What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 FBG Playoff League 1 - Week 1 (2 Viewers)

Not sure if slob is jumping in here or not.. Will give a few minutes and then per bass I will pick for jeaton

9.01 Washington D/ST

Bass has been pm'd

ETA: Went ahead and pre-loaded the picks for pick 10.08

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be interested to see how my strategy went in the end

I got what I consider the best QB, D and Pk for this weekend and hope that overcomes my shortcomings at the RB-WR-TE spot. Even though we start 3 only(need to change the rules Bass as only 1 counts right now on MFL) and have lots to choose from. I think I will do not bad with Peterson, Jackson and Rodgers and hope if one of these guys really ####s to bed that another steps up.

Mistakes. Probably could have waited another round on Seattle D and drafted Rudolph instead

Probably wait on PK in the end as Crosby is still out there and who I was looking at also. Grabbed Strong or shorts in that spot

Lots of guys I had at top of pre-drafts always went between my picks. Each and every time and I seemed to be chasing

Do I mind this team. Nope. I think I can make up points on someone who has KC D and Houston QB at least. One wont do well

Fubar is the team I like alot. Thought an excellent draft and he was the guy who kept grabbing my next guy.

Ref:

Rodgers

Blue

West

Maclin

Marvin Jones

Shorts

Wallace

Miller

CIN

PK?

Starting 3 WR's leaned that way in first round and decided Maclin over Hopkins, as a KC fan hoping Peters and company put lock down on Hopkins and Hoyer tries to force it to him, Maclin should be heavily involved, maybe could have passed on Rodgers for a round but decided to RELAX and felt he was BPA....I tried to shy away from the SEA/MIN match up as much as possible, gonna be cold....like my backs to each approach 15 touches, West over Ware was a coin flip....felt like flex almost had to be WR with this starting lineup, but really wanted to take advantage of the TE bonus.....Ben should be chucking it so thats why Miller over any of the other TE's still on the board at that time....Wallace was a swing for the fences pick....at some point they have to throw, maybe he gets loose on a bubble screen or quick slant and does something with his 2 catches....actually lliked getting CIN dst in 9th round....at home, at night, could force some TO's and they should be pinning their ears back to get after Ben....

good luck and enjoy the weekend...

I got what I consider the best QB, D and Pk for this weekend and hope that overcomes my shortcomings at the RB-WR-TE spot. Even though we start 3 only(need to change the rules Bass as only 1 counts right now on MFL) and have lots to choose from. I think I will do not bad with Peterson, Jackson and Rodgers and hope if one of these guys really ####s to bed that another steps up.

Mistakes. Probably could have waited another round on Seattle D and drafted Rudolph instead

Probably wait on PK in the end as Crosby is still out there and who I was looking at also. Grabbed Strong or shorts in that spot

Lots of guys I had at top of pre-drafts always went between my picks. Each and every time and I seemed to be chasing

Do I mind this team. Nope. I think I can make up points on someone who has KC D and Houston QB at least. One wont do well

Fubar is the team I like alot. Thought an excellent draft and he was the guy who kept grabbing my next guy.
1. Well if Dodds is to be believed, my 10th round pick is only lagging your 1st round pick by 8 points. Meanwhile Baldwin is slated to put 10+ into anyone left on the board.

2. We only need to finish in the top four to advance. Pairing KC v. Hoyer was on purpose. If Hoyer is absmyl, I should make up some of it on defense.

3. I had no interest in QB early. With this being a keeper league they didn't look to enticing for the most part. Brady, Cam, and Palmer available next week reduce their keeper value. Ben would be going against Denver. McCarron, Hoyer, Smith, Bridgewater, Cousins will be vying for last round status. I wanted as many viable shots at keepable RB/WR/TE as possible early in the draft.

Roster with Dodds projections

QB - Hoyer 20

RB - Tous 12, Starks 10

WR - Baldwin 15, Jones 13, Garcon 13, Sanu 6

TE - Kelce 17

D - KC 9

D - Santos 7

112 projected points.

:D

Funny, I actually came here to ask if anyone likes their team, because I don't really like mine. But then, that tends to happen in these playoff leagues.

R. Wilson - 2nd best QB playing this weekend IMO and most likely to carry over to next week.

Bernard / AlfMo / Todman - Don't like any of my RBs, but hopefully they score a few points each.

Hopkins / Lockett / Strong - I'm on the fence between the Texans and Chiefs to win, I think KC probably does but didn't want to take Maclin at the start of the 2nd round. Almost took AD there, regret that choice.

Rudolph - Although I think Seattle wins, I expect Rudy to be relied upon big time this weekend. as the 6th TE taken I'm happy with him.

Boswell - kicker for what I expect to be the highest scoring offense this weekend.

Packers D - last one taken. waited too long for a defense, almost took KC over AlfMo but seemed too early to take a defense and I needed a 2nd RB.

Hoping for a high scoring Vikings/Seahawks game with Seattle winning. Vikings to focus on Baldwin and allow Lockett to get a few long plays.

1.5 Baldwin - I had my list tiered as follows: 1. Brown 2. Reed/Baldwin/Maclin 3. Hopkins/Lynch/Wilson/Kelce. I assume Baldwin slid because it will be cold in Minny. Playing on the team with the best shot to advance this week offset that and then some. If we drafted again today I would give Lynch much more consideration.

2.4 Kelce - With the 2 ppr scoring this pick was a no brainer. Was tempted by Bryant but that duckweed has cost me several nice gpp cashes this year. Seattle is going to whip ADP scrotum this week.

3.5 J Jones - Was hoping for Djax here. Coin flip better Garcon and Jones. Would had considered DJax if he hadn't just gotten selected.

4.4 Garcon - Had planned on going RB here but Garcon slid. R. Rodgers and Marivn Jones also stood out here.

5.5 Starks - Two rounds after Lacy, I like it. All of the FBGs staff have Lacy and Starks projected about the same.

6.4 Toussaint - Smells like a trap to me and could torpedo my team. Dodds has him as the second ranked RB this week. Great situation though. Given that I can't pronounce or spell the name of half of the next several selections, he fits in well here.

7.5 Chefs D - Had two plans here. Take McCarron or take the Chefs to catch some of Hoyer's passes.

8.4 Sanu - C Thompson was my other consideration. Not an exciting pick.

9.5 Santos - Wanted to avoid any weather issues.

10.4 Hoyer

3. I had no interest in QB early. With this being a keeper league they didn't look to enticing for the most part. Brady, Cam, and Palmer available next week reduce their keeper value. Ben would be going against Denver. McCarron, Hoyer, Smith, Bridgewater, Cousins will be vying for last round status. I wanted as many viable shots at keepable RB/WR/TE as possible early in the draft.
you're expecting an upset?

FWIW, I actually agree with your logic with QBs and if I had an earlier pick I would done much the same as you did.

Looking back at things, I could have gone AD, Hopkins with the first two picks but I don't think I would have liked the team any more than I do now.

QB - Hoyer 20

RB - Tous 12, Starks 10

TE - Kelce 17

D - KC 9

D - Santos 7

112 projected points.
RW 22

Gio 11

AlfMo 8

Todman 5

Hopkins 18.5

Lockett 11

Strong 7

Rudolph 11

Boswell 7.5

GBD 7.5

108.5 :kicksrock:

LOL. I should have read the rules better. I was looking on site and thought just needed the best 3 of RB, WR, Te So I have 1 RB. I am probably an early exit with the zero I take there on RB2. :) Add in taking Nate Washington who might not play. I think I will be adios amigo in this one. Happens when I dont pay attention

I think great chance that Big Ben outscores Hoyer by 8 points.

Crippler said:
LOL. I should have read the rules better. I was looking on site and thought just needed the best 3 of RB, WR, Te So I have 1 RB. I am probably an early exit with the zero I take there on RB2. :) Add in taking Nate Washington who might not play. I think I will be adios amigo in this one. Happens when I dont pay attention

Pick a RB and I'll swap out DHB for him.

I have entered the starting lineup requirements three times now and the site changes it back. yes I am hitting save.

Top how many advance? Denagelo pick hurts. However the lynch pick might balance tha out. And cousins is going to torch the pack badly
Top 4 after 2 weeks.
So no eliminations after week1?
Nope, but we do re-draft. If Pitt wins you can keep DWilly as one of your 2 keepers. If you position yourself well with keepers you can make up a deficit next week. After next week the scores get wiped.

Crippler said:

I have entered the starting lineup requirements three times now and the site changes it back. yes I am hitting save.
Fred Jackson even though not sure if better off with the zero :)

Crippler said:

Done.

That reminds me, I had a dfs QB that actually scored -6 pts for me.

I misunderstood as I thought we dropped to four after this week too....dwilly and lynch out won't hurt as bad

I misunderstood as I thought we dropped to four after this week too....dwilly and lynch out won't hurt as bad
agreed. DWill's possible 2nd week production made him an easy pick in the early 4th, you just grabbed him before I was ready to pull the trigger.

If I were to guess, Sniffer will have a late pick next draft but if Seattle and Pitt both win, he'll probably creep into the top 4 next week.

I'm irritated with myself for taking Boswell over Michael. That pick could be huge for Bro1ncos; somehow I just missed that he was still available.

Crippler said:

Maybe I should have done Brown instead. he was next on my list of RB and decided between him and Jackson but with Lynch playing it was Jackson, Wish I had gone Brown now. Maybe Fred gets more than expected with his experience and this ends up a good pick

QB - Hoyer 20

RB - Tous 12, Starks 10

TE - Kelce 17

D - KC 9

D - Santos 7

112 projected points.
Hoyer 7

Chefs 27

Works for me.

29 for kelce and 12 for Santos puts me 22 in front of the projected amount.

Any advice on the following MFL message???

Your League Scoring Rules Have Changed. Your league scoring rules and/or general scoring setup parameters have been updated since your league's week 18 results were issued. Please choose one of the following options for deciding how you'd like to handle these updated scoring rules.
  1. Only apply these scoring changes to future weeks.
  2. Apply these scoring changes to week 18 results, as well as all future weeks.
Please read and understand these important points if you choose to recalculate past week's results:
  • These results will not be updated immediately - they will be updated within the next several minutes.
  • All league members will receive email notification of the results when they are updated.
  • This recalculation cannot be reversed.

BassNBrew said:

QB - Hoyer 20

RB - Tous 12, Starks 10

TE - Kelce 17

D - KC 9

D - Santos 7

112 projected points.
looks like a solid 5th place finish this week.....
My kicker outscored both of your RBs and each of your two WRs to take the field so far. If I'm finishing 5th, you're headed for 9th.
Add your Def and TE to that list while Toussaint outscores both of your RBs combined.

Big Ben as crap 1st round pick. My draft is awful. But I should beat ref at least

Nice last place position. I hate Desean.

Anyways, I can draft only tomorrow and will need someone else to bail me ou.on a camping trip with my sons school this week

Nice last place position. I hate Desean.

Anyways, I can draft only tomorrow and will need someone else to bail me ou.on a camping trip with my sons school this week
PM me your keepers and we'll find someone to draft for you. Remember your first keeper costs you a 7th round pick, the second costs an 8th. You don't have to keep anyone.

Are you guys OK with me replacing Sushim with the other remaining kicker for Drunken Slob's team?
Really need some feedback on this guys. This was a pre-draft mistake but one made by DS. I would have fixed if if I caught it sooner. Two options here...

1. Leave it as is.

2. Change it to what it should have been.

Also, slob has agreed to take over that team for the duration.

Are you guys OK with me replacing Sushim with the other remaining kicker for Drunken Slob's team?
Really need some feedback on this guys. This was a pre-draft mistake but one made by DS. I would have fixed if if I caught it sooner. Two options here...

1. Leave it as is.

I'm inclined to cut him a break since he took a team over. Where do we announce keepers and what pick we want?

Go DC Yourself said:
BassNBrew said:

1. Leave it as is.

I'm inclined to cut him a break since he took a team over. Where do we announce keepers and what pick we want?
Monday - Sort out any loose ends…Suisham, Crippler's absence, etc.

Tuesday - Announce keepers and select round 2 draft position.

Wednesday - I'll set up new mfl league.

Thursday/Friday - Draft

BassNBrew said:

1. Leave it as is.

he gets PIT PK.....

BassNBrew said:

1. Leave it as is.

he gets PIT PK.....
FUBAR had taken Boswell in the 8th round. The Minn K was not taken.

Schedule sounds good, thanks.

BassNBrew said:

1. Leave it as is.

he gets PIT PK.....
I'll cut a ##### :boxing:

Kidding, Walsh would have been his pick.

as to the schedule, I don't think we need to wait to declare keepers or slots, but whatever works for the group.

My keepers are easy even though I'll be rooting against them this weekend.

BassNBrew said:

1. Leave it as is.

he gets PIT PK.....
I'll cut a ##### :boxing:

Kidding, Walsh would have been his pick.

as to the schedule, I don't think we need to wait to declare keepers or slots, but whatever works for the group.

My keepers are easy even though I'll be rooting against them this weekend.
I've got 7 potential keepers that posted non-stinkin ref double digit type scores.

We are going to tick with the same MFL site for the next round. I reverted the draft to pick 1.1 so everyone's roster is bare. You can go to your franchise page and click on scoring history to see who you had.

Users who are viewing this thread