What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (13 Viewers)

We adopted a new dog to keep our older dachshund company (new boy on the left here).  

Something I noticed and am curious about, and this seems as good a place as any on the internet to ask.  Our older dog  (Chip) is 12 and was already neutered when we got him 11 years ago. The new dog (Prince) is about 6 and was just neutered last week, right before we adopted him.  Prince is swinging a pretty good size sac, while Chip has pretty much nothing back there. 

Is that just a function of the age when each was snipped? Or has the process changed over the past 10 years where they're leaving more of the equipment?
Did Prince maybe get Neuticals when he was snipped?

Did Prince maybe get Neuticals when he was snipped?
I doubt it - we got him from the local animal shelter and they did the snipping. I doubt they're springing for fakies just for the dog's emotional health.  Besides, seems to be a fairly flat/empty bit of flesh.

SOKA is now accepting drive ups.  no appointment needed.  very smooth operation. saturday seems to be their busiest day.
Thanks.  I actually found an appointment at a place near John Wayne last Friday, so I got the first shot then.  It was streamlined as eff.   If I didn't have to sit and wait for 15 mins after getting the chip implanted, I'd have been in and out in about 6 minutes.

Sorry to interrupt RichPeopleFoodChat but...

Pretty sure I mentioned this in GMTAN 1.0 but my 19 year old aunt was murdered back in 1981 (thanks Posty). The 78 year old jackass (who injured 3 others including his wife and stepdaugher and her fiancee who was shot in the head and lived) is up for parole tomorrow again and quite a few of my extented family is heading to Ohio to meet with the parole board. Pretty sure he was given 20 to life so we're hoping for the latter since it's now up to 35. Wish @Homer J Simpson was around to send a couple of hard pipe hittin...people...to go to work on the homes.

No TPW needed, honestly save it. I just wanted to vent a bit. Also hoping something our family has been stewing about for the past few months buys us another 5 years so the ######## can die behind bars. Can a 78 year old man really hurt us again? Probably not but he took one life and severely damaged another. Rot in ####### jail and die already

Back to food chat :banned:
Had to dig into the wayback machine to find this post. Mom and aunts/uncles got to have a zoom meeting with the parole board again yesterday. Dude is now 83. Has his normal prison duties (dishes, laundry, etc) but has never shown any remorse or initiative to better himself. He'll have his say in a few weeks, but it sounds like another 5 years based on initial impressions.

I figured out why my wife is always so busy at work... She lacks multi tasking and can't shorten her conversations.  Wfh I'm witness to it.   She'll try to hang up like 3 times and keeps going.

I am keeping this my secret...

Last edited by a moderator:
So we have family flying in for my son's wedding, they will be here in exactly 3 weeks to the day. My wife has known this for months.  So in typical my wife fashion, everything is now a big rush, as I mentioned in the moving thread. So rearranging furniture and she drops this one. Oh I'm going to need you to paint this room.  Yeah ok, we can paint it.  No i mean before the wedding. It should only take a couple hours right..  :rant:

I said are you crazy. That's a 2-3 day job, of course she thinks I'm lying.

Ok first we need to spackle all the holes. How long does spackle take to dry? Me: 1-2 hours. 

Ok so 1 hour for spackling. Then you have to tape. Her: Ok that doesn't take long. Then you have to prime. Her: Paint and primer in one!!@!@

Well then you have to paint the ceiling and let it dry? Why? Cause then you have to cut the walls.  Then have to wait for a second coat

I think you could get this done in a day. .  

Nevermind I'm working and carting my daughter around to games. Plus it take her a week to pick a color.

I'm tired of her ridiculousness... I told her you call someone cause I'm not doing it by the 26th.

You want to paint it this summer sure. 

Forget we just had a year in isolation we could have done this

/Rant

So we have family flying in for my son's wedding, they will be here in exactly 3 weeks to the day. My wife has known this for months.  So in typical my wife fashion, everything is now a big rush, as I mentioned in the moving thread. So rearranging furniture and she drops this one. Oh I'm going to need you to paint this room.  Yeah ok, we can paint it.  No i mean before the wedding. It should only take a couple hours right..  :rant:

Ok first we need to spackle all the holes. How long does spackle take to dry? Me: 1-2 hours. 

Ok so 1 hour for spackling. Then you have to tape. Her: Ok that doesn't take long. Then you have to prime. Her: Paint and primer in one!!@!@

Well then you have to paint the ceiling and let it dry? Why? Cause then you have to cut the walls.  Then have to wait for a second coat

Nevermind I'm working and carting my daughter around to games. Plus it take her a week to pick a color.

I'm tired of her ridiculousness... I told her you call someone cause I'm not doing it by the 26th.

/Rant
Take my wife, please 

/Rant
yeah, well, my wife is mad at me because she lost a crown last night and thinks she has an infection. lots of tears of pain last night.

i made the mistake of asking if she needed ibuprofen or something. 

not sure why that made her mad, but....... i compounded it by suggesting she maybe go to urgent care to have the "infection" checked since dentist offices are closed until Monday around here.

i'm an absolute monster

yeah, well, my wife is mad at me because she lost a crown last night and thinks she has an infection. lots of tears of pain last night.

not sure why that made her mad, but....... i compounded it by suggesting she maybe go to urgent care to have the "infection" checked since dentist offices are closed until Monday around here.

i'm an absolute monster
It has taken me years to suppress the urge to offer solutions to my wife’s problems.  They are happier #####ing than addressing the problem. 

I apologize for the trouble and I hope no one feels "cheated". We're still trying to resolve this. Our apologies. 
joking Joe ...this service costs you guys plenty and it's free to us - no cheat there

and no reason to apologize - it's another company

it was a nice opportunity to use a great Johnny Rotten line

I apologize for the trouble and I hope no one feels "cheated". We're still trying to resolve this. Our apologies. 
joking Joe ...this service costs you guys plenty and it's free to us - no cheat there

and no reason to apologize - it's another company

it was a nice opportunity to use a great Johnny Rotten line
Fwiw to both of you guys... I read it as a joke and loved the johnny rotten ref.

i'm an absolute monster
Start taking those edibles, bro.

sorry man, I had it first in my left shoulder and did PT for over a year with zero improvement.

ruined my golf game, finally had surgery ...not fun but got me back to about 90-95% range of movement and pain-free ...also with PT - total time after surgery was a good 6-8 months for me.

then about 4 years later I got it in my right shoulder - which is what the doc said happens often.  When it got bad enough ...I did the surgery, same deal on PT and full recovery time.  They say diabetes type II is related for many (which I am).  

hope the PT on it's own works for you, but the surgery route was the only thing that did it for me.
So it is surgery for me.  I'm going to Dr. Andrew's clinic and he said the total recovery time after surgery will be 6 to 8 weeks.  The way they do it is arthroscopic, freeing the tendons and ligaments from the scar tissue.  Then they do a "manipulation" while I'm still out.  He said I'll have immediate relief and increased range of motion, but then 6 to 8 weeks of extensive PT.  I'm hopeful it doesn't drag on for 6 months, I've already dealt with it for almost 6 months.  Looking forward to being able to sleep hopefully.

So it is surgery for me.  I'm going to Dr. Andrew's clinic and he said the total recovery time after surgery will be 6 to 8 weeks.  The way they do it is arthroscopic, freeing the tendons and ligaments from the scar tissue.  Then they do a "manipulation" while I'm still out.  He said I'll have immediate relief and increased range of motion, but then 6 to 8 weeks of extensive PT.  I'm hopeful it doesn't drag on for 6 months, I've already dealt with it for almost 6 months.  Looking forward to being able to sleep hopefully.
check to see if there is any PT you can do before the surgery.  every little bit helps.  and do the follow up PT religiously.  

13 minutes ago, Corporation said:
check to see if there is any PT you can do before the surgery.  every little bit helps.  and do the follow up PT religiously.  
Yep, already on it.  I feel like when I do the PT at home, I do it too fast.  PT in office takes awhile and I'm afraid I'm not using proper motion at home.  Not sure how many days after surgery will be in office PT, already burned through a bunch of them proving the "conservative" treatment wouldn't work.  Unlikely to get an extension so looks like out of pocket for me (well worth it though).

sweet!  sounds like what I had ...and they did the manipulation as well.  

no doubt it was a lot better after a couple of months - but for me, I needed more PT time and weirdly the insurance company covered it.  

even though it took me longer, it hasn't returned - and I have about 90% full movement back with zero pain.  

best of luck man - really think you'll be so happy you did it.  

btw:  that was 9 years ago (had the same thing on my other shoulder 4 years ago - and surgery) - no pain still

Yep, already on it.  I feel like when I do the PT at home, I do it too fast.  PT in office takes awhile and I'm afraid I'm not using proper motion at home.  Not sure how many days after surgery will be in office PT, already burned through a bunch of them proving the "conservative" treatment wouldn't work.  Unlikely to get an extension so looks like out of pocket for me (well worth it though).
i was able to fight for more PT, when i had my ACL done.  it's possible to get more.   and nice job, getting the best drs.  i had my knee done at kerlan jobe.  same level drs, on the west coast.  

It has taken me years to suppress the urge to offer solutions to my wife’s problems.  They are happier #####ing than addressing the problem. 

I get static for offering solutions.  I get accused of not listening if  I remain silent. 😕

If its a trivial thing, any more I'm contemplating openly stating my lack of care to just get the eventual argument out of the way.

i'm an absolute monster
welp, it's not a lost crown. it's "maybe" (probably) a cracked tooth. but the dentist needs to take more pictures to be sure.

she's had a root canal on the tooth before so likely it's internally cracked and dentist suggested it would likely need to be removed. 

i've been asked....... 10,000 times....... for my opinion on what she should do. i suggested that she should consult with the dentist after getting the x-ray results :mellow:     

DO I HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HIDEOUS SHE WOULD LOOK IF MISSING ONE OF HER BACK TEETH!??!???!!?!!??

DO I EVEN CARE HOW EMBARRASSED SHE WOULD BE UNTIL IT GOT REPLACED????!??

so, of course the last few days she has been non-stop playing with it trying to pull the thing out on her own  :shrug:  forget about letting a dentist look at the thing (today).  she wants to pull it out and see what happens from there.

welp, it's not a lost crown. it's "maybe" (probably) a cracked tooth. but the dentist needs to take more pictures to be sure.

she's had a root canal on the tooth before so likely it's internally cracked and dentist suggested it would likely need to be removed. 

i've been asked....... 10,000 times....... for my opinion on what she should do. i suggested that she should consult with the dentist after getting the x-ray results :mellow:     

DO I HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HIDEOUS SHE WOULD LOOK IF MISSING ONE OF HER BACK TEETH!??!???!!?!!??

DO I EVEN CARE HOW EMBARRASSED SHE WOULD BE UNTIL IT GOT REPLACED????!??

so, of course the last few days she has been non-stop playing with it trying to pull the thing out on her own  :shrug:  forget about letting a dentist look at the thing (today).  she wants to pull it out and see what happens from there.
Happy Mother's Day!

I get static for offering solutions.  I get accused of not listening if  I remain silent. 😕

If its a trivial thing, any more I'm contemplating openly stating my lack of care to just get the eventual argument out of the way.
I roll with non-committal listening noises and empathetic eye contact. Head nods. Heavy sighs.  That sort of thing.     

Not always perfectly effective but it keeps me out of the deep water. 

kevzilla said:
Once I asked my ex why she kept going to the same stylist when she came home convinced that she couldn't go outside every time.

Once.
my wife cuts her hair before going to her stylist, then comes home and tells me how much she loves her haircut... before going upstairs to "fix" it  :wall:

Hmm.  I don't know where shorline is and I wouldn't eat at a taco del mar, so I'm gonna say it wasn't me.   that and I don't have your number.  
well, that's 3 strikes

someone is drunk dialing me from the Taco del Mar in Shoreline (missed an 'e' last time). now that i think about it, i do have an old friend in Seattle and drunk dialing me from a taco place at 2:30 would fit his m.o.  

well, that's 3 strikes

someone is drunk dialing me from the Taco del Mar in Shoreline (missed an 'e' last time). now that i think about it, i do have an old friend in Seattle and drunk dialing me from a taco place at 2:30 would fit his m.o.  
there's a bar near me called the shorline with no "e" so I thought it might be a washington thing I didn't know about.   

If I drunk dial you it will be at night.  really, really late at night.

Apparently my wife’s Walmart account got hacked.  Didn’t have much time to deal with it because I had to rush the kids off to baseball practice 

I did cancel her card but later found the actual email from Walmart confirming a pickup order at a Walmart in Texas (were in Michigan)

tried calling bank fraud department back to see if I should contact Walmart or Arlington Law Enforcement but I was on hold too long and just decided to cancel the order because it would probably have been more trouble than it’s worth

i also feel bad because it was for diapers and an ice cream cake.  I mean it’s still criminal activity but someone trying to buy that vs a Big Screen TV or a ton of gift cards gives me some sympathy, although also could have been a test order because there were 2 additional charges that didn’t post to pending and got flagged

also she got hit with a ton of spam email signing up for mailing lists, I assume this was to bury any order confirmation or fraud alert emails

tl;dr online shopping and fraud sucks

Apparently my wife’s Walmart account got hacked.  Didn’t have much time to deal with it because I had to rush the kids off to baseball practice 

I did cancel her card but later found the actual email from Walmart confirming a pickup order at a Walmart in Texas (were in Michigan)

tried calling bank fraud department back to see if I should contact Walmart or Arlington Law Enforcement but I was on hold too long and just decided to cancel the order because it would probably have been more trouble than it’s worth

i also feel bad because it was for diapers and an ice cream cake.  I mean it’s still criminal activity but someone trying to buy that vs a Big Screen TV or a ton of gift cards gives me some sympathy, although also could have been a test order because there were 2 additional charges that didn’t post to pending and got flagged

also she got hit with a ton of spam email signing up for mailing lists, I assume this was to bury any order confirmation or fraud alert emails

Same thing happened to me a few years ago.  Although the stuff ordered was being shipped to me.

I too have been hit with the mega spam. Luckily they didn't hit any transactions. But now I'm still dealing with all these freaking mailing lists. Some aren't even legit I don't think but I do get makeup tips from some place in Europe so that's nice

are you a credit union member?

mine calls me if they see suspicious activity. a few months back i got a call about two charges in New Jersey that were sub $5. based on my recent spending activity in Wisconsin their fraud software immediately flagged the NJ charges as fraudulent, they called me, cancelled my card and issued a new one the same day.

painless

Users who are viewing this thread