What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Metallica - Too heavy for halftime (1 Viewer)

Hastur

Footballguy
Who's watching this? Lars was quoted a few days ago there will be lots of early stuff.

Have they done anything worth a #### in the last 15 years?
Death Magnetic wasn't too bad.
"What don't kill you makes you more strong"

Some of the music was alright, but the lyrics are so ####### bad, I can't get through more than a couple of songs.

I just find it interesting that so many of the bands from the day put out decent albums, but Metallica hasn't had a good one for so damn long it's sad. Megadeth is putting out good stuff, so is Slayer, and I think Iron Maiden put out their best album since the 80s last year. Hell, even bands like Exodus resurrected themselves in the 00s. Metallica was the baddest of them all at one point, but are mostly a joke now. That said, yes - they can still bring it, but they are also playing stuff from when I was in HS.

Some of the music was alright, but the lyrics are so ####### bad, I can't get through more than a couple of songs.

I just find it interesting that so many of the bands from the day put out decent albums, but Metallica hasn't had a good one for so damn long it's sad. Megadeth is putting out good stuff, so is Slayer, and I think Iron Maiden put out their best album since the 80s last year. Hell, even bands like Exodus resurrected themselves in the 00s. Metallica was the baddest of them all at one point, but are mostly a joke now. That said, yes - they can still bring it, but they are also playing stuff from when I was in HS.
the place looks sold out and we are watching. Who cares if you dont like a few albums. The ones that are universally loved are among the greatest rock albums ever made. It's tough to keep that upAnd the black album is awesome. Enough of the sold out BS. That is for kids. They were able to make a lot of money making music, good on them. I wish I was there tonight instead of watching

the place looks sold out and we are watching. Who cares if you dont like a few albums. The ones that are universally loved are among the greatest rock albums ever made. It's tough to keep that upAnd the black album is awesome. Enough of the sold out BS. That is for kids. They were able to make a lot of money making music, good on them. I wish I was there tonight instead of watching
I get what you are saying, and I posted above that I am watching and having a blast.

Maybe a lot of people had them a lot higher in ranking than other metal bands of the 90s, but I think they fell about as far as you can. Of the big metal bands of the 90s I think of, maybe only Anthrax fell farther off the map than Metallica did. A handful of the others are still putting out good product (at least IMO).

Death Magnetic was a good album, and if you ignore the vocals(hard to do as I am a Lou Reed fan), Lulu was a good album(instrumentally speaking).

Who's watching this? Lars was quoted a few days ago there will be lots of early stuff.
They have not had relevant music for a decade just like a Pearl Jam, when they are about to croak they will put them on because they will be "legends" then.

Been a big fan forever, I have never seen them live :wall:

First time, the night before the show a big group of us get together and had a party at one of my good friend's house. I think I was like 19-20. Everyone is trashed and passed out except me and one other dude. We find my friend's bb gun and thought it was a good idea to shoot things in the house. Well, there "was" this one big mirror....yeah when I sobered up the next day, I gave my concert ticket to my friend and spent the day cleaning his house. This was over 25 years ago and I still feel terrible about that.

Next time, I had tickets and it was a general admission at Red Rocks. Got there and had 3rd row seats with a big group of my friends. One of the guys is drinking Everclear like it is water and decides to wander off. So me being the least drunk, follow him. He falls down this huge flight of stairs and dislocates his shoulder. So the ambulance comes and I didn't feel right just letting him go off to the hospital alone, so I rode with him and called his parents and my parents to come get us from the hospital--neither were happy as that was a good 90 minute drive, but they were at least proud of me for not leaving him alone.

Been a big fan forever, I have never seen them live :wall:

First time, the night before the show a big group of us get together and had a party at one of my good friend's house. I think I was like 19-20. Everyone is trashed and passed out except me and one other dude. We find my friend's bb gun and thought it was a good idea to shoot things in the house. Well, there "was" this one big mirror....yeah when I sobered up the next day, I gave my concert ticket to my friend and spent the day cleaning his house. This was over 25 years ago and I still feel terrible about that.

Next time, I had tickets and it was a general admission at Red Rocks. Got there and had 3rd row seats with a big group of my friends. One of the guys is drinking Everclear like it is water and decides to wander off. So me being the least drunk, follow him. He falls down this huge flight of stairs and dislocates his shoulder. So the ambulance comes and I didn't feel right just letting him go off to the hospital alone, so I rode with him and called his parents and my parents to come get us from the hospital--neither were happy as that was a good 90 minute drive, but they were at least proud of me for not leaving him alone.
You're a good friend. :thumbup:

too heavy for halftime should be their next album title.

Still my favorite band all time even with them churning out drivel since 1991

kill-ride-master-garage days-justice is just so awesome

Being on EST, stayed up too late watching this live last night. Good show, looking forward to a new album (I'm one of the few people that has enjoyed some of the more recent stuff as well as their old stuff...maybe because I started listening around Black and then discovered the older stuff rather than the other way around :shrug:

:headbang:

pretty cool that they've left the link up, streaming this now at work so I can fill in some of the blurry pieces from Saturday night!

Users who are viewing this thread