What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Concerts thread - FBG's lovin' live music, we're back in action! (4 Viewers)

If anyone in the Boston area is looking for a ticket to see Julien Baker (of boy genius) pm me! I unfortunately can’t go due to work. 

free of charge 

Saw Dead and Co this past Saturday.  I haven't been listening much this tour but Saturday's show was awesome.

Heading to New York this week, seeing Lord Huron in lower  Manhattan Thursday night.  Then off to Asbury Park for Sea-Hear-Now festival this weekend.  Then back home and Heartless Bastards next weekend.

Psychedelic furs are coming around here in October. They worth going to? I have not checked prices yet.

Just looked $40.00

Going to see David Bromberg in Jim Thorpe PA in early October. And then again in Annapolis MD in early December. He never does a bad show.

Squeeze and Hall and Oates were pretty good last night. Really happy we got to go to DC to see Bob Mould as well Saturday night in DC. Front 242 the other night was fun too. 

One more concert coming up in 2 weeks and then two at the end of October: 

Ocean Blue 10/2 (West Palm Beach)

English Beat with The Fixx 10/22 (Clearwater)

Psychedelic Furs 10/29 (Clearwater)

Nitzer Ebb 12/4 (Tampa). Any EBM fans here?

Black Keys at the tiny Lyric Theater in Oxford MS maybe living in the future with COVID protocols? 

- Vax card or negative test (48h) required 

- COVID-Sniffing dogs working the lines! 😂🤘🏼

Apparently these pups are about 92% accurate, making them close to PCR test accuracy (the gold standard).

I was a bit nervous about this show... much less so now. 
Bob Mould show the other night in DC was proof of vaccine (card or photo of card) or negative test in 72 hours. It was weird, but it’s the normal moving forward for a while. The dogs definitely sound interesting. 

Saw Dead and Co this past Saturday.  I haven't been listening much this tour but Saturday's show was awesome.

Heading to New York this week, seeing Lord Huron in lower  Manhattan Thursday night.  Then off to Asbury Park for Sea-Hear-Now festival this weekend.  Then back home and Heartless Bastards next weekend.
How was the festival?  Didn't realize that it was going down or I might've gone.    Perfect weather.

King Crimson w/ The Zappa Band coming up in September and will be my first show post-covid. Followed closely by Primus (performing Rush's "A Farewell to Kings" album). Also got tickets for Samantha Fish and Christone "Kingfish" Ingram (separate shows) in November.

Welcome back, live music!
I really want to see this show, but

1. it’s on a Wednesday at a venue an hour away

2. supposed to rain like crazy

3. nobody I know likes them.  Was trying to convince the wife to go but she hates them 

all of that combined just has me not motivated enough to go

How was the festival?  Didn't realize that it was going down or I might've gone.    Perfect weather.

It was great.  Awesome setting, everything was well-run, the bands we saw were great.  We just didn't get to see as much as we wanted.  My wife and I think festivals might not be for us any more.  The walk between the stages was long and there were a number of back-to-back artists we wanted to see.  For instance, on Saturday we watched all of Lord Huron, who ended right when Pearl Jam started.  And I think more than half of the people were primarily there to see PJ, we ended up far away on the beach and the sound wasn't that great.

My first time seeing Goose.  Incredible band, can't wait to see more of them.

It was great.  Awesome setting, everything was well-run, the bands we saw were great.  We just didn't get to see as much as we wanted.  My wife and I think festivals might not be for us any more.  The walk between the stages was long and there were a number of back-to-back artists we wanted to see.  For instance, on Saturday we watched all of Lord Huron, who ended right when Pearl Jam started.  And I think more than half of the people were primarily there to see PJ, we ended up far away on the beach and the sound wasn't that great.

My first time seeing Goose.  Incredible band, can't wait to see more of them.

Sadly, I've come to realize that the music festival experience is a young man's game.

King Crimson w/ The Zappa Band coming up in September and will be my first show post-covid. Followed closely by Primus (performing

Rush

's "A Farewell to Kings" album). Also got tickets for Samantha Fish and Christone "Kingfish"

Ingram

(separate shows) in November.

Welcome back, live music!
I really want to see this show, but

1. it’s on a Wednesday at a venue an hour away

2. supposed to rain like crazy

3. nobody I know likes them.  Was trying to convince the wife to go but she hates them 

all of that combined just has me not motivated enough to go
That's this Saturday for me. Although its not looking good for me to make it. This is re-scheduled from summer 2020 and now I have a big family event this weekend.

I saw Primus a few years ago on a twin bill with Clutch (I'm a big Clutch fan). Definitely a fun show even though I only knew about half the songs.

Anybody here seen Snail Mail live and enjoyed it? I love her studio work, but I've seen her live twice and she was terrible both times. I've watched a bunch of Youtube clips from other shows and it's mostly the same. It strikes me as something psychological, like she intentionally performs poorly? (I read she went to rehab recently, might also be a drinking/drugs thing?)

Just a shame because she's really talented but I'm looking at her upcoming tour dates and can't bring myself to pay for tickets to see her live again. Hoping maybe as she gets a bit older and works through her issues she can bring it live the way she does in pre-recorded settings. 

Osaurus said:
Squeeze and Hall and Oates were pretty good last night. 

We got there late in Squeeze's set, saw their last 3 songs, so I didn't miss Tempted or Black Coffe in Bed, which was perfect. They sounded great.

Hall & Oates...they were aight. Daryl's voice is pretty shot at this point...I mean, they're in their 70s so it's expected, but there was quite a drop off from when I saw em a couple years ago at Amalie (with Train and Dhani Harrison opening...just a great show all around).

I'm glad I got to see em a couple times, but I think the Hall & Oates train is close to its last stop. 

Black Crowes & Dirty Honey a couple weeks ago in West Palm was awesome, I can't believe how good the Crowes still sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
We got there late in Squeeze's set, saw their last 3 songs, so I didn't miss Tempted or Black Coffe in Bed, which was perfect. They sounded great.

Hall & Oates...they were aight. Daryl's voice is pretty shot at this point...I mean, they're in their 70s so it's expected, but there was quite a drop off from when I saw em a couple years ago at Amalie (with Train and Dhani Harrison opening...just a great show all around).

I'm glad I got to see em a couple times, but I think the Hall & Oates train is close to its last stop. 

Black Crowes & Dirty Honey a couple weeks ago in West Palm was awesome, I can't believe how good the Ctowes still sound.
I was wondering about the other (younger) guitarist too. They needed help evidently. 

Speaking of concerts, why don’t bands use PPV for these bigger shows?  People would pay $30 all day to watch Guns and Roses play at Wrigley Field.  

SO lots of rumors swirling around tonight's Black Keys show in Oxford. 

St Petersburg and Athens were supposedly fantastic shows... but tonight wraps up the mini-tour and is the only show actually IN the Delta, which is the point of the album and tour.  

COINCIDENTALLY tonight the Oxford Blues Festival kicks off in Oxford as well, and Jimmy "Duck" Holmes is playing.  :oldunsure:

Jimmy is not only a Grammy-Nominated Blues legend, but also owns the Blue Front Cafe, the oldest juke joint in America just down the road from Oxford in Bentonia MS. The Black Keys dig Jimmy so much they played their Spotify Stream show "Delta Kream" Live from the Blue Front Cafe. Dan also recorded and released Jimmy's latest album... 

So... long way around... lots of rumblings some of the artists from the festival are rumored to be sitting in tonight... in particular "Duck". When I heard about this show I was HOPING there would be something special in the works and stars may be aligning. Fingers crossed.... 

I'm hoping to grab Balcony Rail and will be attempting to capture a chunk of the show using iPhone 12pro running a Shure mv88 condenser mic. :popcorn:

Seeing Andy Shauf and Wild Pink tonight at a vaccinated-only show. 

My 4th show in the past month. It’s been nice getting back to live music.

I’m liking this trend of vaccines-required shows. 
Did the Dead at Wrigley this past weekend. My second show this summer, but my first where I let my guard down a bit due to....we'll being at a Dead show. Show was vax or neg test required. Maybe 1% of the crowd was masked. I'm triple vaxxed and basically just unconsciously went into pre COVID Dead show mode; no mask, hanging with different groups of people, sharing doobies with friends, rented an Airbnb with a small group. Just generally post 2019 dumb stuff. Been testing myself the last few days and so far still clear almost 7 days out and feeling good. Probably just got lucky or maybe the vax only outdoor thing works, but damn did that weekend feel good and was so needed.

Man - another reschedule.  This one only for a week. Foreigner moved to 10/8 but they are scrapping the full orchestra behind them - COVID challenges

Sadly, I've come to realize that the music festival experience is a young man's game.
The Merlefest that I went to recently is still friendly for old folks, and I'm talking people in their 70s and early 80s. There are 13 stages there, but they aren't very far apart, but far enough where the music doesn't interfere with music on a stage nearby. Most of the folks in that age bracket stay at the main stage for most of the day, and they leave before the late night headliner.  The festival is on a college campus in the foothills, and most of the stages are outside, but there are a couple that are indoors. Everyone had to show a full vaccination card or a 72 hour negative test to get in. Masks had to be worn in any indoor places.

The Merlefest that I went to recently is still friendly for old folks, and I'm talking people in their 70s and early 80s. There are 13 stages there, but they aren't very far apart, but far enough where the music doesn't interfere with music on a stage nearby. Most of the folks in that age bracket stay at the main stage for most of the day, and they leave before the late night headliner.  The festival is on a college campus in the foothills, and most of the stages are outside, but there are a couple that are indoors. Everyone had to show a full vaccination card or a 72 hour negative test to get in. Masks had to be worn in any indoor places.

I've always wanted to go to Merlefest but never made it.  Did you happen to see Sarah Shook's band, or Shinyribs?

I've always wanted to go to Merlefest but never made it.  Did you happen to see Sarah Shook's band, or Shinyribs?
Yes, I saw both.  Sarah Shook and the Disarmers were good. She reminds me a bit of Lucinda Williams. She's from NC, and I've seen her a few times. She just keeps getting better.

Shinyribs is always fun. The lead man (Kevin Russell) is very entertaining, and his band and backup singers are always groovin'.  They play at the festival often.

You should go to Merlefest some year. It is always the last weekend in April (except they changed it this year only cause of Covid) Thursday to Sunday. They cancelled it for the first time last year. I think you would have a great time!

Went to Ohana Festival in Dana Point yesterday.  What an incredible venue.   

Some great acts, particularly the women.   Yola, Jade Bird and Brandi Carlisle were great.    Brandi Carlisle brought out Mike McCready and Mike Cameron for Searching with My Good Eye Closed by Soundgarden.    Pearl Jam brought her out to sing Betterman during their set.  

Next up is My Morning Jacket in Seattle on Saturday.     

Users who are viewing this thread