What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BattleBots! It's back. (2 Viewers)

Odds on DUCK!  ?

More importantly, WILL THE DAUGHTER BE BACK?? Or did the old man push her out of the way permanently, so he can hold on to all the glory?

Odds on DUCK!  ?

More importantly, WILL THE DAUGHTER BE BACK?? Or did the old man push her out of the way permanently, so he can hold on to all the glory?
I hope they get rid of Duck.  It was just an indestructible box that had to rely on other bots breaking down before the fight ended.  Boooooring.

There's a bunch of British flippers coming in. Is Bronco ducking? (No, but make that a story anyway) 
I think they've just got to change things up. the front part of the flipper got taken off a bunch of times and then they've got nothing. Even that new flipper from the Wyachi folks just demolished them quickly.

JB Breakfast Club said:
Bots not participating: Bronco, Yeti, Blacksmith, Bombshell plus all teams from China (norovirus) 
Thanks for the 4-1-1.

No Yeti is too bad.

dino259 said:
Not sure about the TV production side but from the robot team side it would be easy to keep them separated.
How do you figure this?  The design, development, and maintenance of these bots requires a significant amount of teamwork and collaboration while huddled around the bot.  

How do you figure this?  The design, development, and maintenance of these bots requires a significant amount of teamwork and collaboration while huddled around the bot.  
My thought would be those people would be like a family unit.  Maybe there are more involved than I see on TV but if it is just 3 different families then those 3 families end up being around each other a bunch but then they stay away from other robot teams.  Different parts of the country are different but I am sure there are lots out there were they stay home for the most part but say the Flintstones and the the Rubbles still get together with each other but then they don't get together with the Jetsons or the scoobies.

Looks like it might articulate, both ends are probably independent motors and they somehow try to encircle the other robot :shrug: Not sure what they do at that point though.
I guess so looking at the joints across the front.  Bend around opponent and gouge it with those tiny blades at the ends...maybe some tire slicing?

WTH is the strategy behind SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?
it will be fun watching tombstone literally turn that thing into a pile of smoldering garbage likely in about three different spots on the arena floor take that to the bank bromigos 

the new tombstone looks even badder than the prior versions man that robot is one bad man take that to the bank brochachos

it will be fun watching tombstone literally turn that thing into a pile of smoldering garbage likely in about three different spots on the arena floor take that to the bank bromigos 
Looking at some SMEEEEEEEEE fights on YouTube, I think the idea is to be an impenetrable wall that can chase the other bot around and cause it to destroy itself. Interesting concept. The smaller versions in the videos have four wheels on either end, so it might be able to keep going even if it gets cut in half.

Looking at some SMEEEEEEEEE fights on YouTube, I think the idea is to be an impenetrable wall that can chase the other bot around and cause it to destroy itself. Interesting concept. The smaller versions in the videos have four wheels on either end, so it might be able to keep going even if it gets cut in half.
look brohan i dont know if you have seen tombstone but unless smeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee is made out of wheels its all over when tombstone chops it into a fine mist of metal and tears take that to the bank brochachos 

look brohan i dont know if you have seen tombstone but unless smeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee is made out of wheels its all over when tombstone chops it into a fine mist of metal and tears take that to the bank brochachos 
Oh, I think you’re probably right, but I also think that if Tombstone doesn’t kill Smeeeeeee with those first few hits, I think it is at risk of launching itself just like it did against RotatoR and Bite Force last year and five others in years prior. I don’t think Smeeeeeeeeeee could be the one to stop him, but I also doubt he’ll run the table this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honus said:
The SMEEEEEEE that is on YouTube from 2018 does not look like this years.  That looks like it was 2 smaller robots with a piece of steel between them (the arena looks to be 10'x10'), so the opposing robots were also smaller and did not have as large/strong a weapon motor.  If you look at the larger picture of this years it has some hinges along the middle part.  While the idea looks like it worked on a small scale, I think against a stronger, faster blade it will rip through it if it gets hit on the hinge.   In a larger arena I am guessing the better drivers could get around SMEEEE and attack the back of it, in the smaller 10' arena SMEEEE was like half the width so there was no getting around it.  I bet it wins its first match against another newcomer but then get demolished once it faces an experienced team.

i actually like the concept of sneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and basically i like seeing any new innovative model of bot because it keeps it fresh and interesting but i also like seeing son of wycrotchy or tombstone send new bots hurling in the plexiglass while they break into a million pieces of smoldering junk but hey thats just how i am wired which is a battlebot joke pun boom another good one from the old swcer take that to the bank brohans 

Rustoleum said:
Go Rusty! (Gonna get shredded at some point though)
My god, WTF was that. Might have been the worst fight ever. I mean, Rusty winning just meant that the other robot was the worst ever. I think even that hair roller axe thing would have won.

My god, WTF was that. Might have been the worst fight ever. I mean, Rusty winning just meant that the other robot was the worst ever. I think even that hair roller axe thing would have won.
Yeah it was really terrible. I don’t even know if that spike thing left a mark, and the flipper that can’t actually flip design of the opponent was bad too. But I gotta root for my namesake even if it looks like a second rate K9 from Dr. Who.

Think Smeeeeeeee is in trouble if it runs up against something that can just drive over its midsection then take out one of the ends. The stupid shark thing didn’t look like it can get its jaws low enough to grab anything.

Yeah it was really terrible. I don’t even know if that spike thing left a mark, and the flipper that can’t actually flip design of the opponent was bad too. But I gotta root for my namesake even if it looks like a second rate K9 from Dr. Who.

Think Smeeeeeeee is in trouble if it runs up against something that can just drive over its midsection then take out one of the ends. The stupid shark thing didn’t look like it can get its jaws low enough to grab anything.
Lol. That spike weapon was harmless and the other robot could only lift the other robot 2 inches. It broke because it had to move.

The shark one was similar to the other shark ones that do absolutely nothing. Smeeee will get obliterated by a good one. 

Smeeee will get obliterated by a good one. 
I was really down on this bot when the first image of it came out; I thought that the long middle part would be easy to destroy, but I didn't notice the material it was made of.  It looks like it's going to be tough to cut or even burn after all.  Still not sold on how well they'll be able to execute their plan of enveloping and cutting up the opponent.  They had that shark bot like a sitting duck several times and didn't really damage it much. A good driver will be able to get behind it quickly and disable it one end at a time.

I liked Rusty's bot, but it's in over its head. He basically won because he sucked less. It's going to get thrown out of the ring soon.

Speaking of which: Tombstone, just wow.

The top teams have figured out how to beat Tombstone. It'll still pick up some wins if the initial attack hits just right, and it'll be used to destroy a Rusty type, but it's no longer championship material. 

The top teams have figured out how to beat Tombstone. It'll still pick up some wins if the initial attack hits just right, and it'll be used to destroy a Rusty type, but it's no longer championship material. 
Right before the match started, Peter Abrahamson gave very specific tactics that Endgame was going to use, and about 10 seconds after he said it, they did it and Tombstone went out of the ring.  It was something about going into it with their left side so that Tombstone's own momentum would work against it.

Yep. If you have a good enough driver and a plan, it’s beatable. Still solid and competitive but that was a great tactic and a little luck when Tombstone got stuck in the screw to make it an easy flip out of bounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mammoth vs Huge...LMAO! What a goofy looking fight that was.  Mammoth looked like it was made of rubber.

Mammoth vs Huge...LMAO! What a goofy looking fight that was.  Mammoth looked like it was made of rubber.
First time Mammoth went down I thought it was game over, then he popped up and everything went back into place.  When they both got intertwined and flipped around was kind of cool.  Will be interesting what he can do this year.

I want to see Tombstone vs the little kid.  See if Ray goes all out.  If they both make the tourny I would guess they magically get placed on opposite sides.  Kid's interview was awesome "look to your left, no now back to your right, we are over here..."

I just signed up for Discovery Plus and watched the first Bounty Hunters tournament. There are two online at present with more to come.

Users who are viewing this thread