What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (1 Viewer)

OK, so here's how things shook out: 

For the 1st time in this contest's 4 or 5 year history, we had not one, but TWO entries where the K did not attempt a FG. Congrats to the folks who selected Myers & Godskowski, you are this weeks biggest losers. The good news is you don't lose any less than the other losers, you just suffer more humiliation as a result. 

On to the top 4: 

4. @I-ROK did really well for his 1st entry into the contest ever & Tucker was a decent pony. 15.7 as a guess of total points was just a bit too far off of the actual of 11.5 (4.2), and the long of 47 was just so so close to the actual long of 46 (1), for a total variance of of 5.2  :sadbanana:

3. @Instinctive was pretty solid with Greg Zurlien. 14.3 points was almost exactly the total of 14.4 (.1!) but the long was his undoing at 44 vs the actual of 40 (4) for a 4.1 point variance. :sadbanana:

2. @apalmer had Justin Tucker. The total points guess of 13 was off by a smidge from the 11.5 actual (1.5) and long of 48 was also just off from the 46 actual for a total variance of 3.5.  :sadbanana:

And our #1 K contest guestimator is: 

@davidwb is the winner and prognosticator extraordinaire with Will Lutz. His guess of 16.7 total points was just off of the actual 15.5 (1.2) & his guess of long of 53 was dead on point at 53 (0) for a total variance of just 1.2 points.You magnificent *******. What a stellar guess, and a well earned prize.  Congratulations on your win! Please PM me a shipping address and your preference of mild, medium, hot or XHot (you can specify up to 2, since you're getting a 2-pack)  :pickle:

And not one kicker selected missed an XPAT, so no one suffered that particular -5 indignity. Curses!  :rant:

Thanks for playing everyone, and I will do another K contest sometime this season!

Please note: The next time it will be in its own contest topic so as not to uh, interrupt any critical K news, of which there was (checks notes) none between the last contest entry & yesterday. Several days passed without this topic being bumped from 3 pages back, so...um....yeah.  :unsure:

His name is Jason Sanders. I’m pretty sure I won the hot sauce with him last week! 🔥
Sadly, you did not. Sanders was a great pony - record-setting in fact. However your guesses weren't great. :(  

You guessed that he would have 14 points. He had 24 (10). You guessed his long would be 48. His  long was 52 (4). Your total variance was 14. 

:sadbanana:

Sadly, you did not. Sanders was a great pony - record-setting in fact. However your guesses weren't great. :(  

You guessed that he would have 14 points. He had 24 (10). You guessed his long would be 48. His  long was 52 (4). Your total variance was 14. 

:sadbanana:
I guess I totally misunderstood the contest. Probably would’ve been a good idea to read the rules. I just assumed we were supposed to pick which kicker would have the most points and the variance would come into play if more than one person picked the same kicker. Oh well, thanks for doing the contest anyway!

I just assumed we were supposed to pick which kicker would have the most points and the variance would come into play if more than one person picked the same kicker
alas, it’s an “all of the above” type deal. 

Fret not - there will be another contest! Thank you for playing.   :pickle:

OK, so here's how things shook out: 

For the 1st time in this contest's 4 or 5 year history, we had not one, but TWO entries where the K did not attempt a FG. Congrats to the folks who selected Myers & Godskowski, you are this weeks biggest losers. The good news is you don't lose any less than the other losers, you just suffer more humiliation as a result. 
Thank you @Hot Sauce Guy Very proud of my pick! :sarcasm:   Now not only did Gostkowski kill me the first week in fantasy with his 3 missed FG’s and missed XP, but now in the kicker contest also. 🤦‍♂️ 

I wonder if now is the time to pick up Gostowski fairly cheap and just set and forget for the year.
I had thought about it...ended up sticking with Crosby now that he is past his bye as well.  Schedule looks fine for weather the rest of the season...and they score alot and still give him decent amount of FG opportunities.  

I had thought about it...ended up sticking with Crosby now that he is past his bye as well.  Schedule looks fine for weather the rest of the season...and they score alot and still give him decent amount of FG opportunities.  
I wound up grabbing Crosby as well.

I had Crosby, had to drop him for the bye.  I was able to pick up Zuerlien.  Now I'm wondering if i should go back and get Crosby.....🤷‍♂️

I had Crosby, had to drop him for the bye.  I was able to pick up Zuerlien.  Now I'm wondering if i should go back and get Crosby.....🤷‍♂️
Week to week you are probably looking at similar.  I used Z in Crosby's bye week.  But chose Crosby due to now having the bye out of the way.  Don't have to worry about swapping kickers (barring Covid caused bye weeks)

The Falcons may......and it is still early, may have a COVID issue. Who are people looking at picking up off the WW to replace Koo if you have to?

Some idiot in my league burns a roster spot carrying his Kicker over the bye every year. He also drafts one super early in the draft. 

Anyway, this year his Kicker is Crosby. He carried him over the bye on his bench. He picked up Blankenship to cover the bye. Now he just dropped Blankenship so he could keep Crosby. 

:loco:

Some idiot in my league burns a roster spot carrying his Kicker over the bye every year. He also drafts one super early in the draft. 

Anyway, this year his Kicker is Crosby. He carried him over the bye on his bench. He picked up Blankenship to cover the bye. Now he just dropped Blankenship so he could keep Crosby. 

:loco:
I've done something similar to this in the past, and was able to sell the kicker I didn't want for $1-$3 depending on how well my filler kicker did, leading up to waivers.

I wouldn't cut anyone useful or leave a potential diamond in the rough on the wire to make that happen, though.

I added Zuerlein in hopes the Cowboys offense ends up with a few more FGAs each week under Dalton.

If they do, Z is someone you'll want to have.

Have Blankenship (love the 'Wild Thing' glasses) and am considering holding on to him this week while he is on a bye (plays in a dome or warm weather every game until week 16, and until this past week has been double digits every week). Of course, that means I would have to roster two kickers this week (and would have to waive MVS in order to do so--not that I will be using MVS any time soon, as he is garbage).

Is it crazy to carry Blankenship through his bye week ? 

Have Blankenship (love the 'Wild Thing' glasses) and am considering holding on to him this week while he is on a bye (plays in a dome or warm weather every game until week 16, and until this past week has been double digits every week). Of course, that means I would have to roster two kickers this week (and would have to waive MVS in order to do so--not that I will be using MVS any time soon, as he is garbage).

Nope. Planning on doing it myself this week as well. 

Haven’t decided on a drop yet though 

Nope. Planning on doing it myself this week as well. 

Haven’t decided on a drop yet though 
Thanks, Ray. Glad I am not alone on this. This week's game played about as poorly as possible for a kicker, and he still got 7 points. As the weather gets worse, the fact that he does not see bad weather/outdoors until week 16, is a huge plus as far as I am concerned. I am also expecting Rivers to revert back to what he was doing prior to this week. 

Rams signed K Kai Forbath. 

For now, seventh-round rookie Sam Sloman remains on the 53-man roster. The Athletic's Jourdan Rodrigue believes it may be a "motivational move." Sloman has converted 7-of-9 field goals but shanked 3-of-18 extra points. There could be a mini competition in this week's practices before coach Sean McVay decides on a starter for Week 7 against the Bears. Perhaps not coincidentally, it had been Chicago where Forbath was on the practice squad. 

RELATED: 

Sam Sloman

SOURCE: Jourdan Rodrigue on Twitter 

Oct 20, 2020, 1:51 PM ET

Nope, I am doing the same.  Love the glasses and consistency.  Rivers being terrible helps.

Blankenship dropped in my league.  What % of FAAB would y'all spend on him?
wouldn't go crazy on a kicker, but I think he is the real deal. I know people say "it's just a kicker" and that they are "a dime a dozen", but a good solid kicker, that gets you at least 7 points every week (and double digits most weeks), can make the difference between making the playoffs and the loser's pool. 

Panthers placed K Joey Slye on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

They also placed backup OL Trent Scott on the list. Neither player has tested positive but were added due to close contact. The Panthers will need to sign a kicker if Slye can't get cleared for Week 7.

Oct 21, 2020, 11:33 AM ET

Two kickers? 

An embarrassment of riches. 
:unsure:
Holding Blankenship over his bye,  he's the #2 scorer as a kicker by less than a quarter of a point and has scored more than Mostert, Chark, Sanders, Singletary, and many more.

Picked up Koo to cover Blankenship's bye.

I don't think I've ever had this kind of howitzer firepower on my kicking bench.

Has anyone ever successfully packaged a kicker with someone to a leaguemate whose kicker is about to go on a bye? Would seem a shame to drop a guy like Koo on the wire but feel a lot of people aren't going to be keen on trading for such a fungible position like K.

Holding Blankenship over his bye,  he's the #2 scorer as a kicker by less than a quarter of a point and has scored more than Mostert, Chark, Sanders, Singletary, and many more.

I don't think I've ever had this kind of howitzer firepower on my kicking bench.

Has anyone ever successfully packaged a kicker with someone to a leaguemate whose kicker is about to go on a bye? Would seem a shame to drop a guy like Koo on the wire but feel a lot of people aren't going to be keen on trading for such a fungible position like K.
Surprised Koo was out there on your waiver wire--perhaps he was dropped the week he was hurt. Kicks in a dome for a team with a powerful offense that tends to get bogged down in the red zone. What more could you want ? Besides Blankenship of course. LOL

I'm surprised Koo isn't number one in scoring in your league, he's number one in Average points / game by almost 2 points in my league.

I'd love to have Koo, he'd be my first choice this year.

I could see a K being used to sweeten a trade with a team that's weak at K.

Pardon me sir, do you have any Grey Poupon?

Light week for WW grabs so I dumped Mark Ingram for Justin Tucker. After his bye I’m kicking Buttkicker to the curb - 4 missed PATs, which are (-1) in our format. KC is something T17th in FGA per game.

Of course he’ll probably have a great second half once I cut him loose.

Anybody taking a flier on McManus? He's been huge the last two weeks. Worth chasing?  Lock can't get it done in the redzone. Bit concerned that their offense isn't great and their defense are no world beaters either. But they will definitely let McManus rip it from deep in that thin Denver air. 

I'm about ready to get off the Gostkowski ride.

Anybody taking a flier on McManus? He's been huge the last two weeks. Worth chasing?  Lock can't get it done in the redzone. Bit concerned that their offense isn't great and their defense are no world beaters either. But they will definitely let McManus rip it from deep in that thin Denver air. 

I'm about ready to get off the Gostkowski ride.
I'm debating between Mcmanus and Succop.  I had Lutz on a bye last week so I dropped him and somebody picked him up.  I almost opted for Mamanus last week but went with Sly from CAR and regret it...

Prater (@ATL) and Badgely (vs JAX).

Two offenses either indoors or good weather in offenses that should be scoring points this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread