What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Michael Thomas, NO (4 Viewers)

Thoughts on Thomas this week at home vs the Bryce Petty led NJY? I feel like the floor is pretty good (as usual) but not sure how high the ceiling is (as I can see the Saints playing with a lead pretty much the whole way and not needing to throw much). Anyone (who normally starts Thomas) opting for a higher upside play this week?

I see your point but he has caught fewer than 5 balls once this season and is coming off his best game of the season. He is as consistent as they come and even if there are fewer completions to go around this week, stats say he is going to have a big share of what's there.  He remains a strong top 10 option.

:lmao: at the people in this thread complaining about him at midseason and saying he was barely start-able.  Since week 7 he is WR8 in standard scoring and WR3 in PPR scoring.
Hey, congrats to everyone who made their playoffs despite Thomas averaging 11 points per game for the first 13 weeks. You certainly didn't get there because of him. In the playoffs so far (weeks 14 and 15) he's averaging 22 points. 

Hey, congrats to everyone who made their playoffs despite Thomas averaging 11 points per game for the first 13 weeks. You certainly didn't get there because of him. In the playoffs so far (weeks 14 and 15) he's averaging 22 points. 
Is 11 points per game bad?  For comparison, how much was WR4 averaging in your league?  I'll guess about 12 or 13 ppg.

In the championship with MT as my wr1. Couldn't be happier. Although wish he would learn the art of the toe drag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh?  He was WR12 going into week 14 in my PPR league, at 15 PPG.  
If you play in a 0.5 PPR league, and you left Thomas in your lineup when the Saints were on bye, then he got you 11 ppg through the first 13 weeks. Good for WR14.

(RotoWire) Thomas has been added to the Saints' Week 16 injury report, Herbie Teope of The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports. The wideout is now listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Falcons with a hamstring injury.

Analysis: Thomas has been on a roll of late, so this situation needs to be monitored closely, give that late injury report additions can be unsettling. Fortunately for those looking to use Thomas in Week 16 fantasy lineups, the Saints kick off at 1:00 ET on Sunday. In the event that Thomas is limited or out Sunday, the Saints would turn to fellow wideouts Ted Ginn (who is slated to return from a rib injury), as well as Brandon Coleman, Willie Snead and Tommylee Lewis.

grateful zed said:
(RotoWire) Thomas has been added to the Saints' Week 16 injury report, Herbie Teope of The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports. The wideout is now listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Falcons with a hamstring injury.

Analysis: Thomas has been on a roll of late, so this situation needs to be monitored closely, give that late injury report additions can be unsettling. Fortunately for those looking to use Thomas in Week 16 fantasy lineups, the Saints kick off at 1:00 ET on Sunday. In the event that Thomas is limited or out Sunday, the Saints would turn to fellow wideouts Ted Ginn (who is slated to return from a rib injury), as well as Brandon Coleman, Willie Snead and Tommylee Lewis.
Looks like willie time

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Michael Thomas (hamstring, questionable) is expected to play Week 16 against the Falcons.

Thomas created a stir when he showed up on the injury report Saturday with a hamstring issue, but it apparently is not severe enough to hold him out of a pivotal game. The injury adds some risk, but Thomas is still a top-10 option at receiver this week
Decoy alert?

ugh...DIggs woulda been my second choice had I seen the news in time
It was Hilton for me. No more WW, though I still have Hogan. Ooooof.

Merry Christmas R. Miss you in the FBG league, which is still going strong with 15 teams this year. Auction catered by Urban BBQ. Enticing? 

Active but do you trust him
Not sure...hoping it was minor in the first place since it popped up during a walkthrough. He apparently gave a thumbs up after his pregame warm-up 

Edit: For me, my only real option is Doctson. So I'm rolling with MT.

As these are my only other options, I am rolling with Thomas

Crowell at Bears

Mike Davis at Cowboys

Tyrell Williams at Jets

I'm benching Thomas for Robert Woods.  ESPN projections (for what they're worth) have me as an over 20 point favorite.  I'm going with the more sure thing with Woods against the depleted TEN secondary.

I'm benching Thomas for Robert Woods.  ESPN projections (for what they're worth) have me as an over 20 point favorite.  I'm going with the more sure thing with Woods against the depleted TEN secondary.
That is my choice as well...after Collins being subpar yesterday I am not in a great spot...leaning Thomas right now...but still have 45 minutes to stew over it...

My other options are Crabs, Demaryious or Agholor.  MT still in my lineup, really hoping he doesn't aggravate it.

Rolling him out over Mike Evans in a 1 point ppr (start 3 WR). Tyreek Hill/Woods starting in the other 2 spots.

Users who are viewing this thread