What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (14 Viewers)

I'm not in great shape. I've been walking a decent amount (say, about three miles a day) for quite a while, but that had been pretty much my only form of exercise for a long time. 

For the last three weeks or so, I've had very little work to do. So I started walking a lot more
This is us too. Our usual 3 mile walk has turned into a 6 mile walk. We only do it once a day though!

Still working outside in the yard and walking a lot. I've become obsessed with finding morels the last few days. I could literally spend all day wondering the woods searching for them. Diet was good for 80% of the week, but ate like a king on Easter and did it all over again with leftovers on Monday. Then had pizza on Tuesday. Wasn't sure what to expect this week.

1/2 – 184.6 lbs

1/9 – 179.8 lbs

1/16 – 177.4 lbs

1/23 – 176.0 lbs

1/30 – 174.8 lbs

2/6 – 172.4 lbs

2/13 – 172.2 lbs

2/20 – 171.0 lbs

2/27 – 169.6 lbs

3/5 – 167.4 lbs

3/12 – 165.8 lbs

3/19 – 163.0 lbs

3/26 – 161.8 lbs

4/2 – 159.2 lbs

4/9 – 158.0 lbs

4/16 - 155.8 lbs

This is us too. Our usual 3 mile walk has turned into a 6 mile walk. We only do it once a day though!

Still working outside in the yard and walking a lot. I've become obsessed with finding morels the last few days. I could literally spend all day wondering the woods searching for them. Diet was good for 80% of the week, but ate like a king on Easter and did it all over again with leftovers on Monday. Then had pizza on Tuesday. Wasn't sure what to expect this week.

1/2 – 184.6 lbs

4/9 – 158.0 lbs

4/16 - 155.8 lbs
Jealous 😉 great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have already destroyed the daily nutrient intake vs number of imperial calories I have ingested...Annie's organic biscuits are yummy, the chicken and sage sausage links that had been hiding in the freezer were a perfect addition with a good amount of butter and yes maple syrup on them biscuits, I had like 3 of them. 

Breyer's ice cream was BOGO, it's lurking in the freezer. Time to figure out what activities I'm doing today, little sore from yesterday and not running right out the door this morning. 

What are we eating? I'll be more specific. Do you have a routine for breakfast, let's start there since it's the most important meal of the day...actually that's total bullspit but do you have a range of breakfast things you like to start the day with? I used to not eat in the morning at all but am cozying up with some changes to my daily routine and one of them is getting my system started earlier in the day, even an apple or banana just to get things moving. 

Cheers CP 
Since I've been working from home, it varies.   Mainly, Quaker Apples and Cinnamon oatmeal.  Sometimes fruit, either a banana or melon.  Occasional breakfast sandwich (Jimmy Dean Delights Honey Wheat flatbread with turkey sausage egg and cheese).  Homemade Banana or Pumpkin bread if I've made it recently (I would usually make it take it to work, but no I'm the only one at work!  LOL).

4/1 - 295.2 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 565 active cal; 739 total cal.  60 Total Minutes.

4/2 - 296.0 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 617 active cal; 790 total cal.  120 total Minutes.

4/3 - 296.6 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 601 active cal; 776 total cal.  180 Total Minutes.

4/4 - 296.0 lbs: 30 min recumbent bike; 261 active cal; 347 total cal.  210 total minutes.  

4/5 - 294.6 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 414 active cal.; 544 total cal.  255 total minutes.

4/6 - 294.8 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 486 active cal.; 616 total cal.  300 total minutes.

4/7 - 294.4 lbs; 24 min walk & 30 min recumbent bike; 405 active cal; 561 total cal; 354 total minutes.

4/8 - 294.4 lbs; 30 min recumbent bike; 281 active cal; 305 total cal.  384 total minutes.  

4/9 - 294.4 lbs; 30 min recumbent bike; 267 active cal; 354 total cal.  414 total minutes.

4/10 - 293.8 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 541 active cal; 713 total cal.  474 Total Minutes.

4/11 - 293.4 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 482 active cal; 654 total cal.  534 Total Minutes.

4/12 - 294.6 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 365 active cal; 495 total cal; 579 Total minutes.

4/13 -294.6 lbs; 0 minutes; 579 total minutes.

4/14 - 294.0 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 339 active cal; 469 Total cal; 624 Total minutes.

4/15 - 294.6 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 382 active cal; 512 Total cal; 669 Total minutes.

4/16 - 294.0 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 344 active cal; 474 Total cal;  714 Total minutes.

40 minutes of weights and bike.   Really enjoying the weight training again.  Took last week off after doing 6 weeks of a 1x20 weight training routine.   The 1x20 was an interesting workout and was easy on my 52 year old body.   Can’t say the 1x20 did much for building muscle but at this point, I’m trying to keep some strength and not beat up my joints too much.  The 1x20 routine seems like it could be effective for HS kids trying to get stronger.   Maybe for 20 somethings as well?   

40 minutes of weights and bike.     

Only about 40 minutes today (20 minutes running and 20 minutes HIIT).  
I didn't do a whole lot either IMO. 45 Minute walk but compared to other days it felt like nothing and it rained down on me the last 5 minutes, just lovely. 

-I really hit the TriFecta for eating horribly yesterday, it was like Birthday No 2 this week. After a biscuit and maple syrup orgy for breakfast we decided to eat half a frozen pizza for lunch and split the calories of a whole pie with the Mrs. Then I managed to get a nice hot bowl of oatmeal and fresh apples into me for dinner with a little brown sugar and cinnamon, I make the best oats. But then to top things off with last night we had to open one of those Breyer's we bought the other day(SHE BOUGHT IT) and I had not one but a two bowls of Neapolitan with an emphasis on the Strawberry. 

Not all ice cream is created equal and I defy you to find a better ice cream than one of the Natural Breyer's flavors that are made with like 3-4 ingredients, pure ice cream, delicious!!! Natural Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, the basics not those ones loaded with a 100,000 grand candy bar down the middle. 

1,725 and counting 

do you all do the strava app you start a timer when you start your walk run or ride and it tracks your route and will give you a gps map of where you went and how long you were out and then it tracks your monthly distance and time out for this month so far i have walked or biked a total of 118 miles it is free and pretty cool take that to the bank brohans

Since I've been working from home, it varies.   Mainly, Quaker Apples and Cinnamon oatmeal.  Sometimes fruit, either a banana or melon.  Occasional breakfast sandwich (Jimmy Dean Delights Honey Wheat flatbread with turkey sausage egg and cheese).  Homemade Banana or Pumpkin bread if I've made it recently (I would usually make it take it to work, but no I'm the only one at work!  LOL).
I am not sure you are looking for advice, but I will give it anyway.  There are little changes that can make a ton of difference in weight loss.

Change from the apple cinnamon to plain oatmeal.  The apple cinnamon has 12g of sugar.  Put real apples or bananas in for flavor.

Ditch the cheese on the sandwich.

Change from banana bread to plain bread.

I use the itrackbites app to log my food and it really helps me stay on track.  It essentially follows the weight watchers points plan.  Even if you don't want to follow the plan, the app can give you a good indication "good vs evil".  A good example of a choice I made was eating Cheerios (which are zero points) vs Honey Nut Cheerios (4 points for 3/4 cup). 

I am not sure you are looking for advice, but I will give it anyway.  There are little changes that can make a ton of difference in weight loss.

Change from the apple cinnamon to plain oatmeal.  The apple cinnamon has 12g of sugar.  Put real apples or bananas in for flavor.

Ditch the cheese on the sandwich.

Change from banana bread to plain bread.

I use the itrackbites app to log my food and it really helps me stay on track.  It essentially follows the weight watchers points plan.  Even if you don't want to follow the plan, the app can give you a good indication "good vs evil".  A good example of a choice I made was eating Cheerios (which are zero points) vs Honey Nut Cheerios (4 points for 3/4 cup). 
I am totally on board with those changes and I like that apps like weight watchers and itrackbites really focus on healthy decisions.  

But

It's also ok to make slow changes to your diet. You don't have to cut out all sugar and cheese to lose weight. I think people imagine that they can only eat "diet foods" and it gets intimidating, especially for people who plan to diet for an extended period of time.  

What helps me is tracking calories and seeing how many calories I'm spending on things. I didn't change my eating habits right away,  I just stopped eating when I ran out of calories.  Then I slowly made changes. 

I cut sugar in my coffee after realizing how many calories I was having every morning before i took a bite of solid food but I still sometimes splurge (and ive been having sugar in my coffee every day during quarantine, just brushing my teeth right after).

I'll make a sandwich with a 200 calorie pretzel roll, add a ton of meat at 35 calories per ounce, and feel like I'm getting away with something.  But one individually wrapped Kraft single adds 60 calories.  Is it worth it?  If im targeting 1500 calories for the day, that's 1/25th of my daily calories.  It takes about 10 minutes of walking to burn those 60 calories.  Maybe that's my motivation to increase my walking - i like cheese on my sandwiches so I'll do more cardio.  

I think the best answer in a lot of cases is to just be aware of the rules, then decide how you want to play the game, instead of listening to experts talk about how they play.  

I am totally on board with those changes and I like that apps like weight watchers and itrackbites really focus on healthy decisions.  

But

It's also ok to make slow changes to your diet. You don't have to cut out all sugar and cheese to lose weight. I think people imagine that they can only eat "diet foods" and it gets intimidating, especially for people who plan to diet for an extended period of time.  

What helps me is tracking calories and seeing how many calories I'm spending on things. I didn't change my eating habits right away,  I just stopped eating when I ran out of calories.  Then I slowly made changes. 

I cut sugar in my coffee after realizing how many calories I was having every morning before i took a bite of solid food but I still sometimes splurge (and ive been having sugar in my coffee every day during quarantine, just brushing my teeth right after).

I'll make a sandwich with a 200 calorie pretzel roll, add a ton of meat at 35 calories per ounce, and feel like I'm getting away with something.  But one individually wrapped Kraft single adds 60 calories.  Is it worth it?  If im targeting 1500 calories for the day, that's 1/25th of my daily calories.  It takes about 10 minutes of walking to burn those 60 calories.  Maybe that's my motivation to increase my walking - i like cheese on my sandwiches so I'll do more cardio.  

I think the best answer in a lot of cases is to just be aware of the rules, then decide how you want to play the game, instead of listening to experts talk about how they play.  
We are on the same page Fred, that is why I suggested small steps as well like cutting out on the flavored Oatmeal and cutting out the cheese.  Small changes to the behavior add up a the end of the day.  Just seeing where the hidden calories and points are in your daily routine can be eye opening.

I am a cheese lover, but I have realized you can skip it on many things (e.g. salads, omelets) and not really notice.  I would rather spend those few points on a few chocolate covered almonds than cheese.

100 minutes today.  nice, long hike.  ran for 17 minutes in the middle of it, and finished with a nice hard climb.  didn't track any of it, but i think the run would be close to 1.75 miles.  currently icing my knee, like a pitcher that just threw a complete game.

me:  823

lady raiders:  955

cheeseypoof said:
55 minutes today. Really slow run and tweaked my back.  Hopefully a little icy hot will loosen it up. 

979 for the month. 

The Flying Turtle said:
We are on the same page Fred, that is why I suggested small steps as well like cutting out on the flavored Oatmeal and cutting out the cheese.  Small changes to the behavior add up a the end of the day.  Just seeing where the hidden calories and points are in your daily routine can be eye opening.

I am a cheese lover, but I have realized you can skip it on many things (e.g. salads, omelets) and not really notice.  I would rather spend those few points on a few chocolate covered almonds than cheese.
You had me until here.  ;)   Cheese is my life, but like you I've learned that I can do without it on some stuff.  I've been enjoying tuna without it having to be a tuna melt, or a good turkey sandwich with some mustard instead of cheese.  Then I can have my cheese on more important stuff like pizza.  Lots and lots of pizza.  As you and bf pointed out, it's a lot of calories and fat that aren't always necessary (except on pizza...have I mentioned how much I love pizza?).

Looks like people have been killing it with the exercise the past couple of days!  MOP, you have my in the mood for some Neapolitan now, even though I'm not a big ice cream person.  Strawberry and chocolate thirds FTW!

The daily yoga this morning was short, but I made up for it with a longer-than-usual walk and even got Mr. krista to join.  It's a little easier to get out and stay out when it's a gorgeous day, and I live in one of the most beautiful spots in the US.  Subtracting five minutes from our walking total for when we stopped at our local bakery.  It's OK - I've only had one bite of a donut and one bite of a Viking cup so far!

123 minutes for a total of 1489 so far.

4/1 - 81

4/2 - 67

4/3 - 62

4/4 - 103

4/5 - 100

4/6 - 86

4/7 - 82

4/8 - 86

4/9 - 88

4/10 - 64

4/11 - 98

4/12 - 115

4/13 - 90

4/14 - 81

4/15 - 81

4/16 - 82

4/17 - 123

Total:  1489

The daily yoga this morning was short, but I made up for it with a longer-than-usual walk and even got Mr. krista to join.  It's a little easier to get out and stay out when it's a gorgeous day, and I live in one of the most beautiful spots in the US.  Subtracting five minutes from our walking total for when we stopped at our local bakery.  It's OK - I've only had one bite of a donut and one bite of a Viking cup so far!

123 minutes for a total of 1489 so far.

4/1 - 81

4/2 - 67

4/3 - 62

4/4 - 103

4/5 - 100

4/6 - 86

4/7 - 82

4/8 - 86

4/9 - 88

4/10 - 64

4/11 - 98

4/12 - 115

4/13 - 90

4/14 - 81

4/15 - 81

4/16 - 82

4/17 - 123

Total:  1489
If you don't mind me asking, I'm super curious how are you two doing?  I think about this from time to time.  I have a few friends going through something similar. So strange how perspectives have changed during this. 

Been a rough week. lower back makes me feel like a hunched over 80 year old. Spent yesterday and today with half hour stretching and back yoga sessions though. Better than nothing.

If you don't mind me asking, I'm super curious how are you two doing?  I think about this from time to time.  I have a few friends going through something similar. So strange how perspectives have changed during this. 
It's kind of you to ask!  We do great, for the most part.  Our issues don't include not getting along or not enjoying each other's company, so being cooped up in unusual circumstances is better on us than on most people, I think.  That being said, remember how I said I'd been in a ####ty mood earlier this week?  Yeah, I've found myself more irritable in general through this stuff, as I've felt this increasing sense of dread associated with what's going on in the world.  But I do recognize and acknowledge it so as not to blame him, and I also acknowledge that it is nicer to have him around right now than to be alone (that reads like faint praise, maybe, but not what I intend).

Been a rough week. lower back makes me feel like a hunched over 80 year old. Spent yesterday and today with half hour stretching and back yoga sessions though. Better than nothing.
As you know, the stretching and yoga are a great idea for you for now.  Terrific that you're doing that even when not feeling so wonderful.

4/1 - 295.2 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 565 active cal; 739 total cal.  60 Total Minutes.

4/2 - 296.0 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 617 active cal; 790 total cal.  120 total Minutes.

4/3 - 296.6 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 601 active cal; 776 total cal.  180 Total Minutes.

4/4 - 296.0 lbs: 30 min recumbent bike; 261 active cal; 347 total cal.  210 total minutes.  

4/5 - 294.6 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 414 active cal.; 544 total cal.  255 total minutes.

4/6 - 294.8 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 486 active cal.; 616 total cal.  300 total minutes.

4/7 - 294.4 lbs; 24 min walk & 30 min recumbent bike; 405 active cal; 561 total cal; 354 total minutes.

4/8 - 294.4 lbs; 30 min recumbent bike; 281 active cal; 305 total cal.  384 total minutes.  

4/9 - 294.4 lbs; 30 min recumbent bike; 267 active cal; 354 total cal.  414 total minutes.

4/10 - 293.8 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 541 active cal; 713 total cal.  474 Total Minutes.

4/11 - 293.4 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 482 active cal; 654 total cal.  534 Total Minutes.

4/12 - 294.6 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 365 active cal; 495 total cal; 579 Total minutes.

4/13 -294.6 lbs; 0 minutes; 579 total minutes.

4/14 - 294.0 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 339 active cal; 469 Total cal; 624 Total minutes.

4/15 - 294.6 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 382 active cal; 512 Total cal; 669 Total minutes.

4/16 - 294.0 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 344 active cal; 474 Total cal;  714 Total minutes.

4/17 - 294.0 lbs; 30 min recumbent bike; 260 active cal; 346 total cal; 744 Total minutes.

Had to stop after 30 minutes as I felt my blood sugar dropping and energy level was shot.  Took my blood sugar when I got off the bike.  It was low 80's.  I normally run 115-125 on a good day.  I was definitely able to feel the effect of it dropping.  Was still my best 30 minute workout even with the last 5 minutes tailing off.

I can see the effect of more regular exercise.  It seems like it's taking longer for my HR to peak during exercise, and my average HR during the sessions is definitely lower now than than when I started, even when the pace is slightly greater.

It snowed all day in NE OH.   I only took a 20 minute walk.   It normally takes a lot to get me down but the cold and snow in mid-April on top of C19 had me unmotivated.   Oh yeah, my diet still stinks but I’m not in the mood to fix it just yet and am not that far off from my goal weight anyway.    On a positive note, I’m looking forward to hitting the weights on Sunday.   

I was shocked how cold it was in most of the major cities the other day, no way I would step a toe outside in 30 degree weather. 

Did a 2nd walk yesterday to get the Mrs out of the house, 60 minutes. 

Did another 60 minutes when I woke up this morning, Mrs hopefully will join me later for another. Been pretty consistent on 2 a days this month. 

-They opened the beaches in Jacksonville  :unsure:  and I would imagine that they will follow soon down here in the Palm Beaches and I'm not ready for all that just yet. I also want another month to 6 weeks before I see a tennis court and see what kind of difference 20+ pounds has on my frame and how I move on the court. 

Me 1,905 as of this morning.

Mrs 1,250 

1 hour row, 13k.  Started off MAF and then just went for it at parts. Whatever.  

Would love to walk and bike ride by NY weather sucks right now. Cold yesterday, cold and rainy today. If we lived in nice weather I’d be out walking and biking every afternoon. Hopefully in a few weeks the weather starts to turn. Tomorrow should be de decent at least.  High 50s, windy, but at least some sun. 

7 day streak (4/17/20) - 10,675 steps

16 pull ups throughout the day (4 X 4 - at the beginning and end of the 2 walks I did yesterday). 

moon salutation (because I did it in the evening 🙂 )

Today is my birthday and it's supposed to rain all day, so I might just take a day off.  
Happy birthday. Celebrate imo. We need that kind of normalcy these days.  

7 day streak (4/17/20) - 10,675 steps

16 pull ups throughout the day (4 X 4 - at the beginning and end of the 2 walks I did yesterday). 

moon salutation (because I did it in the evening 🙂 )

Today is my birthday and it's supposed to rain all day, so I might just take a day off.  
Happy Birthday Steel, draft in a few days so you have something to look forward to. Mine was Tuesday, drank a bottle of Four Graces, highly recommend. 

Just got back from an amazing afternoon. Got the Mrs to join me for a lovely bike ride around the neighborhood that turned into a longer ride and getting a quick bite from the salad/smoothie place we enjoy. As I was hopping off my bike I look over and see a Tennis couple that I play against usually once a week and there are some details about the two of them I will spare you but they are "Glossy" types, very nice folks though. Turns out his daughter owns the coffee shop just next door so it turned into a longer stop than I first anticipated but it was a lot of fun carrying on conversations 6 feet apart and working in a salad and smoothie on our journey. 

On the way back I was surprised Mrs was up for a leg of the ride I had thought we might cut short. We ended up going close to 18 miles over a delightful 2.5-3 hours with an intermission for lunch thrown in, it felt romantic if that's possible and with the rain set to come in here this afternoon, such a great feeling to be home now ready to party inside the rest of the day. I almost feel high. Add this to my 60 minute walk this morning and it's been an OUTSTANDING day today.  

-Sincerely to everyone of you in this thread that show up every day to check in and share, I owe you all a huge thank you, it has gotten me re-focused on my health and also my overall happiness. I thought because I played Tennis I was living an active lifestyle but I'm learning there is so much more I can do.

I have a huge advantage over most of you with the weather, it's been pretty gorgeous here in general so it would have been criminal if I had just laid inside and gotten irritable and fussy watching (Pick One) news all day. 100 Minutes on the bikes, was really feeling it on the way back.  

Me 2,000

Mrs 1,350 

-Sincerely to everyone of you in this thread that show up every day to check in and share, I owe you all a huge thank you, it has gotten me re-focused on my health and also my overall happiness. I thought because I played Tennis I was living an active lifestyle but I'm learning there is so much more I can do.
Your day sounds amazing!  As to the above, for all the joking we do here, there is great advice and encouragement to be had in this thread.  You don't have to be the 10k-thread guys (who are just killing in their 5k races right now - fun thread to watch) but just make some incremental changes like many here have done.  

We were getting some desperately needed rain here this morning, so I did 27 minutes of yoga and 64 minutes of incline trainer for a total of 91 indoor minutes.  I've had thoughts of getting outside this afternoon now that the rain has cleared, but I probably won't.  :)   Tomorrow looks to be another gorgeous day; I'm going to try to sneak Mr krista out for another long walk.

4/1 - 81

4/2 - 67

4/3 - 62

4/4 - 103

4/5 - 100

4/6 - 86

4/7 - 82

4/8 - 86

4/9 - 88

4/10 - 64

4/11 - 98

4/12 - 115