What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Dalvin Cook, Free Agent (3 Viewers)

Was that him walking to locker room?

ETA:  nope, false alarm, just another guy with dreads.  Be nice if he got a couple more touches, maybe a pass or 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Only 10 carries for 20 yards, and no catches?  I understand they abandoned the run, but Cook has hands too.  How can he get no receptions when Cousins chucked it 50 times?  Let me repeat that... 50 times!!!

I had such a man crush on Cook last year and left feeling unfulfilled when he got hurt. Needless to say, I’m extremely thankful I talked myself into taking McCaffrey instead. 

I don’t understand what they’re doing with him. I know he’s been injured but they need to get back to using him like they did before he got hurt with early success. Unless the line is just that horrid?

I had such a man crush on Cook last year and left feeling unfulfilled when he got hurt. Needless to say, I’m extremely thankful I talked myself into taking McCaffrey instead. 

I don’t understand what they’re doing with him. I know he’s been injured but they need to get back to using him like they did before he got hurt with early success. Unless the line is just that horrid?
The line is that horrid.

But what I don't understand is why they aren't throwing some screens to him. One of the best ways to slow down a pass rush is to toss some screens to the RB leaking out of the backfield.

One of the most overrated players all offseason. 
The most.

Yea this sucks. I'm having a mush year. Everything I talk up turns to ####. I need to start Constanza'ing things. Whatever my first instinct is, I need to do the opposite.
Yeah same here. Although I tried the Costanza last night and benched Cousins to play Eli Sunday. Turns out even my 2nd instinct is bad, 

This feels pretty par for the course a year removed from an ACL tear, not to mention a week out from a hamstring injury, especially when he's behind that porous OL. Overvalued this year, likely to be undervalued next year as a result.
Im hoping the Vikings were protecting Cook from re-injuring his leg and will up his touches next week after plenty of time to let the hammy heal.

Please let me have hope. 

This feels pretty par for the course a year removed from an ACL tear, not to mention a week out from a hamstring injury, especially when he's behind that porous OL. Overvalued this year, likely to be undervalued next year as a result.
I think you nailed it

I think you nailed it
I have no vested interest in Cook but I'd be interested in buying him low if people think this is the rest of his season.  Vikings offense looked legit yesterday and the Rams have made most opponents look stupid this year.  Combined with an awful game against Buffalo and injuries we've seen the absolute floor for Cook/Minnesota RBs.  I think better times are ahead this year especially once the schedule starts to lighten up and he rounds into form.

Last edited by a moderator:
Snap count:

• Murray 41 55%
  • CJ HAM 20 27% -- I swear every time I saw Murray out of the game it was this guy on the field in the second half... but more on this at the bottom
  • Cook 18 24%
  • R Thomas/Boone exactly 4 snaps each 5%
To be fair though, as production goes:

Rushing Att/Yds/TD Reception/Yds/TD

• Cook 10/20/0 0/0/0
  • Cousins 4/28/0 0/0/0
  • Murray 2/2/0 2/16/0
  • Thomas 1/4/0 0/0/0
  • Ham 0/0/0 2/7/0
so no production whatsoever, not even a noteworthy attempt count. Even when Cook was in the game early on, it looked like plays were not scripted for him and he was there to block. Ham being in the game so much in the back half of the game imo was for this purpose. They were going to air it out all night (had to) and it would make no sense to leave the franchise RB in there for that if they had other options not to mention his healthy status.

looking through rosy colored glasses here and hoping the long rest till next Sunday will help him get off the injury list altogether.

Moonshine said:
He only got 10 carries. I dont own him (traded him in keeper last year because of cap issues) but I think he looked great. He looked very fast and agile on his carries. I would hold if I had him.

He had a few nice runs and on the other carries he had nowhere to go. On two of them there was a defender on him right at the hand off.
There were two plays I saw where a defender was tackling Cousins as he was handing the ball off.  LA was in the backfield all night. 

There were two plays I saw where a defender was tackling Cousins as he was handing the ball off.  LA was in the backfield all night. 
The problem is that that's been the case pretty much all season so far. So while Cook may not be the problem, if the O-line can't keep defenders out of the backfield, it won't matter how good Cook is, his numbers will still be terrible.

The problem is that that's been the case pretty much all season so far. So while Cook may not be the problem, if the O-line can't keep defenders out of the backfield, it won't matter how good Cook is, his numbers will still be terrible.
This is true.

I don't really understand why they did not throw the ball to Cook or run some screens. To me that seemed like the main reason to play him, even if he wasn't 100%

Thats on DeFlippo

What they ended up doing is using Cook as a decoy a lot. He had a decent run for the first play of the game, and that helped out the play action for awhile. It doesn't take much.

Cook had a really nice block that allowed a big play for the Vikings that i recall. But again if he isn't fully healthy why use him for that?

I am hoping that the long week will help Cook fully recover before the next game.

The offensive line takes time to gel and there have been a lot of moving pieces preventing any continuity there. The offensive line is pretty bad and they are not all on the same page yet. I think they can get better if they can stay healthy and play together for a few games, even though individually I am not really expecting the players to improve that much, except for the younger guys like O'Neil and Isidora the other guys are pretty much at their peak or past it.

I would love for the Vikings to have a better option than Compton or Remmers right now, but it does not seem that they do.

My standard league I traded David Johnson for him straight up Wednesday. I didn't start him though thank god. I'm hoping long term this works out. Also, it's a one keep keeper league so I liked his long term value more considering the disparity between Minnesota and Arizona.

I don't really understand why they did not throw the ball to Cook or run some screens. To me that seemed like the main reason to play him, even if he wasn't 100%

Thats on DeFlippo
I definitely agree with this.  This is all on DeFlippo and good coach usually adapt to his team's personnel and talent.  If rushing offense isn't working, then at least he should be using Cook for screen pass.  He's great at it.   

I wouldnt be too disappointed if I owned Cook. MIN could have done what JAX did and trotted him out only to see him hurt himself again. 

Cook is a great buy if his owner is getting impatient

Dalvin Cook (hamstring) admitted he is still less than "100 percent."

Cook said he wants to be fully healthy "as bad as everybody else wants me to be," but it is going to take time. Cook was limited to 20 yards on 10 carries Thursday night and did not even touch the ball in the second half. He should be in better shape coming off a mini-bye, but he faces a tough matchup in Philadelphia this week. He will be just a risk-reward RB2 in that game.

Source: Andrew Krammer on Twitter 

Oct 1 - 10:52 AM

Dalvin Cook (hamstring) didn't practice on Wednesday.

Cook admitted his hamstring still isn't right after seeing just 10 carries (all in the first half) in Thursday night's loss to the Rams. It's possible the Vikings are just using Wednesday as a maintenance day for Cook, though his availability for Sunday's game in Philadelphia can't be taken for granted. Fantasy owners who were thinking of dropping Latavius Murray should reconsider.

Source: Chris Tomasson on Twitter 

Users who are viewing this thread