What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Dak Prescott, DAL (2 Viewers)

Shall I list them again or was this your attempt at being clever by repeating me? lol

Make your point if you have one.
The point is they both lost a dominant O-lineman. The difference is the cowboys lost a top 3 back and the eagles lost an old 3rd down back. Kind of hard to compare.

I've been on the Dak bandwagon as far as thinking he is really good, but the people who have said, "a lot of QBs could flourish when handed the best o-line and a stud RB" are looking smart the last week or so. 

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s a Check down artist with some ability to make plays with his feet. When the line and RB get you 4.5 every time you run it, and Dak can have a cup of coffee in the pocket on pass plays the game can slow down. Offense is “easy” when it’s 2nd and 4 or 3rd and 2 all the time.

When he’s in 3rd and long because they aren’t running it and he has to be decisive with the ball as soon as he hits his drop? Not so good. 

He’s a Check down artist with some ability to make plays with his feet. When the line and RB get you 4.5 every time you run it, and Dak can have a cup of coffee in the pocket on pass plays the game can slow down. Offense is “easy” when it’s 2nd and 4 or 3rd and 2 all the time.

When he’s in 3rd and long because they aren’t running it and he has to be decisive with the ball as soon as he hits his drop? Not so good. 

Good call, Nostradamus. 

Hes still a second year QB who will struggle. Last year the Cowboys had a magic season and everything went right. This year, not so much. The Cowboys offense is vanilla as it gets and predictable. The WRs are sub par and the TE is 100. 

Dak will be fine and grow from this. 

Cowboys LT Tyron Smith (groin) is practicing Tuesday.

Owners Jerry Jones said Smith has a chance to play on Thursday, and he looks on track after getting in work each of the first two days of practice. Smith returning would be a huge boost for the entire offense.
Finally some good news for Dak.

The point is they both lost a dominant O-lineman. The difference is the cowboys lost a top 3 back and the eagles lost an old 3rd down back. Kind of hard to compare.
Are you suggesting that the only way Dak can be successful is with an All-Pro RB?  The Eagles don't have, and from appearances, don't need an All-Pro back for Wentz to be successful.

Are you suggesting that the only way Dak can be successful is with an All-Pro RB?  The Eagles don't have, and from appearances, don't need an All-Pro back for Wentz to be successful.
You are joking right? They have a stable of good running backs.

You are joking right? They have a stable of good running backs.
Blount had a good year the previous season.  Historically hes a 150 carry/year guy.  He was on the street all offseason waiting for someone to sign him.  

Cory Clement.  An undrafted FA.

Wendell Smallwood?  He has 480 career yards.

Jay Ajayi's been here 2 games and has 15 total carries.  Maybe going forward he'll be the #1, but we're looking back right now.

I'm honestly not sure how this started into a Wentz vs Dak argument. I honestly think Wentz is the better QB in real life and fantasy. What I've been arguing is people saying Dak is Glennon. That is a ridiculous statement. Let's see what happens this week IF Smith plays.

Back on topic...... anyone considering not starting Dak this week? Is it totally dependent on Tyron playing?

I am currently considering streaming options, the Chargers D and pass rush has been coming on....Bosa and Ingram are beasts...... 

Back on topic...... anyone considering not starting Dak this week? Is it totally dependent on Tyron playing?

I am currently considering streaming options, the Chargers D and pass rush has been coming on....Bosa and Ingram are beasts...... 
God help me I'm eyeing Fitz on the wire until I see signs of life. 

It kind of is for me. I'm actually thinking of starting Keenum....

Good call, Nostradamus. 

Hes still a second year QB who will struggle. Last year the Cowboys had a magic season and everything went right. This year, not so much. The Cowboys offense is vanilla as it gets and predictable. The WRs are sub par and the TE is 100. 

Dak will be fine and grow from this. 
I posted back in week 2 that I thought he looked like Mike Glennon after playing the Broncos.  Well, he is who I thought he was when the circumstances aren't perfect for him.

You seem to be fixated on the running, which helps make the point for people criticizing him.  The criticism is that he needs an elite running game.  Without it he's been below average.
Wentz was far below average last season without a top running game. He's night & day difference now with one (the Eagles are 2nd in rushing).

Even YOU know your point isn't valid as far as Dallas is concerned.

Morris has actually ran pretty well the last couple weeks. The Cowboys have struggled the past 2 games because of their pass pro. Period.

Wentz was far below average last season without a top running game. He's night & day difference now with one (the Eagles are 2nd in rushing).

Even YOU know your point isn't valid as far as Dallas is concerned.

Morris has actually ran pretty well the last couple weeks. The Cowboys have struggled the past 2 games because of their pass pro. Period.
Could it possibly be because he matured as a 2nd year QB?

To your 2nd point - why do you keep bringing up the Eagles' run success as it relates to Wentz if the 'Boys issues are strictly pass-pro?

Could it possibly be because he matured as a 2nd year QB?

To your 2nd point - why do you keep bringing up the Eagles' run success as it relates to Wentz if the 'Boys issues are strictly pass-pro?
Wentz has certainly benefitted from a top running game. He's also greatly benefited from a MUCH improved receiving corps.

Without both of those, I'd expect improvement over last season, but he definitely wouldn't be putting up the production he is now. Not even close

As far as Dak, the poor pass pro we've had the last couple weeks would kill any QB. We've got to protect better. One of our offseason goals has to be to get better backup OL (not just at LT).

I take back everything good I've said about this bum. He is Glennon. So glad I grabbed Tyrod, sucks Dak cost me another week probably.

I have no other options in my main league. I was lucky enough to have him as a back up to Rodgers but have dropped the last 2 games and need to win out to get back in the money. 

His schedule gets lighter so I’m hoping he turns it around. 
Yep, I’m done. Hope no one took my advice. 

I honestly can't believe how any would trust Dak after the last couple of weeks.  I traded for Ben this week in a dynasty league as a contender because I knew sticking with Dak would be my downfall.  Happy Dak is on my bench because I still believe in him, but until he figures out how to be great without perfect conditions he will be very risky.

I honestly can't believe how any would trust Dak after the last couple of weeks.  I traded for Ben this week in a dynasty league as a contender because I knew sticking with Dak would be my downfall.  Happy Dak is on my bench because I still believe in him, but until he figures out how to be great without perfect conditions he will be very risky.
Thanks for this amazing insight after the game has been played.

Weebs- I said I traded for Ben THIS WEEK and Dak is on my bench.  So I chose to deal with the reality i saw as opposed to hoping in vain.

I wasn't sharing any supposed deep insight, simply stating that I thought it seemed risky to play Dak for anyone based on what we've seen.

In essence, if folks chose to ignore reality and start Dak, they got what they deserved.

I'm Daks biggest fan and I'm worried. I love the kid and know he works so hard. My blind faith says it's horrifically bland offensive  gameplans and not him. 

Teams are covering Witten and Cole and begging him to throw to Dez and it's doesn't work. 

Things look bleak 

no. I have the same players in a 2 QB league and may make that lineup decision
 Im kinda looking at it as Arians vs Garret. When I think of it this way, its not even close. Arians can make a half time adjustment and get the chains moving. 

From “no other QB I’d rather have in dynasty” to fantasy gurus starting the likes of Blaine Gabbert over him. 

Things change fast in the NFL. 

Teams are covering Witten and Cole and begging him to throw to Dez and it's doesn't work. 
More INTs the last 2 games than in 16 G last year. 8 turnovers in the last 3. Under 200 4 of the last 5 (which is incredible in the 2017 NFL - that’s Kizer territory.)

The thing I keep hearing over and over is he won’t throw into a tight window; he’s got to see seperation before he’ll fire. Dez has never been great coming off the line but his physicality makes him great on 50/50 balls. Which makes me think this is unlikely to self correct because that’s just not something Dak has ever been comfortable doing.

I like the matchup tonight but I just can’t trust Prescott right now. 

Sounds like Martin & Smith will go tonight but Collins hasn’t practiced all week.

My bet Dak has a good game tonight vs Washington.. Must win game and Washington is no Chargers or Eagles on D .. Teams have figured out how to defend Dallas without zeke.. Play action no longer works..no 8 man boxes.. Nickel and Dime them.. Dallas has no threat at wr.. Dez is slow.. SO when Dak feels the pressure who does he have to throw to that can get open .. noone 

Hoping dak has a decent game tonight to push cousins for some more points

Dallas def just made rivers look like Rodgers so I'm thinking there will be some nice points tonight

This thread is further proof that only negativity gets attention. This thread was DOA until Dak has his first bad stretch in his young career and it was suddenly flooded with Eagles fans. Dude bounces back and goes off and it's :crickets:

Stay off the bandwagon. 

Im starting Dak this week in my semifinal matchup.  Oakland ha been a sieve all year and the O line seems to be back in full swing.  If I do win this week, I'll probably have to bench week 16 against the seahawks..... maybe.  I don't know yet.

Users who are viewing this thread