What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (13 Viewers)

Yesterday we said goodbye to Big Red, our 13YO dachshund. He had nerve degeneration in his hips that was getting progressively worse the past few months. His younger brother was with us at the vet and seems to be holding up well. They’ve been inseparable for 11+ years. :cry:
Sorry man.  We thought we were losing our 14 year old hound dog to a stroke a few weeks ago, but it just ended up being some sort of vestibular condition.  We know it’s just a matter of time with him though 

Sorry man.  We thought we were losing our 14 year old hound dog to a stroke a few weeks ago, but it just ended up being some sort of vestibular condition.  We know it’s just a matter of time with him though 

Yesterday we said goodbye to Big Red, our 13YO dachshund. He had nerve degeneration in his hips that was getting progressively worse the past few months. His younger brother was with us at the vet and seems to be holding up well. They’ve been inseparable for 11+ years. :cry:
Y'all know I just can't handle the dog stuff, like, at all.😭  Very sorry to hear.  They are sooo much better than people.

My rockhead turned 8 on Wednesday.  He's still just as energetic and spazzy as ever....but I can see his eyebrows and face getting whiter more readily.   He still happily engages the folks/dogs he likes cranked to 11, but more and more often just wants to be left alone by anyone he doesn't already know (Which, I am recognizing in the moment, pretty much makes him the "me" of dogs.  Yay?)   Vet says he's in fantastic shape, but "can see telltale signs of some arthritis in his future".   I, of course, now feel like a total a$$bag for letting him do agility stuff/jump hay bales/race when he was younger.  

I really need another drink, but he's currently asleep on my foot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's going to be hell on servers and others relying on tips and patrons to dine-in/drink-in.  I hit BWW to see my favorite bartender and after 3 beers, rounded my tab up to $100.  She's legit scared about making rent this month and beyond and she said she's fortunate because she doesn't have kids.  Other servers who do are stressed to the max about Xmas gifts.  Sucks.  Sucks sucks sucks. 
I know lots of other people are affected too but the service industry people are getting crushed. I hate it. 

I bought this ####ty Bird from Kroger and have been hiding it in various places, waiting for my wife to find it.

she’ll hate it.  

A few years ago I found some sort of wooden rocking Christmas pig that I put out and she hates (like a rocking horse not like Axl Rose rocking)

• Laughing
Reactions: SWC
I bought this ####ty Bird from Kroger and have been hiding it in various places, waiting for my wife to find it.

she’ll hate it.  

A few years ago I found some sort of wooden rocking Christmas pig that I put out and she hates (like a rocking horse not like Axl Rose rocking)
To make you feel better and not have to wait for the outcome with the wife, I hate it. Ywia.

• Sad
Reactions: SWC
search function sux0rs.

any of you have the hulu live subscription?  and do you like it?
Sorry that response was so short. What are you looking for in a Hulu-type package?

I canceled because I was really only concerned about getting my local channels and found locast.org to take care of that without having to pay Hulu's $40/mo. Before Hulu, I had Sling. I found both to be about the same (for me), but both have different packages that can make getting exactly what you want a little more expensive.

Sorry that response was so short. What are you looking for in a Hulu-type package?

I canceled because I was really only concerned about getting my local channels and found locast.org to take care of that without having to pay Hulu's $40/mo. Before Hulu, I had Sling. I found both to be about the same (for me), but both have different packages that can make getting exactly what you want a little more expensive.
considering ditching direct tv.  i don't really watch regular tv.  what i do watch, i don't need to see it when it airs.  i do watch sports.   :shrug:  

considering ditching direct tv.  i don't really watch regular tv.  what i do watch, i don't need to see it when it airs.  i do watch sports.   :shrug:  
I have YouTube TV. have had it while we got used to it before ditching DTV. It has a decent interface a nice DVR and up to 5 people can share it.

some years ago @Dentist was looking for a new vacation destination and pooh-pooed the ABC islands because of the steady tradewinds, saying that winds had basically ruined a previous vacation. 

at the time i thought that seemed like a nonsense reason. a little wind never really bothered anyone. so it's breezy, so what?

well, i'd like to retract that sentiment as we have basically had steady 15 - 25 mph winds every day since last fall. there are days where we're under 10mph, but those are far outweighed by high winds and i've got to say it's really ####### wearing me out.

what should be pleasant, sunny weather days are ruined by 20+ mph winds with gusts over 30.  when it's gloomy, cloudy and cool the extra kick in the bag of 25 mph winds to drop the temps another 15 degrees is just over the top.

apologies for anything untoward i may have said about you, your family, your profession and/or your potential future progeny.

Also....WTF is with just dropping "the ABC Islands" like everyone knows what that is?  Did you put on pince-nez and extend your pinky when you said that around mouthfuls of goose liver?  

Sounds like somewhere you go if you're a big fan of, like, Alex Trebek or David Muir, or Urkel, or some ####, but no....it's the freaking Dutch Antilles?  COULD YOU IMAGINE just typing that instead?   

Also....WTF is with just dropping "the ABC Islands" like everyone knows what that is?  Did you put on pince-nez and extend your pinky when you said that around mouthfuls of goose liver?  

Sounds like somewhere you go if you're a big fan of, like, Alex Trebek or David Muir, or Urkel, or some ####, but no....it's the freaking Dutch Antilles?  COULD YOU IMAGINE just typing that instead?   
I figured it was a wisconsin thing. Or place. Or something.

some years ago @Dentist was looking for a new vacation destination and pooh-pooed the ABC islands because of the steady tradewinds, saying that winds had basically ruined a previous vacation. 

at the time i thought that seemed like a nonsense reason. a little wind never really bothered anyone. so it's breezy, so what?

well, i'd like to retract that sentiment as we have basically had steady 15 - 25 mph winds every day since last fall. there are days where we're under 10mph, but those are far outweighed by high winds and i've got to say it's really ####### wearing me out.

what should be pleasant, sunny weather days are ruined by 20+ mph winds with gusts over 30.  when it's gloomy, cloudy and cool the extra kick in the bag of 25 mph winds to drop the temps another 15 degrees is just over the top.

apologies for anything untoward i may have said about you, your family, your profession and/or your potential future progeny.
You might want to skip most of Wyoming as well. hth

Come to think of it, if wind is a problem, you don't want the Texas coast either. Golfers hit shots on measurably lower trajectories when they learn the game there.

Except for Kev's post,  I really don't understand what's going on here on page 1722.
That’s the way I feel right now taking the internet safety training my company is requiring.  

Actually, that’s not totally true. I get all this stuff, but this training was developed by some serious nerds that have no idea how to communicate effectively. Telling me what URL and HTTP are abbreviations for does absolutely nothing to educate me on computer security and it’s just a waste of my time. 

That’s the way I feel right now taking the internet safety training my company is requiring.  

Actually, that’s not totally true. I get all this stuff, but this training was developed by some serious nerds that have no idea how to communicate effectively. Telling me what URL and HTTP are abbreviations for does absolutely nothing to educate me on computer security and it’s just a waste of my time. 
Wait until you get to https. #mindblown

Wait until you get to https. #mindblown
Did you know that the s means that you have a secure connection, but it doesn’t mean that it’s safe because you could be securely connected to a hacker’s website? 

Also, the part after the :// is called a sub-domain. What does that fact have to do with internet security? Well, nothing, but they told us anyway.

And I guess I’m a significant security risk because if I enter the door lock code and I’m heading into the office when someone is getting to the door with a heavy box in their hands, I’m going to let them in rather than closing the door on them forcing them to put the box down and enter the code themselves while glaring at me through the glass. And in case you didn’t know, that’s a social engineering tactic called “tailgating”  to gain unauthorized entry.

But I think I’m good on the Smishing part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you know that the s means that you have a secure connection, but it doesn’t mean that it’s safe because you could be securely connected to a hacker’s website? 

Also, the part after the :// is called a sub-domain. What does that fact have to do with internet security? Well, nothing, but they told us anyway.

And I guess I’m a significant security risk because if I enter the door lock code and I’m heading into the office when someone is getting to the door with a heavy box in their hands, I’m going to let them in rather than closing the door on them forcing them to put the box door and enter the code themselves while glaring at me through the glass. And in case you didn’t know, that’s a social engineering tactic called “tailgating”  to gain unauthorized entry.

But I think I’m good on the Smishing part.
This is good stuff  :lol: . My company forced me complete some module about being bribed in a foreign country. Like I’m ever turning that down. 

This has me thinking - instead of trying to build newer and bigger weapons of destruction, we should be thinking about getting more use out of the ones we already have.

Users who are viewing this thread