What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should I buy this "theme park"? (1 Viewer)

[SIZE=12pt]The license agreement with Hanna-Barbera, the studio behind the campy 1960s cartoon, "The Flintstones," is not a part of the sale and would need to be renegotiated, Hulen said. A fake volcano is named Mt. St. Wilma, after Fred Flintstone's wife, which is part of a train ride that uses a re-designed golf cart.[/SIZE]
Not really buying a "theme park". It seems like you'd really only be buying the thirty acres or a lawsuit perhaps.

Unless you're buying it for the Flintstones crap, I don't feel like 30 acres in AZ should cost that much. If the license agreement isn't part of the sale, I feel like that could be a tipping point as that might cost more than the property, and if that fell through, you'd just have an overpriced piece of land in AZ.

I did hear about this on the radio this AM though...you should buy it so I can hear about a fellow FFA'er on the radio...

I read an article about this earlier in the week. Terrible investment.

The Flinstones aren't popular with children and I doubt they are making a mainstream comeback anytime soon.

I say buy it. It will finally give us a place to meet up when the zombie/end of the world apocalypse happens.

Would you be the operator, or rent it out to some other entity? If you'd rent it out, what sort of rents would you anticipate collecting? What would be your expense ratio? What are the cap rates for similar types of properties recently sold?

Would you be the operator, or rent it out to some other entity? If you'd rent it out, what sort of rents would you anticipate collecting? What would be your expense ratio? What are the cap rates for similar types of properties recently sold?
sink vanities AND a slide. eyes on the prize here, folks.

I don't think you understand: the brontosaurus is included and THE. UPSIDE. IS. UNLIMITED.

comparing this with limited upside properties really doesn't do it justice.

if it was a brohantasaurus i might have some advice but otherwise i got nuttin take that to the bank bromigo

Weakness - security; looks like most of the buildings don't have doors

Strength - there's probably nothing to steal anyway

Opportunity - Betty Rubble cosplay

Threat - pterodactyls

I went here with my family when I was a wee lad, so I'm getting a kick out of this thread.

ETA: Even at 6 years old or so, it was a boring waste of time. Don't buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weakness - security; looks like most of the buildings don't have doors, LOR elf ####ers will want to copy-cat the slide down the brontosaurus, but call it a woolly mammoth or whatever.

Strength - there's probably nothing to steal anyway, no need to buy cat litter for the feral cats.

Opportunity - Betty Rubble cosplay, UNlimited

Threat - pterodactyls, FFA debbie downers

It is out in the middle of nowhere...Old and not maintained.
Eh, I've been there. It's kinda cool and Williams is a really nice town (basically the gateway to the south rim, maybe 40 miles west of flagstaff). Bearizona is there (a wildlife encounter zoo thingy) and yours truly camps there quite a bit and frequents Elephant Rocks golf course. It's not a far hike from Sedona or Prescott either.

If it were in Seligman, I'd call that the middle of nowhere. Williams is touristy.

Nobody here has knowledge about a park that specialized. You need to consult an expert. Summon The Great Gazoo.

Have a free promotion on opening day. A free Yeti koozie to the first 6 visitors. You could offer more but it would cut too far into your $2M operating budget.

Does the advice change if I am not worried so much about profit as I am about historical preservation and/or securing a venue for cosplay swingers parties for the RVing community?

Fair warning, I have purchased land nearby for my Jetson's Theme Park. With hotties set to play Jane and daughter Judy, and with Pneumatic tube rides, hoover cars, jet packs, and elevated housing with outside dog walking treadmills I plan on blowing your stone age attraction right off of the map.

Does the advice change if I am not worried so much about profit as I am about historical preservation and/or securing a venue for cosplay swingers parties for the RVing community?
game changer. Now you have to do it. Install hidden cameras, collect data for future release...

Finally! I cannot tell you how long I have been looking for a place where I can wear my Dash Riprock outfit and still fit in.

Now, does the place have chicks dressed as the teenage Pebbles?

Users who are viewing this thread