What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (2 Viewers)

Jason Myers (Seattle).

Long 47.

Scoring total prediction is not explicitly requested in the rules, but I recall being fussed at last year for not including one anyway (and HSG expects me to be a pedant by now):  14.2 pts.
I was INCHES away from winning this thing.  Nailed the yardage, but the idiot punter botched the placement.  :rant:

Dropped Zane Gonzalez and noticed Josh Lambo was on the wire in my league. Grabbed him and might ride him the whole year, strong leg and the Jacksonville O can move the ball well with Minshew II.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropped Zane Gonzalez and noticed Josh Lambo was on the wire in my league. Grabbed him and might ride him the whole year, strong leg and the Jacksonville O can move the ball well with Minshew II.
As well as not being great, thus whiffing on enough 3rd downs in the RZ to get a goodly amount of FG tries.

Perfect Fantasy K recipe

So...Slye.

1 FG, 1 missed from 50+ (which I guess is forgivable).

4 PATs, 1 PAT missed.

2 points in my league scoring.

Is he a guy we hold given track record so far (no matter who the QB is) and a seemingly aberration in his scoring potential?

Or do we drop/stream him, especially if guys like Gaye, Fairbairn, and Gonzalez are out there?

So...Slye.

1 FG, 1 missed from 50+ (which I guess is forgivable).

4 PATs, 1 PAT missed.

2 points in my league scoring.

Is he a guy we hold given track record so far (no matter who the QB is) and a seemingly aberration in his scoring potential?

Or do we drop/stream him, especially if guys like Gaye, Fairbairn, and Gonzalez are out there?
55 yarder was blocked (forgivable) 46 yarder was pushed badly and I did not see the MXP. It wasn't the difference in my game thanks to Philly D's 35pts against so not as irked as I could be.

I'm willing to call it a case of the yips at this point. He did get the opps including another 50+ try so I'm staying the course for now.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Titans are expected to sign K Cody Parkey.

Parkey was last seen tearing the heart out of every Bears fan in last season's NFC Wild Card loss against the Eagles. Parkey made just 76.7% of his field goals and 93.3% of extra points in the 2018 regular season. The Titans released Cairo Santos Monday after he missed four field goals in their Week 5 loss to the Bills.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter.

Oct 7, 2019, 5:03 PM ET

Robbie “FOOLS” Gould!!!

I hate kickers*!

*as a required position in a fantasy football starting lineup, I’m sure they’re all nice people in real life 

Hot Sauce Guy is unable to log in until the 13th due to saying a bad word in the 49ers game topic. He will be back to figure out the winner in a week unless someone wants to figure it out for him & email him the results with the winners contact information at his website's contact form https://luckydoghotsauce.com/pages/contact-us.  

PS

he says he’s sorry for breaking the rules & won't do it again

Last edited by a moderator:
Not exactly a kicker question, but we don’t have a pinter thread here (for obvious reasons)...

Is Andy Lee expected to get the punting duties back this week, or is he still being supplanted by the rook that kicked when he was inactive?  Got burned in my one punter-required league by Lee being active but only holding for field goals.

And it’s hard to get good punter newson fantasy sites.  Figure the Shark Pool can come through though!

Not exactly a kicker question, but we don’t have a pinter thread here (for obvious reasons)...

Is Andy Lee expected to get the punting duties back this week, or is he still being supplanted by the rook that kicked when he was inactive?  Got burned in my one punter-required league by Lee being active but only holding for field goals.

And it’s hard to get good punter newson fantasy sites.  Figure the Shark Pool can come through though!
So kickers weren't boring enough alone so you decided to double it with punters?

Wouldn't just using punt distance averages be a good guide for who to roster?
That's part of it, but also points for pinning the ball in close, so the punter's offense factors into it as well as raw leg strength. 

It's kind of fun for a casual league, but I wouldnt want them in big money leagues.

Still nothing on Lee...Shark Pool letting me down.

Chargers K Mike Badgley (groin) is doubtful for the team's Week 6 matchup against the Steelers.

Chase McLaughlin made 2-of-3 field goals and his only extra point in his Week 5 debut.

SOURCE: Chargers on Twitter.

Oct 11, 2019, 3:36 PM ET

As my teams keep renting and deciding upon kickers like Elliott, Bryant, Fairbairn, Gould, and whomever else, how come Zane Gonzalez is rated top 4 moving forward? Is he a good kicker, does the team stall, what up with ARI? Is there something I am missing here?

As my teams keep renting and deciding upon kickers like Elliott, Bryant, Fairbairn, Gould, and whomever else, how come Zane Gonzalez is rated top 4 moving forward? Is he a good kicker, does the team stall, what up with ARI? Is there something I am missing here?
Move the ball yet woefully ineffective in the red zone through the first weeks of the season, including about four or five field goals against BAL.

Checking on kicker info on Matt Bryant, ATL. Got a roster alert he's been dropped by 5519 teams on Yahoo?
Currently have him as my starter. Don't know of any issues. That said, thinking of swapping him out for B. Maher @NYJ. 

Fear ATL falls behind AZ and ATL forced to go for TDs.

Currently have him as my starter. Don't know of any issues. That said, thinking of swapping him out for B. Maher @NYJ. 

I love the way you're thinking, but I've watching AZ all year intently, and I can't see them putting anybody away. That's really my two cents, though, and could be wrong. Best of luck. 

Checking on kicker info on Matt Bryant, ATL. Got a roster alert he's been dropped by 5519 teams on Yahoo?

I love the way you're thinking, but I've watching AZ all year intently, and I can't see them putting anybody away. That's really my two cents, though, and could be wrong. Best of luck. 
I am hearing ARI stalls near the redzone, therefore Gonzalez gets high marks. Perhaps this game allows for a lot of scoring opportunities and a FG fest? Maher is my next man up too. I don't know much about him. 

I am hearing ARI stalls near the redzone, therefore Gonzalez gets high marks. Perhaps this game allows for a lot of scoring opportunities and a FG fest? Maher is my next man up too. I don't know much about him. 
Quite possibly a game with a lot of FGs, but that's...who knows, really? Find a high scoring game or team and go with it.

As for Maher, he's missed a couple this year. Was a CFL kicker with around a 72-4% accuracy rating there. I was surprised Dallas signed him last year, though he performed well for the first 3/4 of the year last year. Now, I don't know. I'm a Jets homer and they stink, but they'll have Darnold back, which, while not like getting Mahomes back, is huge in comparison to what they were throwing out there.

For you guys with Matt Bryant on Yahoo, I'm hearing they've corrected this and he's back to normal and being projected for points. Is that correct?

For you guys with Matt Bryant on Yahoo, I'm hearing they've corrected this and he's back to normal and being projected for points. Is that correct?
Boy Joe, Yahoo alert says 13,829 have dropped Bryant. That's what I am checking on. He's still projected for 8.57 points.

I think Slye is hold worthy on the news Cam may sit permanently this year.
Thinking the exact same thing.

I don't like holding two kickers to cover for one's bye -- too much depth/lotto tickets to hold instead.

Slye may be worth it, though I wonder about the two FGs missed today -- one from 40+, the other from 50+. Makes me wonder if there is some variability building in his game.

I don't like holding two kickers to cover for one's bye -- too much depth/lotto tickets to hold instead.

Slye may be worth it, though I wonder about the two FGs missed today -- one from 40+, the other from 50+. Makes me wonder if there is some variability building in his game.
In case you don't know, one was a free kick from very very long, but yeah he has been missing...

They play have 3 dome games left - NO, ATL and IND the next to last game of the year. Plus, some good matchups at home, TEN, ATL WAS. In my 16-team league, I may pick him up during his bye next week.  

I think Slye is hold worthy on the news Cam may sit permanently this year.
Picked up Fairbairn (sp?) with the thought he’d get plenty of opportunity in the shootout.

Kept Slye, but benched him.

Now I’m going to loose because of the last minute kicker swap. 

Now I’m stupid enough to have to hold Slye, through the bye - after benching him. And loosing because I did that.

kickers are fun 🤮

Didn't even know people rostered multiple kickers, if you bench a K when he's not even on his bye what's the point
Depends on the size of the league and the rules. My league is 16 teams, you can't pick up a player after dropping him and there is a cost. With byes and  weather concerns, by the end of the drop/add period in  early December, I expect 5 or 6  teams in my league to have 2 kicker. 

Didn't even know people rostered multiple kickers, if you bench a K when he's not even on his bye what's the point
Outside of league rules like the ones @SoBeDad mentions, not sure there is a point.

How do you feel about rostering a kicker on a bye (as opposed to just streaming from there) -- and if you are fine with it, which Ks this year would you hold through their byes?

Kickers tend to be interchangeable and not have wide spreads between them, but this year, I might hold Greg the Leg. My league scoring (slight bonus for distance) he's just 5 points ahead of #2, and Top 9 kickers -- including 2 on the wire right now -- are within 12.

Debating the value of holding Slye, not sure if there is one looking at it from a total points perspective. Looking for other perspectives, including ones done by PPG.

Outside of league rules like the ones @SoBeDad mentions, not sure there is a point.

How do you feel about rostering a kicker on a bye (as opposed to just streaming from there) -- and if you are fine with it, which Ks this year would you hold through their byes?

Kickers tend to be interchangeable and not have wide spreads between them, but this year, I might hold Greg the Leg. My league scoring (slight bonus for distance) he's just 5 points ahead of #2, and Top 9 kickers -- including 2 on the wire right now -- are within 12.

Debating the value of holding Slye, not sure if there is one looking at it from a total points perspective. Looking for other perspectives, including ones done by PPG.
I wouldn't hold a kicker through a bye, personally. Most of my leagues have ditched kickers entirely the last few years. 

Elliot threw an interception 😂
In the most bizarre experience of my 20+ years playing FF, my kicker threw an interception (-3)....to my defensive lineman (+5)....for A net positive of +2 points.  :shock:

on another note, in the MNF Niners/Browns topic I got a little too excited (& buzzed) what with my team winning, and when criticizing Booger for well, being Booger, I used a masked swear-word. 

For my transgression I received a 6-day + 2 hour suspension. Maybe the mod thought I was directing it at a member rather than commenting on Booger’s commentary, but that doesn’t really matter.

It was my bad for violating that rule & i’d like to first apologize to @Joe Bryant, and also to the rest of the board community. It happened to be the week of the 1st K contest of the year & results/winner announcement were delayed as a result of my stupidity. 

I’ll try be, as Joe often says, “way cooler” in the future.

i will also get to the K contest results today to figure out a winner once I’ve got my orders filled & deliveries made - once again, my apologies for the delay, and to the entire community for my transgression.

Go Niners,

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread