lost out on 4 offers (all with offer review dates that were 3-4 days after the house went on the market).   Only got mine because I found out a sale fell through, and contacted the sellers before they put it back on the market.  Truly crazy way to buy a house.  

House porn?

And I think it’s expressed as “get myself off.”

I lost out on 4 offers (all with offer review dates that were 3-4 days after the house went on the market).   Only got mine because I found out a sale fell through, and contacted the sellers before they put it back on the market.  Truly crazy way to buy a house.  
Yeah, I don’t remember how many I lost out on in Seattle, offering way over asking price in cash, before we finally got one.  Same situation in Poulsbo before I ended up getting new construction.  The market has cooled a bit now, but not this much.  

Speaking of which, have you ever seen a seller successfully sue an inspector?

Yeah, I don’t remember how many I lost out on in Seattle, offering way over asking price in cash, before we finally got one.  Same situation in Poulsbo before I ended up getting new construction.  The market has cooled a bit now, but not this much.  

No, but I suppose you could sue for negligent interference with business contract if they really screwed up.   That would be fun.

yes, but you can only get back what you paid them. WHich is probably about 1/10000000th of what the damage was.

It's more than bananas. I started thinking about selling 3 years ago after my next door neighbor sold the exact same house for a crazy price. Fast forward 3  years and I got $50k more. Hell, 6 months ago when we talked to my realtor, she ad my house $10k more than I thought. We put the sale off while my wife recovered from a hip replacement. Now 6 mos later I got $10k more than 6 months ago.

Got an offer we couldn't refuse without even setting a price.  :loco:

Users who are viewing this thread