What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Josh Gordon - August 1, 2016 (1 Viewer)

:thumbup:

Brother, with the new boards, really no reason to not put that pic on here.  
I'd love to... but I cant? I dont have the option to post pics.. and I have NO idea why. I posted ONE gif of gordon catching a slant on talib, and ever since... 

All i have is the "insert other media" button, and when I click it, it just has the gif in there, and no ability to post anything new.

You're overthinking it.  Just copy image, and paste.  Bam:

Cb_z6DxWIAAKzXd.jpg

women and children abusers have been welcomed back w open arms.

take a guess
Ray Rice.  Greg Hardy is now a FA too.  

I think Gordon will be fine though, but there's been a shift in welcoming back women abusers.

As far as AP and his "child abuse" goes, maybe I'm in the minority, but I'd prefer a player who goes overboard in disciplining his child compared so some of these ####### deadbeats who don't even bother to spend a single minute visiting them.  Not growing up with a father will do far more damage to a child than what AP did.

As  a Gordon owner,  when  reinstated, I  Hope he celebrates with sparkling grape juice and cigar.  I have high hopes for him. No pun intended.

Of course he'll get reinstated this offseason. His FF value already reflects that. 
Not so sure.  About 5-6 teams I have contacted while shopping Gordon all say something along the lines of "hasn't even been reinstated yet", some of which say they would rather wait to see if he was reinstated and pay more for him rather than pay less right now. 

I would not be all that shocked if he currently has another positive test but for some reason he keeps pimping himself on his instagram.  I for one would not be shocked to see it.  I do not think that is the case, but it's certainly possible for a guy with his track record of breaking league rules the way he has. 

Not hard to imagine.  Not much interest in the one league I own him
It depends; own him in one league, and no one has inquired about him.  In another where I don't own him, I've asked, but he wants Doug Martin in exchange.

IF I could be completely confident he was going to get re-instated, AND not get popped again for weed or booze, IMO, that's a no-brainer, even with the uncertainty at QB in Cleveland.  (I'm fairly confident in the 1st, and hopeful, but not as confident in the 2nd) 

However, with that uncertainty, I was hoping to get him at a discount; & I don't know if this qualifies.

I don't think there's any universal FF value for him right now.  If the owner in your league is soulfly-esque, you aren't getting him at any kind of value.  If the owner is a "hater," (or just realistic), the price should be a bit less.

Chaka said:
Is there any reason to think he won't get reinstated?
No.  We also don't have all the information.  Randy Gregory failed some tests, lost game checks, and we had no idea.  

I have zero reason to think he won't be reinstated.  And his own social media activity suggests he hasn't failed any tests.  I mean, if he had, he wouldn't be so optimistic.  

But bad news is always kept private until it can't be kept private any more.  

No.  We also don't have all the information.  Randy Gregory failed some tests, lost game checks, and we had no idea.  

I have zero reason to think he won't be reinstated.  And his own social media activity suggests he hasn't failed any tests.  I mean, if he had, he wouldn't be so optimistic.  

Winner winner chicken dinner.  Same story with Martavis Bryant.  We had no indication then bam 4 games, and now owners are one toke away from losing him for 10 games.

ghostguy123 said:
Not so sure.  About 5-6 teams I have contacted while shopping Gordon all say something along the lines of "hasn't even been reinstated yet", some of which say they would rather wait to see if he was reinstated and pay more for him rather than pay less right now. 

I would not be all that shocked if he currently has another positive test but for some reason he keeps pimping himself on his instagram.  I for one would not be shocked to see it.  I do not think that is the case, but it's certainly possible for a guy with his track record of breaking league rules the way he has. 
This is mostly where I stand.  If I had to give $12 for him today and $25 for him 12 minutes after hearing from Goodell's filthy mouth that Gordon had been reinstated I would HAPPILY pay that premium.  I have paid nowhere near that in the two leagues I have recently acquired him, making it worth the risk to me.

Which isn't always very long, like with wonderlic scores.

He hasn't been arrested for drinking/smoking, which we certainly would have heard about.  Everything looks like he will be reinstated.  But, yes something could always go wrong.

Bizarrely, the main reason I feel he is getting reinstated, is Soulfly keeping us up to date on his Instagram action.  I think he if knew he had pissed hot that he might be a bit less positive on social media.  

Bizarrely, the main reason I feel he is getting reinstated, is Soulfly keeping us up to date on his Instagram action.  I think he if knew he had pissed hot that he might be a bit less positive on social media.  
He could just be incredibly delusional.

ETA: I mean Soulfly, not Gordon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you think Glazer is riding his pecker right now?

He wants to be in Seat 1A, when Air Gordon takes off. The interview of the NFL season, sitting in Glazer's lap. 

Why do you think Glazer is riding his pecker right now?

He wants to be in Seat 1A, when Air Gordon takes off. The interview of the NFL season, sitting in Glazer's lap. 
:lmao:

Soul ... I may not always agree with your hot takes, but never let it be said that you don't have a way with words.

Gordan will lead the league in receptions and yards. Guarenteed. Book it.
Remember Gordon's 2014 year when he came back?  Dismal. 

Thats the thing many Gordon-lovers conveniently forget.  People are expecting 2013 for some reason and forget that Gordon was hot garbage in 2014. 

Out of football almost two full years.

New QB

New coach

new system

I would expect some struggles, but would also not be the least bit surprised by a top 5 fantasy season.  Certainly not counting on that though.  Plenty of other incredibly talented WRs who have been playing, have a returning offensive system/coach, and play with a competent QB. 

It's been about 6 weeks since Air Gordon applied for reinstatement.  So, given the league has 60 days, we should have an answer soon. 

One would hope that he could stay clean.  Obviously, there is a big difference between a DUI and drinking a beer on a plane (even that could be spin control).  We ask "how stupid can these guys be"?  Can be make a Carteresque revival or is he another in a long line of Charles Rogers and Justin Blackmons?  Odds say the latter.  Rogers cites his collarbone injuries as the origin of his substance abuse but failed multiple tests while still in college.  Like Rogers, Gordon also had multiple drug issues during his college years.  So, can/will a leopard change his spots?  Does he miss the money?  Does he miss playing football?  Of course, this isn't the first time he had the game taken away... There has to be a strong motivation to change a life style.

Financially, Gordon is under contract for another season at 1.1 million.  Logic (not always applicable in these cases) would say that he is playing for a big pay-day and should be on his best behavior for the time being. 

Doug Martin is an interesting offer after he bounced back from two injury plagued/poor seasons.  I might pull the trigger on that one, especially if I've got some depth at the position. 

I acquired Gordon as a waiver wire free agent last year and am intrigued by his ceiling.  If I were in buy mode now, I'd be dangling draft picks.  This year's class may surprise but the consensus is a weak class and any pick beyond the top few are a roll of the dice anyway.

Not a single player in this draft has be tingling like Gordon.

Last years crop was this year, Id have no problem with someone taking Gurley or Cooper, but this year smells like mediocrity (aside from Coleman, who I love)

Thats the thing many Gordon-lovers conveniently forget.  People are expecting 2013 for some reason and forget that Gordon was hot garbage in 2014. 
No one is forgetting anything.  That specific point has been discussed at length in this thread.

Ricky Williams made a ton of cash before succumbing to the green goddess. I am hoping Gordon has the sense to earn a real payday

fridayfrenzy said:

Pssssssttttt... It was hyperbole, not a serious post.

You Gordonites blindly support this high risk individual if you like. Go on. Ignore the tea leaves. But I think he has already pissed dirty. Again. Here are some players I have Ike draft TODAY before Josh Gordon.

1. Justin Blackmon - better chance of staying clean

2. Johnny Manziel - more mature than Gordon

3. O.J. Simpson - murderer but at least he stayed sober

4. Ray Rice - beating a woman is not as bad as pot. Don't preach please. 

5. Aaron Hernandez - more reliable than Gordon 

6. Derrick Thomas - passed away but probably better than Gordon laying still and doesn't have to worry about a new scheme, new coach, temptations, and 2 year layoff.

Just my two cents. 

You Gordonites blindly support this high risk individual if you like. Go on. Ignore the tea leaves. But I think he has already pissed dirty. Again. Here are some players I have Ike draft TODAY before Josh Gordon.

1. Justin Blackmon - better chance of staying clean

2. Johnny Manziel - more mature than Gordon

3. O.J. Simpson - murderer but at least he stayed sober

4. Ray Rice - beating a woman is not as bad as pot. Don't preach please. 

5. Aaron Hernandez - more reliable than Gordon 

6. Derrick Thomas - passed away but probably better than Gordon laying still and doesn't have to worry about a new scheme, new coach, temptations, and 2 year layoff.

Just my two cents. 
I'm dumber for having read that.

Users who are viewing this thread