What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (16 Viewers)

im really grieving so forgive me for putting it down here for my internet friends who dont really even know us but thats what makes this site great anyhow just so you know the backstory i got a call from my mom about 1015 on sunday night and i knew what it was going to be she never calls that late and both her and me are normally asleep by then anyhow she told me emts had been trying to revive my dad for 40 minutes and they had read his last directives and they were done so i should come down she didnt ever say he had passed probably so that i would not drive like an idiot but in my heart i knew and i live about 30 minutes away so i hopped into my car and went to thier condo thing and was met by the police outside who said he was gone guys that was the hardest thing ive ever heard but hey said that it was fast and he didnt suffer so i helped my mom and the cops call the funeral home and they came and got him at about midnight my dad was a great man who helped anyone he could did meals on wheels worked with vets and was active in whatever church he lived by at the time and who was always striking up conversations with total strangers at any of my kids games and who was basically like a permanent fixture in most bleachers where me or my kids played and for his part he had been a hell of a football player as a center and was maybe the last guy to ever wear a leather helmet for one of the best football programs around and was literally just a huge man when he shook your hand his hand just sort of swallowed yours up but as mean as he was as a center he was that nice off of the field something about taking that helmet off and he was just the nicest man anyhow he was a teddy bear of a guy and fought all sorts of demons and who had a hard life to be honest but everyone loved him in part because of how he fought those demons and how he beat them back so the hardest part has been calling his remaining family and my moms side and telling them because they all start busting up and it makes me relive the cops telling me hes gone and that starts to get to me and i guess in the end im just going to miss him but i did see him over the holiday and hugged him and told him i loved him and he got to go at home and not in some bed or hooked up to a machine and without suffering and i guess that is all that any of us can hope for thanks for reading and being kind i appreciate it a lot 
The good stuff you said about your dad comes through in the way you handle yourself here. I think SWC SR. did a fine job. So sorry for your loss.

im really grieving so forgive me for putting it down here for my internet friends who dont really even know us but thats what makes this site great anyhow just so you know the backstory i got a call from my mom about 1015 on sunday night and i knew what it was going to be she never calls that late and both her and me are normally asleep by then anyhow she told me emts had been trying to revive my dad for 40 minutes and they had read his last directives and they were done so i should come down she didnt ever say he had passed probably so that i would not drive like an idiot but in my heart i knew and i live about 30 minutes away so i hopped into my car and went to thier condo thing and was met by the police outside who said he was gone guys that was the hardest thing ive ever heard but hey said that it was fast and he didnt suffer so i helped my mom and the cops call the funeral home and they came and got him at about midnight my dad was a great man who helped anyone he could did meals on wheels worked with vets and was active in whatever church he lived by at the time and who was always striking up conversations with total strangers at any of my kids games and who was basically like a permanent fixture in most bleachers where me or my kids played and for his part he had been a hell of a football player as a center and was maybe the last guy to ever wear a leather helmet for one of the best football programs around and was literally just a huge man when he shook your hand his hand just sort of swallowed yours up but as mean as he was as a center he was that nice off of the field something about taking that helmet off and he was just the nicest man anyhow he was a teddy bear of a guy and fought all sorts of demons and who had a hard life to be honest but everyone loved him in part because of how he fought those demons and how he beat them back so the hardest part has been calling his remaining family and my moms side and telling them because they all start busting up and it makes me relive the cops telling me hes gone and that starts to get to me and i guess in the end im just going to miss him but i did see him over the holiday and hugged him and told him i loved him and he got to go at home and not in some bed or hooked up to a machine and without suffering and i guess that is all that any of us can hope for thanks for reading and being kind i appreciate it a lot 

i appreciate you all a lot thanks gang

I hope people think of me like they do your Dad.  Take that to the bank.

Love and prayers from a total stranger and a total friend, who knows how far away.

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
death and the cycle of life, can eat a ####.  

my pop's best friend, one of the most wonderful people i've ever known, succumbed to cancer last night.  just the sweetest dude ever.  he was 80.  raise a glass to eddie, if you're so inclined.  throw a thops at his family.

this story encapsulates him pretty well.  he was VERY funny.  i bring my first ever, serious girl friend to a dinner at his house.  it's the holidays.  i happen to have diarrhea for the first time in my life.  i confide this troubling fact to eddie.  

about 15 minutes later, my lady and i are sitting on the couch.  eddie swings by, meets the girlfriend.  says all the right things. then looks me dead in the eye, and says, "don't #### on my couch".  my 21-22 year old self, about died.   :lmao:  

Joe Bryant said:
There was gross racial / sexist posting and looks like moderators got tired of trying to clean up. 
Perfectly acceptable, my comment was more about the locked and no reason given.

A simple way too much XYZ, have to lock it up would have been helpful. But that's just me, I tend to lean more toward transparency than man behind the curtain :shrug:

Perfectly acceptable, my comment was more about the locked and no reason given.

A simple way too much XYZ, have to lock it up would have been helpful. But that's just me, I tend to lean more toward transparency than man behind the curtain :shrug:

I'm sure it's a moderator time thing. I think they said there was a lot of stuff deleted and figured people would get it. :shrug:  

And likely just like this, anything we say gets twisted and people want more and more and then it becomes a time sink. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure it's a moderator time thing. I think they said there was a lot of stuff deleted and figured people would get it. :shrug:  

And likely just like this, anything we say gets twisted and people want more and more and then it becomes a time sink. 
Sad because there was some good information being posted in there despite the nonsense. 

40 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Expand  
Sad because there was some good information being posted in there despite the nonsense. 
yes. a fair bit of time and energy and information being provided and shared in there, even if some of the humor was obviously in the gallows variety.

obviously racist/sexist stuff shouldn't fly. but should be pointed out as such.

Joe- it's been a repeated thing in here that stuff gets clipped and most of us (over)grown-ups have absolutely no idea why. as Hawks wrote, a simple "this is shut down because A, B and C" would suffice for just about all of us, I'm sure. "This is shut down because deleted posts" doesn't explain anything at all and is lazy and frustrating... to me at least. I was getting my information about this story primarily in that thread.

yes. a fair bit of time and energy and information being provided and shared in there, even if some of the humor was obviously in the gallows variety.

Joe- it's been a repeated thing in here that stuff gets clipped and most of us (over)grown-ups have absolutely no idea why. as Hawks wrote, a simple "this is shut down because A, B and C" would suffice for just about all of us, I'm sure. "This is shut down because deleted posts" doesn't explain anything at all and is lazy and frustrating... to me at least. I was getting my information about this story primarily in that thread.
It’s gonna force me to get my info on this story from those lunatics on Reddit

doing much better today i think monday i was all adrenaline and then yesterday everything set in but a good sleep and some talking with my lady and im feeling a little more right today thanks joehan 

SWC, I'm sorry to hear about your father. You have my condolences and my thoughts are with you, brother. Peace. 

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
I don't think I've ever come into this thread before just looking for something to read now that the gabby petito thread is gone and this is really sad news so so sorry for your loss you're a great poster who always brings a ray of sunshine into every thread you participate in even this homage to your dad brought a tear to my eye he was a special man and you are too

And you can take that to the bank, brohan.

I was getting most of my info from that thread too, but in the mods' defense, they did say it was shut down because of racist sexist stuff.  If you'd been following along you'd know EXACTLY what they were talking about (I did).  If not, does it really matter precisely who said the racist sexist stuff or what they said?

@SWC - sorry to hear about your pops but he sounds like the kind of dad a lot of us including myself wanted to have but never did and the good part about your pops is over your lifetime he took a bunch of memories and deposited them into the National Swcer Bank and Trust and the only guy with the key is you brohan....

I was getting most of my info from that thread too, but in the mods' defense, they did say it was shut down because of racist sexist stuff.  If you'd been following along you'd know EXACTLY what they were talking about (I did).  If not, does it really matter precisely who said the racist sexist stuff or what they said?
:confused:  the last time I looked the last message said something like "posts deleted" and was locked, no explanation. Joe said why in here. I had missed whatever was said.

:confused:  the last time I looked the last message said something like "posts deleted" and was locked, no explanation. Joe said why in here. I had missed whatever was said.

Ah, makes sense.  They must have updated the post to reflect the reason after you posted here about it.

I'd like to know who it was if it was bad enough to get the thread axed.  Prefer not to interact with jerks, and if I know who the jerk is ahead of time it helps.

Anyone else having issues getting to the main FFA forum page?

I can get in the other forums and into individual topics but not the main page to see everything. 

On mobile. 

Actual email after days of barely-warm showers:

Our team would first like to apologize for the inconvenience that the boiler has caused. We have been working with multiple teams on finding a solution. Currently, the root cause of the problem has been identified and the parts are being installed tomorrow. We want to ensure it gets finished as soon as possible. In the meantime as we know that everyone is eager for showers, we are offering the option to shower in one of our vacant units that has hot water. We have set up shower mats and curtains in the bathrooms. If you are interested, please come to the office during office hours with an ID and one of our staff will provide you with the location and a key to shower. 

Note that they sent this email at 6PM, so they didn't mean come get a shower today. LOL.

Our team would first like to apologize for the inconvenience that the boiler has caused. We have been working with multiple teams on finding a solution. Currently, the root cause of the problem has been identified and the parts are being installed tomorrow. We want to ensure it gets finished as soon as possible. In the meantime as we know that everyone is eager for showers, we are offering the option to shower in one of our vacant units that has hot water. We have set up shower mats and curtains in the bathrooms. If you are interested, please come to the office during office hours with an ID and one of our staff will provide you with the location and a key to shower. 

Note that they sent this email at 6PM, so they didn't mean come get a shower today. LOL.

"2 weeks later..."

:cry:  

Genuinely one of the most shocking things I’ve ever seen on this board is that a large number of people participating in the political forum say that the reason they do so is because it’s their primary source for news. I’m flabbergasted and, frankly, appalled. 

In a show of solidarity, I'm not going to take a shower today.

Genuinely one of the most shocking things I’ve ever seen on this board is that a large number of people participating in the political forum say that the reason they do so is because it’s their primary source for news. I’m flabbergasted and, frankly, appalled. 

Same. I have zero interest in arguing but that floored me. 

But the more I thought about it, it helped explain some things. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Same. I have zero interest in arguing but that floored me. 

But the more I thought about it, it helped explain some things. 
I think you are both misreading it.  We don’t come to FBGs for actual news but use it as a news aggregator - huge difference.

Users who are viewing this thread