What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (8 Viewers)

after almost 3 years of daily use the dog finally chewed a crack in to her Chuck-it ball. she was only interested in it when we played fetch, or went for walks. on walks she has to carry it in her mouth. has to.

now that it's cracked she is refusing to give it up. she's either sitting there with the ball in her mouth, or it's laying between her paws while she sleeps. 

it's her woobie

Roverkid has hit 4 cars since she got her license last July.   Totaled one, scratched 2 and needed the hatch replaced on her car.   Just noticed that while her car was in the shop, she managed to hit a curb with my car and break the air intake insert.  Luckily this is something I can fix myself, but damn.   

Roverkid has hit 4 cars since she got her license last July.   Totaled one, scratched 2 and needed the hatch replaced on her car.   Just noticed that while her car was in the shop, she managed to hit a curb with my car and break the air intake insert.  Luckily this is something I can fix myself, but damn.   
Maybe she has vision problems?

good lord.  limo service might be cheaper

i am in the midst of orchestrating my parents move,.  from a huge house, to a normal size house.  finally "done" tomorrow.  currently drinking.  

it will be awesome to have them 10 minutes away.  i haven't lived this close to them, since i lived with them.
just saw my 92 year old dad and 88 year old mom this weekend.  enjoy the time with your parents.

i'm probably outgoing for a few months.  be good to each other.

they'll take her license soon won't they?  Pretty sure its like 7 points on your license and you get yanked

Bob Sacamano said:
@Ned's anyone into fishing thread that I ALWAYS read as "anyone into fisting" is back on page 1. You're killing me, smalls!
Can't believe that weak attempt at fishing is 15yrs old.

So who else was so tired this morning, they left their car in drive when they went in the store for coffee and the car slowly rolled down the incline and hit a another  parked car. But didn't have a clue it happened until they walked out of the store with their coffee only to notice the car halfway across the parking lot.

So who else was so tired this morning, they left their car in drive when they went in the store for coffee and the car slowly rolled down the incline and hit a another  parked car. But didn't have a clue it happened until they walked out of the store with their coffee only to notice the car halfway across the parking lot.
Not me

That was on my agenda, but I overslept and decided that it was something I could cut to get back on schedule.

No, but this past weekend I was out in the driveway drinking beer in the afternoon, and my wife gets in my car. Gets out and asks me when I shattered the back side window in my car.

I look at her and said: what the #### are you talking about? 

I had just driven the car that morning with no incidents. Walk back there and sure as #### the back small window on the passenger side was shattered. Luckily the tempered glass had held it together.

So I'm looking around like: what the ####. I was there all day. Literally in the front yard all day.

Got to thinking, and I had mowed a couple hours earlier. The only thing I could figure is a small rock flew out from my driveway and cracked the window.

$500 later...... :doh:

But no, I did not roll my car into another car at the coffee shop this morning.

My cousin a few years ago did a great impression of an old person with dementia by getting flustered when she thought she was in park, hitting the gas instead of the brake, and plowing into a convenience store in her high end luxury vehicle. Bonus: managed to hit the friend of her teenage kid who was in the store and broke an arm or leg or something.

So could have been worse.

I need a new bed.   Tried to order a Heavenly bed through Westin because they had a good sale for Marriott rewards members, but it didn't work out.  Somehow they couldn't manage to get the mattress to the delivery company, or the delivery company lost it, depending on who you talk to.   Three months later still no bed so I just got a refund.

Any recommendations?   I'm assuming there's a thread for this, but I don't trust the regular rabble.  

mattress  shopping is the worst.  we returned 3 mattresses, when we were looking for our current one.  2 different memory foam ones and one from costco.  i can not do memory foam.  waaaaaay too hot.  ended up getting one at ortho mattress, a brick and mortar store near us.

Mattresses are expensive and I have always had trouble falling and staying asleep, so I found mattress shopping frustrating.  I tried the Casper first, but it was way too hot and it made my bad back feel worse.  One thing that was very helpful to me is that there's a store in NYC that carries most of the top brands so you can test out and compare many different ones in one location.  Most stores only carry their brand.  I finally settled on the Brooklyn Bedding Aurora, which has been cool to sleep on and has helped my back or at least not made it worse.  I like it and would recommend it.

mattress  shopping is the worst.  we returned 3 mattresses, when we were looking for our current one.  2 different memory foam ones and one from costco.  i can not do memory foam.  waaaaaay too hot.  ended up getting one at ortho mattress, a brick and mortar store near us.
We hated the Casper and returned it. Did a 180 and went with one of the Kirkland brand pillow tops. Solidly meh.

The only thing worse than mattress shopping is printer shopping. Everyone loves/hates some printer/mattress they owned at some point. How does EVERY MATTRESS EVER MADE GET 4 EFFING STARS?

This is the best. Love it. Holding up well. 5

This is the best. Love it. Holding up well.  5

This is awful. After 1 night I was completely paralyzed for life and it started sagging 5 minutes after I laid on it.  And I'm not fat. 1

We hated the Casper and returned it. Did a 180 and went with one of the Kirkland brand pillow tops. Solidly meh.

The only thing worse than mattress shopping is printer shopping. Everyone loves/hates some printer/mattress they owned at some point. How does EVERY MATTRESS EVER MADE GET 4 EFFING STARS?

This is awful. After 1 night I was completely paralyzed for life and it started sagging 5 minutes after I laid on it.  And I'm not fat. 1
Don't even bother reading online reviews for mattresses.  Total waste of time.

Don't even bother reading online reviews for mattresses.  Total waste of time.
Online reviews for anything drive me nuts anymore.  So many fake 5* from people getting a $5 amazon card or whatever and then the 1* are usually for some completely unrelated reason “I ordered this bag of chips but my kid ate them 1*”

oh and apparently my post about the mattress was deleted, better than a 6 month ban though, so thank you kind mod 

anyway we bought a BEAR hybrid and it seems fine although I sleep on the couch so :shrug:

https://nymag.com/strategist/article/best-mattresses-buy-online.html

This is a really long but really detailed article with a lot of different editors telling you their sleep styles and then choosing the best mattress for their preferences.  They have affiliate links, so all of the reviews are positive, but you can try to match your style to one of them

Users who are viewing this thread