What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (14 Viewers)

I have no idea why some threads are longer or shorter than they should be.  I’m a scientist, not someone who can examine every variable or phenomenon to determine an accurate understanding of a specific event.  We can’t know why any more than we can unlock the secrets of the universe.

Phish has been playing music over 30 years, over 1600 live shows featuring more than 800 different songs.  So there are a few different things to talk about.

Chik Fil A has a couple sandwiches.  
The answer to all of your questions is the guy this thread is named for.

My 15 year old son is at his buddy's home tonight, for a bonfire, complete with 6 feet of distance between seats on every side.  It's his first really social thing this summer.  He texted an hour ago: "I'm having so much fun!  Can I stay longer?!"  He could take the 1 mile or so walk home at 10:00, or my (i.e. Furley's) wife can pick him up at 9:30.  Guess what my/Furley's wife decided?

Sigh.

My 15 year old son is at his buddy's home tonight, for a bonfire, complete with 6 feet of distance between seats on every side.  It's his first really social thing this summer.  He texted an hour ago: "I'm having so much fun!  Can I stay longer?!"  He could take the 1 mile or so walk home at 10:00, or my (i.e. Furley's) wife can pick him up at 9:30.  Guess what my/Furley's wife decided?

Sigh.
Huh?

Let the kid stay out longer.  

My kid (14) and her two friends are wandering the neighborhood as I type. Headed to get them now.  Mom wants them to come in. It is after 10, I’ll give her that.   None of them took their phones. Why, am I paying for one of these things again?

I’ve been watching a virtual conference that I’ve occasionally attended in San Diego over the years. The best thing about the virtual setup is that I can just leave a session versus being “that guy” who gets up and leaves 10 minutes in because it sucks.

I’ve been watching a virtual conference that I’ve occasionally attended in San Diego over the years. The best thing about the virtual setup is that I can just leave a session versus being “that guy” who gets up and leaves 10 minutes in because it sucks.
No "Osaurus has left the meeting" notification pop-ups?

Sigh.
wouldn't you have been sad if your 15 year old son got lost walking home and wound up in bondage in Malaysia?????

don't you ever think of anything??????

We have a corporate meeting in person today.  Will all have to wear masks.  I can't figure out why it's not virtual, and I'm not very happy about it.

We have a slap-fight in here about twice a week  :lmao:
Best texmex in our hood? I really like Camino REal.

Botana Platter: Stuffed jalapenos, Nachos, Quesadilla, Flautas, Queso and Guac. Comes with home made chips and salsa: $8.99, feeds two

Last edited by a moderator:
Best texmex in our hood? I really like Camino REal.

Botana Platter: Stuffed jalapenos, Nachos, Quesadilla, Flautas, Queso and Guac. Comes with home made chips and salsa: $8.99, feeds two
It's fine. I prefer La Feria, up at McNeil and Parmer, to kick off my Saturday cheat day.

If I go, I want it to be for migas con chorizo y queso compuesto
The chorizo, bean, egg and cheese on corn is my go to taco. La Feria is the only texmex place I've seen where compuesto doesn't include guac 

Last edited by a moderator:
Big fan of Machaca (highly recommend). I go to this restaurant in BFE Florida that is superb. There are some awesome taco joints in Tampa and near my house. 

My kid (14) and her two friends are wandering the neighborhood as I type. Headed to get them now.  Mom wants them to come in. It is after 10, I’ll give her that.   None of them took their phones. Why, am I paying for one of these things again?
I'd like to know how one accomplishes separating a group of 14 year-olds from their phones for an extended period of time

feeling like being fully single again.   pray for mojo.
Aw, I'm sorry to hear this.  It sounded like this was a good one!  I guess a good thing you weren't coming with us on that trip next week.  By the way, I ended up canceling the whole thing, then just this week reinstating but with a partially different and smaller crew.  I saw in your posts that the wedding you were attending seemed to be on, though.

I'd like to know how one accomplishes separating a group of 14 year-olds from their phones for an extended period of time
When the phones are dead. 

Or, hike up to a remote lake at 9200’. That NONE of them wanted to go to.  It was hell, getting them moving and on the hike. 

They all had a freaking blast. Stupid kids. 

Users who are viewing this thread