What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kenneth Dixon, Free Agent (3 Viewers)

Yeah? Glad to hear that. Anyone have any links to such stories?
Heres 1 mans opinion. I hope hes wrong signed Dixon owner who held CMike 4ever So far no reports of Dixon being shot out of a cannon

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2018/7/23/17603698/ravens-training-camp-highlights-lowlights-7-23-18-kaare-vedvik-kenny-young-michael-crabtree

"All along the running back depth chart, from Kenneth Dixon and Javorius Allen to Gus Edwards, this is a competition. The only player I feel exempt is Alex Collins. To me, he is the surefire starter. I’ve watched his footwork the past few practices and he’s capable of cutting quicker than we witnessed last season. Barring anything serious, he’s posting 1,000 yards. He’s also improved in the passing game, which will keep him on the field in third-down situations."

barackdhouse said:
Yeah? Glad to hear that. Anyone have any links to such stories?
"Dixon's been third in the running back rotation most of the summer, but he impressed when he played with the first-team offense Monday [7/23]. He caught a short pass on the left side of the field from Flacco, showing off soft hands, and displayed burst hitting holes on several carries. Though Alex Collins is positioned as Baltimore's top back this season, Dixon could earn plenty of touches, as well."

https://www.pennlive.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/07/c4aa41f9305453/baltimore-ravens-receivers-sta.html

Collins is on my short list in the 4th but moreso than any other back I’m targeting, I’ll be very aggressive in securing Dixon just in case. We have yet to see Dixon 100% healthy and on the field and everyone seems to be in love with him so I’m afraid he is going to get every opportunity to take time from Collins unless Collins comes out and doesn’t miss a beat. 

Good news for him is there’s really not a 4th back in the picture at this point to make it plausible to cut him. Going knee injury, PED suspension, knee injury, substance abuse suspension to start your career usually isn’t going to let you keep your roster spot very long as a 4th round pick. Now the hammy injury which you have to assume will cost him at least a few days. 

Good news for him is there’s really not a 4th back in the picture at this point to make it plausible to cut him. Going knee injury, PED suspension, knee injury, substance abuse suspension to start your career usually isn’t going to let you keep your roster spot very long as a 4th round pick. Now the hammy injury which you have to assume will cost him at least a few days. 
Gus Edwards was a pretty decent college back no one is talking about. 

If it keeps him out long I'd expect there will be some cuts by other teams that will look more appealing to the Ravens than Dixon going into the season. They were pretty active on that front last year, adding Langford and Collins. 

Any idea if this is serious or he just left practice?  
All I have is what the guys on twitter are saying- left field with trainer walking gingerly. They’re presenting the news that it was a hamstring injury as a positive given that it’s not his knee again. Walking with some level of discomfort would make me think it’s not just some tightness.

Jamison Hensley✔@jamisonhensley

Ravens running back Kenneth Dixon left the field with about an hour left in practice. He walked off with a trainer. This was Dixon’s fourth practice back since returning from a hamstring injury.

3:02 PM - Aug 7, 2018

Jamison Hensley✔@jamisonhensley

Ravens running back Kenneth Dixon left the field with about an hour left in practice. He walked off with a trainer. This was Dixon’s fourth practice back since returning from a hamstring injury.

3:02 PM - Aug 7, 2018
Jesus Christ. I've held this dude long enough. He needs to get on the freaking field.

Roll of the dice now.  Hamstring injuries are tricky and could last all year. 

However, I agree with the opinion that the Ravens won't cut ties. He has another year under contract at $725K.  Ravens have little risk holding or trading him.  I expect the Ravens to be cautious and hold Dixon out for as long as it takes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roll of the dice now.  Hamstring injuries are tricky and could last all year. 

However, I agree with the opinion that the Ravens won't cut ties. He has another year under contract at $725K.  Ravens have little risk holding or trading him.  I expect the Ravens to be cautious and hold Dixon out for as long as it takes.
I don't see this. If he doesn't get healthy and show what he can do, I would guess they cut ties. He wasn't an elite pick, he has violated the performance enhancing drug policy, and he has been injured more than healthy.  Buck Allen can do an adequate job as Collin's backup and the rookie Mark Thompson is promising.   I think Dixon needs to get on the field to keep his spot much less steal playing time.

I don't see this. If he doesn't get healthy and show what he can do, I would guess they cut ties. He wasn't an elite pick, he has violated the performance enhancing drug policy, and he has been injured more than healthy.  Buck Allen can do an adequate job as Collin's backup and the rookie Mark Thompson is promising.   I think Dixon needs to get on the field to keep his spot much less steal playing time.
He was a darling of the dynasty crowd here but you're 100% correct - the Ravens have very little invested in Dixon as far as draft capital and time goes. It's very easy to see him being the embodiment of the two year average life-span statistic of NFL RB careers.

He was suspended twice in six months. I don't understand the love. 

Jeff Zrebiec✔@jeffzrebiec

Kenneth Dixon in pads and running routes. Good sign. He's dealt with some hamstring issues that have sidelined him for chunk of training camp.

5:13 PM - Aug 9, 2018

Jeff Zrebiec @jeffzrebiec

Really nice 1st half for Kenneth Dixon who had 6 carries for 32 yds and 3 catches for 24 yds. Ran hard and finished runs. Will be interesting to see in this 2nd half if any of the bubble WRs make some plays. Other than Perriman, none of them have done anything in preseason games

Last edited by a moderator:
He looked like he had some burst and a ton of power on a couple runs. He also only had 4/11 and 1/8 prior to the last minute of the half when the Colts were presumably in some sort of prevent defense allowing him to rack up almost 40 yards. 

Guess I’ll make my offer to the Collins owner now, it’s probably the last chance to sell before he gets dropped

He got dropped in my league, and there's 3 Ravens fans. 

is it a dyno league or just redraft?

i'm in a 3 year contract league and rosters are tight. having a hard time justifying keeping dixon. not a long list of backs who did so little their first two years that went on to amount to much...

i'm in a 3 year contract league and rosters are tight. having a hard time justifying keeping dixon. not a long list of backs who did so little their first two years that went on to amount to much...
Dynasty, people are just fed up with owning him I suppose, and are more interested in rookies with more perceived upside. 

Dynasty, people are just fed up with owning him I suppose, and are more interested in rookies with more perceived upside. 

thanks.

i kinda feel the same. deciding between him and john kelly... (i have collins.) but knowing that ravens fans are even more bearish on him than me might help me make a decision here.

thanks.

i kinda feel the same. deciding between him and john kelly... (i have collins.) but knowing that ravens fans are even more bearish on him than me might help me make a decision here.
I cut him post-draft to make room for Kelly on my roster!

There's also not a long list of backs who did much when they missed 20 of their first 32 games. He's only really been healthy for 8 games (as a rookie missed 4 games and the next 4 were with a knee brace). Makes him very risky since you've only got an 8 game sample, but I think he's easily worth a stash if you have Collins. I've been pairing them whenever possible.

There's also not a long list of backs who did much when they missed 20 of their first 32 games. He's only really been healthy for 8 games (as a rookie missed 4 games and the next 4 were with a knee brace). Makes him very risky since you've only got an 8 game sample, but I think he's easily worth a stash if you have Collins. I've been pairing them whenever possible.

yeah. those are reasons i grabbed him at our draft. but keeping him through our cutdown day is a bit tougher. was hoping preseason would help me decide. saw some stuff i like but i did with kelly, too... 

tough decisions!

yeah. those are reasons i grabbed him at our draft. but keeping him through our cutdown day is a bit tougher. was hoping preseason would help me decide. saw some stuff i like but i did with kelly, too... 

tough decisions!
Yeah, Kelly looks good, but Gurley just got an extension so you're basically holding him through his rookie contract before he's got a shot at daylight. Whereas Dixon only has 2 years left. Collins only got a 1 year contract and it not nearly the talent Gurley is. If there's a tie breaker, go with the 4th rounder over the UDFA.

I picked up Dixon off the FA list this AM to handcuff Collins. Seemed safe & i had a droppable WR.  I always like having talented handcuffs. 

I picked up Dixon off the FA list this AM to handcuff Collins. Seemed safe & i had a droppable WR.  I always like having talented handcuffs. 
Yeah, it's probably the most appealing handcuff situation from a cost + talent perspective. Other decent, relatively cheap combos: Lynch/Martin and Barber/Rojo. 

Yeah, it's probably the most appealing handcuff situation from a cost + talent perspective. Other decent, relatively cheap combos: Lynch/Martin and Barber/Rojo. 
I spent a late pick on Kelly in the league I have Gurley. I wish I had room to roster him in the league I have Collins/Dixon, as I think he should be on this list as well. 

Yeah, Kelly looks good, but Gurley just got an extension so you're basically holding him through his rookie contract before he's got a shot at daylight. Whereas Dixon only has 2 years left. Collins only got a 1 year contract and it not nearly the talent Gurley is. If there's a tie breaker, go with the 4th rounder over the UDFA.

thanks. agree on kelly. i see him as the least likely to morph into a standalone asset for me, but seems like there's probably a pretty good chance that he's a fringe RB1 play at least a couple weeks a season the next few years. and if the starter was to miss a month or more, i'd probably like him more than dixon...

but collins is still an RFA after this year (right?). it'll probably depend on the season he has and the tender the ravens place on him, but it seems unlikely the ravens will just let him walk.

I spent a late pick on Kelly in the league I have Gurley. I wish I had room to roster him in the league I have Collins/Dixon, as I think he should be on this list as well. 
There's nothing relatively cheap about Gurley!

thanks. agree on kelly. i see him as the least likely to morph into a standalone asset for me, but seems like there's probably a pretty good chance that he's a fringe RB1 play at least a couple weeks a season the next few years. and if the starter was to miss a month or more, i'd probably like him more than dixon...

but collins is still an RFA after this year (right?). it'll probably depend on the season he has and the tender the ravens place on him, but it seems unlikely the ravens will just let him walk.
Yeah, the LAR offense is much more enviable than Baltimore, but if you're playing PPR at least Dixon has that 3 down potential. 

Collins was a restricted free agent after 2017. The Ravens could've locked him down with a big contract or go the economical route and take the cheap 1 year deal. They took the 1 year deal. If Collins has a good season he could price himself out of them re-signing him. If he has a bad season they could just move on. I think there's a small chance that he could miss time and Dixon could earn the role for 2019. 

There's nothing relatively cheap about Gurley!
No, but Kelly is dirt cheap. 

Yeah, the LAR offense is much more enviable than Baltimore, but if you're playing PPR at least Dixon has that 3 down potential. 
True. 

Collins was a restricted free agent after 2017. The Ravens could've locked him down with a big contract or go the economical route and take the cheap 1 year deal. They took the 1 year deal. If Collins has a good season he could price himself out of them re-signing him. If he has a bad season they could just move on. I think there's a small chance that he could miss time and Dixon could earn the role for 2019. 
That’s all correct, but it sure seems like the Ravens are invested in him for this season. They’ve kept him in bubble wrap while letting they RB3-4-5 compete for a roster spot/role, and teams usually only do that with players who they want as a focal point. 

Im eager to see how it plays out - I really hope Collins has a healthy 16, but it’s nice to have the Dixon insurance as a free pickup. 

That’s all correct, but it sure seems like the Ravens are invested in him for this season. They’ve kept him in bubble wrap while letting they RB3-4-5 compete for a roster spot/role, and teams usually only do that with players who they want as a focal point. 

Im eager to see how it plays out - I really hope Collins has a healthy 16, but it’s nice to have the Dixon insurance as a free pickup. 
Collins is definitely the RB1 and I think he'll do well. I've got him in a few leagues so I hope he pans out, but I've got Dixon as a $1 or $2 player in a LOT of leagues, so I'd really like to see him get a shot. In this day and age of 1PPR, I like his upside better than Collins. Gimme those sweet, sweet 2 minute drill dump offs...

Kenneth Dixon (knee) is expected to miss "some time."

Dixon was injured late in the Ravens' embarrassment of the Bills. Although it was partly garbage time fueled, Dixon had a surprisingly big role, out-touching Alex Collins 13-8. Part of it appeared to be punishment for Collins fumbling. As it is, Dixon is once again hurt, once again to his knee. Javorius Allen will serve as Collins' clear-cut backup/change of pace while Dixon is on the shelf.

Source: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter 

Sep 10 - 1:49 PM

Users who are viewing this thread