What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Christian McCaffrey, SF (4 Viewers)

The Saints held Gurley to 70 yards rushing and Barkley to 100 total yards. They are a bona fide top 3 run defense. 
A lot of that is game script as well. When Brees has 200 yards and 3 TDS at the half, you’re not gonna be running the ball a whole lot. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The Saints held Gurley to 70 yards rushing and Barkley to 100 total yards. They are a bona fide top 3 run defense. 
Gurley had 80 yards and a TD.  Barkley had 100 yards and a TD.  Seems about right for McCaffrey as well.  I guess you could bench him if you are confident that someone on your bench is going to outperform him?

Gurley had 80 yards and a TD.  Barkley had 100 yards and a TD.  Seems about right for McCaffrey as well.  I guess you could bench him if you are confident that someone on your bench is going to outperform him?
Have Fournette, Cohen, and Lindsay. 

And I can see any of the three outperforming CMC given the match up. I could actually see myself debating sitting CMC for one of the three.

That said, CMC has the safest floor of the four and I just can't justify sitting him -- his lowest scoring game in my system was 11.26, and he averages 23.96 points per game. He's faced some stout Ds in BAL, PIT, SEA, and even CLE and has performed. I'm dancing with he who hath brung me to this dance.

As to which two of the other three backs I'm going with? No idea.

CMC 1,000/1,000 TRACKER

Game 1: 10 carries for 50 yards, 6 receptions for 45 yards

Game 2: 8 carries for 37 yards, 14 receptions for 102 yards

Game 3: 28 carries for 184 yards, 2 receptions for 10 yards

Game 4: 17 carries for 58 yards, 5 receptions for 35 yards

Game 5: 8 carries for 20 yards, 7 receptions for 46 yards

Game 6: 7 carries for 29 yards, 6 receptions for 51 yards

Game 7: 14 carries for 45 yards, 4 receptions for 11 yards

Game 8: 17 carries for 79 yards, 5 receptions for 78 yards

Game 9: 14 carries for 77 yards, 5 receptions for 61 yards

Game 10: 13 carries for 53 yards, 6 receptions for 57 yards

Game 11: 17 carries for 125 yards, 11 receptions for 112 yards

Game 12: 10 carries for 106 yards, 9 receptions for 55 yards

PACE: 1,150 yds rushing, 884 yds receiving 
@Worm Going need to add a category.

@Worm Going need to add a category.
I'll pitch in by adding last week and including TDs for all games.

Game 4: 17 carries for 58 yards, 5 receptions for 35 yards and receiving 1 TD

Game 7: 14 carries for 45 yards and 1 rushing TD, 4 receptions for 11 yards and 1 receiving TD

Game 8: 17 carries for 79 yards and 2 rushing TDs, 5 receptions for 78 yards

Game 9: 14 carries for 77 yards and 1 rushing TD, 5 receptions for 61 yards and 2 receiving TDs

Game 11: 17 carries for 125 yards and 1 rushing TD, 11 receptions for 112 yards and 1 receiving TD

Game 12: 10 carries for 106 yards, 9 receptions for 55 yards and 1 receiving TDs

Game 13: 16 carries for 63 yards and 2 rushing TDs, 6 receptions for 38 yards

Game 14: GAME IN PROGRESS

PACE: 220 rushes for 1,140 rushing yards and 8.6 TDs, 106 receptions for 863 yards and 7.4 TDs

Total Pace: 326 touches, 2003 yards, 16 TDs

Conclusion: FF BEAST & TRUE WORKHORSE RB

Now consider that this KID is only 22 years old putting up these numbers with little other offensive weapons. Moore has come on later in the season but he's not an Antonio Brown type of distraction.  What he is doing is simply incredible.  He's only going to get better.

Now consider that this KID is only 22 years old putting up these numbers with little other offensive weapons. Moore has come on later in the season but he's not an Antonio Brown type of distraction.  What he is doing is simply incredible.  He's only going to get better.
How sustainable are these numbers though? Eventually they'll get out weapons in that offense or teams will key on him. I'm going to ride these next 2 seasons but I don't expect 2000 yds every year.

How sustainable are these numbers though? Eventually they'll get out weapons in that offense or teams will key on him. I'm going to ride these next 2 seasons but I don't expect 2000 yds every year.
All I know is that the Panthers are still not utilizing him to his fullest.  The offense they run is very vanilla, imo.  I don't think he's scratched the surface in routes out of the slot.  I saw one tonight that was a simple in route.  I'm hoping this offense continues to grow and get more complex. I'm still not sold on Cam and Norv though and I think the record sort of speaks to that.  I think the offensive play design could be much better. I would love to see CMC with Andy Reid or McVay.  I'm specifically avoiding Payton because he will use multiple RBs. 

That’s just scary to think about what Reid or McVay would do with CMC. Truly Marshall Faulk prime year kind of numbers

He would be schemed so many wide open touches with empty green ahead of him, it would be sick watching him get into a secondary in a McVay or Reid scheme. 

All I know is that the Panthers are still not utilizing him to his fullest.  The offense they run is very vanilla, imo.  I don't think he's scratched the surface in routes out of the slot.  I saw one tonight that was a simple in route.  I'm hoping this offense continues to grow and get more complex. I'm still not sold on Cam and Norv though and I think the record sort of speaks to that.  I think the offensive play design could be much better. I would love to see CMC with Andy Reid or McVay.  I'm specifically avoiding Payton because he will use multiple RBs. 
cMac has been smashing anything Gurley has been doing over the last 10 weeks.  Nor is using him just fine.

cMac has been smashing anything Gurley has been doing over the last 10 weeks.  Nor is using him just fine.
I hear ya but I still think he's missing a whole bunch too in the play calling department. I'm sure he's playing the long game. He's certainly not doing a bad job calling plays. I'm probably being too harsh. I just know what CMC is capable of and he has not hit that ceiling yet.  

I hear ya but I still think he's missing a whole bunch too in the play calling department. I'm sure he's playing the long game. He's certainly not doing a bad job calling plays. I'm probably being too harsh. I just know what CMC is capable of and he has not hit that ceiling yet.  
You really don't need to scheme CMac open because his route running is so good.

You really don't need to scheme CMac open because his route running is so good.
But everyone knows he's getting the ball so those vanilla routes yield vanilla yardage results relative to what he COULD be getting.  Hey, I'm THE biggest CMC nut hugger on here for sure, so it could be that I'm unrealistic in my expectations for CMC.  I'll admit that's a possibility.  But I don't think that's the case.  I see this kid breaking major records. I've listed all the reasons why throughout this thread. I've been preaching his abilities since his sophomore season and have called it right every step of the way, including his draft position.  I dissected his game 'tape' so much that I knew this mo fo was going to be a phenomenal NFL player and he's proving me right, yet I'm still frustrated by what I see in CAR.  Norv is doing a better than average job for sure.  I see a lot more upside for CMC, however.  Like I've said before in this thread, he is basically Marshall Faulk and all of his haters will have no choice but to believe by the time he retires.

Christian McCaffrey rushed 15 times for 53 yards and caught 8-of-11 targets for 67 yards in the Panthers' 12-9, Week 15 loss to the Saints, adding a 50-yard touchdown pass.

McCaffrey was the entire offense for Carolina, accounting for its only touchdown on a 4th-and-2 trick play throw to FB/TE Chris Manhertz, who was wide open down the seam. Cam Newton mustered just 131 scoreless yards with a pick as a passer. His shoulder is shot. McCaffrey is all this team has on the offensive side of the ball. McCaffrey gets a home date with Atlanta next week. The Falcons are annually the worst team at defending dual-threat running backs.

Dec 17 - 11:25 PM

Did way too many leagues--felt like almost all of them I either had him tonight or played against him.  The CMC side seems to have won every time.  Dude's a monster and going to be a monster for years.  For whatever concern there was about durability, he's held up.  I suspect he hits 100 catches.  Could be a lot of dump offs coming if Cam is out the next 2 games.

Did way too many leagues--felt like almost all of them I either had him tonight or played against him.  The CMC side seems to have won every time.  Dude's a monster and going to be a monster for years.  For whatever concern there was about durability, he's held up.  I suspect he hits 100 catches.  Could be a lot of dump offs coming if Cam is out the next 2 games.
Not my game. I fell half a point short.

CMC 1,000/1,000 TRACKER

Game 13: 16 carries for 63 yards, 6 receptions for 38 yards

Game 14: 15 carries for 53 yards, 8 receptions for 67 yards, 1 completion for 50 yards

PACE: 1,118 yds rushing, 877 yds receiving, 57 yds passing = 2,052 PROJECTED TOTAL YARDS

Worm said:
CMC 1,000/1,000 TRACKER

Game 13: 16 carries for 63 yards, 6 receptions for 38 yards

Game 14: 15 carries for 53 yards, 8 receptions for 67 yards, 1 completion for 50 yards

PACE: 1,118 yds rushing, 877 yds receiving, 57 yds passing = 2,052 PROJECTED TOTAL YARDS
Dude! Steal my work a few posts up and add TD tracker!!!

:wub:

Got me into the championship by 1.3 points last night!!! Worries me a little for the championship with Cam possibly not playing, but they do get Atlanta at home.  Feed him!!

:wub:

Got me into the championship by 1.3 points last night!!! Worries me a little for the championship with Cam possibly not playing, but they do get Atlanta at home.  Feed him!!
He's RB1 this week vs. ATL, with or without Cam. Given it's pretty much a lost season, wouldn't surprise me if there was a little extra attention to ensuring he joins the 1K/1K club

I would be nervous playing him. You can't sit him, but no real QB threat and how much is Carolina going to want to chance him getting hurt in a meaningless game?

I would be nervous playing him. You can't sit him, but no real QB threat and how much is Carolina going to want to chance him getting hurt in a meaningless game?
With Cam's shoulder, he was barely a "real QB threat" anyway, except for his running.  I assume Heinecke can at least throw the ball 10 yards downfield.

Impossible to list 2 RBs you'd rather play over him though. He was only resting today so he's gearing up for a 25 touch game for his trusty owners!

I don’t understand why you wouldn’t?  What am I missing?  If it’s a keeper league, wouldn’t the other studs already be off the table?
You lose the round you took him in. And you can only keep a guy 2 times (unless you trade him). So some studs will be opening up. Also if I get the first or 2nd pick, wouldn't make sense to waste my first on him when I can just draft him.

I’m not right about much, but making him my 1st round pick was my best pick of the draft. The 1st round is almost always a wasted pick for me. 

You lose the round you took him in. And you can only keep a guy 2 times (unless you trade him). So some studs will be opening up. Also if I get the first or 2nd pick, wouldn't make sense to waste my first on him when I can just draft him.
Well whatever you do, you cannot lose him.

CMC was responsible for 2 of my 4 Championships this season!! BEAST. 
I had the 12th pick in a redraft this year.  I went into it targeting McCaffrey and tried to trade up to 6-7 to get him, no dice.  Imagine my happy surprise when I got him at 1.12.

Between him and getting Roethlisberger as my QB2 (yes I thought Brady had one more year in him so I drafted him QB1), drafting Tyreek early and trading for Davante Adams in Week 7 (goodbye Brady) - and all the pieces were in place for a third consecutive championship and 5th overall. 

McCaffery is an ascendant talent - people will shy away from him for the likes of Gurley/Barkley/Kamara....but in PPR he is SO money.

Users who are viewing this thread