What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Corey Coleman - WR - Patriots (1 Viewer)

Way to dumb to stick with the Pats. When you can't make the Bills team, you really shouldn't make any team.
That team has kept Andre Holmes on the roster for multiple years and started Nathan Peterman in the middle of a playoff run last year. Are you sure their front office would score higher on a wonderlic?

10 on the wonderlic and couldn't make the Bills roster...
Yep, I can't picture a guy who allegedly has difficulty learning a playbook and may have attitude or work ethic issues having a long or successful run with Belichick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I can't picture a guy who allegedly has difficulty learning a playbook and may have attitude or work ethic issues having a long or successful run with Belichick.
Not sure if I like it or not. If anyone can straighten him out it's probably the Pat's but their complicated offense doesn't seem like a good fit.

What will his role be? With the likes of Gronk, Hogan, Edelman(when he returns) will he be the burner that goes for the long ball?

Odd signing. I'd say it has more to do with McCarron's muffed punt than Coleman's talent. Riley's locker was probably being cleared out before SNF and they needed a new body in the meeting room by Tuesday.

How do people value Coleman now that he is in NE?  Is he bad or has his lack of success just been CLE?  What kind of production do you expect?

The Man With No Name said:
His lack of success is because of injuries and not being the brightest guy around. Has plenty of talent
But if he is that slow to pick things up, then it will take him a long time to learn NE offense.

Bri said:
I think BB will spoonfeed him at first
I have to imagine the pats know why he found himself out of a job and what they’re getting themselves into. I’d be surprised if he was another quick cut just from not instantly picking up the playbook.

That obviously leaves the attitude question, but if anything would have been a wake up call for a guy it’d be getting cut from the bills. Even assuming he’s a moron there’s probably a ~20% chance this is where he decides to rededicate himself.

I wouldn’t pay anything of value for him, but I’ll gladly pick him up off waivers for free in dynasty and see how it pans out.

The Man With No Name said:
His lack of success is because of injuries and not being the brightest guy around. Has plenty of talent
Yeah, people seem to gloss over the fact that he flukishly broke his hand twice, costing a lot of games and practice time. He had a nice game as a rookie right before breaking his hand the first time.

If the dude can just learn a playbook, I still think he'll be good. However, NE is the playbook WRs seem to have the hardest time learning.

https://www.thebackyardbanter.com/reception-perception-browns-make-a-refreshing-first-pick-in-corey-coleman.html

If the dude can just learn a playbook, I still think he'll be good. However, NE is the playbook WRs seem to have the hardest time learning.
This is where it's at. BB got a first-rounder for nothing else but minimum salary and expenses for the week. Good work if you can get it, on all accounts. 

Bull Dozier said:
In NFL terms, yes. It seems he's signed a lot of WRs off the trash heap recently without much to show for it. 
Very true. Britt, Matthews, Decker, Chad Johnson all had proven NFL success and all washed out rather quickly. BB basically turned Brandon Lloyd, a premier deep threat, into a possession receiver.

Otis said:
:popcorn:

BB has a way of finding talent and diamonds in the rough and making them work.  This could be huge upside. 
Here are all the wide receivers the Patriots had on their roster since the Super Bowl . . . did they all have huge upside?

Bernard Reedy
Cordarelle Patterson
Matthew Slater
Jordan Matthews
Braxton Berrios
Chris Lacy
Devin Lucien
Cody Hollister
Darren Andrews
Paul Turner
Eric Decker
Malcolm Mitchell
Kenny Britt
K.J. Maye
Riley McCarron
Amara Darboh
Chad Hansen
Jace Billingsley
Bennie Fowler

Coleman becomes the 20th WR in their search for competent receivers. Patterson and Slater are on the main roster . . . everyone else are basically just bodies. 

Here are all the wide receivers the Patriots had on their roster since the Super Bowl . . . did they all have huge upside?

Bernard Reedy
Cordarelle Patterson
Matthew Slater
Jordan Matthews
Braxton Berrios
Chris Lacy
Devin Lucien
Cody Hollister
Darren Andrews
Paul Turner
Eric Decker
Malcolm Mitchell
Kenny Britt
K.J. Maye
Riley McCarron
Amara Darboh
Chad Hansen
Jace Billingsley
Bennie Fowler

Coleman becomes the 20th WR in their search for competent receivers. Patterson and Slater are on the main roster . . . everyone else are basically just bodies. 
Fowler has what kind of impact or affect joining the team when Coleman does? Rushing two to learn the offense ASAP? 

I think they're looking for two. Maybe he makes a decision on the two types, maybe one is inactive, but I think they want a big guy and one that can do everything.

I would guess BB wants Slater replaced by Jennings who once upon a time was his replacement. He's played S, CB, RB, WR, KR, and PR in Ten. I bet he could trade for him, it's just ya don't usually trade for a 5th or 6th WR. Still I'm predicting BB gets frustrated with these WRs and just goes and gets the one he wants.

Kendall Wright is not a BB guy. He adlibs routes and drives OCs crazy. His hands and shiftiness would surely match some of BBs slots but I knew there was no way they sign him when he went. Plus his mindset that he has to get at least a mil to pay for life this year was a bit odd to hear. If he loses his $ demands and ego to develop a "yes coach" mindset, then I would bet the Pats like him. I mean he keeps getting benched and/or the ire of the OC everywhere he goes so at some point you'd think he'd learn. Now he's cut and unemployed, isn't that the perfect setting for crow?

Good luck to Coleman and Fowler, I think this will be their last stop if they don't pan out. 

Wow that's quite a list of WRs that the Patriots have gone through.  Coleman better make a good impression, or he is done.  

If BB can't make a reclimation project out of you, nobody can. 

Dorsett was kind of a disappointment early in his career and may be finding his groove this year....maybe Coleman can do the same in 2019...

I have to imagine the pats know why he found himself out of a job and what they’re getting themselves into. I’d be surprised if he was another quick cut just from not instantly picking up the playbook.

That obviously leaves the attitude question, but if anything would have been a wake up call for a guy it’d be getting cut from the bills. Even assuming he’s a moron there’s probably a ~20% chance this is where he decides to rededicate himself.

I wouldn’t pay anything of value for him, but I’ll gladly pick him up off waivers for free in dynasty and see how it pans out.
You don't think getting cut by the Browns is a wake up call? 

Bernard Reedy
Cordarelle Patterson
Matthew Slater
Jordan Matthews
Braxton Berrios
Chris Lacy
Devin Lucien
Cody Hollister
Darren Andrews
Paul Turner
Eric Decker
Malcolm Mitchell
Kenny Britt
K.J. Maye
Riley McCarron
Amara Darboh
Chad Hansen
Jace Billingsley
Bennie Fowler

Matthews was cut do to injury and Decker retired. I think Darboh is on IR no? Slater is basically NE's Chris Maragos. Guy who plays a position but more so is a Special Teams ace. Turner has some decent upside as a slot guy but he's pretty Raw route running. Bennie Fowler is more of an RB gadget guy. Patterson has some upside if he learns to run routs better. I was surprised they cut Mitchell. Either way next offseason NE has to go find some competent WRs. Gronk and Brady won't be there forever. 

Whispers are he's as dumb as a bag of rocks. Physical talent means almost nothing if you can't even learn a few of the plays. At Baylor it was flag football.
The Big 12 is flag football. That conference has no definition of what a defense is. 

You don't think getting cut by the Browns is a wake up call? 
No, I don’t think getting traded by the browns immediately after he asked for a trade would register as a wake-up call. Quite frankly watching that hard knocks clip of Haley yelling at him that a pass was ‘in his chest’ when it wasn’t makes me think he probably thought the coaching staff had it out for him for some reason. Combined with the organization’s long track record of failure, I think it’d be pretty easy to say “f these jokers” and assume the problem isn’t you. I’ve been a young, immature man before, and it wouldn’t have registered as a wake-up call with me at the time.

With the Bills he was (at least outwardly) excited to be there (or at least out of Cleveland), and it was a fresh start where it’s harder to chalk things up to “x person has a grudge.”

Can't argue with the Cleveland stuff. Their coaching staff is probably dumber than the aforementioned box of rocks.  

Not sure why anyone likes Haley or thinks he is good.  His past good offenses have been in spite of him and not because of him. 

Giants signed Corey Coleman to their practice squad.

Coleman's tour of the NFL continues. Cut twice by the Patriots in the last month, Coleman's Dynasty value is hanging on by a thread.
This is a nice move by the Giants. They're lacked a #3 WR for awhile now and Latimer is on IR. He learns on the practice squad and if everything goes ok he makes the active roster in a few weeks. Plus, no pressure on him to perform like a #1 guy.

Giants signed Corey Coleman off their practice squad.

Cut twice by the Patriots last month after being traded by the Browns and waived by the Bills earlier this year, Coleman might have finally found a place he can stick around. The rebuilding Giants are thin behind Odell Beckham and Sterling Shepard, so it makes sense to see what Coleman can do. The 2016 first-round pick has 56 career catches for 718 yards and five touchdowns.
Talentwise he could develop to be the Giants most talented 3rd WR since Mario Manningham... if everything broke right. He'll probably rotate behind Bennie Fowler for now.

He looked good last week and I searched some to see the prior highlights.

Maybe he found a home and a role with the NYG. 

3-4 plays where they need "someone else" to get open and make a play, he did that. Zero pressure in NY with Odell and Saquan and Engram getting all the attention. Veteran QB. 

Maybe...maybe

He looked good last week and I searched some to see the prior highlights.

Maybe he found a home and a role with the NYG. 

3-4 plays where they need "someone else" to get open and make a play, he did that. Zero pressure in NY with Odell and Saquan and Engram getting all the attention. Veteran QB. 

Maybe...maybe
The skills and athleticism are there. Whether he's smart enough and/or dedicated enough is left to be seen. He's only half a year older than Ridley.

Giants WRs coach Tyke Tolbert said former first-round pick Corey Coleman has a "big opportunity."

Although he made an impact as a returner, Coleman caught just five passes last season after joining the Giants in October. "By him being in the offseason program with us, he is getting the whole gamut, from the very first install all the way through," Tolbert said. He is also looking at a wide-open depth chart behind Golden Tate and Sterling Shepard, who are both more at home in the slot than outside. Coleman will be a name to watch during training camp.

SOURCE: Newark Star-Ledger

May 9, 2019, 8:51 AM ET

He's definitely got a shot. It was initially thought that the Giants would use Cody Latimer in 3-wide sets since he's a bigger body and a deep threat, but the Giants plan to run more 4-wide sets and 2 TE sets with Engram lining up wide. Coleman has a legit shot to have value depending on how preseason shakes out.

Any truthers still around? As a Giants fan, I stashed him in two deep bench leagues to give me something to follow when training camp begins.

Remember: 4.38 40, 6.62 3-cone, 45" vertical, 11'3" broad jump. He has zero pressure on him now. I'll take the 1% chance that he emerges as a fantasy WR3. 

Any truthers still around? As a Giants fan, I stashed him in two deep bench leagues to give me something to follow when training camp begins.

Remember: 4.38 40, 6.62 3-cone, 45" vertical, 11'3" broad jump. He has zero pressure on him now. I'll take the 1% chance that he emerges as a fantasy WR3. 
I’m not a truther but I am a guy who absolutely loves opportunities to make bets like this for free. I picked him up in fcfs late last season and couldn’t be happier with how open things are in front of him for the cost of a roster spot. I’m not expecting much but I’ll gladly hold and see what happens

Users who are viewing this thread