What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Xfinity 300GB Data Cap (1 Viewer)

Ray Karpis

Footballguy
What a bunch of crap. Notified of this new "trial" data cap after I switched to them.

Garbage company.

Last edited by a moderator:
no cap here

but i've also only hit 300 once in the last 12 months... and i was doing a load of torrenting that month.

Usual usage is about 70.

Not a netflix user though.. i imagine those are the people that hit it

350GB "cap" and we hit 400 in May. All others this year have been below so I haven't gotten a nastygram this year. Got several last year when the cap was 250.

Complete crap - they just tripled my monthly fee for the blazing fast 75mbps service that caps out 9-10 mbps like the old service. It is great to only have one choice where i live. They can go f themsleves as far as i am concerned.

A lot of it for me is our son doing online games. Daughter streams a lot of Netflix too. I listen to streaming music, sometimes all day.

No cap here.

But I see where they show 212 of 300 used as part of their website visual. But all cap'ing being suspended.

Never had a cap. Records show we have gone over 300 several times and never had a charge.

Complete crap - they just tripled my monthly fee for the blazing fast 75mbps service that caps out 9-10 mbps like the old service. It is great to only have one choice where i live. They can go f themsleves as far as i am concerned.
9-10 out of the modem or router? I just had it install and it's 90 out of modem but 10 (wireless) out of my old crappy router. Waiting on my new router.

freeannyong said:
9-10 out of the modem or router? I just had it install and it's 90 out of modem but 10 (wireless) out of my old crappy router. Waiting on my new router.
either or. I have tried hard wiring directly to the modem with marginally better results. I just bought a $150 modem so I am placing the blame squarely on the internet provider.

freeannyong said:
Could also be an old modem, if you're a long term customer and never had a modem upgrade.

freeannyong said:
either or. I have tried hard wiring directly to the modem with marginally better results. I just bought a $150 modem so I am placing the blame squarely on the internet provider.
Sounds like it could be them then. I am using a Zoom 5341J modem.

I had the choice between Xfinity and Wave broadband in my area. Both have caps but Waves high end plan had 1 TB compared to Xfinities 300 GB. Hell, my girlfriend and I can burn through that in streaming and gaming and we never torrent, so Wave was chosen.

freeannyong said:
Could also be an old modem, if you're a long term customer and never had a modem upgrade.
Needs to be a DOCSIS 3.0 modem. If it's not you won't get even clsose to 75Mbps

freeannyong said:
Needs to be a DOCSIS 3.0 modem. If it's not you won't get even clsose to 75Mbps
i will try this. Completely over these guys at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread