What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (10 Viewers)

On my third day of spuds. No scale though and I don't intend to buy one.

I'll do four to five days on, two to three days off for a couple of weeks and see if there is a (clothes) measurable difference

ETA: Had my first "cheat" today, but it probably really isn't one. Grilled onions, made on my panini maker until caramelized. Just ever so lightly brushed with EVOO and a thorough dusting of a mix of rock salt and smoked rock salt. Super nice

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in a bad rut and the potato isn't saving me.   Who loves those kings hawaiin rolls?   Smear a little butter on them.  Delicious.   I think I made a big mistake going the sour cream route with the potato.   Its put me in a bad cheating zone.

On my second four day session. I have to admit the enthusiasm this morning was not what it has been when I had that first spud...I'll make it though

Baked potato with home made salsa tonight

On my second four day session. I have to admit the enthusiasm this morning was not what it has been when I had that first spud...I'll make it though

Baked potato with home made salsa tonight
Fourth day, and yesterday was tough, I crave taste!

So I made some spicy Dhal to serve over the baked potatoes today. Cheat meal tonight, but with potatoes.

Longer term assessment over the weekend

Diving back in after vacation.  Oh boy do I need it...  considering giving up booze for a couple of months along with the Missus until our next kid arrives, which would greatly help me on this.

Whoa, this thread has been dead for so long, and I just came in to post that I'm back on the train after a long hiatus. and it popped up as I was typing that you posted in here. I smell a potato resurgence around here.

This thing really does work. Shame that it petered out.

Down to 175 with sporadic potato devotion  :shrug:
2 days - 6 lbs. going full tilt until Thanksgiving.

Speaking of smells- potatoes going bad are one of the absolute worst smells in the world. I've had it happen twice that the 20 lb bags I had in our potato/onion drawer in the kitchen got rank and it took me a day to track down where the stink was coming from. Reeks up the house something fierce.

also, the Rao's tomato sauce is the greatest thing I've ever tasted. Been using it on my spuds, and I will never get sick of it. I could literally eat it every day for the rest of my life. And they sell it at Sam's Club now. Huge 40 oz jars for like, $7.

Slapdash said:
Time to get a couple of spud days in before the holiday season.  How's it going @Otis
Poorly.  After a couple of weeks out of the country for work, I went off the wagon and picked up drinking again, and then just reverted back to old ways (a couple of spud days mixed in, but mostly old ways).  That said only put back about 10lbs, and I'm sure some of that is ghost weight/bloating that would vanish after a couple days of spuds.  So I'm probably at a "real" 223 right now -- still 15lbs off my high, but about 8 lbs above my low.  So, I'd like to get back to spuds again soon and continue my trek down to 210. 

Poorly.  After a couple of weeks out of the country for work, I went off the wagon and picked up drinking again, and then just reverted back to old ways (a couple of spud days mixed in, but mostly old ways).  That said only put back about 10lbs, and I'm sure some of that is ghost weight/bloating that would vanish after a couple days of spuds.  So I'm probably at a "real" 223 right now -- still 15lbs off my high, but about 8 lbs above my low.  So, I'd like to get back to spuds again soon and continue my trek down to 210. 
That initial bump is such a good motivator.  Yeah, between football being back and some mini-vacations (there is a lot of booze in Vegas), hoping to get back down a few before holidays really start kicking in

That initial bump is such a good motivator.  Yeah, between football being back and some mini-vacations (there is a lot of booze in Vegas), hoping to get back down a few before holidays really start kicking in
Yes, this is a good, timely reminder.  November/December are always tough, so a good idea to squeeze in a few weeks of spuds before the food and beverage onslaught.

:hifive:

Well after this thing changed my life and made me drop a bunch of weight and feel better than I had in eons, I got waylaid (work, new kid born, etc. etc.) and, in the past 2 months, I put about 15 lbs on (nearly all my progress lost).  I now feel bloated, tired, have inflammation all over my body, don't sleep as well, so on and so forth.  Potatoes really are the ultimate elixir.  

I decided Thanksgiving would be the last hurrah.  And no better time to break out a new marketing shtick for the diet that begins this morning,

THE FRENCH FRY DIET

Woah.  Right?  

It's a little misleading, because we're not going to fry anything.  But we ARE going to allow a little avocado cooking spray and coconut cooking spray -- one on the sheet, one over the top of of the "fries" -- followed by tossing on some seasoning and baking to a crisp.

For 20 bucks, this thing is magical: Culina French Fry Potato Cutter with Round Bottom for Easy Slicing, 2 Blades https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FX0LBGE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_b9coybVW20YFW

Day 1's batch in the oven.  

Can't wait to drop this 15 again, and then some, and start feeling like a younger man. 

Who's comin' with me??

Ok

You really still on it?  How long?  Progress report?
Only a psychopath would stick to an all potato diet for an extended period of time.  I have made a nuked potato with a little butter and a 1/4 lb of precooked chicken breast an almost daily meal.  I like anything that's easy, reasonably healthy and tastes ok.   

Only a psychopath would stick to an all potato diet for an extended period of time.  I have made a nuked potato with a little butter and a 1/4 lb of precooked chicken breast an almost daily meal.  I like anything that's easy, reasonably healthy and tastes ok.   
PROGRESS REPORT please. 

PROGRESS REPORT please. 
Not much to report.  My original goal was to get to 200 which puts me roughly in the 12% range on the calibers.  I got there briefly after going heavy on the potatoes this summer.  Since then I've put about 7 back on. At that time, I was just doing nuked with salt or ketchup/mustard.  As I mentioned above, now, I strictly do nuked with a little butter.  The new goal is 195. I had a good week but then the thanksgiving disaster hit so got back on the horse yesterday.    Lets do this.

Not much to report.  My original goal was to get to 200 which puts me roughly in the 12% range on the calibers.  I got there briefly after going heavy on the potatoes this summer.  Since then I've put about 7 back on. At that time, I was just doing nuked with salt or ketchup/mustard.  As I mentioned above, now, I strictly do nuked with a little butter.  The new goal is 195. I had a good week but then the thanksgiving disaster hit so got back on the horse yesterday.    Lets do this.
Time for a new screenhandle then "TaterButter"

Nice. 

Tell me more about this nuked with butter. Just throw a potatoe in the microwave for how long?  How much butter?

Mustard is an interesting idea. Like a knish. May try this. 

Nice. 

Tell me more about this nuked with butter. Just throw a potatoe in the microwave for how long?  How much butter?

Depends on size. I do somewhere around 5-7 minutes, then turn it upside down and nuke it slightly less than the first period. That's for one potato. I read somewhere that yoy increase the time by fifty or more percent if you go two or more in one go.

Nice. 

Depends on the size of the tater.   I get the 15lb bag from costco (taters and apples are just amazing b/c they last forever) of the yukon golds.  Golds are the  only way I go.  They are so naturally creamy that it doesn't take much butter to make them delicious.   The largest one's go in for 6 minutes; the smallest 2.5.  I quarter the nuked potato, smash it flat with a fork and then give it a coating with approximately a 1/16 slice of the stick which equates to approximately 50 extra calories and 5 extra grams of fat.  I also get the precooked/seasoned organic frozen chicken strips.  That chicken in particular compliments the potato very nicely.  I'll nuke up approximately 1/4lb of those.   Probably looking at a total of 250 calories and 6 grams of fat for both together.   

In honor of this thread I had a baked potato for lunch (with a little butter) and having potatoes as the starch for dinner tonight

Well I've put on another 10-15lbs since this post, and two things have become abundantly clear to me:

First, when I give up booze and eat potatoes every day, I get thin, have overall better general health, less inflammation, more energy, sleep better, and feel like a young stallion of a man.  This even continues if I do this just 3-4 days a week, and loosen the reigns on the weekend, though progress either slows or my condition is just maintained, depending on how loose. 

Second, if I drink a lot of booze and eat a lot of cake and other gluttonous garbage constantly with reckless abandon, I get fat, sleep terribly, have no energy, and feel terrible. 

There's no sense in doing anything now with NYE just two days away, but come January 2nd, its back to work and back to spuds. Gonna try and extend the full hack a bit longer and see if I can make even faster progress. Also, when I hit a plateau like I did the first time at 215, I'm gonna supercharge by going for a full week or ten day hack to break through it. 

If I play my cards right, I could be oh so handsome and energy-packed by summer. 

We got an Actifry for Christmas and it seems like it could go really well with this diet. A tiny little bit of oil and plain old potatoes, then 25 minutes later delicious french fries. Much better than the cooking spray baking attempts everyone was loving earlier on in this thread.

Depends on the size of the tater.   I get the 15lb bag from costco (taters and apples are just amazing b/c they last forever) of the yukon golds.  Golds are the  only way I go.  They are so naturally creamy that it doesn't take much butter to make them delicious.   The largest one's go in for 6 minutes; the smallest 2.5.  I quarter the nuked potato, smash it flat with a fork and then give it a coating with approximately a 1/16 slice of the stick which equates to approximately 50 extra calories and 5 extra grams of fat.  I also get the precooked/seasoned organic frozen chicken strips.  That chicken in particular compliments the potato very nicely.  I'll nuke up approximately 1/4lb of those.   Probably looking at a total of 250 calories and 6 grams of fat for both together.   
:thumbup:

Gonna hit this potato diet after new years. But, I think I am going to eat fruit and vegetables instead of potatoes. I might even drink them instead of actually eating them.

I'd be down with a January 2nd weigh in and weight loss challenge.  Say a 3 month % loss challenge or so?  Maybe $100 a entrant?

Users who are viewing this thread