What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (4 Viewers)

People seem to be down on Catanzaro (I got an alert that he was dropped in a large number of Yahoo leagues), but I'm holding. He's missed a couple in the past two weeks, plus an XP, but he's still on a high-powered offense.

Probably won't bother holding him through the bye, though.

So in short bench leagues would you consider dropping Tucker because Crosby is available? and Tucker is on bye next week?

Tucker has been rock solid.

Been good with Hauschka all year and am considering holding him through the bye in a 14 teamer with short benches. Put in a claim for McManus and was going to try and hold both for a week.

Didn't work. Now trying to figure out next week. J. Brown is on waiver. About to burn ww position on an attempt to get him but would want to keep Hauschka and also needed a TE. Decisions decisions in trying to keep a 1st place team afloat and just losing Foster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been good with Hauschka all year and am considering holding him through the bye in a 14 teamer with short benches. Put in a claim for McManus and was going to try and hold both for a week.

Didn't work. Now trying to figure out next week. J. Brown is on waiver. About to burn ww position on an attempt to get him but would want to keep Hauschka and also needed a TE. Decisions decisions in trying to keep a 1st place team afloat and just losing Foster.
I have a claim in for Cooks (just dropped) if I don't get him I plan on dropping Snead for Crosby in a short bench.

Yeah, I would keep Tucker if I could.

I need to drop 2 to cover way so many week 9 byes. Michael Floyd will be one. Hoping David Johnson is not the other. I'm a believer in his late season redraft potential but don't want to give up Hauchka's consistency and high ceiling, which I think will continue and has been the difference in some close games.

I need to drop 2 to cover way so many week 9 byes. Michael Floyd will be one. Hoping David Johnson is not the other. I'm a believer in his late season redraft potential but don't want to give up Hauchka's consistency and high ceiling, which I think will continue and has been the difference in some close games.
I agree if you can keep a top K and D in a short bench it's valuable.

Do you like Tucker ROS more than Crosby?

FBG's has Crosby 3 and Tucker 4

Keeping two away from my opponents could work as Snead being dropped there's plently of guys just like him on waivers. Austin, Wright, Amendola etc.

I agree if you can keep a top K and D in a short bench it's valuable.

Do you like Tucker ROS more than Crosby?

FBG's has Crosby 3 and Tucker 4

Keeping two away from my opponents could work as Snead being dropped there's plently of guys just like him on waivers. Austin, Wright, Amendola etc.
I've got the exact same issue (cut Tucker for an available Crosby --or Dan Bailey) and still wrestling with it

Thoughts on keeping two top kickers to prevent an opponent from having one? McManus and Crosby were dropped due to byes in my league.

So in short bench leagues would you consider dropping Tucker because Crosby is available? and Tucker is on bye next week?

These choices always come down to who else you would have to cut if you didn't cut Tucker. That's where I make the decision, not on Tucker's value independently.

Arodin,

I agree. I'd be dropping Snead for Crosby if I'm not able to swap Snead for Cooks who was dropped.

I feel like dropping Snead and carrying Crosby and Tucker is more valuable as many WRs like Snead are on waivers.

I was lucky (I think) to get Dallas K to replace Buffalo on a bye. Bailey has not missed on anything yet this year.
Had Bailey early on -- thought with Romo and Dez out, yet Dallas still winning, Bailey would be great as DAL could move the ball but didn't have the home run offense they usually did.

Turned out for me that Bailey was decent but not as consistent or as high scoring as other options out there. Could be different going forward, but much rather have McManus, Crosby, or Tucker.

I was in the same situation yesterday and ended up dropping tucker for Crosby. Crosby's warm weather and dome match ups week 15 and 16 (Oak and Ari) along with Crosby already having his bye were the deciding factors for me. Tucker plays at home in Baltimore those fantasy playoff weeks. What happens if there is snow and freezing rain? Won't be an issue for Crosby.

Yes it sucks to waive tucker since he's been great for me but I don't expect Crosby to provide a noticible drop off.

Arodin,

I agree. I'd be dropping Snead for Crosby if I'm not able to swap Snead for Cooks who was dropped.

I feel like dropping Snead and carrying Crosby and Tucker is more valuable as many WRs like Snead are on waivers.
Yeah, Snead has tailed off, and can likely be replaced by various flavor-of-the-week waiver WRs if needed, unless your league is particularly deep.

Cooks still has enough kool-aid available that I'd be less inclined to drop him for a backup kicker.

Ask yourself: if I assume Tucker will be picked up off waivers, and I therefore have to roll with Crosby the rest of the year, how much will it hurt me? If the answer is "not that much," save your bench.

Stompin said:
Leroy Hoard said:
I was lucky (I think) to get Dallas K to replace Buffalo on a bye. Bailey has not missed on anything yet this year.
Had Bailey early on -- thought with Romo and Dez out, yet Dallas still winning, Bailey would be great as DAL could move the ball but didn't have the home run offense they usually did.

Turned out for me that Bailey was decent but not as consistent or as high scoring as other options out there. Could be different going forward, but much rather have McManus, Crosby, or Tucker.
Kicker can be such an up and down position based on a lot of things beyond their control. A 35 point offense means 5 points and a 6 point offense can mean a minimum of 6 points, so I just go with the one who nails them when given the chance. :shrug:

Was able to land Cooks on waivers.

Thinking about dropping Starks (Lacy cuff) I'm pretty much using the GB RB ROS though.

Will play it by year.

Might even take a 0 at K next week if Crosby gets scooped.

Liking my 4 player bench of Lafell, Diggs, Cooks, Bennett

Blair Walsh has torn it up the last two weeks. Last week 5/5 on FGAs and 3/4 on XPAs, good for 20 points in most leagues. Thats like an extra RB1 on your squad. If the Min offense is truly getting a jump start from Diggs then Walsh should be upgraded. The schedule is a little iffy down the road though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am feeling really good right now for swapping out Cairo Santos for Bailey for the stretch run.

It'd be great to see them drive down and him hit another long one for the win.

So, how about that Tucker?

His 5 FGs and 2 XPs got me 20 fantasy points today, and will put him as the #2 kicker in points for the season right after Gostkowski. Hopefully the good times continue even though Steve Smith's departure will probably mean a few less opportunities for Tucker since Smith was the engine that drove Baltimore between the 20s.

I waived Tucker for Crosby before his bye but snatched him back up on a hunch and oh man am I happy I did. I am NOT dropping Tucker during his bye and will never be so foolish to consider dropping him again.

Own Catanzaro in two leagues. Already dropped him for Gould in the one with open waivers (other than the Seattle shutout, he has been rock solid every week and is past his bye). In the other, probably targeting Jano.

I do believe the kicker to get coming out of the bye break will be Connor Barth. TB was leading the league in FGAs before they signed him, but Brindza (with the exception of course of the Saints game) couldn't hit anything. Barth is a pro (Herman used to talk him up) and he nailed all 3 attempts yesterday.
That's a very good call. Barth was the guy that saved the Broncos last year after the Prater/McManus mess. Then lost out to McManus this year in training camp. Barth's always been a pro though, and had some good years on some very bad Bucs teams.

Their 15 FGA leads the NFL through 5 weeks. Plus you'll get him after his buy if you pick him up next week.

In the meantime, Brown, Gould, and Catanzarro are guys I'm trying to lock down in all my leagues, if available.
Added Barth this morning in my main leagues, dropping Gould.
:pickle:
:pickle:

Barth & Walsh are rocking it of late.

Pretty happy with my decision to keep McManus rostered through his bye week. Total stud. Not quite Neil Rackers back on the day but he's getting lots of FGAs & nailing the long ones.

Despite pitching a great game (for the most part) last night, the Noodle Armed Forehead isn't going to suddenly find his fastball. Expecting drives to continue to break down. With that defense they'll be content to take any points they can get.

I've been rolling with Lambo, he has an almost exclusively warm schedule the rest of the season (not sure if that's a big factor or not but I figure it can't hurt). He's been very accurate, and the loss of Allen could result in a lot of stalled drives.

Who are we using for Tucker this week?

I'm in a short bench league and actually keeping Tucker (Dropping Starks for a kicker)

Haushcka was actually dropped on my league so I may do something about it. The kicker position has killed me this season (lost twice because my kicker scored 1 point)
Saw him dropped in my league too. I have Brown who has been great, but he has a bye coming up. Might be time to transition.

Mason Crosby was ranked #2 K in the FBG rankings yesterday. He underperformed again--in 2015, GB is neither kicking many FGs nor XPs, and Crosby's been a steady turd.

Anyone think Crosby's worth holding onto for the playoffs weeks 14-16 vs DAL @ OAK @ ARZ?

Mason Crosby was ranked #2 K in the FBG rankings yesterday. He underperformed again--in 2015, GB is neither kicking many FGs nor XPs, and Crosby's been a steady turd.

Anyone think Crosby's worth holding onto for the playoffs weeks 14-16 vs DAL @ OAK @ ARZ?
Seriously considering parting ways with him. I remember a couple weeks ago I was deciding between Crosby and Bailey. Made the wrong decision.

Rough week for McManus.

On the wire: Santos, Catanzarro, Bailey. Might stick with him, though.
yeah --what are thoughts about McManus? Guess its hard to say until we know what happens at QB moving forward--
same predicament, but dont have the option of bailey. i am heavily leaning towards swapping out mcmanus for catanzarro.

another 1-point mcmanus week would be horrific come playoff time. in one regard, i could see denvers defense playing stout and the offense mustering just enough to eek out some 16-7 type wins. i could also see denver losing those same games 16-7. that offense looked like garbage. i would assume a week of prep gets brock a bit more prepared, but is he going to be able to move the ball consistently with no o-line, no running game and a banged up sanders? that is my dilemma.

on the other hand, it seems like az is going to move the ball at will regardless of opponent, and my gut has to go with the kicker whose offense can (seemingly) drive the ball down the field each and every possession.

thoughts?

-biz-

Rough week for McManus.

On the wire: Santos, Catanzarro, Bailey. Might stick with him, though.
yeah --what are thoughts about McManus? Guess its hard to say until we know what happens at QB moving forward--
same predicament, but dont have the option of bailey. i am heavily leaning towards swapping out mcmanus for catanzarro.

another 1-point mcmanus week would be horrific come playoff time. in one regard, i could see denvers defense playing stout and the offense mustering just enough to eek out some 16-7 type wins. i could also see denver losing those same games 16-7. that offense looked like garbage. i would assume a week of prep gets brock a bit more prepared, but is he going to be able to move the ball consistently with no o-line, no running game and a banged up sanders? that is my dilemma.

on the other hand, it seems like az is going to move the ball at will regardless of opponent, and my gut has to go with the kicker whose offense can (seemingly) drive the ball down the field each and every possession.

thoughts?

-biz-
He was dropped in my league and am considering him, along with Cairo Santos and Catanzaro (I currently have Sturgis). Love McManus kicking in the thin Denver air. But if Osweiler makes the offense punt 6 or 7 times a game, he could be rendered worthless.

Anyone have thoughts on Barth? He's been either adequate or ballistic despite his mediocre team. I'm afraid of picking him up and TB getting blown out weeks 14-16...

I dropped McManaus in my league where Cat was available but didn't where Barth/Carpenter are best on ww.

Users who are viewing this thread